Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boy Scouts to begin admitting girls

Looking at how many people here are past scouts and Eagles, proves my point.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've got it!!!!!

Instead of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts we'll just call it the "Self-Identifying Scouts of Immoracal." We can call them "SISsies."
    Pan American National Scouts Inc.

PANSIs

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pan American National Scouts Inc.

PANSIs
    Genius. When I first looked at it I thought, "Pan American? As in a joining of "North and South America," and then I looked at the definition of just "Pan."

And I got....

1) a broad, shallow, and open container for domestic use
    2) a drifting fragment of the flat thin ice
    3) a harsh criticism

PANSIs it is!

Look, this goes much deeper and is a much more important sign post on the road to destruction we are on, than a simple dismissal as "muh culture war" warrants.

We all sit around and piss and moan, "Where, oh where are the defenders of freedom?", as we watch helplessly as a prison grid slave state is erected all around us.

The answer is simple: nobody bothered to make any.

A love of liberty and the passion to defend it does not come naturally, it must be nurtured and cultivated. As I've said a million times, and believe beyond any shadow of doubt, the default human condition is to want to be fed, entertained and exercise petty power.

How is this done? Through training that organizations like Boy Scouts, all their current faults and warts aside, bring to boys.

Yes, boys.

Male and female humans are different. They think differently, they have different drives, passions and wants. To keep denying this natural truth is foolishness of the first degree.

Furthermore, boys must have a "right of passage" to become men, and that right of passage, with all due respect to NC Scout leaders that teach shooting, must be done by men. Every human society that has ever thrived and survived, has had a rite of passage for boys to test the mettle and become men.

And boys do better in schooling, in learning, in bonding, in becoming men when they are led and taught by men, in a unisex environment.

This action by BSA just marks another point in the ongoing "war on boys".

So, compound this a hundred fold, from the very first exposures to "society" that a boy gets in the poisonous and gynocentric government schools, all the way to the third divorce raping in the gynocentric government courts, and you will start to understand why, when you look for somebody to defend liberty, at great risk to life and limb, you will find nothing but moping, timid manginas, manboys who know how to accomplish nothing more than getting to next level of Halo V, or, increasingly, men both young and old, that are taking a good hard look at what they are expected by society and millions of toxic slags that claim to be "strong independent woemen", to support, comply with and be validated by and are, quite rightly, telling the whole miserable lot of them all to $#@! off and die, and walking away from the whole mess.

Can't say I blame them one bit.

But the long term consequences of all of this are deadly for the health and liberty of a free society.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a former Scout I must say as a 15 yr old I would have supported ea 17 yr old RPF lady coming on campouts with me .

So are they going to rename it to "Youth Scouts?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So are they going to rename it to "Youth Scouts?"
    Young Octobrists.

I agree with Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts staying separate, but you had to know when they retained transgender children last year that it would eventually lead to one or the other going coed.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just change the name to 'Scouts' if you want girls involved?
    They should change it to Soviet Scouts.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I agree with Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts staying separate, but you had to know when they retained transgender children last year that it would eventually lead to one or the other going coed.
    Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The "Girl" Scouts allowed transgender back in 2015 I think. Might as well just roll it all under the same banner.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nope, no denying that.

This is stupid.

Hey Girl Scouts... how about improving YOUR organization, making it a ittle less LAME?????

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking at how many people here are past scouts and Eagles, proves my point.
    I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm a lifelong:

Non-scout

Non-freemason

Non-NRA

Non-501c3 church member

Non-smoker

Non-Rotarian

Non-team player

I was/am a Teamster (didn't have any choice)

Note: Of all the above, the Teamsters were the ones that have attempted to extract the least amount of money from me.

Honestly, AF has it right.

If there is any other American institution from my youth as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Boys went and became men and girls went and became women. The organization at that time was absolutely grounded in civic responsibility, personal integrity and religion. Religion wasn't an stringent adherent. I was a Lutheran in an Episcopalian troop. The only religion I was exposed to was fellowship. There was a Muslim that got the A.O.A. with me. Babtists and Judaists. The only thing that was taught was that the best of each was what we were to aspire to. All learned civic responsibility. Voluntarily giving without receiving. And personal integrity came within the law and the oath.
    I understand why some think that is all hogwash. It's been a slow mental breakaway since I was a kid. So what we have now is what it is. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    This is stupid.

Hey Girl Scouts... how about improving YOUR organization, making it a ittle less LAME?????
    That's part of the reason I retired. Back in the day our Girl Scout handbooks were well-written, interesting resources. Many of us would just read the handbook for fun. Today they are just not that great. They do not represent the true diversity of the girls. Girl Scouts really has not been the same since about 1996 or so. Fortunately most troops are autonomous. As long as basic membership standards are met, the troop can do what it wants.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm a lifelong:

Non-scout

Non-freemason

Non-NRA

Non-501c3 church member

Non-smoker

Non-Rotarian

Non-team player

I was/am a Teamster (didn't have any choice)

Note: Of all the above, the Teamsters were the ones that have attempted to extract the least amount of money from me.
    And there is nothing wrong with any of that. But, if you think that middle man didn't take from your wages in the calculations of the corp. you are fooling yourself. The Union is the one that actually extracted the filthy lucre.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    BSA was getting their asses sued off for not allowing gay scout leaders back in the day, and it's a lot easier for the scout leadership to suffer small losses over time than take those big hits and deal with all that crap from the lawsuits.
    Uh no, I don't think so. Show me the numbers.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    It's not like boys and girls are camping together, the statement says separate troops.
    Uh actually no that's not what it says. Try again.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs up

And boys do better in schooling, in learning, in bonding, in becoming men when they are led and taught by men, in a unisex environment.
    Bingo. The mere presence of females can have negative effects on male behavior. That's not to say that females should never be around, but there needs to be time (such on campouts once a month, summer camp, etc) where it is a unisex environment. It's healthy to be in a unisex environment every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yeah. Don't know if this is something from the 2ks. Back in the 1980's we had a leader that did architecture merit badge that came out gay. They told him he couldn't teach it anymore. And this was at an Episcopal church/troop. He never sued.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't need numbers, although somebody else already posted that their numbers are dwindling, you only need to see their actions.

As the organization moves closer and closer to being SJW, they lose their base, conservatives. LGBTQHB people are not their base.

The Scout leadership has slowly been conceding toward being SJW over the years in order to avoid lawsuits (large losses in the short run) and so they gave up their values and are losing membership in the longrun.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

One thing I would like to say is that it was a rare privilege to be a GS leader and be associated with such wonderful young women. What a lucky day for me when I signed on. I am still close to some of my girls. Most of them are doing really incredible things with their lives.
    #NashvilleStrong

Uh actually no that's not what it says. Try again.
    I'm not current on larger cub packs, my nephew only had a den as it was a small group. So it's up to the charter to allow co-ed or not, local control.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/20...elcomes-girls/
    An existing pack may choose to recruit girls or remain an all-boy pack. When creating a new pack, a chartered organization may form an all-boy pack, an all-girl pack or a pack of girls and boys.

Cub Scout dens will be single-gender — all boys or all girls. Cub Scout packs, meanwhile, can include any combination of all-boy or all-girl dens. The choice is left to individual pack leaders in consultation with their chartered organization.

This hybrid model builds on the benefit of a single-gender program while also providing character and leadership opportunities for both boys and girls.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I'm not current on larger cub packs, my nephew only had a den as it was a small group. So it's up to the charter to allow co-ed or not, local control.

Yeah, but it is such a muddying of waters that it is gonna end up a pig pond.

I was wondering about the dens, but didn't think to look it up. Thanks for posting that.

Its been my impression that Scouts (boy and girl) are in decline anyhow. Maybe allowing girls in will generate some short-term interest, but I think the sun's long set on BSA as a community builder. (Pedos in the nat'l news didn't help...)

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    The problem is Girl Scouts do boring things like baking when the boys get to sail boats and play with campfires. As long as the dens and troops are separate I don't see a problem.
    So in the coming years is the name going to be changed to "The Scouts" or something?

This is very silly though, why not just revamp the Girl Scouts to become much the same as the Boy Scouts, do a complete restructuring and move away from the literal cookie cutter persona? ...Or establish two branches of the Girl Scouts, one that is true to the classical Girl Scouts and another that aligns with the goals and experiences of the Boy Scouts?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    You cannot put 14 year old boys and girls in the same campground though without a rise in pregnancies.
    Then perhaps they are not as disciplined and prim as they would have us believe?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Thumbs down

From here forward when they say "be prepared" on campouts this is what they are talking about:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123