Thread: Tillerson, Mattis, Mnuchin forge 'suicide pact' in the event Trump wants one of them gone: Rep

Tillerson, Mattis, Mnuchin forge 'suicide pact' in the event Trump wants one of them gone: Rep

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ti...rticle/2636550

Tillerson, Mattis, Mnuchin forge 'suicide pact' in the event Trump wants one of them gone: Report

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin reportedly have forged a "suicide pact" in which all three members of President Trump's Cabinet would leave if one of them becomes a target of the president.

News of the agreement surfaced amid renewed questions about Tillerson's future in the administration.

The secretary of state has frequently clashed with Trump, and NBC News reported Wednesday that Tillerson threatened to resign in July after the president's controversial speech to the Boy Scouts.

Tillerson, who served as national president of the Boy Scouts from 2010 to 2012, was said to be upset with Trump's speech, which many criticized as too political. After the address, the secretary of state reportedly threatened not to return to Washington from his son's wedding in Texas, but Mattis and then-Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly talked him out of it. Kelly is now White House chief of staff.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Good cop bad cop" leaves countries uncertain as to what US policy really is and weakens the US internationally. Playing the "good cop" is believed one source of Tillerson's irritation with Trump. (Tillerson did not deny calling Trump a "moron" last week).

Trump’s dangerous ‘good cop, bad cop’ foreign policy

Foreign leaders and local interlocutors, a.k.a. pundits, might as well take a vacation for the next few minutes until President Trump’s next foreign policy “strategy” surfaces from deep within his amygdala.

For to presume a strategy when Trump toys with potentially lethal nations — threatening to tear apart the nuclear agreement with Iran or putting North Korea on notice that doom may befall it any moment — is to imagine that a toddler has given grave consideration to the gravitational aspects of toppling his brother’s Lego edifice.

Theories, nevertheless, abound as the world wonders, no doubt with fear and loathing, what the president of the United States is going to say or do next. It does seem at times that Trump won’t be satisfied unless and until he has managed to prompt a nuclear confrontation with some nation — or two.

One theory goes that by talking tough, Trump is alerting the world that the United States is no longer the weak sister, if I may use an old expression, it had become under President Barack Obama. The world will tremble at the thought of engaging the United States except to please her, goes such thinking.

Let me clarify: Trump is rattling his borrowed saber because that’s what he does. The bully in chief no longer has to file lawsuits to try to evict widows from their homes for monetary gain. Now he has a military — the world’s most powerful, to be precise — and can decide over chocolate cake to fire missiles at Syria.

Another extant theory concerns the contradictions within his administration. While U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley talks tough on Russia, Trump protects his benign bromance with President Vladimir Putin. This surely has nothing to do with a recent Reuters report that a Russian government think tank came up with a plan to influence the 2016 election.

One at least finds solace in Trump’s recent conclusion that NATO does, in fact, matter. But what happened to the candidate who criticized opponent Hillary Clinton for being too hawkish, and who said we can’t fight two wars at once? How about World War III?

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, meanwhile, pounds Iran with one fist, saying it’s not complying with the nuclear agreement fashioned by his predecessor, John F. Kerry. With the other, he pens a letter to House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) saying that Iran is in full compliance. Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, rather than quaking, tweeted Friday: “We’ll see if US prepared to live up to letter of #JCPOA [Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action] let alone spirit. So far, it has defied both. Should I use my highlighter again?”
    Good cop, bad cop may be useful in reducing a prisoner to confession, but the contradictory messages emanating from Washington serve mostly to confuse — and not in a good way. Trump, by conveying to allies and non-allies that he’s likely to do anything at any moment, is telegraphing not strength but instability and impulsivity. The overarching sense is that no one is in charge, or at least no one not wearing a water-squirting boutonniere.

More reports.

I don't see why three bureaucrats - what past do they share - would quit their jobs over one of them getting the axe, but its DeeCee so who knows?

Good! 3 for the price of one. Do it Trump! Air it live!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Good! 3 for the price of one. Do it Trump! Air it live!
    Replace Tillerson with Bannon, and Mnuchin with Dr. Ron Paul. Any nominations for Mattis' replacement?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Suicide pact." LOL. Some of these anonymous source stories are already bad enough, but this one is even short on dubious details.

Internet competition means sources get more and more dubious and desperate. Zip's poor credibility means more desperate to post more ridiculous stores.

And Zip has the nerve to criticize Alex Jones. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Zippy should join in with the pact.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Zippy should join in with the pact.
    At least Japanese reporters have honor, even when their sources are full of $#@!:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "Good cop bad cop" leaves countries uncertain as to what US policy really is and weakens the US internationally.
    Wrong. NK has had certainty as to US Policy for over three decades now and it has accomplished nothing. I don't think good cop/bad cop will either, but it at least offers a chance of shaking things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Replace Tillerson with Bannon, and Mnuchin with Dr. Ron Paul. Any nominations for Mattis' replacement?
    Smedley Butler.

Quotes by Smedley Butler:

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

War is just a racket... I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-06-2017 at 07:04 PM.

This is a great idea! A labor union in the cabinet!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Smedley Butler.

Quotes by Smedley Butler:

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

War is just a racket... I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else.
    I mean a living American.

Plus you should take a look at this thread:
    The Bogus Business Plot

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment