Thread: Nothing can stop this bull market!

Default Nothing can stop this bull market!

Not 3 hurricanes, a mass shooting, potential nuclear armageddon, 21 trillion in debt, gridlock in Washington, a long overdue recession .... nothing!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Not 3 hurricanes, a mass shooting, potential nuclear armageddon, 21 trillion in debt, gridlock in Washington, a long overdue recession .... nothing!!!
    all bubbles will pop...

Uncensored Health Freedom News:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/

Yes, I believe the science of vaccines is settled - Zippyjuan Team

Nope. It's not a bull market, really. It's the death of the petrodollar. Think of every day you see the markets go up as an ongoing signal of dollar devaluation. Stocks have always been little more than a dollar hedge and PR tool.

The Saudis just started buying RUSSIAN weapons, setting up investment contracts with Russia banks and partnership deals between Aramco and Gazprom. The petrodollar is, for all intents and purposes, kaput. Like Zippy's sig says....the future is here but it's not evenly distributed yet.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-06-2017 at 02:39 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals

Anybody remember how bad the last slide was ? I think Oct 09 , 2007 to March 06 , 2009 or about 17 months the Dow dropped 54 percent . 14, 164 to 6,469 . That would take todays 22776 to 10,477 and probably push gold past 4k . Americas savings would be wiped out . No business investment .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Anybody remember how bad the last slide was ? I think Oct 09 , 2007 to March 06 , 2009 or about 17 months the Dow dropped 54 percent . 14, 164 to 6,469 . That would take todays 22776 to 10,477 and probably push gold past 4k . Americas savings would be wiped out . No business investment .
    It's amazing how long this market has gone without a big correction. I think it was like 6 months ago when we almost broke a record for consecutive days without a > 1% drop. Then it dropped by barely over 1% and since then we've only had maybe one other day that it dropped >1%.

A 5-10% drop is going to be like the end of the world to mainstream investors.

It's amazing how long this market has gone without a big correction. I think it was like 6 months ago when we almost broke a record for consecutive days without a > 1% drop. Then it dropped by barely over 1% and since then we've only had maybe one other day that it dropped >1%.

That's why it won't happen. For a while.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

It proves the financial enterprises are manipulated to control the stock price. They want people and ignorant investors to take over the over valued stock, then there will be a big fall. Donald Trump is put to president seat to take this responsibility. That's why he acts like a moron.

It will take a fake revenue sham from Amazon or Alibaba to burst this. They say half of Americans have Amazon Prime, so why when I ask around not so many people have it?

It has never marked the "end of the world" for mainstream investors in the past- why would it do so the next time?
    "The only thing we have to fear is.... fear itself!" Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
    "Be afwaid. Be berry afwaid" Donald Trump.

The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You expecting another Great Recession?

The optimists built this country and made it great- not the fearful. Fear can only destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

You could make an argument that there are a lot of similarities between 1937-38 and right now. You had a large triple digit stock market recovery. There is a lot of complacently. Everyone seems to think things are back to normal. The Fed has started tightening and talk is getting interest rates back to "normal".

If Trump appoints the wrong person to the Fed, the risk from tightening too aggressively is asymmetric to the downside. At some point the market is going to drop but how much and how much it bleeds over to employment will be determined by the Fed. The unemployment rate went to 19% in 1938. It won't go that high now but it could definitely double if the Fed does something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You could make an argument that there are a lot of similarities between 1937-38 and right now. You had a large triple digit stock market recovery. There is a lot of complacently. Everyone seems to think things are back to normal. The Fed has started tightening and talk is getting interest rates back to "normal".

If Trump appoints the wrong person to the Fed, the risk from tightening too aggressively is asymmetric to the downside. At some point the market is going to drop but how much and how much it bleeds over to employment will be determined by the Fed. The unemployment rate went to 19% in 1938. It won't go that high now but it could definitely double if the Fed does something stupid.
    In what ways are we like 1937- 38? Unemployment went from 14.3% to 19%. Unemployment stayed high until 1941 when we entered WWII. Taxes and interest rates were raised. We are not seeing any of that. (it was a recession).

What went on in the years before that?

http://www.economist.com/node/13856176

But the truth is the recovery in the four years after Franklin Roosevelt took office in 1933 was incredibly rapid. Annual real GDP growth averaged over 9%. Unemployment fell from 25% to 14%. The second world war aside, the United States has never experienced such sustained, rapid growth.
    http://www.economist.com/node/13856176

GDP growth of 9%. Huge booming economy. We have something like 2% growth. Slow but steady.

The fundamental cause of this second recession was an unfortunate, and largely inadvertent, switch to contractionary fiscal and monetary policy. One source of the growth in 1936 was that Congress had overridden Mr Roosevelt's veto and passed a large bonus for veterans of the first world war. In 1937, this fiscal stimulus disappeared. In addition, social-security taxes were collected for the first time. These factors reduced the deficit by roughly 2.5% of GDP, exerting significant contractionary pressure.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-13-2017 at 02:30 PM.

In what ways are we like 1937- 38? Unemployment went from 14.3% to 19%. Unemployment stayed high until 1941 when we entered WWII. Taxes and interest rates were raised. We are not seeing any of that.

Well... I would say in almost every way they are alike. The stock market crashed in 1929. The market made a couple hundred percent move off the lows. Interest rates went to zero and stayed very low along with quantitative easing. The Fed started tightening and you had a depression in 1937 8 years after the initial crash.

The market crashed in 2008. The market made a couple hundred percent move off the lows. Interest rates went to zero and stayed very low along with quantitative easing. The Fed has (gradually) started tightening. And we will see what happens 9 years later.

It seems like they are pretty close analogs. You also have similarities in the wealth gap. Things haven't gotten better for a significant part of the country. People are embracing populism in elections like in the 1930's. Not to mention taxes did go up. Obama raised taxes in 2013. The top rate went up. Payroll taxes went up. And you had the Obamacare taxes. You had a dramatic increase in regulations under Obama. Regulations are tax. That is beside the point though. You probably won't see a tax hike with Trump.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-13-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Well... I would say in almost every way they are alike. The stock market crashed in 1929. The market made a couple hundred percent move off the lows. Interest rates went to zero and stayed very low along with quantitative easing. The Fed started tightening and you had a depression in 1937 8 years after the initial crash.

The market crashed in 2008. The market made a couple hundred percent move off the lows. Interest rates went to zero and stayed very low along with quantitative easing. The Fed has (gradually) started tightening. And we will see what happens 9 years later.

It seems like they are pretty close analogs. Not to mention taxes did go up. Obama raised taxes in 2013. The top rate went up. Payroll taxes went up. And you had the Obamacare taxes. That is beside the point though. You probably won't see a tax hike with Trump.
    The Fed sharply tightened in the 1930's. They have not been sharply tightening money today. From its low, stocks increased 400% in just five years. In eight years since the bottom in 2009, stocks are up about 2.5 times. Unemployment back then was double digits.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-13-2017 at 02:46 PM.

The Fed sharply tightened in the 1930's. They have not been sharply tightening money today. From its low, stocks increased 400% in just five years. In eight years since the bottom in 2009, stocks are up about 2.5 times.
    I'll just repost what I said. And the second part of what you said would seem to confirm that the two time periods are very similar. I can't tell if you are purposely trolling.

Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-13-2017 at 02:48 PM.

There will eventually be a correction. Will it be 1937 all over again? Not likely.

I really have no idea and it would have little effect on me personally but at some point the inflated markets will slide and we learned last time they can slide quickly all of which would be very negative for most americans . Most of whom have nothing and those that do are in the markets in 401k's .