Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump travels to golf club with Rand Paul

Trump travels to golf club with Rand Paul

Trump travels to golf club with Rand Paul

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN
    10/15/17

President Trump headed to his golf course in Virginia with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) Sunday morning, according to multiple reports.

Trump departed the White House just after 10:00 a.m., according to a reporter traveling with the president. Trump was wearing a white polo and USA hat, the reporter added.

Trump and Paul have had a tense relationship in the past. Trump attacked the senator for voting against the bill to repeal ObamaCare, but the two reunited over Trump’s executive order rescinding parts of ObamaCare last week.

Paul defended Trump’s use of the order and attended the signing ceremony, during which Trump presented him with a pen.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...with-rand-paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    video of Rand departing with Trump, about a minute in

I wonder if he'll talk $#@! on Rand's golf game again?

Methinks he likes Rand because he's short.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 10-15-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Trump will be trying to get Rand to support the tax plan, Rand will tell Trump what the plan needs to do.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    I wonder if he'll talk $#@! on Rand's golf game again?
    Me thinks he like Rand because he's short.
    non-threatening

Rand is wearing Kentucky blue.

I'm glad Rand is on good terms with the president.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Rand Paul 'had a great time' playing golf with Trump

BY MALLORY SHELBOURNE
    10/15/17

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) “had a good time” golfing with President Trump on Sunday.

"He's a little better golfer than I am, admittedly, but we had a good time," Paul said Sunday.

"The president never loses, didn't you know?" Paul joked with reporters following the game. "The president and his partner beat myself and my partner by three holes."

The two discussed tax reform and health care, Paul said, according to a White House press pool report.

“Sen. Rand Paul considers President Trump a personal friend, they had a great time playing today and discussed multiple initiatives that they can work on together going forward,” a spokesman for Paul told the White House pool reporter.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...olf-with-trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is it a requirement of some sort that you play golf if you run for higher political office? I mean seriously, what stupid $#@!ing game. If I were President, I'd go to Pizza Ranch instead.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Is it a requirement of some sort that you play golf if you run for higher political office? I mean seriously, what stupid $#@!ing game. If I were President, I'd go to Pizza Ranch instead.
    I have never once even swung a golf club, never understood the attraction of hitting little white balls and then chasing them down to hit them again.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have never once even swung a golf club, never understood the attraction of hitting little white balls and then chasing them down to hit them again.
    Pretty sure its for the perks. For your 10,000th ball you get a white collar job and 2 blonde secretaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Pretty sure its for the perks. For your 10,000th ball you get a white collar job and 2 blonde secretaries.
    I would rather be blue collar, and blondes are everywhere.
    "The Patriarch"

I would rather be blue collar, and blondes are everywhere.
    I don't golf either. I just see a correlation and assume causation.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I don't golf either. I just see a correlation and assume causation.
    No, I think theres a lot to what you say. There's a lot of schmoozing and such going on at the golf courses. I've just never been very good at pretending to like people for some imagined gain so I've never partaken.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    video of Rand departing with Trump, about a minute in

1) Why is there a hundred car motorcade for a golf match?

2) How many tax dollars did that cost?

3) Has the secret service dramatically relaxed their dress code?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to see Rand and The Donald play tennis.

Isn't it wonderful that Rand doesn't act like a petulant child, like so many others, and instead capitalizes on opportunities to get the President's ear to provide constructive input that is already changing policy.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Whatever people think of Obama, I did like his idea of a Beer Summit

Trump golfed there last weekend with Lindsay Graham. Rand is in elite company.

P.S. I'll bet Lindsay crushes his drives. Like about 320 yards.

Last edited by anaconda; 10-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Isn't it wonderful that Rand doesn't act like a petulant child, like so many others, and instead capitalizes on opportunities to get the President's ear to provide constructive input that is already changing policy.
    yea its pretty nice that rand doesnt act like trump

Golf is a very fun and challenging sport, both physically and mentally, if you are any good at it. I don't play because it costs like $50/round.. It's not THAT fun ($50/round fun), unless you're out playing with friends or something and I'm too young to have a lot of friends that play golf. There was a course that closed around here a couple years ago and I went out and played for free for a few weeks until the course became overgrown.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    yea its pretty nice that rand doesnt act like trump
    I think LE and I are just glad that Rand is there, and someone like you isn't instead, because that would be a total waste of a good opportunity.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think LE and I are just glad that Rand is there, and someone like you isn't instead, because that would be a total waste of a good opportunity.
    No, you are happy because if Trump throws a small bone to your camp, (and be honest, this health care EO is REALLY small,) it means you won't look as bad for peddling this retard for so long. Meanwhile he escalates conflicts all across the globe... which matters tenfold.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post

http://trumpgolfcount.com/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

No, you are happy because if Trump throws a small bone to your camp, (and be honest, this health care EO is REALLY small,) it means you won't look as bad for peddling this retard for so long. Meanwhile he escalates conflicts all across the globe... which matters tenfold.
    Rand disagrees that this is a small bone, so do I.

When people are making mortgage sized payments for their health care premiums, and then still have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket when an incident occurs, giving health care back to the free market is a HUGE deal. Minimizing that is really foolish..

And to pretend that Trump is doing any worse in the arena of foreign policy than where we would be with Hillary is also very, very foolish.

I am so glad we have a Senator in office who is on our side and who doesn't squander amazing opportunities over foolish nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post

I would just be happy he is playing golf with Rand and not with Lindsey Graham and stfu..

Rand disagrees that this is a small bone, so do I.

When people are making mortgage sized payments for their health care premiums, and then still have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket when an incident occurs, giving health care back to the free market is a HUGE deal. Minimizing that is really foolish..

And to pretend that Trump is doing any worse in the arena of foreign policy than where we would be with Hillary is also very, very foolish.

I am so glad we have a Senator in office who is on our side and who doesn't squander amazing opportunities over foolish nonsense.
    The health care EO is so small that Ron hasn't even made a video on it.

Trump is good because Hillary would be worse! You make this assertion that Hillary would be doing as bad as Trump on foreign policy. I find that really hard to believe.

Trump has escalated with Iran, North Korea, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, and Somalia. Trump loosened the rules of engagement for the military. Trump signed a 350 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia. Out of this list, Hillary would maybe have done.. 2 or 3 of the things at this point in her presidency. She would certainly not have done this bad this quickly on foreign policy. To suggest otherwise is just being dishonest

The health care EO is so small that Ron hasn't even made a video on it.
    That's not an argument. Ron Paul has a different role than Rand, Ron craps all over the $#@!ty parts of Trump's policies, which is good, it needs to be done.. but he also calls out the establishment for the stupid Russian crap and some of the other stupid things they attack Trump on, and I have never heard Ron Paul call for Trump's impeachment or say that he would prefer Trump not be in office, because, Ron Paul knows the alternative is likely much worse.

You make this assertion that Hillary would be doing as bad as Trump on foreign policy. I find that really hard to believe.
    Lol, then you aren't very intelligent..

Trump has escalated with Iran, North Korea, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, and Somalia. Trump loosened the rules of engagement for the military. Trump signed a 350 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia. Out of this list, Hillary would maybe have done.. 2 or 3 of the things at this point in her presidency. She would certainly not have done this bad this quickly on foreign policy. To suggest otherwise is just being dishonest
    Hillary would have done much worse, she would have tried to oust Assad by now and probably started a couple new wars.. not to mention, free speech for people on the right? That would have been a thing of the past..
    Last edited by dannno; 10-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.

That's not an argument. Ron Paul has a different role than Rand, Ron craps all over the $#@!ty parts of Trump's policies, which is good, it needs to be done.. but he also calls out the establishment for the stupid Russian crap and some of the other stupid things they attack Trump on, and I have never heard Ron Paul call for Trump's impeachment or say that he would prefer Trump not be in office, because, Ron Paul knows the alternative is likely much worse.
    I haven't called for Trump's impeachment or said I prefer Pence or that I would vote for Hillary. All I've done is call Trump an idiot/retard and criticized his foreign policy. Ron covers important issues on his channel. Don't you think if the EO actually mattered he'd bring it up? And if it was as important as you pretend it is, he would have already covered it by now.

Lol, then you aren't very intelligent..
    That's not an argument. But it is funny that someone as unintelligent as you would bring into question other people's intelligence

Hillary would have done much worse, she wouho's on record thinkingld have tried to oust Assad by now and probably started a couple new wars.. not to mention, free speech for people on the right? That would have been a thing of the past..
    So Hillary would have most likely escalated in Syria more than what Trump has done so far. (He has bombed Syrian government forces multiple times and civilians hundreds of times.) That's fair. But she would not have come anywhere close to Trump on any of the other points. Establishment D's play the slow game when it comes to $#@!ty foreign policy. Establishment R's want to bomb the whole world ASAP.

It doesn't even matter to you how bad Trump is. You will always say, no matter what, that Hillary would have been worse. If he dropped a nuke on North Korea you would say that Hillary would have dropped 2. You're not a serious person.

lmao, reading that free speech bit is great. That's way more hilarious than "Obama's gonna take all our gurns!!"
    Last edited by Influenza; 10-17-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast