Thread: Transgender woman says Montreal restaurant tried to bar her from using women's washroom

Transgender woman says Montreal restaurant tried to bar her from using women's washroom

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/m...room-1.3838313

November 5, 2016

A transgender woman is demanding an apology from a restaurant in Montreal's Saint-Henri neighbourhood whose staff, she said, humiliated her when she used their washroom.

Estelle Davis told CBC News she was chastised on Tuesday for using the women's washroom by employees of New System Bar-B-Q, located on Notre-Dame Street.

On her way to the bathroom, she said a staff member yelled at her from across the restaurant and told her that men were prohibited from entering.

"I looked back at her and said 'That's perfect cause I'm a woman, so I'm going to go use the washroom,'" said Davis.

"And she said 'No, that's for women. You're a man, you're not allowed to go in there.'"

Estelle Davis said New System Bar-B-Q staff tried to bar her from using the women's washroom. (CBC)

Davis chose to ignore the waitress and used the women's washroom. She also tried to talk to the staff after the incident, but said she was brushed off.

"I mean it's humiliating," she said. "Not only is that a complete denial of my person, but the restaurant was full of people."

Incident sparks protest

On Friday, several transgender rights activists protested outside New System Bar-B-Q and placed stickers on its windows. The activists then entered the restaurant.

"What's happening here is discrimination for a trans woman," said Betty Iglesias, one of the activists at the protest.

Davis's sister, Lenore Claire Herrem. said the experience at the restaurant represented a breaking point.

"It's degrading, it's disgustingly unfair," she said.

"It's time that the community knows that, starting with this awfully run establishment, that we're not going to be told which bathroom to use based on whether they think we should be allowed to or not."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@!in' weirdos.

"I mean it's humiliating,"
    Sorry dude, that happened the minute you walked out in public looking like that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Incident sparks protest

On Friday, several transgender rights activists protested outside New System Bar-B-Q and placed stickers on its windows. The activists then entered the restaurant.

"What's happening here is discrimination for a trans woman," said Betty Iglesias, one of the activists at the protest.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wish I were local, I would have some delicious BBQ. "Unfair to trannies" says come eat here to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Wish I were local, I would have some delicious BBQ. "Unfair to trannies" says come eat here to me...
    Better yet, if you had a big family you could bring all your kids and tell management that you feel more safe with your family there.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Not only is that a complete denial of my person
    FU You are the one in complete denial of your person

How to distinguish between a prankster and an actual transgender?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , if you are going to pretend to be a woman you need to be more convincing than that dude. WTF.

Old news- that was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , if you are going to pretend to be a woman you need to be more convincing than that dude. WTF.
    Reported! For calling it a dude!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yes, that was an insult to men everywhere.
    That is a male THING not a dude.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Thirty miles down the way from where I grew up they had a sanitarium of sorts near the Mascatatuck River where they locked the mentally ill people up ( 1919) . It was a farm colony where they learned useful skills . Thirteen farms were purchased by the state legislature for 125 K with about 1800 acres . they also had 125K marked for buildings and improvements . That way all the nutjobs could feed themselves and be released from county jails .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-10-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Thirty miles down the way from where I grew up they had a sanitarium of sorts near the Mascatatuck River where they locked the mentally ill people up ( 1919) . It was a farm colony where they learned useful skills . Thirteen farms were purchased buy the state legislature for 125 K with about 1800 acres . they also had 125K marked for buildings and improvements . That way all the nutjobs could feed themselves and be released from county jails .
    And gardening is good therapy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If you are too sick to know which bathroom is acceptable , probably a good candidate for the farm colony . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And gardening is good therapy.
    All the shrinks agreed a country setting would help the nutjobs ( Indiana Farm Colony for Feeble Minded Youths ). Manners was a required class . They had a baseball team. I actually own a couple acres on the river nearby there . Place was closed about 15 years ago and the Army has it now .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-10-2017 at 06:34 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bet Danke did not have manners class in school and probably did not get to play baseball .

Yes, that was an insult to men everywhere.
    That is a male THING not a dude.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Used to be, only folks trying to avoid the draft would dress like that.

NO!

It's actually quite alarming how convincing some of them are. Thank goodness this man is hideous when he tries to look like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    New System BBQ has Pomme Frittes too .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Used to be, only folks trying to avoid the draft would dress like that.
    If you're trying to end war and stuff, you gotta sing loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Old news- that was a year ago.

Update for you and the DU crowd:

"Estelle Davis' piece on the transgender orgasm experience is now online"
    https://www.facebook.com/editorialmag/
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members