Thread: Trump challenges Rex Tillerson to IQ test

Trump challenges Rex Tillerson to IQ test

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41570266

US President Donald Trump has challenged his Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, to an IQ test, in the latest sign of discord between the two.
    He made the remark in a magazine interview when asked about reports that Mr Tillerson had called him a moron.

"I think it's fake news," Mr Trump told Forbes, "but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."
    Mr Trump is having lunch on Tuesday with Mr Tillerson.

Reports have swirled of a schism in the Trump administration between the commander-in-chief and his top diplomat, as the US faces a host of vexatious foreign policy conundrums, from North Korea to Iran.

Last week Mr Tillerson called a news conference to deny reports that he was considering quitting.

But the former ExxonMobil chief executive did not refute an NBC News report that he had called his boss a moron after a July meeting at the Pentagon.

Earlier this month, Mr Trump publicly undercut the former Texas oilman by tweeting that he was "wasting his time" trying to negotiate with nuclear-armed North Korea.

Last week the New York Times reported that Mr Tillerson was astonished at how little Mr Trump grasps the basics of foreign policy.

According to the newspaper, quoting sources close to the secretary of state, Mr Trump has been irritated by Mr Tillerson's body language during meetings.
    Mr Tillerson is said to roll his eyes or slouch when he disagrees with the decisions of his boss.
    Donald Trump insists that the stories about Rex Tillerson insulting his intelligence - despite being heavily sourced - are "fake news". Now, however, he's lobbing one of his trademark counter-punches, just in case.

Mr Tillerson thinks he's a moron? Well, he's smarter than Rex, that's for certain.

It's classic Trump - a slightly less juvenile version of the "I guarantee you there's no problem" retort Mr Trump snapped off during a Republican debate, when Senator Marco Rubio questioned the size of his, er, manhood.

Mr Trump tends to get touchy when people doubt his intellect. That's probably why the "moron" line has prompted such a furious response from the White House and State Department. During the campaign he said he doesn't have to consult generals because he has "a very good brain" and told a rally in South Carolina that he was highly educated and has "the best words".

In August, he boasted that he was a "better student" and went to better schools than all his elite critics.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-10-2017 at 12:30 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rex-tillerson/

Trump says he didn’t undercut Tillerson by suggesting they should compare IQ results

President Trump rejected suggestions Tuesday that he was undermining embattled Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson.

“No I didn’t undercut anybody,” Mr. Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “I don’t believe in undercutting people.”

In an earlier interview with Forbes, Mr. Trump responded to reports that Mr. Tillerson had called the president a “moron,” saying maybe the two men should compare IQs.

“And I can tell you who is going to win,” Mr. Trump said.
    Trump also undercut Tillerson by saying he was "wasting his time" trying to seek a negotiated solution with North Korea.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-and-tillerson

Mensa offers to host IQ test for Trump and Tillerson

Bring on the IQ test — Mensa says it’s willing to host President Trump and secretary of State Rex Tillerson in a battle of the brains.

In an interview with Forbes published Tuesday, Trump suggested he and Tillerson — who allegedly once called the commander in chief a “moron” — go head-to-head in an intelligence quotient showdown. The State Department has denied Tillerson ever made the comments.

“I think it's fake news,” Trump told the magazine of Tillerson’s “moron” remark, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

ITK reached out to the geniuses at Mensa — which describes itself as “an international society whose only qualification for membership is a score in the top two percent of the general population on a standardized intelligence test” — and asked if they’d be willing to take Trump’s suggestion.

“American Mensa would be happy to hold a testing session for President Trump and Secretary Tillerson,” said Charles Brown, the group’s communications director.

Poll: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Started by dannno, 12-30-2015

• 80-100

14 18.42%

• 101-125

23 30.26%

• 126-149

28 36.84%

• 150+

11 14.47%
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Poll: What is Donald Trump's IQ?

Started by dannno, 12-30-2015

• 80-100

14 18.42%

• 101-125

23 30.26%

• 126-149

28 36.84%

• 150+

11 14.47%
    Its surprising that you had an option for 150+ and nothing 80 and below. That is why I couldn't vote in your poll

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Its surprising that you had an option for 150+ and nothing 80 and below. That is why I couldn't vote in your poll
    Lol, you wanted to embarrass yourself even more??
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Lol, you wanted to embarrass yourself even more??
    Embarrass myself by simply voting? How can I possibly do that?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Embarrass myself by simply voting? How can I possibly do that?
    Well if you think his IQ is under 80, and it turns out that it is over 130, that would be pretty embarrassing to your credibility and your ability to judge a person's intellect.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well if you think his IQ is under 80, and it turns out that it is over 130, that would be pretty embarrassing to your credibility and your ability to judge a person's intellect.
    Its a private poll, how would u know how I voted. Regardless wouldn't u also be embarrassing your self if his IQ was below 80? or do u think it is impossible for his IQ to be below 80?

You do know a lot of functional and professional adults have IQ south of 80.

Trump would never release his IQ even if he knew it- it would allow him to be compared to others. He wants to promote the idea that he is better than everybody at everything. That is also why he is reluctant to release any financial information unless required by law to do so. A high IQ does not necessarily mean somebody is intelligent- only that they were good at that test.

The best comment I saw on FB : "Someone needs to tell Trump that you can do better than 100"
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump would never release his IQ even if he knew it- it would allow him to be compared to others. He wants to promote the idea that he is better than everybody at everything. That is also why he is reluctant to release any financial information unless required by law to do so. A high IQ does not necessarily mean somebody is intelligent- only that they were good at that test.
    ^^This^^

my money is on Rex
    here is my morning line:
    i'd put the over/under for Trump at 85; the o/u for Tillerson at 93, and the odds that the current warmonger-in-chief won't complete the test because he gets distracted by a squirrel @ 3:2
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

I don't care what someone's IQ is. Someone as juvenile as trump is incredibly dangerous with the power that he possesses.

Some serial killers have been highly intelligent people. Intelligence and IQ scores do not compare to wisdom and compassion.
    No - No - No - No

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rex-tillerson/

Trump also undercut Tillerson by saying he was "wasting his time" trying to seek a negotiated solution with North Korea.
    Doesn't undercut him at all. To the contrary, it helps Tillerson in his negotiation. Nothing but fake news from a media either too stupid to understand how deals work or too dishonest to report the truth.

The palace intrigue is not cute or funny. Zip, you are being used by the media to distract from what is really happening. I can understand you would be upset by awesome court appointments and rolling back regulations, but it's really not bringing forth useful discussion.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, was likely a knee-jerk comment.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows