Thread: Mass Murder

Mass Murder

http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com...ss-murder.html

Mass Murder

Earlier this week we were treated to the worst mass shooting in American history with nearly sixty people murdered and hundreds wounded. The bodies weren't counted before certain interests were already screaming for more "gun control", as if that were not readily predictable.

Naturally, those same interests are quick to point out that this is a "mostly" American phenomenon, the implication being that the reason for it is that there are so many guns in America. A more deeply tacit implication is that mass murder doesn't really happen in other nations, which is a bald-faced lie. But it is not my purpose here to go into the facts about what happens around the world in that regard, but rather to point out a very simple observation in the form of a question: why is it that broader questions regarding possible causes for such horrific events are never raised?

Certainly, we never hear the questions raised in major network media. Why? Because they raise the possibility, I daresay the risk, of leading to answers not in good keeping with an agenda of vested political interest that would see the American people disarmed.

What sort of question could this possibly be, that it would be so religiously shunned by those whose ostensive raison d'être is to raise such questions, if only editorially? After all, such questions are asked by media to the point of people no longer not wanting to hear them when the answers bolster the aforementioned political interests. This most simple question could be couched in many ways, this being but one of them:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason we are seeing more massacres of apparently ever greater magnitude is because of the general environment of repression in which people are being forced to live at the whim of tyrants whose actions have been to circumscribe the rights of men with ever more severity?
    It is not my purpose here to go into a long-winded analytic exposition, but just to raise what I believe to be a most salient question of our time. While perhaps no causal relationship has been revealed - certainly not in any analysis of my own to date - there appears to be a very strong correlation between political repression and the growing frequency and severity of individuals and even organizations lashing out against either those perceived as their tormentors, or even just anyone perhaps out of a level of sheer frustration and anger that they are no longer willing to contain themselves.

Do we really need a twenty-year, "government" funded scientific study to the tune of billions of dollars to conclude that perhaps the "rats in a cage" phenomenon applies to human beings as well? Does it require rocket surgery to figure out that when the "state" imposes conditions of repression upon the very people whose liberties it is supposed to protect, some of the individuals are going to one day decide they have had quite enough and lash out?

A shooting occurs and what do we hear from media, "pundits", and so-called "experts"? "He was mentally ill... blah blah blah..." and "There are too many guns on the streets; they should be for police and military only... yadda blah blagger..." That's about it. In a world heading toward eight billion individual souls, those in media and other corners boil down the most extreme of the expressions of human dissatisfaction to these two hopelessly simplistic lies... and just about nobody seems to notice.

How is it that so many people accept (or reject) these two idiocies as constituting the entire universe of the broader question as to why some people end up "going postal"? Even the brighter contingent who reject the media inaccuracies and outright lies about mental illness and too many guns fail to ask the deeper question as to why these things happen. They fail to ask whether perhaps the general conditions under which we are forced to live on pain of the sword's edge might have something to do with the fact that people are "going crazy" with seemingly increasing frequency and severity. This represents a failure of monumental proportion and so long as it stands, the people of America, not to mention the rest of the planet, will continue down the death spiral as they flee life in a mad race toward mere existence.

It must therefore at least be asked of every man to stop an honest and sincere moment and ask himself whether the ever greater constrictions placed upon the rightful prerogatives of inherently free beings might possibly have some causal place in a scheme of things that leads more and more people into acts of desperation. Do not depend on network media to do this lifting for you because what I believe to be the clear answers do not lend themselves to the agenda of universal civilian disarmament and even deeper restrictions upon individual freedom. The collectivist demands the individual be stamped out in favor of the hive. He will allow nothing that might lead to rearward motion in terms of thought. This is what "progressivism" actually means: the progression from freedom to full-suit slavery, which in turn requires ever deeper suppression of individuality, resulting in ever deeper anger and frustration as basic human nature is violated ever more cruelly.

Learn the math. Put two and two together in connection of the dots. Don't take my word for this, or anything else: learn to do it on your own. I promise you that you are capable of good analysis. All it requires is the will to the goal, and that first step of asking the question nobody seems to want to put out there.

Truth will come if you seek it, but you must do so honestly and with courage because the potential always exists that your world view may end up on the ground in shards. But have no fear, save for the possibility of continued ignorance.

Until next time, please accept my best wishes.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the late 80's, the CDC found a correlation between teen suicide and media coverage. The media, collectively, decided to change how they covered teen suicides with the hopes of reducing the incidents. The net result was a huge reduction in teen suicides - the media, and its coverage of these suicides, was actually the main contributor.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00031539.htm

Now, what has happened since then. Why doesnt the media make the correlation? Or is it simply that they dont care?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

With the dawn of the internet and smart phone, the media was taken out of the picture. The event was recorded in real time by people who were there. There were 22,000 people at the festival and that's a whole lot of witnesses with cell phones. The media has spent most of the time trying to catch up.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Has anyone considered the possibility that the reason we are seeing more massacres of apparently ever greater magnitude is because of the general environment of repression in which people are being forced to live at the whim of tyrants whose actions have been to circumscribe the rights of men with ever more severity?
    Naturally. But that possibility isn't necessarily avoided by the puppet media because it causes people to consider that less tyranny might cause less murder by causing people less stress.

There's a cause-and-effect thing going on here, which the author is clearly trying to obfuscate with this 'tacit admission'. Mass murders are just the thing to get the public clamoring for more tyranny. And if the public won't oblige by killing each other, these events clearly can be staged--especially if the body that stages them owns the means of both investigation and propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    With the dawn of the internet and smart phone, the media was taken out of the picture. The event was recorded in real time by people who were there. There were 22,000 people at the festival and that's a whole lot of witnesses with cell phones. The media has spent most of the time trying to catch up.
    Clearly not. The witnesses are saying there were multiple gunmen inside the event--and there is audio and video evidence to support that. But a cell phone camera is not of the same quality as Hollywood equipment, the media narrative is still pumped out by a gazillion watts 24/7, and some people who get exposed to facts which contradict The Narrative still wind up turning a blind eye to the ugly truth which may be behind it.

Factor in tens of thousands of internet trolls obfuscating, distracting and ridiculing on the clock eight hours a day and the truth still winds up the mole in the Media Whack-A-Mole game.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-05-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

When assigned to an individual it's called mass murder. When a government or group does it....
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's not just the tyranny, the massive economic theft also drives people into various kinds of madness.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    When assigned to an individual it's called mass murder. When a government or group does it....
    ... collateral damage of course.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

a very strong correlation between political repression and the growing frequency and severity of individuals and even organizations lashing out against either those perceived as their tormentors, or even just anyone perhaps out of a level of sheer frustration and anger that they are no longer willing to contain themselves.
    Perhaps that explains the mass murders in these countries (one needs to be careful when counting countries experiencing war like Syria). Freedom Watch list of Most Repressive Countries:

Worst of the Worst: Ten countries were given the lowest possible rating of 7 for both political rights and civil liberties.

Central African Republic
    Somalia
    Equatorial Guinea
    Sudan
    Eritrea
    Syria
    North Korea
    Turkmenistan
    Saudi Arabia
    Uzbekistan
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...dom-world-2014

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Perhaps that explains the mass murders in these countries (one needs to be careful when counting countries experiencing war like Syria). Freedom Watch list of Most Repressive Countries:

GO TYRANNY! Please take my guns and keep me safe!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Our society isn't getting more violent in general, to the contrary.

Yet even as the overall violent crime rate drops, we get more of these high profile events.

That's the puzzling part, I think.

I would have guessed NK , Somalia and Saud at the top .

I once compared four organizations that publish global freedom rankings. This includes Freedom House. It's my opinion that Freedom House has several flawed criteria.

They focus a lot of corruption in elections. That does not fit a traditional definition of freedom. They also focus a lot on "women's rights," "gay rights," etc. This is certainly not freedom because groups do not have rights. Furthermore, they like to discuss "claim freedoms," such as "right to healthcare," "right to education," etc.

Their list sometimes reads more like a ranking for nation development. Free are western Europe, Canada, and US. Partly free are Mexico and Philippines. Not free are China, Russia, and a lot of Africa. They rate Singapore as partly free.

Freedom House is an advocacy organization for democracy. That can be good and bad. In all fairness, I found the other three organizations measuring freedom also had flawed criteria (e.g., one consistently ranks Singapore as 2nd freest). Freedom in the 50 States has good criteria that I think should be applied globally. See their report here: https://www.freedominthe50states.org/

Another member made a thread about this. See here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...57#post6533957
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

It's not just the tyranny, the massive economic theft also drives people into various kinds of madness.

When those conditions are not only perpetrated by "government", but protected by them for the sake of elite interests, is that not also tyranny?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    When those conditions are not only perpetrated by "government", but protected by them for the sake of elite interests, is that not also tyranny?
    In a way, but I classify taking my stuff/opportunities as different from telling me what I can and can't do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Our society isn't getting more violent in general, to the contrary.

Yet even as the overall violent crime rate drops, we get more of these high profile events.

That's the puzzling part, I think.
    I think @brushfire has one clue in hand, and that's the celebrity. Other factors include so-called medicine and family history. There's a lot to be said for genetics and "brain" chemistry, I haven't studied much of what's available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I think @brushfire has one clue in hand, and that's the celebrity. Other factors include so-called medicine and family history. There's a lot to be said for genetics and "brain" chemistry, I haven't studied much of what's available though.
    You'd think that would be a factor, it makes sense intuitively, but I don't recall any attacks which were clearly motivated by a desire for fame.

This mutt in Las Vegas doesn't appear to have had that motivation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    You'd think that would be a factor, it makes sense intuitively, but I don't recall any attacks which were clearly motivated by a desire for fame.

This mutt in Las Vegas doesn't appear to have had that motivation.
    The following may not apply to Paddock - he's a shady cat of another stripe maybe - but here's what Eric Harris (Columbine) had to say about his own motive:

From what I've read of the actual investigation they were "smart," popular, and attracted to girls. Normal for the average teenager. The Columbine mythos, which the MSM rammed home hard, was contrary to about everything agent David Cullen reported in his book, yet the mythos stretched into my senior year. There was no Trenchcoat Mafia connection, no goths v jocks, Hitler's birthday was an accident, they didn't target Christians, no DOOM... none of that actually mattered to hormonal Dylan and Eric, only the power and the postmortem fame.

All they wanted was to be remembered - they had "self-actualized" whereas others hadn't - and the media ate out of their cold dead hands. Built them a cult identity, spearheaded phony outrage over lyrics and guns and vidya games... but sometimes (most of the time?) its just realizing we've got power over life and death. Combined with an actionable death wish, that's really all it takes. I don't know if Vegas was similar, I lean toward not, but I don't think we'll ever know.

In a way, but I classify taking my stuff/opportunities as different from telling me what I can and can't do.
    How is it different and is the difference in any way fundamental? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    How is it different and is the difference in any way fundamental? I don't see it.
    It is not fundamentally different but it is different and has different effects on the human psyche.

The difference is that between taking things and controlling actions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Does Bureaucracy Beget Violence?

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/thomas-jefferson-street/articles/2017-10-06/do-feelings-of-individual-helplessness-spur-mass-shootings-like-las-vegas

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment