Thread: Paul Ryan Sides with Hillary: Shelves Bill to Deregulate Suppressors

Angry Paul Ryan Sides with Hillary: Shelves Bill to Deregulate Suppressors

Ryan has now shelved the Hearing Protection Act, which was introduced into Congress on January 9; it is the legislation containing suppressor deregulation. The Act does not legalize suppressors–as they are already legal–rather, it removes the burdensome process for acquiring them and erases the federal tax that must be paid in order to receive permission to posses one.

The Chicago Tribune tweeted:
    House Speaker Paul Ryan says NRA-backed bill to ease regulations on gun silencers is shelved indefinitely https://t.co/hfDb8elAl6 pic.twitter.com/zsdMo3OOEM
    — Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) October 3, 2017
    According to the Tribune, Ryan said of the legislation “is not scheduled right now. I don’t know when it will be scheduled.”

More at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-suppressors/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You watch...eight years of O Bomb Ya and not a single gun control bill gets passed.

The GOP in control across the board...add a mass shooting, and watch these spineless $#@!ers crimp and fold faster than a Chinese laundry.

Paul Ryan's love for America is deafening.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Reciprocal CCW is probably dead as well. How convenient.

That tweet of hers sowing fear over suppressors during the massacre is tucked away in the first few pages of the Vegas topic. They haven't even waited for the Official InvestigationTM to end? stupefying

Who's the President again @AuH20? Was it Hillary Trump? Dollary Clump? ...

A New Jersey Republican who supported two earlier efforts to weaken federal restrictions on gun ownership, will vote against legislation that would make it easier for shooters to buy silencers. Rep. Chris Smith, R-4th Dist., made public his opposition the Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreational Enhancement Act after the nation's worst mass shooting Sunday night in Las Vegas.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...egas_mass.html

NewJEXIT PLEASE!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are we gonna call this scumbag's office or what?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A New Jersey Republican who supported two earlier efforts to weaken federal restrictions on gun ownership, will vote against legislation that would make it easier for shooters to buy silencers. Rep. Chris Smith, R-4th Dist., made public his opposition the Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreational Enhancement Act after the nation's worst mass shooting Sunday night in Las Vegas.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...egas_mass.html

NewJEXIT PLEASE!

What about tucking do these $#@!s think will appeal to the voter?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What about tucking do these $#@!s think will appeal to the voter?
    Exactly.

As if any anti-gunners would be satisfied with anything but a Demoncrat in the seat

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Related: Nancy Pelosi: We Must Defeat Suppressor Deregulation Because an Angry Progressive Shot Steve Scalise

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-deregulation/

As Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) was welcomed back to Congress on September 28, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) pointed to the attack–in which a progressive shot Scalise–and argued that suppressors ought not be deregulated.
    It must be noted that a suppressor was not used when the attacker opened fire in Congressional baseball players on June 14.
    According to Roll Call, Pelosi said the GOP has placed suppressor deregulation “under the facade that it’s for hunters.” She then regurgitated the same false, leftist narrative that the result of suppressor regulation would be silenced, undetectable guns.
    She mentioned the shooting of Scalise and said, “If you can hear, you can run.” In other words, if the gun makes sound then you can flee the gunman.
    advertisement

A few points need to be made here. First, suppressors are not “silencers,” although Pelosi uses that word to describe them. Rather, they are suppressors; they muffle the sharp, ear-damaging shock wave that emanates from a gunshot but they do not eliminate the sound of the gunshot itself. Secondly, CBS News reported that Scalise was the first person shot–so the sound of the gunshot is a moot point; one cannot run once they have already been shot.
    Pelosi overlooked the fact that the Alexandria attacker was a Bernie Sanders supporter who was angry with the Republican Party. Instead, in an attack where a progressive opened fire on GOP Congressmen with a rifle that was not suppressed, Pelosi is criticizing suppressors.

The danger isn't that Republicans are going to pass gun control... in this political environment they won't.
    The danger is that Republicans will do nothing to advance the right to keep and bear arms using these tragedies as an excuse for their inaction.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Funny, the coincidences here, this just happens to go down when:

1. Scalise returns to a Congressional standing ovation.

2. A federal gun control bill is actually garnering support.

3. #HerpesHillary Tweets immediately following the incident.

4. The incident occurs in a gun free zone, within a gambling hotel that is owned by an anti-gun progressive with terrorist ties.

5. All the sordid connections coming out about the supposed shooter and his girlfriend, the conflicting reports during the incident, and the prolonged period of time that the incident went on for.

6. Past Democrat gun control attempts based on the emotional appeal of children and pregnant female victims have all failed, so this year the target seems to be the shooting of Republicans by loony Democrats and Liberals--ergo, so as to utterly scare the crap out of Republicans to get them to vote against their constituents or otherwise get them to reconsider them changing their evil ways.

ETA: Also The Wounded Knee Massacre of 1890 was the largest ever shootout on American soil, and it involved the U.S. Government's attempt at disarming Indians on their own land--the irony here is thick.
    Last edited by Weston White; 10-04-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

Downloading these once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    ETA: Also The Wounded Knee Massacre of 1890 was the largest ever shootout on American soil, and it involved the U.S. Government's attempt at disarming Indians on their own land--the irony here is thick.

+rep
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-04-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Just use earplugs or learn to Bow Hunt?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Just use earplugs or learn to Bow Hunt?
    Walker Game Ear, look it up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Walker Game Ear, look it up.
    $200 or $20... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    $200 or $20... hmm
    Just another option with it's own advantages, it enhances sounds that are useful, there are also cheaper competitors as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just another option with it's own advantages, it enhances sounds that are useful, there are also cheaper competitors as well.
    A silencer doesn't suppress useful sounds, and we can make them free from common scrap. That they look mean in movies isn't a cause to pass laws restricting retail silencers - unless somebody's constituents are brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    A silencer doesn't suppress useful sounds, and we can make them free from common scrap. That they look mean in movies isn't a cause to pass laws restricting retail silencers - unless somebody's constituents are brain dead.
    I'm on your side, I just want to spread the options around in case the silencer bill doesn't pass, you can never have too many options.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, options are the best - just not sure about ear plugs and bow hunting.

My brother bow hunts, I just rec shoot for sport, so I like the idea of suppressors more.