Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Caves On "Bump Fire Stocks," Says They Should Be "Subject To Additional Regulations"

First bump stocks.

Next, rubber bands will require a tax stamp.

Then, your fingers and belt loops will be felonious.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I am fine if they get rid of 'bump stocks'.
    Let's not speak about this in the abstract. What does getting rid of bump stocks actually specifically entail?

I think that when we look at your proposal at that level, it will be more difficult to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Let's not speak about this in the abstract. What does getting rid of bump stocks actually specifically entail?

I think that when we look at your proposal at that level, it will be more difficult to be fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Are the bump stocks manufactured to date stamped with serial numbers?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Are three round burst M16s allowed under current law without a special license? I don't know so I'm asking.
    No. Only law enforcement gets the burst fire option, which I disagree with. I think civilians SHOULD have the option to fire 3 round burst.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Why do you hate the 2nd Amendment?
    Really? I hope you're being sarcastic. Because I promise you I own more firearms than just about anybody that posts here.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Really? I hope you're being sarcastic. Because I promise you I own more firearms than just about anybody that posts here.
    All Kinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    All Kinds?
    I own many Semi Auto rifles, Bolt Action Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns, and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.

- Diogenes of Sinope

The amount of guns you own has nothing to do with your (lack of) support for the 2nd Amendment.

You want to ban firearms accessories, therefore you don't support the 2nd Amendment. It's really just that simple.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If the army, police and SWAT are also banned from using "bump fire stocks", then I don't really care if it's banned.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If the army, police and SWAT are also banned from using "bump fire stocks", then I don't really care if it's banned.
    But they have no use for them. They can just use fully automatic weapons anyway. It would be too easy for the regime to take you up on that offer at no cost to themselves.

But they have no use for them. They can just use fully automatic weapons anyway. It would be too easy for the regime to take you up on that offer at no cost to themselves.
    Well, then I should be able to have an automatic weapon too and subject to the same registration and background checks as a member of the military.

If they are going to do this, they better get something in return like ending funding for Planned Parenthood. That would be quite the sight to see.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The amount of guns you own has nothing to do with your (lack of) support for the 2nd Amendment.

You want to ban firearms accessories, therefore you don't support the 2nd Amendment. It's really just that simple.
    Yeah Ok bro. I don't support the 2nd Amendment.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Incorrect. Police and Swat do NOT have fully automatic weapons. Period.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Well, then I should be able to have an automatic weapon too and subject to the same registration and background checks as a member of the military.

If they are going to do this, they better get something in return like ending funding for Planned Parenthood. That would be quite the sight to see.
    No, not good enough. Don't do it AND end funding for planned parenthood. Who has the reins right now anyway? The democrats?
    "The Patriarch"

And again, they probably have little to no use for those either. But they could own them if they wanted.

Wiki disagrees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT

Weapons

An officer firing during a SWAT training exercise.
    While a wide variety of weapons are used by SWAT teams, the most common weapons include submachine guns, carbines, assault rifles, shotguns, and sniper rifles.[22]

Tactical aids include flash bangs, stingers, and tear gas grenades.[29] Canine units may also be incorporated within SWAT teams, or may be used on an ad hoc basis.[30]

The 9mm Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun used to be the mainstay of most SWAT teams,[31] but this has been phased out by many departments in favor of 5.56 carbines,[32] such as the Colt CAR-15[31] and the more modern M4.[33] Common shotguns used by SWAT units include the semi-automatic Benelli M1 and, to a lesser extent, the pump-action Remington 870.[31]

Semi-automatic pistols are the most popular sidearms. Examples may include, but are not limited to: M1911 pistol series,[31][34] SIG Sauer series[35][36] (especially the P226[34][36][37] and P229), Beretta 92 series,[36] Glock pistols,[35][38][34][39][40][41] H&K USP series,[36][42] and 5.7x28mm FN Five-seveN pistol.[43]

The Colt M16A2 may be used by SWAT marksmen when a longer ranged weapon is needed.[31] Common sniper rifles used are M14 rifle and the Remington 700P.[31][35][37][40][41][42] Many different variants of bolt action rifles are used by SWAT, including limited use of .50 caliber sniper rifles for more intense situations.[44]

To breach doors quickly, battering rams, shotguns with breaching rounds, or explosive charges can be used to break the lock or hinges, or even demolish the door frame itself. SWAT teams also use many non-lethal munitions and weapons. These include Tasers, pepper spray canisters, shotguns loaded with bean bag rounds, Pepperball guns, stinger grenades, flash bang grenades, and tear gas. Ballistic shields are used in close quarters situations to provide cover for SWAT team members and reflect gunfire. Pepperball guns are essentially paint ball markers loaded with balls containing Oleoresin Capsicum ("pepper spray").

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    First bump stocks.

Good point. We should probably just make semi-automatic weapons illegal in general, as well as any tools that can be used to make semi-automatic weapons (such as CNC machines and other machining tools). Or at least require a license to possess such tools.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 10-06-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wiki disagrees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT

Weapons

An officer firing during a SWAT training exercise.
    While a wide variety of weapons are used by SWAT teams, the most common weapons include submachine guns, carbines, assault rifles, shotguns, and sniper rifles.[22]

Tactical aids include flash bangs, stingers, and tear gas grenades.[29] Canine units may also be incorporated within SWAT teams, or may be used on an ad hoc basis.[30]

The 9mm Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun used to be the mainstay of most SWAT teams,[31] but this has been phased out by many departments in favor of 5.56 carbines,[32] such as the Colt CAR-15[31] and the more modern M4.[33] Common shotguns used by SWAT units include the semi-automatic Benelli M1 and, to a lesser extent, the pump-action Remington 870.[31]

Semi-automatic pistols are the most popular sidearms. Examples may include, but are not limited to: M1911 pistol series,[31][34] SIG Sauer series[35][36] (especially the P226[34][36][37] and P229), Beretta 92 series,[36] Glock pistols,[35][38][34][39][40][41] H&K USP series,[36][42] and 5.7x28mm FN Five-seveN pistol.[43]

The Colt M16A2 may be used by SWAT marksmen when a longer ranged weapon is needed.[31] Common sniper rifles used are M14 rifle and the Remington 700P.[31][35][37][40][41][42] Many different variants of bolt action rifles are used by SWAT, including limited use of .50 caliber sniper rifles for more intense situations.[44]

To breach doors quickly, battering rams, shotguns with breaching rounds, or explosive charges can be used to break the lock or hinges, or even demolish the door frame itself. SWAT teams also use many non-lethal munitions and weapons. These include Tasers, pepper spray canisters, shotguns loaded with bean bag rounds, Pepperball guns, stinger grenades, flash bang grenades, and tear gas. Ballistic shields are used in close quarters situations to provide cover for SWAT team members and reflect gunfire. Pepperball guns are essentially paint ball markers loaded with balls containing Oleoresin Capsicum ("pepper spray").
    Where in that paragraph does it say anything about fully automatic weapons. I see lists of all kinds of weapons, but no mention of fully automatic, only semi. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know it says sub-machine gun, but swat teams only have semi/burst variants.
    Last edited by jllundqu; 10-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Where in that paragraph does it say anything about fully automatic weapons. I see lists of all kinds of weapons, but no mention of fully automatic, only semi. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know it says sub-machine gun, but swat teams only have semi/burst variants.
    The military has full auto, so we should have full auto. END OF STORY
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The M14 is select fire with full auto an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Lightbulb

Why slide fire stocks? Because a semi-auto rifle can mimic heavily-regulated automatics? So the bottom line for slide fire pro-banners is, automatics should be completely banned. Or else, why ban slide fire, a < $20 bootstrap corner-cut, and leave automatics available? The crux of the issue here isn't "bump fire" but whether citizens should have automatics.

If the '89 Convention had intended a principle of government-controlled weaponry, they would have 1) said so and 2) banned long rifles. They probably would have banned the stirrup as well, which converts a commoner and his beast into cavalry. They'd likely have controlled gun powder allowances as well.

They did none of that, and so there's no point in asking whether the founders would have supported weapons bans on full auto, because the advanced weaponry (e.g. Kentucky long rifle) they could access was evidently no problem. Brown Bess and the long rifle had nasty reputations as the weapons of outlaws, so surely they would have banned or controlled them... Ackshually, the colonies and states, beginning way back with Plymouth, did ban the sale of guns to Injuns. That worked out well; red man never did figure out guns.

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    First bump stocks.

Like I's sayin, ban oak. Ban any wood. Ban particle board wood.

Also, ban oil filters, because they can be converted into silencers.

Weapons bans are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    If the '89 Convention had intended a principle of government-controlled weaponry, they would have 1) said so and 2) banned long rifles.
    To say nothing of cannons and even warships, which could be privately owned at the time.

Don't Cave in to the Anti-Gun Ghouls! Petition to President Trump, my U.S. Representative and Senators:

https://nagr.org/2017/862_AntiGunGho...px?r=25&pid=3b

Republicans Caving and Supporting Gun Control

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...gxAILiS0I&lp=0

NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre took a half-step back from the initial statement on "Hannity" last night: "We ought to take a look at that and see if it is in compliance with federal law and if it's worthy of additional regulation. That being said, we didn't say ban, we didn’t say confiscate.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/note-...ry?id=50302815
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Too late Pierre, the damage is done. You leveraged a mass murder to save face and MSM ran it through the daily news cycle.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Too late Pierre, the damage is done. You leveraged a mass murder to save face and MSM ran it through the daily news cycle.
    He needs to step down. The knee jerk joint statement was inexcusable.

Too bad the media looks to the NRA for gun rights when GOA is a far better defender.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I broke all ties with the NRA over 20 years ago when they started caving on firearm rights. They have tried to fool people for many years that they are "for the people" but they are a bunch of phonies. Gun Owners of America or Jews for Firearms (JPFO) are the ones everyone should be sending money to, not the phony NRA...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Yes they do. Period.

It's on camera you know? As they gun people down in barrages of automatic fire.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast