Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Mass Shooting Politicized

pcgame

Las Vegas Mass Shooting Politicized

Las Vegas Mass Shooting Politicized

VidMe link for people who do not want to support Google: https://vid.me/nYIlr

BitChute link for people who do not want to support Google: https://www.bitchute.com/video/nkwCtwwN_p0/

Last edited by pcgame; 10-03-2017 at 05:39 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course it has been politicized. Why do people act all shocked about this happening?

Things like this do demonstrate some contradictions though.

For example, how many here thing the CBS VP got what she deserved? How many of those same people thought it was terrible when Google fired that guy for contradicting their diversity policy? I bet there is more than a little overlap, and all of it hypocritical.

Which really is a great example of how corrupt politics are when put in action. Politics forces you to choose sides, making it an Us vs. Them issue, which in turn breeds contradiction and sows hypocrisy. It is how lies life the "Left v. Right" divide maintain such influence even when everyone rationally admits they're fallacious. But it is unsurprising. When you abandon principle the only result you can have is corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Of course it has been politicized. Why do people act all shocked about this happening?

Things like this do demonstrate some contradictions though.

For example, how many here thing the CBS VP got what she deserved? How many of those same people thought it was terrible when Google fired that guy for contradicting their diversity policy? I bet there is more than a little overlap, and all of it hypocritical.

Which really is a great example of how corrupt politics are when put in action. Politics forces you to choose sides, making it an Us vs. Them issue, which in turn breeds contradiction and sows hypocrisy. It is how lies life the "Left v. Right" divide maintain such influence even when everyone rationally admits they're fallacious. But it is unsurprising. When you abandon principle the only result you can have is corruption.
    Yeah, saying that uneven representation of women in tech might arise from something more natural than deliberate discrimination is EXACTLY like saying you are glad that innocent people were murdered
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

@PierzStyx doesn't give place to Intuition and Emotion, for knowledge is Reason's alone. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    @PierzStyx doesn't give place to Intuition and Emotion, for knowledge is Reason's alone. :P
    Too bad reason abandoned him long ago.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The question is not whether they'll let this perfectly good crisis go to waste. Naturally, they will not. The question is, was it manufactured to further a political agenda?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

pcgame

Updated original post with VidMe and BitChute links.

VidMe link for people who do not want to support Google: https://vid.me/nYIlr

BitChute link for people who do not want to support Google: https://www.bitchute.com/video/nkwCtwwN_p0/

For example, how many here thing the CBS VP got what she deserved? n.
    Uh, not me. She wasn't speaking on behalf of the network, it was her personal account.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Call for ban on 'bump stocks'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/call-ban-apos-bump-stocks-204251971.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unite? I don't remember Republicans ever wanting to unite after a mass shooting.

Gonna need to ban these, too...

Last edited by fedupinmo; 10-04-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Too bad reason abandoned him long ago.
    It is funny how those most blind are always the ones who insist they see everything. Enjoy the ditch.

Yeah, saying that uneven representation of women in tech might arise from something more natural than deliberate discrimination is EXACTLY like saying you are glad that innocent people were murdered
    Irrelevant. If you believed the freedom of speech applied equally you wouldn't be willing to punish one for using theirs in a way disapproved by you and reward anotehr for using theirs in a way you like. This is exactly how politics leads people into abandoning freedom for servility.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Uh, not me. She wasn't speaking on behalf of the network, it was her personal account.
    Raises hand as well.

I have been hollering for years about this: about how you employer does not "own" you.

Statements and activities that are not made on "company time" and do not concern company business, should have no bearing on what happens to you at work.

SHe wasn't speaking on behalf of the company but seeing as it is a public media company that relies of trust from the public for patronage, firing her sent the right message to the public that the company does not stand for that kind of speech.

Completely OK with letting her go.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    SHe wasn't speaking on behalf of the company but seeing as it is a public media company that relies of trust from the public for patronage, firing her sent the right message to the public that the company does not stand for that kind of speech.

She wasn't in a front-facing position. She is a corporate lawyer. Its not like CBS thinks people should like their lawyers. Don't get me wrong - I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I thought it was wrong when the Firefox guy was drummed out because he donated to an anti-gay marriage cause. I'm certainly not going to jump on the hypocrite train here.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Cue fake outrage. Maybe it would be better if the public did not trust the media and were a bit more critical about the news? Would it be too hard on the public?

Irrelevant. If you believed the freedom of speech applied equally you wouldn't be willing to punish one for using theirs in a way disapproved by you and reward anotehr for using theirs in a way you like. This is exactly how politics leads people into abandoning freedom for servility.
    An employer has every right to fire an employee for disgracing them by association, no one ever said Google didn't have a legal right to fire the man, they were just wrong and we have the right to criticize and boycott them, CBS would have been wrong to not fire the scum who celebrated the death of innocents and we would have been within our rights to criticize and boycott them, IT'S CALLED THE MARKET AT WORK, IT"S ALSO CALLED RIGHT AND WRONG, I know you struggle with both concepts but do try to study them before you embarrass yourself again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Raises hand as well.

I have been hollering for years about this: about how you employer does not "own" you.

Statements and activities that are not made on "company time" and do not concern company business, should have no bearing on what happens to you at work.
    She wasn't in a front-facing position. She is a corporate lawyer. Its not like CBS thinks people should like their lawyers. Don't get me wrong - I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I thought it was wrong when the Firefox guy was drummed out because he donated to an anti-gay marriage cause. I'm certainly not going to jump on the hypocrite train here.
    When you make a heinous enough public statement it reflects on your associates, a media company in particular is vulnerable to charges of bias, they had every right and were perfectly justified in firing her, the market would have punished them if they hadn't.

She brought this on herself by publicly exposing her evilness.

Much as I don't like the employers firing others for their innocuous opinions they also have that right, my right is to then criticize and boycott them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Cue fake outrage. Maybe it would be better if the public did not trust the media and were a bit more critical about the news? Would it be too hard on the public?
    They expose themselves sooner or later, we can't expect or require them to publicly declare their allegiance to the dark side.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

An employer has every right to fire an employee for disgracing them by association, no one ever said Google didn't have a legal right to fire the man, they were just wrong and we have the right to criticize and boycott them, CBS would have been wrong to not fire the scum who celebrated the death of innocents and we would have been within our rights to criticize and boycott them, IT'S CALLED THE MARKET AT WORK, IT"S ALSO CALLED RIGHT AND WRONG, I know you struggle with both concepts but do try to study them before you embarrass yourself again.
    @PierzStyx is talking about hypocrisy on our part- not whether it is right or wrong to fire someone for their POV.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    @PierzStyx is talking about hypocrisy on our part- not whether it is right or wrong to fire someone for their POV.
    And it is not hypocrisy for me to criticize the firing of someone who said something that was right and ignore or praise the firing of someone who said something heinous.

It's called right and wrong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And it is not hypocrisy for me to criticize the firing of someone who said something that was right and ignore or praise the firing of someone who said something heinous.

It's called right and wrong.
    So, try to explain that POV w/o name-calling and innuendos. That is ALSO a reflection of right and wrong.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But she was flying the corporate flag on that account. If she had said, 'Legal council for a major network', that would have been different. But she had a big, fat ad for CBS on that account.

I'd have fired her for being a damned lousy lawyer, if she couldn't see how flying the corporate flag above statements like that could be a liability to the company.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Newt Gingrich Wants More Gun Control Laws After Las Vegas Shooting

https://www.yahoo.com/news/even-gop-apos-newt-gingrich-191848644.html

Gov. Inslee calls for ban of firearm attachment Vegas gunman used

http://mynorthwest.com/773734/gov-inslee-calls-for-bump-stock-ban/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Representative Bill Flores (R-Texas) also called for a ban.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/even-gop-...191848644.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sen. Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Vegas shooting

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-feinstein-introducing-bill-ban-bump-stocks-vegas/story?id=50276506

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Representative Bill Flores (R-Texas) also called for a ban.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/even-gop-...191848644.html
    Interesting how few seem to comprehend that mass shootings always take place in gun-free zones.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast