Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catalonia

Catalonia

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    CATALAN REGIONAL LEADER SAYS ALREADY FEELS LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF A FREE COUNTRY - BILD

Lindsay- @Lma361Lindsay · 28 sek.
    Panicked Brussels issue Catalonia shock ULTIMATUM: ‘If you quit Spain, you quit EU!’

Brussels defends use of ‘proportionate force’ in Catalonia (true colors appearing now)
    http://www.politico.eu/article/bruss...-in-catalonia/

Only took Catalans 'days' to 'see the light'... now Euro-skeptics

BREAKING: SPANISH GUARDIA CIVIL WANTS TO DISSOLVE CATALAN POLICE FORCES (MOSSOS)

Sunday confrontation

THERE ARE REPORTS THAT INDICATE THAT AN ARMED UPRISING OF CATALONIAN POLICE FORCES IS IMMINENT

CATALAN PRESIDENT COULD ASK POLICE FORCES TO DEFEND THE PEOPLE OF CATALONIA

SPANISH STOCKS ARE PLUNGING RIGHT NOW!

►Even those, who do not support Catalonian independence, protest against Spanish violent crackdown:

The Spain Report- @<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=40901" target="_blank">The</a></u>spainreport · 20 hod.
    Sign reads: "I don't want independence but I cannot stay at home while they beat my people".
    Via @naciodigital

Catalan President says open to dialogue - in favour of peace - spoke a while in Spanish rather than Catalan to ´people of Spain' #Catalonia

The Spain Report- @<u><a href="http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=40901" target="_blank">The</a></u>spainreport 5 min.
    El Diario reports Rajoy rejects Podemos offer of dialogue with Catalan government and separatist parties.

The Catalan President Carles Puigdemont has attacked King Felipe VI for "deliberately ignoring millions of Catalans".

In a TV address, Mr Puigdemont accused the king of adopting the Spanish government's position.

"This moment calls for mediation," the region's president said. He has indicated that Catalonia could declare independence next week.

AFP news agency @AFP
    BREAKING Catalan independence declaration could be on Monday: regional govt source

Catalonia to declare unilateral independence on Monday 9th October. under section 4 of the law of referendums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Chancellor Merkeltine will declare war against the Separatists at some point, probably after several more secessions and/or EUExits take place, then comes the end of the voluntary "Republic" and the beginning of the Empire.

So who is Dooku?
    ha. you mean 'Count Dooku'?

Let's start a new Catalonia thread.... this one's starting to slog from graphix overload....
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think I'll post this in the new Catalonia thread (can't think of a better place.)

Sith Media: "I Don't See The Purpose Of A U.S. Citizen Having These Weapons!"

Declaration to come early next week.

https://www.thelocal.es/20171004/cat...arly-next-week

"No society should accept a status quo it doesn't want, against its will through force and beatings," said Puigdemont, adding that the situation can only be resolved "through democracy."

Despite Spain's highest court declaring the referendum illegal, the intervention of thousands of Spanish police forces and rebukes from Spain's King Felipe VI, Puigdemont argued that Catalunya has no obligation to adhere to the Spanish constitution.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

pfft democracy is paint-by-numbers. What a retard.

feels so right tho

Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-04-2017 at 11:01 PM.

►Banco Sabadell moving corporate address out of Catalonia this evening in extraordinary board meeting. (Europa Press)

►Madrid sends 20 trucks with beds, kitchens & showers to riot police deployed to Barcelona

►Tony Blair has offered his services as a mediator to Spain and Catalonia.

►Spain's constitutional court suspends Monday session of Catalan parliament to preempt possible declaration for independence

===========

7 Independence Movements That Could Destroy The EU
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...uld-destroy-eu
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-05-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Russian Market-@russian_market · 21 min.
    #BREAKING Catalan official says Parliament will meet on Monday despite ban from Madrid

Switzerland is offering to mediate between Spain and Catalonia.

The Spain Report- @Thespainreport · 2 hod.
    ANC chairman Jordi Sánchez has turned up in Madrid to answer charges of sedition at National High Court, ANC says, providing this image.

Catalan Police chief Trapero has also turned up at the National High Court in Madrid; also sedition.

AFP news agency-@AFP · 4 min.
    #BREAKING Catalan police chief, separatists walk free after sedition hearing: court #Catalonia

Russian Market-@russian_market · 11 min.
    Catalan President Carles Puigdemont has so far maintained his stance and vowed independence.

Russian Market-@russian_market · 21 min.
    European Union has asked Spain to resolve the Catalonia issue via mediation.

Hartswell Capital- @hartswellcap 3 hod.
    SWISS FOREIGN MIN SAYS SWITZERLAND IN CONTACT WITH SPAIN, CATALONIA, BUT CONDITIONS FOR FACILITATION OF TALKS ARE NOT IN PLACE AT THIS STAGE

Spanish government has said that there will be no mediation.

Conflict News- @Conflicts · 41 min.
    BREAKING: Spain passes decree to help businesses shift domiciles from Catalonia - AFP

BREAKING: Gas Natural to discuss change of corporate address outside of Catalonia at board meeting today. (La Vanguardia)

BREAKING: Gas Natural approves change of corporate address outside of Catalonia, to Madrid. (Cadena SER)

Conflict News- @Conflicts 2 hod.
    BREAKING: Spanish government demands Catalan election to settle independence crisis - AFP
    (I assume they mean a National vote/referendum on Catalan independence)

LATEST: Catalan government sends official vote results to Catalan parliament.

Last edited by goldenequity; 10-06-2017 at 01:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If this is going to go hot the Catalans will surround that hangar.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hundred's of thousands counter-protest in Barcelona.

https://www.thelocal.es/20171008/pro...e-in-barcelona

Hundreds of thousands of flag-waving demonstrators packed central Barcelona on Sunday to rally against plans by separatist leaders to declare Catalonia independent following a banned secession referendum.

Catalans calling themselves a "silent majority" opposed to leaving Spain broke their silence after a week of mounting anxiety over the country's worst political crisis in a generation.

The crowd waved both Spanish and Catalan flags and chanted "Viva Espańa! Viva Catalonia!" as they made their way through the streets of Barcelona under a clear blue sky.

"We have perhaps been silent too long," Alejandro Marcos, 44, told AFP

In addition, the Spanish PM won't rule out stripping Catalonia of its autonomy.

https://www.thelocal.es/20171008/spa...onias-autonomy

"I don't rule out anything," Rajoy said in an interview with the daily newspaper El Pais Sunday when asked about applying the constitutional provision that allows the suspension.

"But I must do things at the proper time... I would like the threat of an independence declaration to be withdrawn as quickly as possible," Rajoy said in his first interview with a major newspaper since an outlawed referendum was held on October 1st.

"The ideal would be not to have to take drastic measures," he said.

Since holding the referendum, in which Catalonia said an overwhelming number of those who voted chose independence, the wealthy northeast region's leaders have vowed to make a declaration of independence.

In the interview Rajoy assured Catalan leaders that there "is still time" to backtrack and avoid triggering a tough response from the central government in Madrid.

This could get ugly.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 10-08-2017 at 05:27 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Also, when the money dries up people become desperate.

https://www.thelocal.es/20171005/a-m...s-in-catalonia

The Catalan lender, the second-biggest bank in the north-eastern region, convened a board meeting after its stocks plunged as a political crisis between Catalonia and Madrid intensified.

There is a board meeting scheduled for 1500 GMT Thursday and a possible shift of domicile "is one of the subjects that will be discussed and will be decided today," a Sabadell spokesman who asked not to be named told AFP.

watch and see if people make a run on the banks.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 10-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

This could get ugly.
    Spain plans to use article 155 if catalonia declares independence.
    http://www.dw.com/en/spains-article-...ion/a-40861578

Article 155 is the most extreme measure available to the Madrid government, allowing it to take over the running of an autonomous region, should it declare independence.

In political circles, the article is known as "the nuclear option." Spain's former Foreign Secretary Jose Manuel Garcia described it as "an atomic bomb."

The Spanish Congress describes the article as an "exceptional or extreme" measure "for situations that are equally exceptional or extreme.”

The article allows "all measures necessary to compel the community to meet said obligations, or to protect the above-mentioned general interest."

Lee Saks- @lee_Saks
    Mais
    #CATALONIA TO MAKE SYMBOLIC RECOGNITION OF INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM THIS WEEK, BUT NO UNILATERAL INDEPENDENCE DECLARATION - GOV SOURCES: BBC

doom off?

Spanish Civil War 2.0

The question is are other parties(nations) outside of the EU going to get involved? If that happens Catalonia might have a slight chance, without they are going to have the Spanish jackboots quickly on their neck. Interesting that Switzerland wants to act as an intermediary.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Lee Saks- @lee_Saks
    Mais
    #CATALONIA TO MAKE SYMBOLIC RECOGNITION OF INDEPENDENCE REFERENDUM THIS WEEK, BUT NO UNILATERAL INDEPENDENCE DECLARATION - GOV SOURCES: BBC

doom off?
    We'll see. I'm betting on a break away.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nigel Farage says Catalonia referendum shows how the EU treat voters

French article asks if Catalonia is California of Europe? If anyone can roughly translate this that would be cool.

https://www.lesechos.fr/monde/europe...pe-2120362.php

La région espagnole et l’Etat américain ont beaucoup de points communs. Un groupe de Californiens réclament d’ailleurs une séparation avec les Etats-Unis.

Euręka ! Catalans, Californiens : męme combat ? Qui sait aujourd'hui qu'en Californie, un groupe baptisé « Yes California » souhaite la sécession de l'Etat le plus riche d'Amérique du Nord ? Etre riche et ensoleillé pousserait-il au séparatisme ? La comparaison entre l'Etat américain et la région espagnole peut faire sourire, mais elle n'est pas qu'anecdotique.

Eh, they want to break away from Spain but immediately want to go suck the EU's dick.

Put them in the pile with Scotland.

Edit: Yes I know what the information in the OP says but I'll believe it when I see it. If this actually works out for Catalonia, and then they do something dumb like go surrender their new-found independence to the EU, they might as well have stayed with Spain.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-09-2017 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Jatras: All Of Spain Should Vote On Catalan Independence

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-08/jatras-all-spain-should-vote-catalan-independence

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Spanish Government Issues Veiled Death Threat To Catalan Leader

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...catalan-leader

In a quite shocking escalation of the rhetoric in Spain, a spokesman for the ruling People's Party just issued a (barely) veiled death threat to the President of Catalonia.

"Let's hope that nothing is declared tomorrow because perhaps the person who makes the decalartion will end up like the person who made the declaration 83 years ago."

Lee Saks- @lee_Saks
    Mais

doom off?
    Tweet has been discredited.... 'BBC's sources' were mis-quoted.

It's still 'game on' for the declaration tomorrow.

Catalans for Yes- @catalansForYes
    BREAKING: Catalan president will address parliament tomorrow at 18:00, probably to declare independence.

French Minister of European Affairs Nathalie Loiseau said Oct. 9 that if the Spanish region of Catalonia unilaterally declares independence, France would not recognize it, Reuters reported.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ce-declaration

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Catalan President To Declare "Gradual Independence" On Tuesday

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-09/catalan-president-declare-gradual-independence-tuesday

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Catalan President To Declare "Gradual Independence" On Tuesday

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-09/catalan-president-declare-gradual-independence-tuesday
    He wimped.

CATALAN LEADER CARLES PUIGDEMONT SAYS ASKS FOR MANDATE TO DECLARE CATALONIA AN INDEPENDENT STATE
    MAJOR BREAKING: Catalan Leader "Assumes Mandate" To Declare Independent Republic But Suspends It "For Dialogue"

Crowds outside shows them EXTREMELY upset and angry!

Moral of the Story: They were stupid enough to fall for a spineless politico.

I think everyone is waiting to beat him now... 'yes' for his cowardice; 'No' for his treason.

The end.

Last edited by goldenequity; 10-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.

He wimped.

CATALAN LEADER CARLES PUIGDEMONT SAYS ASKS FOR MANDATE TO DECLARE CATALONIA AN INDEPENDENT STATE
    MAJOR BREAKING: Catalan Leader "Assumes Mandate" To Declare Independent Republic But Suspends It "For Dialogue"

Crowds outside shows them EXTREMELY upset and angry!

Moral of the Story: They were stupid enough to fall for a spineless politico.

I think everyone is waiting to beat him now... 'yes' for his cowardice; 'No' for his treason.

The end.
    The snowball will continue to roll without him, Rajoy saw to that when he sent in the thugs.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Spain Responds: Considers Puigdemont Speech Declaration Of Independence, "Expected To Apply Article 155"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-10/spain-responds-considers-puigdemont-speech-declaration-independence-expected-apply-a

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Madrid Gives Catalonia 5 Day Ultimatum To Clarify If It Declared Independence

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-11/madrid-gives-catalonia-5-day-ultimatum-clarify-if-it-declared-independence

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast