Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: California becomes 'sanctuary state'

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Sure have at it, (notwithstanding is a fancy way of just staying in spite of or to despite)
    Information regarding immigration status. Only. Nothing else. Exactly as I said.

Can you point out the part of the California statute forbidding the transmission of that particular information? I don't see it.

Negative, runs much deeper than simply this.
    Well then point it out, by all means. The statute that I quoted specifically allows release of a detainee to ICE if a warrant exists. That's in keeping with federal law.

Negative, hence the term "sanctuary state", the State of California has in effect limited the available resources and logistics of ICE greatly. The mostly likely chance point of contact of illegals within a state will be with local authorities, not ICE personnel.
    California has no control over the resources and logistics of ICE.

Are you proposing that every member of law enforcement in the country is or should be deputized as part of ICE, in effect federalizing all levels of law enforcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Information regarding immigration status. Only. Nothing else. Exactly as I said.

Can you point out the part of the California statute forbidding the transmission of that particular information? I don't see it.
    It prevents law enforcement for enforcing laws pertaining to immigration violations and from anything that respectively inquires ""into an individual’s immigration status."

It prevents law enforcement from upholding their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution; and California legislators and the governor have each violated their oaths of public office.

Well then point it out, by all means. The statute that I quoted specifically allows release of a detainee to ICE if a warrant exists. That's in keeping with federal law.
    Read that bill yourself, it covers and requires inactivity and prevents funding of everything ICE related. An officer cannot inquire into somebody that is here illegally, thus a catch-22 is created as a result--or a loophole as referred to by Democrats--and the chances of an illegal having a warrant or quite literally zero, especially considering that they can just make up a new name and DOB for each contact with law enforcement and nobody will know the better of it.

California has no control over the resources and logistics of ICE.
    God, are you truly this damned dumb? Really? Go reread this and think about it, you freaking moron, idiot. Jackass. (Have I driven the point home yet?)

Are you proposing that every member of law enforcement in the country is or should be deputized as part of ICE, in effect federalizing all levels of law enforcement?
    Again, refer to my above response.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

It prevents law enforcement for enforcing laws pertaining to immigration violations and from anything that respectively inquires ""into an individual’s immigration status."
    Which has nothing to do with the federal law that you keep quoting. Like I said.

It prevents law enforcement from upholding their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution; and California legislators and the governor have each violated their oaths of public office.
    Sounds either very serious or like a broad nonsensical claim which someone might fall back upon after realizing that there's actually no federal law that's being violated.

Read that bill yourself, it covers and requires inactivity and prevents funding of everything ICE related.
    California is not responsible for funding ICE. Its bills do not affect ICE funding.

An officer cannot inquire into somebody that is here illegally, thus a catch-22 is created as a result--or a loophole as referred to by Democrats--and the chances of an illegal having a warrant or quite literally zero, especially considering that they can just make up a new name and DOB for each contact with law enforcement and nobody will know the better of it.
    How would someone "inquire into someone who is here illegally?". If the officer already knows that the person is here illegally, then no inquiring is needed.

God, are you truly this damned dumb? Really? Go reread this and think about it, you freaking moron, idiot. Jackass. (Have I driven the point home yet?)

Again, refer to my above response.
    If you're unable to explain yourself, then maybe I'm not the stupid one.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Count, seriously, go try gaslighting elsewhere. You are an utter failure here.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Count, seriously, go try gaslighting elsewhere. You are an utter failure here.
    Thank you.
    Pinochet is the model

Personally, I don't want ICE or any Fed/alphabet org to have any say on what a state can do.

THAT is totally unconstitutional.
    There is no spoon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123