Thread: Donald Trump caves on gun control. Supports "bump fire ban"

Donald Trump caves on gun control. Supports "bump fire ban"

https://www.mail.com/news/politics/5...-stage-hero1-1

I told ya so. Actually Donald Trump told ya so but most of y'all didn't listen. In his book "The America We Deserve" he wrote:

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

Now, let's see. I bet some Trumskiites will say "But a bump fire ban isn't the same as an assault weapons ban." And I would say.....you're right. But what do you think will happen when the next mass shooter uses the "rubber band bump fire" trick?

See: http://www.mynameisfoxtrot.com/journ...022-stock.html

And: https://healthfully.com/bump-fire-ru...-10069508.html

It's not that complicated. Hell, I think I could do it and I know nothing about guns. So banning professionally made "bump fire" stocks won't prevent someone from converting any semi auto to essentially fully auto. Oh but they can ban high capacity magazines right? Wrong. You can 3D print those at home.

So what's next for gun control after this cave goes through? (And it will). Well...banning guns which can accept high capacity magazines.

Oh yeah. And expect approval of SWAT teams using weaponized drones in the near future. I heard an "expert" on CNN say "It would have been nice if the police had drones that they could have used to spot the shooter." But what's better than a drone that can spot a shooter? Why a drone that can kill the shooter of course. Now a hellfire missile would have too much collateral damage of course. So.....a drone mounted sniper rifle or grenade launcher for urban use is in the cards.

Yes. It's good to know that this tragedy will not be allowed to go to waste.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he does. The POTUS, Senate and House have been unable to pass anything that increases individual freedom, but I bet this sails through.

I think this is actually smart. Bump Fire Stocks are stupid. Passing this would get us past this.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I think this is actually smart. Bump Fire Stocks are stupid. Passing this would get us past this.
    No, it will set a precedent. Do you think Moms Demand will send Trump and the NRA thank you letters after they get this? This will be the first major piece of federal gun control legislation in decades. Now after every future tragedy they will give an inch until they've gone the full mile. If we don't stop this we won't be able to stop the next steps after it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No, it will set a precedent. Do you think Moms Demand will send Trump and the NRA thank you letters after they get this? This will be the first major piece of federal gun control legislation in decades. Now after every future tragedy they will give an inch until they've gone the full mile. If we don't stop this we won't be able to stop the next steps after it.
    Your absolutely right about this. However, I believe the two of us will be on the losing end. This bumper ban is going to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Your absolutely right about this. However, I believe the two of us will be on the losing end. This bumper ban is going to pass.
    Not if we call our congressmen and make them stall it long enough to put their fingers in the air and do some polling. In 2 weeks this will be old news and the political pressure will be lowered like every other tragedy before. Hell no we can't give up yet. Lets get 1000 constituents per congress critter to call.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Someone needs to ask Cody Wilson to design a 3D printed bump fire stock.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

What would be your position on 100 round drums? Or green tips? Or tannerite? Or semi-automatics in general as you can bump fire most semi automatic rifles?

How long would you want to cage someone for bump firing a rifle?

In that same spirit, when you are caged for violating any of the other of dozens of firearms regulations/laws on the book now or soon to come, why should anyone give a $#@!?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about. I'll explain in another thread.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I don't care how stupid slide fire stocks or any other gadget are. Anyone voting for gun control has signed his own death warrant.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Oh boy, a conversation..

Well we can either freak out, run around like chickens with our heads cut off and run off a cliff over the initial media reports, or we can breath, relax and see what actually happens.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes they are stupid. And no,, banning them will not get us past it.

And you are focused in the wrong direction.

and for a simple point of reference.

M16 M4 Complete Full Auto Lower Parts Kit AR15
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/709284806

only one quick listing,, but commonly available.. to anyone..

Install that in an 80% lower,, and pick up a Mag light too.

Bump stocks are truly stupid. And Full Auto is wasteful, most of the time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom