Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDC Says Americans Are Fatter Than Ever Before; 40% Of Adults Now Considered Obese

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Texans like their burritos.
    Many Californians like burritos.

And lots of others:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/12/yum-...ery-month.html
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-15-2017 at 04:05 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Texans like their burritos.
    Most heroin addicts started with milk. It's the gateway.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Want to appear thinner.. go to a fatter state
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Many Californians like burritos.

And lots of others:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/12/yum-...ery-month.html
    And they are one of the leanest states- #5 according to charts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    And they are one of the leanest states- #5 according to charts in this thread.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I guess Californians are just more into exercise?
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I guess Californians are just more into exercise?
    I think they do Zumba.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I think they do Zumba.

lolol...Yeah, I know people who are into Zumba, including my mom.

Actually, as you know my roommate and I started doing Zumba a couple months ago… Except the song that she likes to dance to is this one:

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    You are right- it does usually effect poor people more. Healthy foods are perversely more expensive.
    Really? How so?

I can remember prices of most everything I buy. Here is a list of what I daily and/or weekly, with rounded off prices:

apples; 99 cents per pound; 6 cents per ounce
    raw kale; 99 cents per bunch; 9 cents per ounce
    watermelon; 4.99 each; as low as 2 cents per ounce
    bananas; 50 cents per pound; 10 cent per ounce (without peel)
    raw valencia peanuts; 1.69 per pound; 11 cents per ounce
    organic raw romaine; 3.99 per 3 pak; 14 cent per ounce
    grapes; 1.49 per pound; 9 cents per ounce
    organic raw carrots; 1.69 two pound package; 5 cents per ounce
    tomatoes; 1.49 per pound; 9 cents per ounce
    vidalia onions; 89 cents per pound; 6 cents per ounce
    raisins; 3.49 for 24 ounce container; 14 cents per ounce
    raw cabbage; 49 cents per pound; 3 cents per ounce
    cucumbers; 50 cents each; 4 cents per ounce

I could list many others in the same price range. I can even feed our dog very healthy with raw organic chicken. The boneless thighs often go on sale for $2.46lb (15 cents per ounce). One quarter of his diet is raw vegetables, which makes his food even cheaper. He's 21 years old, 1996-present (okay, I am bragging a bit there ).

I even get more for my money by eating the entire apple (except stem), eating watermelon seeds (protein), etc.

Among the cheapest candy I see is those peppermint wheels, which go 99 cents for 6 ounces (16 cents per ounce). Among the cheapest pastry I see is glazed donuts at Aldi for 8-9 cents per ounce. The cheapest snacks at Aldi are around 9 cents per ounce.

Most/many of the foods I eat are cheaper than the cheapest chocolate, frozen pizza, meat, cooked nuts, potato chips, and a whole $#@!load of other crap.

I don't want to hear how it's hard to eat healthy. It's not hard at all.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-17-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Really? How so?

I can remember prices of most everything I buy. Here is a list of what I daily and/or weekly, with rounded off prices:

apples; 99 cents per pound; 6 cents per ounce
    raw kale; 99 cents per bunch; 9 cents per ounce
    watermelon; 4.99 each; as low as 2 cents per ounce
    bananas; 50 cents per pound; 10 cent per ounce (without peel)
    raw valencia peanuts; 1.69 per pound; 11 cents per ounce
    organic raw romaine; 3.99 per 3 pak; 14 cent per ounce
    grapes; 1.49 per pound; 9 cents per ounce
    organic raw carrots; 1.69 two pound package; 5 cents per ounce
    tomatoes; 1.49 per pound; 9 cents per ounce
    vidalia onions; 89 cents per pound; 6 cents per ounce
    raisins; 3.49 for 24 ounce container; 14 cents per ounce
    raw cabbage; 49 cents per pound; 3 cents per ounce
    cucumbers; 50 cents each; 4 cents per ounce

I could list many others in the same price range. I can even feed our dog very healthy with raw organic chicken. The boneless thighs often go on sale for $2.46lb (15 cents per ounce).

I even get more for my money by eating the entire apple (except stem), eating watermelon seeds (protein), etc.

Among the cheapest candy I see is those peppermint wheels, which go 99 cents for 6 ounces (16 cents per ounce). Among the cheapest pastry I see is glazed donuts at Aldi for 8-9 cents per ounce. The cheapest snacks at Aldi are around 9 cents per ounce.

Most/many of the foods I eat are cheaper than the cheapest chocolate, frozen pizza, meat, cooked nuts, potato chips, and a whole $#@!load of other crap.

I don't want to hear how it's hard to eat healthy. It's not hard at all.
    I agree. Now that I don't eat meat or dairy, and try to eat healthy, my groceries aren't really that expensive. You can't go wrong with rice and beans, veggies, fruits etc. The only thing that would be expensive for me, would be packaged vegan food... the specialty stuff, but I only get that once in a while.

― Henry David Thoreau

I agree. Now that I don't eat meat or dairy, and try to eat healthy, my groceries aren't really that expensive. You can't go wrong with rice and beans, veggies, fruits etc. The only thing that would be expensive for me, would be packaged vegan food... the specialty stuff, but I only get that once in a while.
    I think it's funny how that goes. The simplest foods are often the cheapest, even with this country's cheap food policy. There less money to be made in food than many industries. The high cost often comes with processing or dressing up something that is simple.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's funny how that goes. The simplest foods are often the cheapest, even with this country's cheap food policy. There less money to be made in food than many industries. The high cost often comes with processing or dressing up something that is simple.
    Yep. But it is true that many poor people eat fast food...which is unhealthy but cheap.

― Henry David Thoreau

Yep. But it is true that many poor people eat fast food...which is unhealthy but cheap.
    You know, that was always my impression, but I just looked this up. This source shows that these foods are fairly high. I would guess the chicken mcgarbage is higher, but I thought the other stuff would be lower. Is the link right? If so, then this stuff is higher than what you and I eat.

http://clark.com/deals-money-saving-...lue-mcdonalds/

You know, that was always my impression, but I just looked this up. This source shows that these foods are fairly high. I would guess the chicken mcgarbage is higher, but I thought the other stuff would be lower. Is the link right? If so, then this stuff is higher than what you and I eat.

http://clark.com/deals-money-saving-...lue-mcdonalds/
    Hmm, yeah, it looks like prices went up. I live outside the US and haven't eaten that sort of thing in a long time. Definitely cheaper just to cook something at home that is simple and healthy.

― Henry David Thoreau

Hmm, yeah, it looks like prices went up.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I never go in fast food joints unless I have to use their toilet (), so never really knew the exact prices. Look at the prices per pound on that link. A double cheeseburger is $8.11 per pound. A quarter pounder is 9.81 per pound. Their fish sandwich is $10.59 per pound. These are really, really high in my book. You can get a decent cut of meat at the grocer for cheaper than that fast food sh*t. And, the grocery meat won't literally smell like sh*t.

I now think this whole thing is a misconception based on slick marketing. There's a dollar section in one of the grocery stores we shop. The candy is a buck, but it's only about 4 ounces. That is 25 cents per ounce, or $4.00 per pound. That's really not that cheap for chocolate or for a store section (everything $1.00) that is supposed to be cheap.

I now see that this entire fast food is cheap mindset is not even remotely true! Really the opposite. I thought it was slightly higher than the grocery produce section, but it's a lot higher. What a crappy gimmick!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Government interference in health care means your healthcare costs are higher.

The public still fails to understand the conceptual difference between the delivery of health care services and health insurance. All else being equal, a fit lean person who consumed animal products raised on 100% on grass would be stupid to join a health insurance pool with a fat pre-diabetic who dined on sugar and grain-fed factory farmed animals. Competition should make medical services cheap, and equally cheap, across consumers. The latter group will inevitably choose to spend more on health services because of poorer health.
    Plus now, under Obamacare, insurance is not even allowed to offer discount for healthy lifestyle beyond being a non-smoker. Healthy lifestyles pay higher premiums the same as unhealthy lifestyles. The law subsidizes unhealthy lifestyles. We know what happens to anything you subsidize.

"Under Obamacare, a 30-year-old male, with a BMI of 18, who works out 5-6 days a week, eats as healthy as possible, and has absolutely no health problems whatsoever, ends up paying the same amount in premiums as a 30-year-old male who is 600lbs, eats two pizzas and drinks two 2-liter sodas daily, and has been previously told by his doctor that he needs to lose weight, or be at risk for heart disease and diabetes."
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

That and it tastes good! Fast food is absolutely delicious! Big Macs, cheeseburgers, fries, shakes.....they taste heavenly. Beats heck out of lettuce and celery and carrots....and that's one thing that makes the kids and many adults choose the bad stuff.

grocery stores have the lowest markup/profit margin on goods in retail.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have heard that the grocery stores in the poor neighborhoods who can survive the theft, don't have a problem loosing veggies and the stuff that's good for you. It's the candy, some sweet fruits like cherries and grapes, cookies, pastries, donuts, fried chicken, soft drinks, and booze that gets gone. The poor folks just don't WANT the celery, carrots, and apples etc.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    That and it tastes good! Fast food is absolutely delicious! Big Macs, cheeseburgers, fries, shakes.....they taste heavenly. Beats heck out of lettuce and celery and carrots....and that's one thing that makes the kids and many adults choose the bad stuff.
    I don't think it's the "food" itself... But all the stuff that's added to it, like salt, sugar, fat, cheese. A lot of people don't realize this, but those things are actually addictive. Those ingredients trigger something in your brain that make you crave more greasy, salty fatty foods....which is why when you drive by a McDonald's, your mouth might start to water. But is that addiction really worth it when what you're actually doing is putting all sorts of crap into your body, clogging your arteries, causing obesity, etc?

I have a cousin who ate tons of fast food for years (in fact, he and his wife met when they both worked at a fast food place, she is obese) and ate the SAD. He suddenly died of a heart attack at age 47. It was tragic.. I know people always say this about someone who died, but he really was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Another thing that many people don't seem to realize is that healthy food is delicious... or it I should say it can be, it's all about how you prepare it. Ever since I went plant-based, I've gotten into cooking, trying all sorts of new interesting recipes, and I'm telling you, I've had so many dishes that are both healthy AND absolutely delicious. And I don't have to worry about getting cancer, heart disease, or getting fat... and of course no animals are harmed when you eat a plant-based diet. I've said this before, but I'll say it again… it was without a doubt one of the best life decisions I ever made. I'd say it's number two.

― Henry David Thoreau

Another thing that many people don't seem to realize is that healthy food is delicious... or it I should say it can be, it's all about how you prepare it. Ever since I went plant-based, I've gotten into cooking, trying all sorts of new interesting recipes, and I'm telling you, I've had so many dishes that are both healthy AND absolutely delicious.
    Biscuits n gravy'll keep a feller around.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Biscuits n gravy'll keep a feller around.
    Heheh. I'm all for biscuits and gravy… Well, as long as the gravy isn't from meat. I don't think I've had much Southern food… so you'll have to teach me how to make all those delicious southern dishes.

― Henry David Thoreau

Heheh. I'm all for biscuits and gravy… Well, as long as the gravy isn't from meat. I don't think I've had much Southern food… so you'll have to teach me how to make all those delicious southern dishes.
    K. First thing is wear an apron. One of those checkered ones. But only an apron. One of those checkered ones. I'll keep an eye on ya, don't worry.

lololol.... I was going to say something to that, but I think I'll refrain.

Ok, back to the topic!

― Henry David Thoreau

Heh. Okay.

End the CDC!

Heck, I coud have told yuns that just by looking around. Who needs a federal agency to tell us? lol.

That is all.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-18-2017 at 08:51 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12