Thread: Three Green Berets killed, two wounded in Niger ambush

Default Three Green Berets killed, two wounded in Niger ambush

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/10...er-ambush.html

What are U.S. forces doing in Niger?
    "I have been wounded but not yet slain. I shall lie here and bleed awhile. Then I shall rise and fight again. The title of champion may from time to time fall to others more than ourselves. But the heart, the spirit, and the soul of champions remains in Green Bay." Vince Lombardi

Isaiah 53:5: But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Obama-for-Help

The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Looking for Juleswin .

It's our planet isn't it? Better question is what are Nigerien's doing in Niger? They must be up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It's our planet isn't it? Better question is what are Nigerien's doing in Niger? They must be up to no good.
    Nothing our military couldn't rectify.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Wasn't Nigeria the freeman colony Lincoln and Johnson made?

Baws Obomba drived dem niggas hawd, cos they'd rebel agin da bawses Big Bush, Clit'n, an Li'l Bush. We's disurve all da hell fo been bad. Jus like da good book and marse sed so.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-05-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    They fought the Wars
    They lost.
    They turned friends
    into enemies.
    Who became
    friends of our enemies.
    They stood alone, in splendid isolation,
    And said it was their only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Wasn't Nigeria the freeman colony Lincoln and Johnson made?

Baws Obomba drived dem niggas hawd, cos they'd rebel agin da bawses Big Bush, Clit'n, an Li'l Bush.
    I think that was Liberia, and this is Niger...

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nothing our military couldn't rectify.
    I'm sure they're jusy checking to make sure everyone has the proper boating and fishing permits.

I think that was Liberia, and this is Niger...
    I wonder if Nigerians and Liberians know the difference...
    They fought the Wars
    They lost.
    They turned friends
    into enemies.
    Who became
    friends of our enemies.

If they don't their gubments damn sure gonna teach em.

I'm pretty sure they do, the Nigerians probably don't have a equivalent to General Butt Naked

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do, the Nigerians probably don't have a equivalent to General Butt Naked
    What a relief. Though if "our" girls are all dead or rescued, and we've settled Nigerians don't need geography lessons, what are the men who trained Ho Chi Minh how to fight doing over there?

I suppose we're training them to hate modernization. :P
    They fought the Wars
    They lost.
    They turned friends
    into enemies.
    Who became
    friends of our enemies.

Is this an accurate account? From somebody named Karen Chickering. Worse than Benghazi?

While everyone is so busy talking about the president's handling of his call to the widow of the soldier killed in Niger, you're all missing the important part of that story -- the part about what happened that night in Niger.
    The story that is emerging is so much worse than anything that happened in Benghazi, but the same GOP Congress that investigated Benghazi with a fury seems to have little or no interest in this story.
    Here's what we know so far:
    These soldiers went to a meeting in an area near the border with Mali. This is a well known hot spot for ISIS activity.
    Our soldiers were not backed up by US Military air support. No, they were backed up by the French, who were not authorized to intervene or even fire a shot.
    Our soldiers did not have armored vehicles. They traveled in pickup trucks.
    Our soldiers were given faulty intel that said "it was unlikely that they would meet any hostile forces."
    Of course, they walked into an ISIS ambush. It was chaotic and they took three casualties.
    It took the French 30 minutes to arrive. When they did, they were not authorized to help. So, a dozen of our Green Berets fought a battle with more than 50 ISIS fighters, without help, for 30 minutes.
    Finally, a rescue helicopter arrived, but it was not a US military helicopter. No, we apparently outsourced that job to “private contractors.” So, these contractors landed and loaded the remaining troops, the injured and the dead.
    Here's where this gets really bad, because they were not military, they never did a head count. That is how Sgt. La David Johnson was left behind.
    That's right. They left him behind.
    According to the Pentagon, his locator beacon was activated on the battlefield, which indicates that he was alive when they left him there.
    They recovered his body 48 hours later, but are refusing to say where. According to his widow, she was told that she could not have an open casket funeral. This indicates that he was mutilated after being left behind on the battlefield.
    This is what led to the nonsense we're obsessing over. This is the real story. As usual, you're allowing it to be about Trump's distraction, but this is Benghazi on steroids.
    The Trump Pentagon gave these men bad intel, no support, outsourced rescue people and then tried for more than a week to pretend it never happened.
    We ask you to be so good as to pass a law requiring the closing of all windows, dormers, skylights, inside and outside shutters, curtains, casements, bull's-eyes, deadlights, and blinds — in short, all openings, holes, chinks, and fissures through which the light of the sun is wont to enter houses, to the detriment of the fair industries with which, we are proud to say, we have endowed the country, a country that cannot, without betraying ingratitude, abandon us today to so unequal a combat.

During last week, unfortunately I got all of my news from MSM and can only provide detailed analysis of Trump's phone call to the family of one of the soldiers.
    Pretty ignorant otherwise to answer your question.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ission-n814361

Trump Says He Did Not ‘Specifically’ Order Niger Mission

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday he did not "specifically" order the military mission in Niger this month that left four American soldiers dead.

The commander in chief told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House before he departed for Texas that he had given his generals that authority.

When asked if he had authorized the mission, Trump said: "No, I didn't. Not specifically."

"I have generals — they are great generals," the president added. "I gave them the authority to do what's right so that we win. That's the authority they have. I want to win and we're going to win, and we're beating ISIS very badly."

There are still many unanswered questions about the Niger ambush, which remains under investigation.

"We owe you more information," Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters this week. "More importantly, we owe the families of the fallen more information."

Questions also remain about the operation's planning, why it took so long to recover one of the bodies, and whether the U.S. had sufficient intelligence and equipment for the operation.

NBC News has also learned of an emerging theory that the Army Special Forces soldiers ambushed in Niger on October 4 may have been set up by terrorists, who were tipped off about a meeting in a village sympathetic to local ISIS affiliates.