Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alt. Right "Blood & Soil" Types Are Opposed To Western Civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And why does freedom need to be reborn? Because people keep killing it, the vast majority of mankind don't want freedom and they kill it with depressing regularity.

Even your definition of freedom would need an area to call it's own while it tried to expand it's territory to reach the entire globe through education.

And LOL at the idea that the world is getting freer than it used to be, the world has had it's ups and downs but we are reaching unplumbed depths in modern times and it just keeps getting worse.
    Freedom doesn't need a territory. As an idea, or set of ideas, it transcends such petty ideas as territory. Indeed, if you think freedom has any culture then you don't understand freedom or culture.

The Internet has made it possible to use a currency completely unregulated by the State, Bitcoin, engage in free market capitalism across the world with the touch of a button without government tax interference, has given unparalleled power to the practice of the freedoms of speech, expression, religion, etc. The ideas of liberty are spreading wider than they ever have at one time in all of history. It is a great moment in the history of freedom. Certainly we still live with many of the hallmarks of the State that have always existed -taxation, imprisonment, etc.- but more than ever we are able to circumvent those if we truly wish.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    The President doesn't even have the power to issue such orders in the Constitution.

Further, using executive authority to circumvent and nullify the law is a violation of the Constitution. In regards to the law the President has three powers: to veto a proposed law, to pardon convicted violators of the law, and to enforce the current law.

Only Congress has the power to create or alter the law. When the President engages in such activity it is unconstitutional as he is assuming the powers held by Congress.

This order allows for insurance companies to form and operate that are currently illegal under the ACA. This means Trump is essentially creating a new law by fiat order, nullifying previous law by fiat order, and then using his position to force that law into action. In this he usurps Congressional power to create and alter law along with the Judicial power to abolish law.

Whatever you think of the ACA, and I despise it, this is nothing but another blatant violation of the US Constitution and further expansion of the centralized power of the Presidency. No constitutionalist could applaud this, but like all other Progressives you are a constitutionalist only when it is convenient. When it isn't you violate it and ignore it.
    The Constitution is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, it is enforcing it to instruct the executive branch to follow it and not illegitimate unconstitutional laws made by congress in violation of the constitution.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How could they be if, like I said, they don't really even exist anymore?
    On what are you basing this assertion?
    Stop believing stupid things

Freedom doesn't need a territory. As an idea, or set of ideas, it transcends such petty ideas as territory. Indeed, if you think freedom has any culture then you don't understand freedom or culture.

The Internet has made it possible to use a currency completely unregulated by the State, Bitcoin, engage in free market capitalism across the world with the touch of a button without government tax interference, has given unparalleled power to the practice of the freedoms of speech, expression, religion, etc. The ideas of liberty are spreading wider than they ever have at one time in all of history. It is a great moment in the history of freedom. Certainly we still live with many of the hallmarks of the State that have always existed -taxation, imprisonment, etc.- but more than ever we are able to circumvent those if we truly wish.
    If you don't have a place to be free you are not free, if those around you will kill or imprison you for acting free you are not free.

If freedom is the absence of tyranny then like the vacuum in the walls of a thermos it needs it's own space protected by walls.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    On what are you basing this assertion?
    The term used to have a very broad meaning encompassing a large group of people in the US, now it has a very narrow meaning and encompasses a few nutcases.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Liberty is a culture, if too many outsiders are let in too fast they will swamp that culture rather than learn it, then liberty dies.
    Didn't really mean to neg you, but I'm on a phone and can't use it well with my fat fingers. But seriously, you're starting to sound like FeS2H2O.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Freedom derives from culture as opposed to the other way around. Some cultures are more hostile to freedom than others. The rush to erase christian based precepts in American society is not being done by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Didn't really mean to neg you, but I'm on a phone and can't use it well with my fat fingers. But seriously, you're starting to sound like FeS2H2O.
    lol.. you just -rep'd me for a post that was totally 100% factually correct, even though your rep comment was also factually correct it didn't contradict anything I said.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have always been in favor of controlled immigration, I have a long post history on the subject.
    The rest of the world is even less freedom oriented than we are, if we let them all in we will become no different than them, I do believe in reasonable immigration as charity to those who are seeking a better life and for our own benefit though.

P.S. glad to hear the neg was an error but I have a thick skin anyway
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-13-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...good thread..lots of food for thought...

...i've never heard any two people define 'liberty/freedom' the same way...it seems any possibility for 'liberty/freedom' is PRECISELY inversely proportional [ceteris paribus] to population...i.e. pop. 1 = maximum possible liberty/freedom, pop. 7,000,000,000 = much much less liberty/freedom possible...

...'justice' is my favorite 'ideal'...and imo, BY FAR, the biggest obstacle to 'justice' is this HIDEOUS monetary order under which most of us are [unknowingly] enslaved...'it' is THE one topic of discussion 'they' most fastidiously squelch and avoid...forever and always...now why do you suppose that is?...

“We have stricken the shackles from 4,000,000 human beings and brought all labourers to a common level, but not so much by the elevation of former slaves as by reducing the whole working population, white and black, to a condition of serfdom. While boasting of our noble deeds, we are careful to conceal the ugly fact that by our iniquitous money system we have manipulated a system of oppression which, though more refined, is no less cruel than the old system of chattel slavery.”- Horace Greeley (1811-1872), editor of the New York Tribune
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 10-13-2017 at 06:56 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does Japan have a right to exist as a race and culture? Do they have the right, hypothetically speaking, to resist being flooded with African, Latino, or Muslim immigrants and reduced to a minority in their own country without being labeled a racist?

If the answer is yes, than the same should be true for whites in America. America was founded as a European outpost. The founding fathers limited immigration to northern European nations. it wasn't until 1965 that democrats passed a new immigration law permitting immigrants from any nation.

Whites built America, its culture and institutions, fought its wars, and they didn't intend on just handing it over to mexican immigrants or anyone else. It is perfectly normal and natural for whites today to resist what is happening.

If Japan were being flooded with immigrants and the Japanese people were reduced to a minority they would resist that, rightfully so. But when whites are labeled as racist in America and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial_Truth View Post
    Does Japan have a right to exist as a race and culture? Do they have the right, hypothetically speaking, to resist being flooded with African, Latino, or Muslim immigrants and reduced to a minority in their own country without being labeled a racist?

If the answer is yes, than the same should be true for whites in America. America was founded as a European outpost. The founding fathers limited immigration to northern European nations. it wasn't until 1965 that democrats passed a new immigration law permitting immigrants from any nation.

Whites built America, its culture and institutions, fought its wars, and they didn't intend on just handing it over to mexican immigrants or anyone else. It is perfectly normal and natural for whites today to resist what is happening.

If Japan were being flooded with immigrants and the Japanese people were reduced to a minority they would resist that, rightfully so. But when whites are labeled as racist in America and Europe.
    Colors don't matter, people do; culture doesn't matter, principles do.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

If you don't have a place to be free you are not free, if those around you will kill or imprison you for acting free you are not free.

If freedom is the absence of tyranny then like the vacuum in the walls of a thermos it needs it's own space protected by walls.
    You do not need a place to be free. You are born free. It is funny you talk about imprisonment and then suggest building walls around you will make you free. What is imprisonment other than being locked behind walls you will not or cannot exit? Your walls are a prison, the opposite of Liberty.

Further, your comments that freedom has struggled in ever culture is a telling truth. This suggests that no culture has ever been truly free, therefore freedom is not a culture. Not early America nor now. Indeed, insisting upon an enforced dominate culture is the opposite of freedom. Freedom is the power to think, act, and live in ways that your society opposes without them using violence against you to force you into conformity. Enforced culture demands that those who would be free are attacked, punished, even killed for using their freedom differently that what the cultural norms are. Yet, Liberty can exist in all cultures. Indeed, you cannot be truly said to be living "your culture" unless you have the freedom not to do so. A Mexican can embrace his cultural heritage right next to a Chinese person living theirs. Indeed, freedom allows for all cultures to exist and grow, competing in the marketplace of ideas to demonstrate that they benefit others the most and therefore drawing more voluntarily into their practices. What the Lefties call "cultural appropriation" is merely a function of a free market of ideas.

Don't really understand why this collectivist-based deliberation about factions of political philosophy is in grassroots central.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Impartial_Truth View Post

Pictured: The "Whites" Who Built America

As for the usage of violence against peaceful people to protect your "ideas:"

"Japan" is an imaginary collective. At that matters are individuals. Japan has no rights, it isn't a person. Therefore it has no rights to anything. Only human individuals have rights. And you have the right to decide who can and cannot enter property you privately own. But you have no right to regulate property you do not privately own in any way. You cannot decide who your neighbor has on their property. These ideas are called individualism and property rights and they are the core philosophical developments of "Western Civilization." Rejecting them and embracing barbaric "blood and soil" racial identity politics is to reject "Western Civilization" for the failed traditions of the past.

There is only one race- the human race. And you can't make that a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Freedom derives from culture as opposed to the other way around. Some cultures are more hostile to freedom than others. The rush to erase christian based precepts in American society is not being done by accident.
    Every culture has articulated the ideas of freedom at one point or another, so this is simply not true. Tribalism -"blood and soil"- is hostile to freedom because freedom frees people from the mental, economic, and political dependence upon the tribal lords.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Don't really understand why this collectivist-based deliberation about factions of political philosophy is in grassroots central.
    Because how we address the ideas of Liberty will determine how we go forward. Philosophy is the central motivation for why and how we act.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because how we address the ideas of Liberty will determine how we go forward. Philosophy is the central motivation for why and how we act.
    If philosophy leads to action, then one would have to conclude that virtually everyone in this movement is horrible at philosophy given the level of activism.

That seems harsh. Some of you seem pretty sharp.

Action leads to action. A little to a lot. Now we could certainly discuss the philosophy of strategy and action in grassroots, that would be relevant, but that is what most so-called thinkers are horrible at. Thinkers who love thinking like to be proficient when they speak. They like to learn in private, then sing in public.

So outside of discussing actual strategies and ideas (and accompanying closely related philosophies of strategy and action) I would have to disagree with the idea that general philosophy should be considered "activism" and included in grassroots central.

It gives non-performing "engineer" types a central position where even a poorly performing worker is more valuable.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 10-13-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Colors don't matter, people do; culture doesn't matter, principles do.
    Culture includes shared principles, our culture is based on the principles of liberty more than other cultures, many cultures are outright hostile to liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You do not need a place to be free. You are born free.
    By that definition the people of North Korea are "free", in fact it makes it impossible to not be "free", so you are "free" no matter what happens and have no right to complain.

You are not free if you don't have a place where you are able to exercise your freedoms without being punished for doing so.

It is funny you talk about imprisonment and then suggest building walls around you will make you free. What is imprisonment other than being locked behind walls you will not or cannot exit? Your walls are a prison, the opposite of Liberty.
    My clothes are SO binding! If I don't go naked I might as well be in a straight jacket!
    My house is a prison! If I don't tear it down and live in the field with the animals I am a prisoner!

Who said I/We can't or won't exit the walls temporarily or permanently if I/We want?

Further, your comments that freedom has struggled in ever culture is a telling truth. This suggests that no culture has ever been truly free, therefore freedom is not a culture. Not early America nor now.
    Some cultures have embraced freedom more than others, if we can keep ours from being swamped by those who reject freedom we may yet build ours into perfect liberty or we may not but we will be more free than if we are overrun with leeches and tyrant lovers.

Indeed, insisting upon an enforced dominate culture is the opposite of freedom. Freedom is the power to think, act, and live in ways that your society opposes without them using violence against you to force you into conformity. Enforced culture demands that those who would be free are attacked, punished, even killed for using their freedom differently that what the cultural norms are.
    Who said enforced? When I keep weeds out of my tomato patch they grow up as tomatoes without being forced, since we are talking about people they might deviate but that would be allowed, we also would let in some outsiders and hope that they would learn liberty.

Yet, Liberty can exist in all cultures. Indeed, you cannot be truly said to be living "your culture" unless you have the freedom not to do so. A Mexican can embrace his cultural heritage right next to a Chinese person living theirs. Indeed, freedom allows for all cultures to exist and grow, competing in the marketplace of ideas to demonstrate that they benefit others the most and therefore drawing more voluntarily into their practices. What the Lefties call "cultural appropriation" is merely a function of a free market of ideas.
    Any culture can embrace liberty but many don't, unless or until they do it is not part of their culture and tyranny is, I don't mind if immigrants bring us tacos and egg foo young but the rest of the world is much less liberty loving than we are and if we let them all in at once we will no longer be better off than they are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The term used to have a very broad meaning encompassing a large group of people in the US, now it has a very narrow meaning and encompasses a few nutcases.
    If anything the definition has become too broad. I've seen someone call a Democratic congresswoman (who isn't even white) from Hawaii alt-right.

If anything the definition has become too broad. I've seen someone call a Democratic congresswoman (who isn't even white) from Hawaii alt-right.
    Before Charlotesville?

Before Charlotesville?
    Yes, that was before Charlottesville, but people on the left still use alt-right as a catch all category for people who have views that are similar to Donald Trump.

Yes, that was before Charlottesville, but people on the left still use alt-right as a catch all category for people who have views that are similar to Donald Trump.
    People on the left also use Nazi and White Supremacist as a catch all category for people who have views that are similar to Donald Trump, are we going to let those retards define these terms in political discourse?

People on the left also use Nazi and White Supremacist as a catch all category for people who have views that are similar to Donald Trump, are we going to let those retards define these terms in political discourse?
    No, and I won't let them define alt-right either. I'm just saying that there is a lot of misinformation out there and people who have nothing to do with the alt-right are labelled as such.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The great march of history though is towards greater and greater liberty, and you can see its progress etched across the whole of human history even as it has floundered in some areas. As civilization grows the tribal barbarisms of the past become obsolete.
    Prolix of a 19th century magician. Human History is only as great as the poets who write it allow, nor does history advance in any direction, or toward anything in particular - except for a cosmic drain at the end of time (if there is an end).

@PierzStyx conception of Liberty as this "always new" thing only differs from the tribal blot, such as burning old man winter in effigy, in that his concept of Liberty strictly lives in concept, whereas Spring is a real "always new."

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Prolix of a 19th century magician. Human History is only as great as the poets who write it allow, nor does history advance in any direction, or toward anything in particular - except for a cosmic drain at the end of time (if there is an end).

@PierzStyx conception of Liberty as this "always new" thing only differs from the tribal blot, such as burning old man winter in effigy, in that his concept of Liberty strictly lives in concept, whereas Spring is a real "always new."
    Concepts and ideas are the only things that matter. If the 21st century has lost it, there is no greater time to rebirth it.

And liberty is the antithesis of tribalism. Whereas tribalism demands all wills bend to the demands of the collective, liberty demands individualism. You can have community with tribalism and society without collectivism.

Beware that your concepts do not become new (old) gods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12