Thread: Pro-Life U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy Reportedly Advised Mistress To Get Abortion

Default Pro-Life U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy Reportedly Advised Mistress To Get Abortion

Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy, a prominent pro-life conservative from suburban Pittsburgh, reportedly advised the woman with whom he had an extramarital affair to get an abortion. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette obtained documents featuring apparent text messages between the woman, forensic psychologist Shannon Edwards, and Murphy. The congressman last month acknowledged the affair after he was about to be deposed in Edwards’ divorce case.
    “You have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options,” Edwards wrote in a text message when an anti-abortion post appeared on Murphy’s Facebook page.
    In the message thread the Post-Gazette obtained, Murphy responded: “I get what you say about my March for life (sic) message. I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don’t write any more. I will.”

More at: https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...s-get-abortion

Dist.18: Tim Murphy - 49%

Can we get a primary challenger PLEASE!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

If freedom isn't free, it isn't liberty - its license.

"And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

In the message thread the Post-Gazette obtained, Murphy responded: “I get what you say about my March for life (sic) message. I’ve never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced.
    LOL
    "The program of liberalism, ...if condensed into a single word, would have to read: property..."

-Ludwig von Mises

"Patriotism, not nationalism, should inspire the citizen. The ethnic nationalist who wants a linguistically and culturally uniform nation is akin to the racist who is intolerant toward those who look (and behave) differently. The patriot is a "diversitarian"; he is pleased, indeed proud of the variety within the borders of his country; he looks for loyalty from all citizens. And he looks up and down, not left and right."

-Erik Maria Ritter von Kuehnelt-Leddihn

"The monarch is a responsible person. The fact that a monarch is responsible "to God alone," rather than to an assembly or a popular majority, is rather shocking to an agnostic mind; but while God cannot be fooled, the masses can. While it is perhaps true that "one cannot fool all the people all the time," it seems one can fool millions for centuries."

-Ibid.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    LOL
    You have to admire his honesty.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You have to admire his honesty.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen;

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Can we get a primary challenger PLEASE![/B]
    No need - he's retiring: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/u...pgtype=article

And that's the difference between the GOP and the DNC. The DNC won't give up a chair without a fight.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]