Thread: Ron Paul: The Revolution At Ten Years

Ron Paul: The Revolution At Ten Years

Ron Paul: The Revolution At Ten Years

Join Daniel McAdams and Ron Paul for a discussion on Dr. Paul's new book about the tenth anniversary of the "Ron Paul Revolution." What was he thinking at the time? Where is the movement today? Where is it going? You will be surprised at the conversation and by the book! The book is available on Amazon, but through the month of October we are offering a signed, personalized copy of the book as a premium for your $100 donation to the Ron Paul Institute.

Make your donation here: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/support/

And then send us the name you would like Dr. Paul to address the book to here: Book@RonPaulInstitute.org
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't believe I missed the rEVOLution. It's so disheartening.

On another note, does anyone have any advice on how to attach yard signs to a bicycle? I'm hoping to pull off a Mike Maresco for the NJ Governor Libertarian candidate. I have a stroller-ish thing that I salvaged from the trash that I think is supposed to attach to a bike, but there's no connector piece.
    If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
    Ron Paul

Great Memories

Great Memories 10 Years Ago

The Money Bomb! and the Original Tea Party:
    Last edited by AZJoe; 10-06-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I liked this the best of aravoth's videos:

Ron was way too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Great video. My favorite too.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Ron Paul Revolution Music

How about some Ron Paul Revolution Music from 10 years ago:

My favorite, Aimee Allen's Revolution Song

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

A guy like Ron Paul only comes around about once a lifetime...

Thank you Dr. Paul!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I seriously look back on those times as some of most fun I ever had. Being politically active, spreading those ideas as far as I could. And finding all of you, who all turned out to be just as bat-$#@! crazy as I am. What a ride.

We should do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I like his one that went with the "American Pie" song.

On a different topic: I couldn't find that Aimee Allen Ron Paul video. That was another of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I like his one that went with the "American Pie" song.

On a different topic: I couldn't find that Aimee Allen Ron Paul video. That was another of my favorites.
    Of course I've downloaded it. I suppose I could upload it somewhere other than youtube...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    A guy like Ron Paul only comes around about once a lifetime...

Thank you Dr. Paul!!
    So true.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    I seriously look back on those times as some of most fun I ever had. Being politically active, spreading those ideas as far as I could. And finding all of you, who all turned out to be just as bat-$#@! crazy as I am. What a ride.

We should do that again.
    Agreed, nothing gets the blood pumping like sign waving over a freeway.

It's exhilarating
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Agreed, nothing gets the blood pumping like sign waving over a freeway.

It's exhilarating
    Oh yeah, there was so much, I remember one of the groups in my locality had a booth at the gun show, was awesome. There was a canned food drive, the blimp(lol), the first money bomb. Collectively we didn't make the best decisions all the time, but then, we never really were a collective. Regardless, there was so much energy back then.
    Last edited by aravoth; 10-25-2017 at 08:19 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He finally put his face on the cover of one of his books, I believe that is a first for Ron Paul. I remember years ago we were kicking around how all Presidential aspirants' books (even Rand's) featured the mugs of each candidate on the cover, but Dr Paul was probably too modest for that. I wonder what changed here, but still look forward to getting my hands on a copy.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

I know this is in the OP but just giving it a bump.

Early in his new book, The Revolution at Ten Years, Ron Paul writes this synopsis of our current situation:

Though the 'Revolution' of 2007 is essentially forgotten in a political sense, the ideology that inspired it is very much alive, and the anger and loss of confidence in our current system continues to grow.

That captures our current situation perfectly. As we all know, a political campaign can capture the imagination and garner huge, banner-waving crowds. But even a winning political campaign is a temporary phenomenon. As we know, a successful political campaign can be very quickly followed by disappointment and regret.

The ideas of a peaceful foreign policy, protection of civil liberties, sound money, and non-intervention are proven to resonate, however. They may be adopted tactically by politicians seeking advantage only to be abandoned after electoral success, but that just means they are proven winners and must be advanced at every opportunity. That is what we are doing. And continue to do.

Ron Paul has taken a good look at the past ten years -- the excitement of the first campaign, the seeds planted that continue to bear fruit across all sectors of society, the new challenges we face, the hope for the future -- and he put it all into a brand new book, the above-mentioned, The Revolution at Ten Years.

For a very limited time, the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity is offering a personalized copy of Ron Paul's new book -- signed by Ron Paul to you -- as a "thank you" for your contribution of $100 or more to his Institute.

Your contribution not only helps us continue our perfect record of sold-out major conferences, it helps us continue to educate the American public (and the world) that a peaceful foreign policy brings great prosperity and happiness. Your support also helps us continue our number one outreach tool: the Ron Paul Liberty Report, which has been viewed by nearly ten million people!

Getting your personalized copy of Ron Paul's exciting new book is easy!

1) Make your donation of $100 or more here.

2) Send us an email at Book@RonPaulInstitute.org with the name you would like Dr. Paul to sign the book to.

3) Wait for the Post Office to bring you your personalized copy of Ron Paul's book!!!

This offer is good only through the month of October, so act TODAY!
    ***Please note: If you make your donation you do NOT have to purchase the book separately. We will mail you a signed copy***
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...onalized-copy/

Copyright © 2017 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    Please donate to the Ron Paul Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Ron Paul on Tom Woods Show

Ron Paul joins me for a look at the ten years since the birth of the Ron Paul Revolution, plus a lot more. Topics include the Deep State, the CIA's records on the JFK assassination, the question Edward Snowden asked him, and the present state of the liberty movement.

I Remember !!! YeeeHawwww
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"