Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's Repeal the 2nd Amendment initiative

Exclamation Michael Moore's Repeal the 2nd Amendment initiative

Now, yeah, I know, Micheal Moore, hah hah...but these things have a way of getting out of control.

We know the leftists would be happy to repeal the 1st Amendment as well, since free speech is hate speech.

We also know that the whole concept of individual liberty is increasing held as as nothing more than a remnant of the ruling class of dead white male slave owners that founded Plantation AmeriKKKa.

Also interesting to note, in his intended amendment, that you have to get a woeman's permission before owning a gun, since men are the killers.

Michael Moore

https://www.facebook.com/mmflint/pos...54778028796857

15 hrs ·

My Proposal to Repeal the Second Amendment and Replace It With This:

PROPOSED 28th AMENDMENT TO THE US CONSTITUTION

“A well regulated State National Guard, being helpful to the safety and security of a State in times of need, along with the strictly regulated right of the people to keep and bear a limited number of non-automatic Arms for sport and hunting, with respect to the primary right of all people to be free from gun violence, this shall not be infringed.”

I, Michael Moore, along with all who support an end to this epidemic of gun violence, propose a new Amendment to our Constitution that repeals the ancient and outdated 2nd Amendment (which was written before bullets and revolvers were even invented), and replaces it with a new 28th Amendment that guarantees States can have State militias (a.k.a. State National Guards which are made up of citizen-soldiers who are called upon in times of natural disasters or other State emergencies), allows individuals to use guns for sport and gathering food, and guarantees everyone the right to be free of, and protected from, gun violence (i.e., the public’s safety comes ahead of an individual’s right to own and fire a gun).

This amendment would allow states and the federal government to pass laws that would regulate gun ownership in the following manner:

• As over 90% of gun violence is committed by men, in order for a man to purchase a gun, he must first get a waiver from his current wife, plus his most recent ex-wife, or any woman with whom he is currently in a relationship (if he’s gay, he must get the waiver from his male spouse/partner). This law has greatly reduced most spousal/domestic gun murders in Canada.

• All automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned.

• No gun or clip can hold more than 6 bullets.

• To activate a gun for it to be used, the trigger must recognize the fingerprint of its registered owner. This will eliminate most crimes committed with a gun as 80% of these crimes are done with a stolen gun.

• One’s guns must be stored at a licensed gun club or government-regulated gun storage facility. Believing that having a gun in your home provides you with protection is an American myth. People who die from a home invasion make up a sad but minuscule .04% of all gun murders in the US. And over a third of them are killed by their own gun that the criminal has either stolen or wrestled from them.

• To own and operate a gun one must obtain a license (like one does to operate a car). To get a license you have to complete a gun training and safety course and pass a thorough background check.

• As nearly half of all gun deaths are suicides, mental health care must become a top national health priority and must be properly funded. And by making it more difficult to purchase a gun - and requiring its storage outside the home - easy access during a suicidal moment is denied.

• Current restrictions placed on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), due to successful lobbying by the NRA, have prohibited them from studying the gun violence epidemic in the US. These rules need to be removed and the funding restored. Science will then be free to find out why we are ALONE among nations in killing each other at such a massive rate (hint: It’s not just the guns - it’s us as Americans).

These are a few of the regulations that can be enacted to both protect society yet not deny hunters and sportsmen their fun. This is the sane approach that meets everyone’s needs -- everyone, that is, except those of the serial killer, the mass murderer, the violent ex-husband, the disgruntled employee or the disturbed and bullied teenager. We will never eliminate all murder; that’s been with us since Cain killed Abel. But we CAN join the community of enlightened nations where gun violence is that rare occurrence — as opposed to the daily tragedy we now suffer here in the United States of America. This can come to an end with the repeal of the 2nd Amendment and replacing it with the 28th Amendment.

For those who believe it will be impossible to do this, let me close by sharing with you two important facts that should give us hope:

1. We are not a country of gun nuts. 77% of all Americans do NOT own a gun! If three-quarters of the country has decided they have no need for a gun, three-quarters of the country may also decide they have no need for an archaic amendment that allows retired accountants to own 47 assault weapons. LET’S ORGANIZE THE 77%!

2. When President Obama tried to get Congress to pass simple, common sense gun control legislation after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary, polls showed 90% of the country backed him! But the NRA beat him. LET’S ORGANIZE THE 90%!

We can start with the upcoming midterm election. Let every candidate know: If you take NRA money, we will
    remove you from office.

Then do it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-05-2017 at 06:05 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is madness, I hope it is too extreme to catch on because if it does it WILL lead to civil war, if it passed we would revolt if it didn't they would start a war to impose it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Question: How exactly does one tiny organization that represents a minority of voters pull so much weight, year after year, after year, after year, out influence 77% of a massive population and 90% political opposition? How, exactly does that work now?

Me thinks that Mr. Moore confusing facts and figures with the amount of hot wings he scarfs down before bedtime.
    Last edited by Weston White; 10-04-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

• One’s guns must be stored at a licensed gun club or government-regulated gun storage facility. Believing that having a gun in your home provides you with protection is an American myth. People who die from a home invasion make up a sad but minuscule .04% of all gun murders in the US. And over a third of them are killed by their own gun that the criminal has either stolen or wrestled from them
    Switzerland kind of does this. If you are in the Swiss military, you can take your weapon home with you (which helps list them as the fourth most guns per capita behind the US and Yemen and Serbia) but the bullets for the gun must be left at the armory. http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Switzerland kind of does this. If you are in the Swiss military, you can take your weapon home with you (which helps list them as the fourth most guns per capita behind the US and Yemen and Serbia) but the bullets for the gun must be left at the armory. http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/
    Those in the militia (most of them) are given an ammo box to remain sealed for emergencies and another each year for their use to maintain their proficiency.

As for the storage facility idea it is horrible, it certainly is NOT the right to KEEP and bear arms.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Hold on a minute, bad guy. Allow me to run up to my government-regulated gun storage facility and obtain my firearm."

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    "Hold on a minute, bad guy. Allow me to run up to my government-regulated gun storage facility and obtain my firearm."
    Hold on a minute, Tyrant. Give me my gun so we can fight a duel.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

What are you doing to fight your own obesity Michael "MOAR DINNER" Moore?

That's what I thought.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they do not want weapons nobody is stopping them from not having them . I will keep mine with no restrictions . None .

One sick person with guns can kill tens maybe hundreds , one sick authoritarian with the power of government can kill millions. Michael Moore chooses authoritarian.
    Last edited by seapilot; 10-04-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

This deserves reposting again.

At least he's approaching the issue constitutionally.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    At least he's approaching the issue constitutionally.
    True dat!

LOL at these clowns. They think defending oneself is now archaic.

And I love how fat boy twists the definition of "regulated." Well regulated does not mean government control. It means well disciplined.

Intent of lawmakers matters. The intent of the founders:

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
    — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
    --Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

"Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it."
    --Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

More quotes here: http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/quotes/arms.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

I don't think so. A person in the military is also a citizen, meaning he can buy ammunition and store it at home.

Nice try attempting to be contrary and acting like Moore is just like the Swiss.

Better stick to other topics, chief.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I don't think so. A person in the military is also a citizen, meaning he can buy ammunition and store it at home.

Nice try attempting to be contrary and acting like Moore is just like the Swiss.

Better stick to other topics, chief.
    I find Zippy's recent attempts at BS peddling disrespectful. If he wants to target double digit IQ people maybe he should stick to his office?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait--in Moore's world the Bill of Rights dates back to 1597?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...nown-revolver/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

How about we repeal his citizenship?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    No liberty minded person should ever say that. Let him go with his proposal and see how far he gets before giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    CALExit!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Well regulated does not mean government control. It means well disciplined.
    The exact opposite of government controlled.

If Michael Moar Food Moore loved liberty so much, he would petition the USG to send its standing armies home in times of peace - that includes the gendarmes. Sense nobody's declared war on us, yet that hasn't stopped USG from world policing, I guess he would feel "morally" constrained to lead the charge against the feds, so he won't petition for true liberty causes.

Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-05-2017 at 12:55 AM. Reason: kys Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Let every candidate know: If you take NRA money, we will
    remove you from office.
    Except that the NRA money will buy advertising and their candidates will win. Maybe another approach, Michael?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    CALExit!
    But he lives in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If they leave he might move there to enjoy the leftist paradise, or maybe other leftist areas will follow suit and he can move to one of them.

In any case if they leave he and his politics will be rendered irrelevant.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    LOL

I think he really lives in NYC - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/t...o-theater.html

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    NYCsession!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Does he? I thought his wife gave his fat ass the boot.

Hey Michael, Kathleen wouldn't have spent you out of the house, if you didn't need groceries for 11 meals/day.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-05-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    No liberty minded person should ever say that. Let him go with his proposal and see how far he gets before giving up.
    Guess sarcasm doesn't show well here. I should of put an <S>.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

MM can go pound sand.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast