Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Obama Donor's Lawyers Battling NYT, New Yorker Over Potentially Explosive Storie

And now The New Yorker add new and far more serious reports including multiple rapes by Harvey Weinstein

Excerpts:

Since the establishment of the first studios a century ago, there have been few movie executives as dominant, or as domineering, as Harvey Weinstein. …

For more than twenty years, Weinstein has also been trailed by rumors of sexual harassment and assault. This has been an open secret to many in Hollywood and beyond, … Asia Argento, an Italian film actress and director, told me that she did not speak out until now—Weinstein, she told me, forcibly performed oral sex on her—because she feared that Weinstein would “crush” her. “I know he has crushed a lot of people before,” Argento said. “That’s why this story—in my case, it’s twenty years old; some of them are older—has never come out.” …

Last week, the New York Times, in a powerful report by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, revealed multiple allegations … The story, however, is more complex, and there is more to know and to understand. In the course of a ten-month investigation, I was told by thirteen women that, between the nineteen-nineties and 2015, Weinstein sexually harassed or assaulted them, allegations that corroborate and overlap with the Times’ revelations, and also include far more serious claims.

Three women—among them Argento and a former aspiring actress named Lucia Evans—told me that Weinstein raped them, allegations that include Weinstein forcibly performing or receiving oral sex and forcing vaginal sex. Four women said that they experienced unwanted touching that could be classified as an assault. In an audio recording captured during a New York Police Department sting operation in 2015 and made public here for the first time, Weinstein admits to groping a Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, describing it as behavior he is “used to.” Four of the women I interviewed cited encounters in which Weinstein exposed himself or masturbated in front of them.

Sixteen former and current executives and assistants at Weinstein’s companies told me that they witnessed or had knowledge of unwanted sexual advances and touching at events associated with Weinstein’s films and in the workplace. They and others describe a pattern of professional meetings that were little more than thin pretexts for sexual advances on young actresses and models. All sixteen said that the behavior was widely known within both Miramax and the Weinstein Company. Messages sent by Irwin Reiter, a senior company executive, to Emily Nestor, one of the women who alleged that she was harassed at the company, described the “mistreatment of women” as a serial problem that the Weinstein Company was struggling with in recent years. Other employees described what was, in essence, a culture of complicity at Weinstein’s places of business, with numerous people throughout the companies fully aware of his behavior but either abetting it or looking the other way. Some employees said that they were enlisted in subterfuge to make the victims feel safe. A female executive with the company described how Weinstein assistants and others served as a “honeypot”—they would initially join a meeting, but then Weinstein would dismiss them, leaving him alone with the woman.

Virtually all of the people I spoke with told me that they were frightened of retaliation. … Many said that they had seen Weinstein’s associates confront and intimidate those who crossed him, and feared that they would be similarly targeted. Four actresses, including Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette, told me they suspected that, after they rejected Weinstein’s advances or complained about them to company representatives, Weinstein had them removed from projects or dissuaded people from hiring them. Multiple sources said that Weinstein frequently bragged about planting items in media outlets about those who spoke against him; these sources feared that they might be similarly targeted. …

“This wasn’t a one-off. This wasn’t a period of time,” an executive who worked for Weinstein for many years told me. “This was ongoing predatory behavior towards women—whether they consented or not.” …

Lucia Stoller, now Lucia Evans, was approached by Weinstein at Cipriani Upstairs, a club in New York, in 2004, the summer before her senior year at Middlebury College. Evans wanted to be an actress … Weinstein began calling her late at night, or having an assistant call her, asking to meet. She declined, but said that she would do readings during the day … an assistant called to set up a daytime meeting at the Miramax office, in Tribeca, first with Weinstein and then with a casting executive, who was a woman. “I was, like, ‘Oh, a woman, great, I feel safe,’ ” Evans said.
    When Evans arrived for the meeting, the building was full of people. She was led to an office with exercise equipment and takeout boxes on the floor, where she met with Weinstein alone. … “he immediately was simultaneously flattering me and demeaning me and making me feel bad about myself.” Weinstein told her that she’d “be great in ‘Project Runway’ ”… but only if she lost weight. … “At that point, after that, is when he assaulted me,” Evans said. “He forced me to perform oral sex on him.” As she objected, Weinstein took his penis out of his pants and pulled her head down onto it. “I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’ ” she said. “I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him.” In the end, she said, “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.” At a certain point, she said, “I just sort of gave up. That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he’s been able to do this for so long to so many women: people give up, and then they feel like it’s their fault.”
    Weinstein appeared to find the encounter unremarkable. “It was like it was just another day for him,” Evans said. “It was no emotion.” Afterward, she said, he acted as if nothing had happened. She wondered how Weinstein’s staff could not know what was going on. …

Evans told me that the entire sequence of events had a routine quality. “It feels like a very streamlined process,” she said. “Female casting director, Harvey wants to meet. Everything was designed to make me feel comfortable before it happened. And then the shame in what happened was also designed to keep me quiet.”

Evans said that, after the incident, “I just put it in a part of my brain and closed the door.” She continued to blame herself for not fighting harder. “It was always my fault for not stopping him,” she said. “I had an eating problem for years. I was disgusted with myself. It’s funny, all these unrelated things I did to hurt myself because of this one thing.” … “I ruined several really good relationships because of this. My schoolwork definitely suffered, and my roommates told me to go to a therapist because they thought I was going to kill myself.” …

Other women were too afraid to allow me to use their names, but their stories are uncannily similar to these allegations. One, a woman who worked with Weinstein, explained her reluctance to be identified. “He drags your name through the mud, and he’ll come after you hard with his legal team.”
    Like other women in this article, she said that Weinstein brought her to a hotel room under a professional pretext, changed into a bathrobe, and “forced himself on me sexually.” She said no, repeatedly and clearly. Afterward, she experienced “horror, disbelief, and shame,” and considered going to the police. “I thought it would be a ‘He said, she said,’ and I thought about how impressive his legal team is, and I thought about how much I would lose, and I decided to just move forward,” she said. The woman continued to have professional contact with Weinstein after the alleged rape, and acknowledged that subsequent communications between them might suggest a normal working relationship. “I was in a vulnerable position and I needed my job,” she told me. “It just increases the shame and the guilt.” …

Weinstein and his legal and public-relations teams have conducted a decades-long campaign to suppress these stories. In recent months, that campaign escalated. Weinstein and his associates began calling many of the women in this story. Weinstein asked Argento to meet with a private investigator and give testimony on his behalf. One actress who initially spoke to me on the record later asked that her allegation be removed. “I’m so sorry,” she wrote. “The legal angle is coming at me and I have no recourse.” Weinstein and his legal team have threatened to sue multiple media outlets, including the New York Times. Several of the former executives and assistants in this story said that they had received calls from Weinstein in which he attempted to determine if they had talked to me or warned them not to. …

“He’s been systematically doing this for a very long time,” the former employee who had been made to act as a “honeypot” told me. She said that she often thinks of something Weinstein whispered … after one of his many shouting sprees … It so unnerved her that she pulled out her iPhone and tapped it into a memo, word for word: “There are things I’ve done that nobody knows.”

Much more here:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Harvey Weinstein reportedly checking into sex addiction rehab center in Europe

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3554583

October 10, 2017, 8:14 PM

Harvey Weinstein has reportedly fled the country to find help.

The producer is headed to a sex addiction rehab center in Europe via private jet, TMZ reported Tuesday.

A source, however, told the Daily News that he's not leaving for rehab, but rather counseling.

"He needs his peace. He’s been hounded all week. He lost his company and his wife. What more can you lose?" the source said. "He’s got to go find peace."

The report comes shortly after Weinstein’s wife, fashion designer Georgina Chapman, announced that she’s leaving her husband.

“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions," Chapman, 41, said in a statement to People. "I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”

Over the past week, almost a dozen women, including Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow, have accused Weinstein of sexual harassment.

Weinstein has denied all allegations, but said “all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different” when he “came of age in the ‘60s and ‘70s.”

On Sunday, he was fired from the Weinstein Company.

“In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company — Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar — have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately,” the company said in a statement.

But the producer is reportedly already planning his return to Hollywood.

"He wants to come back with fresh, new ideas,” a source told TMZ.

https://twitter.com/NickMerrill/stat...426176/photo/1

Statement from Secretary Clinton on Harvey Weinstein:

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This guy is a bad pickup artist.

at least Trump had the permission to do it.

so touching a woman body is illegal if she changes her mind after the fact ?

Next time a woman touches me, i file for sexual assault, especially if she is famous. Nobody will believe me, until many other people do it as well.

FBI Reportedly Investigating Harvey Weinstein

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-11/fbi-reportedly-investigating-harvey-weinstein

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

NYPD, Scotland Yard Open Sex Crime Investigations Into Harvey Weinstein

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-12/nypd-scotland-yard-open-sex-crime-investigations-harvey-weinstein

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Although this lack of action took place during DGP regime, there are no reports that Obama or Hilalry Clinton or Michelle Obama called the NY officials to stop prusuit of charges against accused sexual predator Harvey Weinstein who was also simultaneously working the Women's Rights, LGBT, Treyvon rights causes.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will ...
    Daily Mail Oct 12, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    To be fair, she has not called Weinstein "deplorable".

There are rumors that Harvey was trying to get Oprah some Academy or other hollywood award. Some leftwing neocons were recently trying to push Oprah 2020, she was tainted already for helping introduce notorious "founding father of ISIS" to America even before her ties to Weinstein predator came out. Zero chance now.

Related

Babysitter: Harvey Weinstein interviewed me in his underwear

Page Six 44m ago

Rose McGowan: Amazon Studios knew I was raped
    By Ruth Brown
    October 12, 2017
    Actress Rose McGowan on Thursday appeared to publicly accuse Harvey Weinstein of raping her — tweeting that she repeatedly warned the head of Amazon Studios about what “HW” had done and “begged” the company not to work with the producer. “@jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me. Over & over I said it. He said it hadn’t been proven. I said I was the proof,” she tweeted to Amazon boss Jeff Bezos.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Although this lack of action took place during DGP regime, there are no reports that Obama or Hilalry Clinton or Michelle Obama called the NY officials to stop prusuit of charges against accused sexual predator Harvey Weinstein who was also simultaneluly working the Women's Rights, LGBT, Treyvon rights causes.

What a great cover.

This. I highly doubt as well that he's the only one at the moment that has been doing these kinds of things in the entertainment industry.

These Are the Women Who Have Accused Harvey Weinstein of Sexual Harassment and Assault

Thirty-four actresses and film-industry figures have come forward so far; below, a running list of their allegations against the former Weinstein Company mogul, updated each time new allegations come to light.
    by
    • Yohana Desta
    • Hillary Busis

October 12, 2017 7:34 am

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...-Weinstein.jpg

Disgraced Oprah, who could not find words to speak up during second term of DGP having supported him earlier, really tried to support his bundler behind the scenes?

10/14/2017

Harvey Weinstein Says Oprah Called to Support Him, But Her Team Says BS

Harvey Weinstein says Oprah Winfrey called him to say she was ready to come out and publicly support him, but Oprah's people say it's simply not true.

Our sources say Harvey has repeatedly told his team and friends that Oprah called him earlier this week and said he needed to speak out and defend himself, and when he did she would be right there supporting him. We're told Harvey has said a number of powerful people have called to voice support, but he singled out Oprah over and over.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/14/harvey...to-support-bs/

If she is really doing this, she should be kicked out of TV shows for good if her show is not already completely cancelled.

Related

Woody Allen, whose own son revealed sex claims against movie mogul, reveals sadness for 'messed up' Harvey Weinstein

• Woody Allen has spoken out to defend former collaborator Harvey Weinstein
    • He described the situation as 'sad for everybody involved' and said he feels bad for the movie mogul because 'his life is so messed up'
    • Allen hopes investigation leads to 'some amelioration' for victims, but worries about a 'witch hunt' against 'every guy in an office who winks at a woman'
    • The director was accused of abusing Dylan, the daughter he adopted with then-wife Mia Farrow, while she was seven years old. He vehemently denies this

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
    Published: 05:46 EDT, 15 October 2017

Woody Allen has defended Harvery Weinstein over dozens of allegations of sexual abuse and rape, describing the situation as 'sad'.
    The director, who worked with Weinstein a number of times, said he was upset 'for everyone involved' and lamented the fact that Weinstein's life 'is so messed up.'
    While he hoped the investigation into alleged abuse would provide some respite to victims, he added that he worries about a witch hunt against men.

Woody Allen says he is 'sad' for Harvey Weinstein as he faces dozens of allegations of sexual assault and harassment. Allen's own son, Ronan (right), was instrumental in bringing the claims to light after he interviewed 13 women who said they were abused and harassed

He told BBC Arabic: 'The whole Harvey Weinstein thing is very sad for everybody involved.
    'Tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that is life is so messed up. There's no winners in that, it's just very, very sad and tragic for those poor women that had to go through that.'

Weinstein was credited with reviving Allen's career after he was accused of abusing Dylan Farrow, the daughter he adopted with then-wife Mia, when she was seven.

Allen collaborated with Weinstein several times including on 1995 film Mighty Aphrodite (pictured at the premiere)

The claims emerged in 1993 after Farrow split with Allen, having discovered he was having an affair with her adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn.
    An investigation was launched but later dropped with no charges made against Allen. He has always vehemently denied the claims.
    Dylan repeated the claims in a 2014 blog post, and was supported by brother Ronan Farrow who also criticized the media for not questioning Allen more closely.
    Ronan was also instrumental in bringing the allegations against Weinstein to light, interviewing 13 women who alleged he had harassed or attacked them.
    Allen and Weinstein collaborated several times over the years, including on the Oscar-winning film Mighty Aphrodite.
    The star of that film, Mira Sorvino, is just one of the actresses to come forward with claims against Weinstein.
    It was during a promotional tour for that film, in 1995, that she alleges Weinstein began massaging her shoulders while they were alone in a hotel room.

Allen said it is 'tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that is life is so messed up.' Pictures is Allen (right) on the set of 1992 film Husbands and Wives with Lysette Anthony (left) who has accused Weinstein of raping her

Courtney Love 2003

Interviewer asks if she has any words of advice for young starlets entering the business. Love responded to avoid private meetings in the 4 Seasons with Harvey Weinstein.

VIdeo at link: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ka2jzxot
    Last edited by angelatc; 10-15-2017 at 02:29 PM.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excerpts from former Miramax screenwriter Scott Rosenberg's Facebook post, whose mentor was Weinstein throughout the 1990's and early 2000's:

So, yeah, I was there.
    And let me tell you one thing.
    Let’s be perfectly clear about one thing:
    Everybody-$#@!ing-knew.
    Not that he was raping.
    No, that we never heard.

But we were aware of a certain pattern of overly-aggressive behavior that was rather dreadful.

We knew about the man’s hunger; his fervor; his appetite.
    There was nothing secret about this voracious rapacity; like a gluttonous ogre out of the Brothers Grimm.
    All couched in vague promises of potential movie roles.
    (and, it should be noted: there were many who actually succumbed to his bulky charms. Willingly. Which surely must have only impelled him to cast his fetid net even wider).
    But like I said: everybody-fu*king-knew.

And to me, if Harvey’s behavior is the most reprehensible thing one can imagine, a not-so-distant second is the current flood of sanctimonious denial and condemnation that now crashes upon these shores of rectitude in gloppy tides of bull$#@! righteousness.
    Because everybody-fu*king-knew.
    And do you know how I am sure this is true?
    Because I was there.
    And I saw you.
    And I talked about it with you.
    You, the big producers; you, the big directors; you, the big agents; you, the big financiers.
    And you, the big rival studio chiefs; you, the big actors; you, the big actresses; you, the big models.
    You, the big journalists; you, the big screenwriters; you, the big rock stars; you, the big restaurateurs; you, the big politicians.
    I saw you.
    All of you.
    And more:

So, yeah, I am sorry.
    Sorry and ashamed.
    Because, in the end, I was complicit.
    I didn’t say $#@!.
    I didn’t do $#@!.

Harvey was nothing but wonderful to me.
    So I reaped the rewards and I kept my mouth shut.
    And for that, once again, I am sorry.
    But you should be sorry, too.
    With all these victims speaking up…
    To tell their tales.
    Shouldn’t those who witnessed it from the sidelines do the same?
    Instead of retreating to the cowardly, canopied confines of faux-outrage?
    Doesn’t being a bystander bring with it the responsibility of telling the truth, however personally disgraceful it may be?

You know who are.
    You know that you knew.
    And do you know how I know that you knew?
    Because I was there with you.
    And because everybody-fu*king-knew.

Some good news for fund raisers:

Harvey Weinstein Scandal Not Expected to Impact Political Fundraising
    Variety 10h ago

Related

Nolte: Why Did NBC Spike Hollywood's Biggest Scandal Ever? Weinstein Is a Democrat.
    Breitbart News Oct 13, 2017

Harvard rescinds medal awarded to Harvey Weinstein
    Page Six 7h ago

Barack Obama Awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Weinstein, Weiner and Cosby Are Fake Photos
    Erica Abbott — October 17, 2017
    According to Snopes, the Photoshopped images began circulating social media as allegations of sexual assault and harassment against Hollywood producer Weinstein continued to emerge. A fake photo of Obama awarding Weinstein with the Presidential Medal of Freedom was combined with other altered photos of Weiner, who was sentenced to 21 months in federal prison for exchanging explicit messages with a minor, and Cosby, who has been accused of sexual assault and rape by dozens of women. “I didn’t know there was a sexual predator award..thanks Democrats,” the meme reads. Most of the photos, however, are fake.

The original photos show Obama awarding the honor to other notable figures throughout his presidency. The real photos include:

• Fake Weinstein photo: The real photo actually shows Obama presenting the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Joe Biden in January 2017. Obama surprised the former vice president with the honor, which was awarded “with distinction.”

Harvey Weinstein helped pay Bill Clinton's legal bills during Monica era, Washington Post archive reveals

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...e-reveals.html
    Harvey Weinstein is no stranger to sex scandals – back when Bill Clinton was battling allegations he lied about his relationship with Monica Lewinsky, Weinstein had the president’s back, and a hefty check in hand.

A recently uncovered 1998 story in The Washington Post lists the powerful producer – now accused of sexual harassment and assault by numerous women – among several Hollywood heavyweights who gave the maximum $10,000 to Clinton’s legal defense fund.

The detail gives a fuller picture of the longstanding financial relationship between the former first family and one of their best West Coast fundraisers. That relationship has been under the microscope after Hillary Clinton came under criticism for waiting five days to condemn Weinstein.
    More at the link.

LAPD Opens Rape Investigation Into Harvey Weinstein

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-19/lapd-opens-rape-investigation-harvey-weinstein

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Peter Thiel-Backed Startup Offers To Finance Weinstein Lawsuits

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-20/peter-thiel-backed-startup-offers-finance-weinstein-lawsuits

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MHNZkKAuRY

Jeffrey Katzenberg: Harvey Weinstein 'not a lone actor'

Hollywood executive notes that rampant sexual harassment is not limited to entertainment industry.
    October 16, 2017 10:54 PM PDT

"The casting couch has been in Hollywood from the beginning," Katzenberg said. "The complicity around the acceptance of it and silence about it is the crime. Harvey Weinstein, make no mistake about it, he is a monster.

"The problem is there's a pack of wolves. He's not a lone actor in this."

https://www.cnet.com/news/jeffrey-ka...-a-lone-actor/

Over 100 women have accused Obama/Dem's bundler now, it's like the pandora box that has no bottom.

And if these allegations are confirmed, the guy "procuring women" for Weinstein was on payrol of ABC News' parent company?

That Time Harvey Weinstein Visited New York Times’ Top Editor to Kill My 2004 Expose

The plot thickens: Now three people confirm that then-executive editor Bill Keller met with the mogul in advance of my piece getting gutted

Sharon Waxman | October 18, 2017

Meanwhile, more ugly information has emerged about Lombardo. I’ve already written about four women who confirm that Lombardo procured women for Weinstein in Italy and France. And that he was on the Disney payroll in 2003 and 2004 for a job that paid $400,000 annually but carried few film-related responsibilities.

https://www.thewrap.com/harvey-weins...o-2004-expose/

Heather Graham: Harvey Weinstein Implied I Had to Have Sex With Him for Movie Role (EXCLUSIVE)

By Heather Graham

Heather Graham
    Guest Columnist

CREDIT: David Buchan/Variety/REX/Shutterstock

Following the publication on Tuesday morning of two more exposes detailing sexual assault and harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein, actress Heather Graham recalls indirectly being propositioned by the studio mogul.
    In the early 2000s Harvey Weinstein called me into his office. There was a pile of scripts sitting on his desk. “I want to put you in one of my movies,” he said and offered to let me choose which one I liked best. Later in the conversation, he mentioned that he had an agreement with his wife. He could sleep with whomever he wanted when he was out of town. I walked out of the meeting feeling uneasy.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this developmeny another "Trump effect"? They had decided not prosecute him during DGP regime.

Top of google news now on Fri evening:

NYPD calls Harvey Weinstein rape allegation credible, says it's gathering evidence for arrest
    Los Angeles Times 49m ago

Related Coverage
    Paz de la Huerta Says Harvey Weinstein Raped Her Twice. Will That Bring Him to Justice?
    Highly Cited Vanity Fair Nov 2, 2017

Related

Guy Fawkes Night: Weinstein effigy to be torched at British bonfire party

The 11-metre (36-foot) effigy of Weinstein will go up in flames on Saturday in Edenbridge, south of London

Edenbridge (United Kingdom) (AFP) - An effigy of disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein will be torched this weekend as part of a British town's Bonfire Night celebrations, organisers revealed on Wednesday.
    The 11-metre (36-foot) effigy of a semi-naked Weinstein, showing him clutching an Oscar statuette in one hand and a bra in the other, will go up in flames on Saturday in Edenbridge, south of London.

The statue also has an old-fashioned black-and-white film clapperboard held open by a woman over the producer's genitals with the words "Final Cut" on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump has his own "entanglements". http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7631891.html

I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it, Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Ivanka Trump: There's a 'special place in hell for people who prey on children'

Semi-Related

Harvey Weinstein used ex Mossad Israeli agents to spy on actresses and journalists

Ivanka Trump: I am excited to continue our trip in Israel
    jpost
    May 22, 2017

Palestinian Children Tortured, Used as Human Shields by Israel
    New UN human rights agency report claims Israeli forces arbitrarily arrest Palestinian children in Gaza and West Bank, subject them to degrading treatment, exploit them to scope out potentially dangerous buildings and use them as shields to deter stone throwers.
    Reuters Jun 20, 2013
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.530993

He'll coerce you: Gwyneth Paltrow talks about Weinstein in 1998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt9VILgXouM

terrycrews @terrycrews
    My wife n I were at a Hollywood function last year n a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates. (2/cont.)
    3:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017

Actors Rob Schneider, Terry Crews say they were sexually harassed
    Newshub Oct 10, 2017
    Nov. 19, 2017
    Terry Crews says Russell Simmons asked him to give target of sexual-assault allegations 'a pass'

Sonaiya Kelley
    Terry Crews on Sunday posted a screenshot of an email he said was from entrepreneur-producer Russell Simmons that urged the actor to give the target of his sexual-assault allegations a pass.

terrycrews @terrycrews

Message Russell Simmons sent to me regarding my sexual assault case against Adam Venit of @WME:

Dear @UNCleRUSH——
    NO ONE GETS A PASS
    10:55 AM - Nov 19, 2017

• 1,356 1,356 Replies
    • 13,463 13,463 Retweets

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Woman says Brett Ratner stood by as Russell Simmons assaulted her

Keri Claussen Khalighi says Def Jam Records mogul coerced her to perform a sex act; film producer ignored her plea for help

By Lindsey Bahr
    20 November 2017

In this Feb. 6, 2015, file photo, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons presents the Vanguard Award on stage at the 46th NAACP Image Awards in Pasadena, California (Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Model Keri Claussen Khalighi has come forward to accuse Def Jam Records mogul Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct in 1991 when she was 17 years old.
    In a report Sunday in the Los Angeles Times, Khalighi says that Simmons coerced her to perform a sex act and later penetrated her without her consent in his New York apartment. She said the film producer and director Brett Ratner, who has also been accused by multiple women of sexual harassment, was present.

Related

Larry David criticized for 'SNL' monologue on Jewish sexual predators and Holocaust

Somewhat shocking Thanksgiving message to Obama's bundler from Uma Thurman:

Nov. 24 2017 9:03 PM

Read Uma Thurman’s Heartwarming Thanksgiving Message to Harvey Weinstein: “You Don’t Deserve a Bullet”

By Matthew Dessem

126,778 likes

• ithurman H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G

I am grateful today, to be alive, for all those I love, and for all those who have the courage to stand up for others.
      I said I was angry recently, and I have a few reasons, #metoo, in case you couldn’t tell by the look on my face.
      I feel it’s important to take your time, be fair, be exact, so... Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! (Except you Harvey, and all your wicked conspirators - I’m glad it’s going slowly - you don’t deserve a bullet) -stay tuned
      Uma Thurman

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...weinstein.html

Related

Actor James Beek; 'I've had my ass grabbed by older, powerful men'
    NEWS.com.au 9h ago
    “I’ve had my a– grabbed by older, powerful men,” the “What Would Diplo Do?” actor wrote. “I’ve had them corner me in inappropriate sexual conversations when I was much younger…”

terrycrews @terrycrews My wife n I were at a Hollywood function last year n a high level Hollywood executive came over 2 me and groped my privates. (2/cont.)
    3:45 PM - Oct 10, 2017
    Actors Rob Schneider, Terry Crews say they were sexually harassed
    Oct 10, 2017

Richard Branson accused of ‘sexual assault’ by Joss Stone backup singer Antonia Jenae

BILLIONAIRE Sir Richard Branson has been accused of ‘sexual assault’ by a singer on his private Caribbean island.

November 25, 20179:14pm

Antonia Jenae says the billionaire shook his face in her cleavage and made a boat engine noise.
    Antonia said: “His behaviour was disgusting. I feel like it was sexual assault.”

Antonia Jenae says she was 'sexually assaulted' by Richard Branson. Picture: FacebookSource:Supplied

Richard Branson

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...dccb9049e42f2d

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast