Thread: Rand Paul today at signing

Rand Paul today at signing

I have to admit this was pretty funny...
    https://twitter.com/cspanJeremy/stat...01633130147842

My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could Trump find a smaller room to sign this EO?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I don't think people realize what a big deal/moment for Randal this was. My impression is that he basically willed this EO into existence. He started talking about how he thought trump COULD do this with an EO many months ago, after the first HC legislation failed. He kept saying it over and over saying he expected that trump would do this. It wasn't until only a couple weeks ago that the media picked up on it.

I don't doubt for a minute that this would NOT have happened without him aggressively pushing it and claiming in the media that it was all but done, probably before Trump even seriously considered following through on it. ie: give the impression in media interviews that trump IS going to do it, forcing trumps hand to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't think people realize what a big deal/moment for Randal this was. My impression is that he basically willed this EO into existence. He started talking about how he thought trump COULD do this with an EO many months ago, after the first HC legislation failed. He kept saying it over and over saying he expected that trump would do this. It wasn't until only a couple weeks ago that the media picked up on it.

I don't doubt for a minute that this would NOT have happened without him aggressively pushing it and claiming in the media that it was all but done, probably before Trump even seriously considered it.
    Oh yeah, it was totally Rand's baby. This is basically the first one of the 'wild ass' ideas he has that was finally implemented. Great moment for the R3volution!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Thank you Alex Jones, for making sure it wasn't Hillary.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Trump mentions that 3 republicans blocked the repeal--Rand is standing right behind him.

Trump almost forgets to sign it, lol. Rand gives him a thumbs up and Trump gives him the pen.

Well done Rand!
    Last edited by EBounding; 10-12-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Oh yeah, it was totally Rand's baby. This is basically the first one of the 'wild ass' ideas he has that was finally implemented. Great moment for the R3volution!
    FWIW, the idea came originally from a libertarian thinktank. He mentioned which one before but I don't recall which.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't doubt for a minute that this would NOT have happened without him aggressively pushing it and claiming in the media that it was all but done, probably before Trump even seriously considered following through on it. ie: give the impression in media interviews that trump IS going to do it, forcing trumps hand to actually do it.
    This is great news. Thankfully Rand did not listen to the advice of the many loud mouth jackasses in this forum that bashed me and others saying Rand should work with Trump to get some of his platform implemented. Particularly the competition across state lines.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This is great news. Thankfully Rand did not listen to the advice of the many loud mouth jackasses in this forum that bashed me and others saying Rand should work with Trump to get some of his platform implemented. Particularly the competition across state lines.
    Yes, I'm sure there were a lot of us who said Rand shouldn't fight for liberty.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yes, I'm sure there were a lot of us who said Rand shouldn't fight for liberty.
    No, but there were a number that said Rand should not work with Trump and anyone that suggests it was attacked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    No, but there were a number that said Rand should not work with Trump and anyone that suggests it was attacked for it.
    Ok, sure there were some. Time to get over it, clearly that was the wrong viewpoint to take. I'm sure they will see that now.

This is really great. Has anyone else blocked much of Trump's agenda, yet is still respected by Trump? Rand's healthcare legislation might become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Has anyone else blocked much of Trump's agenda, yet is still respected by Trump?
    Maybe it wasn't really "Trump's agenda"
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I've gotten a lot of flack over the years for backing the Paul family. Ridicule about how little we can, could, or would accomplish. Now we're looking at Ron's son right behind the president. It's not everything that we want but it's a lot more than those who ridiculed me ever accomplished. Good stuff, lot's of crow pie to pass around.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    I have to admit this was pretty funny...
    https://twitter.com/cspanJeremy/stat...01633130147842

Seems that several people near Rand were uncomfortable, even Munchin.

Rand was probably hoping to avoid or anticipate the dreaded shoulder massage...gotta love the wink at Putin.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Trump mentions that 3 republicans blocked the repeal--Rand is standing right behind him.
    The three were McCain, Murkowski and Collins.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yup this, I was feel the exact same as Rand until that sh1t was signed and the pen was in my damn pocket.

Good job Rand, one of the biggest accomplishments of the liberty movement in terms of impact to the lives of American people.

Money bomb for Rand, anybody?
    Last edited by eleganz; 10-13-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Yup this, I was feel the exact same as Rand until that sh1t was signed and the pen was in my damn pocket.

Good job Rand, one of the biggest accomplishments of the liberty movement in terms of impact to the lives of American people.
    did you see how trump initially turned around and began leave without actually signing it? then somebody stopped him and told him he had forgotten to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The three were McCain, Murkowski and Collins.
    Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Money bomb for Rand, anybody?
    He just got elected back to the Senate, it would be cool to chip-in for nice a gift, though.

That was painfully awkward... but Trump does suck all of the O2 out of a room
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a media event like that just standing around there is always going to be an awkward moment or awkward spot you are standing in unless they are actively doing something or conversing. . If he was smiling and staring they media would have been all over that to.