Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump: “We’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by”

Exclamation Trump: “We’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by”

Trump says discussion of gun laws to come after Las Vegas massacre

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tm_medium=push

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 3, 2017

President Trump said Tuesday that his administration will weigh new gun laws in the wake of the Las Vegas massacre, as he praised police for the “miracle” of their quick response to the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

“We have a tragedy,” Mr. Trump told reporters at the White House. “We’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by.”

Asked about legislation on gun silencers, Mr. Trump replied, “We’ll talk about that later.”

Mr. Trump has consistently spoken out for Second Amendment rights as a candidate.

The president emphasized “the incredible job” done by Las Vegas police in the attack by a lone gunman that claimed at least 59 lives at an outdoor concert.

“How quickly the police department was able to get in was really very much of a miracle,” Mr. Trump said. “They’ve done an amazing job.”

He called the gunman, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, “a sick man, a demented man.” Paddock killed himself in his hotel room as police closed in.

He had “a lot of problems, I guess,” Mr. Trump said. “We’re looking into him very, very seriously. But we’re dealing with a very very sick individual.”

Mr. Trump will visit Las Vegas on Wednesday to meet with families of victims, first responders and police.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    trump = copsucker
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I think, going forward, people who are wealthy gamblers who have a father with a criminal record, should have to undergo additional layers of background checks before they can buy a weapon.

If we did, tragedies such as this could have been prevented.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

We're going to find out two things very soon.
    First, we'll find out whether Trump is really the political mastermind everyone thinks he is. Because if he comes out in favor of even one more restriction, he's not. Gun control pulled out Bill Clinton's teeth... I'm not sure how even a nominal Republican can think himself immune.

Second, we're going to find out whether his unmitigated support across the country is really without limits. He's going to say more stupid $#@! like this, and regardless whether he signs legislation, he's going to end up on the bad side of gun owners.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    trump = copsucker
    Shocked, I tell ya.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Shocked, I tell ya.
    His biggest selling point is and has always been that he is better(slightly to the point that u miss it if u blinked) than Hillary. Just so as long as he can convince his supporters that Hillary would have completely banned all gun, he can get away with banning everything except for muskets.

Who coulda knowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump, "The America We Deserve," 2000
    I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun...

...The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    “How quickly the police department was able to get in was really very much of a miracle,” Mr. Trump said. “They’ve done an amazing job.”
    Let us recite the Captive's Prayer:

Our Government who art in DeeCee, America was thy name.
    Thy bureaucracy came, our will undone, in Israel so go Congress.
    Give us this day our daily citation, and repeal our debt ceiling, as you go on taxing.
    Lead us not into Liberty, but deliver us from self-governance.
    For thine is the State, the welfare, and the wars forever. G-men.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-03-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: textus receptus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If he passes any form of gun control I think it will be a pretty good indication he is only running for one term.

If he caves I do not believe he could win the nomination in 2020 even if he tried. If he did win he would lose the general.

One can only hope he is just placating the gun grabbers and dangling the carrot to shut them up in thinking he will work with them. At least that would be the smart thing to do politically until this blows over.

It seems people here think republican voters are the same as libertarians when it comes to 2nd amendment. That's a false assumption. I believe there could be a compromise acceptable to most Republican voters and Trump supporters. Reagan banned full autos in 1986.

Who's talking about a republican primary? Trump will be the 2020 general election candidate no matter what anyone on this forum hopes or wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    It seems people here think republican voters are the same as libertarians when it comes to 2nd amendment. That's a false assumption...
    ... that nobody's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    ... that nobody's made.
    I quit confusing the two a long time ago.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    ... that nobody's made.
    Did I quote anyone? No. My point remains. What opinion do you bring to this thread?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Did I quote anyone? No. My point remains. What opinion do you bring to this thread?
    "It seems people here think republican voters are the same as libertarians when it comes to 2nd amendment."

Of course you didn't quote anyone, because nobody's said what you've perceived.

Gun control is dead in the water, the worst that will happen is that pro-gun bills get held up or die.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Gun control is dead in the water, the worst that will happen is that pro-gun bills get held up or die.
    That's what everybody said under Reagan when he banned the guns that allegedly were used in Las Vegas.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's what everybody said under Reagan when he banned the guns that allegedly were used in Las Vegas.
    We will see but this is not the 80's, the 2nd Amendment movement has made great strides since then.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

<<<Didn't vote for Trump

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Don't worry this is just Sandy Hook all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Don't worry this is just Sandy Hook all over again.
    I suspect we will see this cycle, till those who are setting this up, decide they've gotten what they want.

They can talk about it all they want. Call me when the rubber meets the road.

Maybe it's time for some common-sense gun laws like banning barrel shrouds, and other shoulder things that go up
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    <<<Didn't vote for Trump
    Congratulations, you're a Great American, unless you voted for Hillary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would this be a surprise?

His book documents his support of the AWB and dislike of the NRAint.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

The danger isn't that Republicans are going to pass gun control... in this political environment they won't.
    The danger is that Republicans will do nothing to advance the right to keep and bear arms using these tragedies as an excuse for their inaction.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Don't forget the explosives.

We need to make them illegal too. Or more illegal, if they already are.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Don't forget the explosives.

We need to make them illegal too. Or more illegal, if they already are.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    We're going to find out two things very soon.
    First, we'll find out whether Trump is really the political mastermind everyone thinks he is. Because if he comes out in favor of even one more restriction, he's not. Gun control pulled out Bill Clinton's teeth... I'm not sure how even a nominal Republican can think himself immune.

Second, we're going to find out whether his unmitigated support across the country is really without limits. He's going to say more stupid $#@! like this, and regardless whether he signs legislation, he's going to end up on the bad side of gun owners.
    Trump is absolutely a political mastermind. He knows the only time gun control has any support whatsoever is in the immediate aftermath of a major shooting, so what does he do? He says it is something we will talk about "latter". What happens latter? The normal dynamic returns and gun control doesn't have any popular support at all. Trump is doing the absolute smartest thing any pro-gun politician could be doing right now and some of you still criticize him for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast