Thread: FDA Declares Granola Ingredient Illegal

FDA Declares Granola Ingredient Illegal

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...004-story.html

A Massachusetts bakery's granola may be made with love, but federal officials say it shouldn't be listed as an ingredient on the package.

Nashoba Brook Bakery, in Concord, was taken to task by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for listing "love" as an ingredient on its Nashoba Granola label. In a letter posted this week on the FDA website, the agency said federal regulations require that ingredients "must be listed by their common or usual name."

"'Love' is not a common or usual name of an ingredient, and is considered to be intervening material because it is not part of the common or usual name of the ingredient," the FDA wrote.

The bakery's CEO, John Gates, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the bakery will be "fully cooperative" with the FDA. But he also said the company has gotten a positive reaction from people since news of the letter began to circulate.

"It taps this feeling that a lot of Americans have that there are ways in which the government can overreach, and it seems kind of silly," Gates said. "Because it's about the word love, it's cathartic. ... It makes it something that people can smile at."

Bakery co-owner and chief baker Stuart Witt said the company has been open nearly 20 years, and has been selling granola nearly that long. "Love," has been listed on the label from the beginning, he said.

"We feel very strongly that love is a big part of what we do," he said, adding that much care is put into baking the company's rustic, European-style sourdough bread.

"Because it's such a long process, there's so much room for error if you're not really caring and putting a lot of love into it," he said. "I always say, with our granola, you need to mix it, mix it thoroughly, and then when you're done, mix it again, and mix it again."

Witt said it's up to the government to say whether "love" should come off the label.

"We're not very happy about," he said. "But we're going to do it."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zippy may not love every decision that his government agencies make.....

But I'm sure that does not diminish his love of his government agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Zippy may not love every decision that his government agencies make.....

But I'm sure that does not diminish his love of his government agencies.

Yep. Plus rep x100. The big government advocate loves big government. Until he doesn't.

The government that is your friend today is your enemy tomorrow. The Frankenstein you build is the monster that you get.

Watch this 60 second video. Government enforcers attack health food store with guns drawn. Look out for that organic assault cucumber!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

FDA hates love. I think I will make a tee shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    FDA hates love. I think I will make a tee shirt.
    They probably couldn't get enough of it, to analyze, so they don't really know enough about it to say it's generally recognized as safe.

Sell them in bulk packages with an externally displayed label that is proper, labeled not for individual sale, then put your custom label on each item, and tell the FDA to GTFO.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

The FDA has nothing better to do? Really?

Zipster, all these threads do is point out the absurdity of big government and how some departments are bending over backwards to justify their jobs without doing any actual work.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

FDA Declares Granola Ingredient Illegal
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight,& pizza is a vegetable... umm... just a minute... http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45306416/n.../#.Wd-tozL2aUk

oh $#@!!!!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm...love is in all the recipes I make.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

They really ought to just tell the FDA to go to hell. However much they'd get fined we'd make up for it by buying their loving products. Does the FDA really want to make this into a front page story? Congress might even act.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hmm...love is in all the recipes I make.
    That's because you are such an outlaw.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's because you are such an outlaw.
    Yes that is what my husband's family think I am.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight,& pizza is a vegetable... umm... just a minute... http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45306416/n.../#.Wd-tozL2aUk

oh $#@!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes that is what my husband's family think I am.
    Lol what do they think he is then?
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol what do they think he is then?
    Out-there.