Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 46

Thread: Underage teenager faces life as registered sex offender for having sex with underage girlfrien

  1. #1
    Supporting Member
    North Korea
    Lamp's Avatar


    Blog Entries
    2
    Posts
    2,425
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Exclamation Underage teenager faces life as registered sex offender for having sex with underage girlfrien

    https://www.freetalklive.com/


    https://injusticetoday.com/underage-...d-55c377ea9729

    A 14-year-old Houston teenager may be a registered sex offender for the rest of his life after he was charged with having sex with his 12-year-old girlfriend.
    The seventh grader, whose name has not been revealed, has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child. His girlfriend is in the sixth grade, the Houston Chronicle said.
    “He had consensual sex with his little girlfriend and he loved her. They were boyfriend-girlfriend,” the teen’s mother said.
    Texas law has the “Romeo and Juliet” exception, which means that having sex with a juvenile under the age of consent is not illegal, if you’re less than three years older than the person who is under the age of consent.
    But that law only applies if both sexual partners are at least 14. If you’re 13 or younger, the Romeo and Juliet exception isn’t valid.
    “The idea that a 14-year-old who has sex with a person just a little bit younger than him or her would be treated as the worst of the worst in our society and placed on the sex offender registry is really sick,” said the teenager’s attorney, Joseph Gutheinz. “If he has sex with someone who is younger by just days but is still 13 years old, he could be charged with one of the most serious offenses we have. It just blows my mind.”
    The arrest occurred in May but Gutheinz confirmed to In Justice Today that the case was still pending. He expressed frustration that the case had not been resolved.
    “This is a good kid,” Gutheinz said. “He shouldn’t have to go through this.”
    Gutheinz told In Justice Today that children in this situation have no idea they’re committing a crime until after the fact.
    “These kids don’t understand the law,” he said. “They’re only really worried about mom and dad finding out.”
    Gutheinz said he was seeking to resolve the case in a way that ensured that the teenager would not have to be a registered sex offender.
    The office of Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg has not commented on the case.
    Jackie Stewart Gravois, an attorney with the Harris County Public Defender’s Office, told the Houston Chronicle that judges don’t usually make juveniles register as sex offenders in cases like this. Judges have the final say in whether someone will be a registered sex offenders.
    “Very rarely do the juvenile judges in Harris County force anyone to register,” she said. “They usually delay it and send them to sex offender treatment and then make a decision.”
    But Ira Ellman, a professor at the UC–Berkeley School of Law, told In Justice Today it’s not unusual to see 14-year-olds charged as sex offenders and facing life on the sex offender registry.
    Some reports, including one from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, have found that the age with the highest number of people arrested for a sex offense is 14, Ellman said.
    The Marshall Project recently reported that more than 800,000 people were on sex offender registry lists nationwide.
    “And contrary to popular belief, violent serial pedophiles do not fill the ranks of the registered,” wrote David Feige, who did the report. “Rather, a wide swath of sexual thoughts and actions can lead to the lifetime of stigmatization that being on the sex offender registry entails.”
    Last edited by Lamp; 10-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    why is only the boy charged?

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    why is only the boy charged?
    #triggered

  5. #4

    Default

    These maps are from 2014. Good representations of Americans' pettiness.




















    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ation_and.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I do think that ID should be required for certain things like carrying a concealed weapon...




    Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

  6. #5

    Default

    I don't like the idea of young teens having sex but there should be no charges for consensual sex. Period. Much less charged with the same charge reserved for actual rapists.

    If anything it's a failure of the parents to teach morality but that's a subjective opinion based on my own beliefs.

    What I find fascinating is that people really believe that a crime occurs when two people willingly engage in sex or transactions that affect nobody but themselves. By definition, a crime is what happens when someone is an unwilling victim of an action that harms them. Oh well this society is too far gone. Hope the boy's attorney gets him out of this easy...
    No - No - No - No
    2016

  7. #6

    Default

    This is when a teen has made an uninformed choice. The question should always be, "What are the potential consequences of having sex with my girlfriend?" Pregnancy? Disease? Prosecution?

    The next question would then be, "Am I willing to risk my entire future for this experience right now?"

    If a kid needs parental permission to have his/her ears pierced, he/she is too young to have sex. If he's 14, then she was not 14. How old is she? 12? That's not old enough to make an informed decision. It sure isn't the age of consent.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-03-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is when a teen has made an uninformed choice. The question should always be, "What are the potential consequences of having sex with my girlfriend?" Pregnancy? Disease? Prosecution?

    The next question would then be, "Am I willing to risk my entire future for this experience right now?"

    If a kid needs parental permission to have his/her ears pierced, he/she is too young to have sex. If he's 14, then she was not 14. How old is she? 12? That's not old enough to make an informed decision. It sure isn't the age of consent.
    Of course. It's a bad decision made by two horny teens. It's sad that this is how they feel they have to express "love" but it's what is plastered all over everything they read, watch, and listen to.

    But is he a monster?
    No - No - No - No
    2016

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If a kid needs parental permission to have his/her ears pierced, he/she is too young to have sex. If he's 14, then she was not 14. How old is she? 12? That's not old enough to make an informed decision. It sure isn't the age of consent.
    Just FWIW, there are 12 yr old girls more mature and more manipulative than some 14yr old boys. They should both be charged if either one is charged, demonstrating the insanity of it all.

  10. #9

    Default

    I would like to know if this is his first warning and also I would want to hear from the girls parents. If this is one of those cases where a horny teenagers just kept pushing his luck, then I say make an example of him.
    Last edited by juleswin; 10-03-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Just FWIW, there are 12 yr old girls more mature and more manipulative than some 14yr old boys. They should both be charged if either one is charged, demonstrating the insanity of it all.
    That may well be true, but that's not the point of the article. At one point the word "children" is used to describe this couple. Since when are children able to consent to anything? If the lawyer really wanted to make a compelling case he should have used language that paints them as old enough and mature enough to do what they did.

    As a parent, if I have to bear any of the consequences of my child's behavior, then it becomes my decision. Clearly at 14 the boy was not able to support a wife and child if that had been the result of their action. Who would have been forced to pay for medical care if one or both of them came down with an STD? Clearly the parents would have had to provide that support. No, sir, if a person is not willing and able to bear the potential consequence of the behavior, they should not do it.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  12. #11

    Default



    My name's [redacted] I'm just 14
    And my big crime was showing her mine
    If that don't spook ya here's what will
    I learned all I know from uncle Bill
    If they put me in the system well that's OK
    After years of therapy I'll turn out gay
    They fought the Wars
    They lost.
    They turned friends
    into enemies.
    Who became
    friends of our enemies.
    They stood alone, in splendid isolation,
    And said it was their only choice.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That may well be true, but that's not the point of the article. At one point the word "children" is used to describe this couple. Since when are children able to consent to anything? If the lawyer really wanted to make a compelling case he should have used language that paints them as old enough and mature enough to do what they did.

    As a parent, if I have to bear any of the consequences of my child's behavior, then it becomes my decision. Clearly at 14 the boy was not able to support a wife and child if that had been the result of their action. Who would have been forced to pay for medical care if one or both of them came down with an STD? Clearly the parents would have had to provide that support. No, sir, if a person is not willing and able to bear the potential consequence of the behavior, they should not do it.
    What does any of this have to do with being registered as a sex offender for the rest of your life?

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I would like to know if this is his first warning and also I would want to hear from the girls parents. If this is one of those cases where a horny teenagers just kept pushing his lock, then I say make an example of him.
    But not her....clearly you have never raised kids and have forgotten your own youth.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I would like to know if this is his first warning and also I would want to hear from the girls parents. If this is one of those cases where a horny teenagers just kept pushing his lock, then I say make an example of him.
    Of course you do.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    But not her....clearly you have never raised kids and have forgotten your own youth.
    I was talking about a scenario where the guy had been warned and didn't heed the warning. Yes, if the news had been of a woman who was arrested for having sex with underage guys, then I think I would have said the same thing for the girl.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Of course you do.
    Spare the rod, spoil the child. This is how you prevent creating a new generation of degenerates and reprobates.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Spare the rod, spoil the child. This is how you prevent creating a new generation of degenerates and reprobates.
    How many generations, exactly, do you think that human teenagers have been $#@!ing?
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  19. #18

    Default

    How'd they get caught anyway?

    Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How many generations, exactly, do you think that human teenagers have been $#@!ing?
    lol
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What does any of this have to do with being registered as a sex offender for the rest of your life?
    Nothing.

    We also live in an age of society keeping childhood extended. At one time a 14 yr old took over the family business, plowed the fields and was married.
    There is no spoon.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I was talking about a scenario where the guy had been warned and didn't heed the warning. Yes, if the news had been of a woman who was arrested for having sex with underage guys, then I think I would have said the same thing for the girl.
    You can't possibly be this stupid, they are both underaged, girls mature younger than boys and it takes two to tango. They're only two years apart.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You can't possibly be this stupid, they are both underaged, girls mature younger than boys and it takes two to tango. They're only two years apart.
    No I am not this stupid but good on your for not underestimating the stupidity of the average man. Yes, it takes 2 to tango and its common knowledge that girls mature faster than boys. But if there is a scenario where one party is clearly the pursuit-er(usually the guy), said party has been warned to stay away or else consequences and they refuse. I am totally OK when that party is severely punished for his/her actions.

    That is the sort of scenario I was looking for when I replied. If that is stupid in your book, then crown me the king of stupid(new danke sig )
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    No I am not this stupid but good on your for not underestimating the stupidity of the average man. Yes, it takes 2 to tango and its common knowledge that girls mature faster than boys. But if there is a scenario where one party is clearly the pursuit-er(usually the guy), said party has been warned to stay away or else consequences and they refuse. I am totally OK when that party is severely punished for his/her actions.

    That is the sort of scenario I was looking for when I replied. If that is stupid in your book, then crown me the king of stupid(new danke sig )
    Ok, consider yourself crowned. You're automatically assuming it's all on the guy and the girl is just a innocent that was taken advantage of. Why don't you go ask a woman what the likelihood of that is? And anyone who thinks a 14 year old should be branded a sex offender for life in this case has no business being on a forum that's supposed to be for liberty because he or she is calling for a extremely authoritarian government solution to a family matter.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ok, consider yourself crowned. You're automatically assuming it's all on the guy and the girl is just a innocent that was taken advantage of. Why don't you go ask a woman what the likelihood of that is? And anyone who thinks a 14 year old should be branded a sex offender for life in this case has no business being on a forum that's supposed to be for liberty because he or she is calling for a extremely authoritarian government solution to a family matter.
    Yes, I assume its the guy chasing because guys generally have a stronger libido than women and thus are usually the chasers especially at a younger age. Are there exceptions to this rule? ofc there are but playing the law of averages, guys are generally going to be the pursuiter 51+ percent of the time. I am not going to ask any women the likelihood of anything cos my experience is more extensive than any answer I can get from a few women willing to answer.

    Hold your horses mate, I never actually said he should be branded as a sex offender. I didn't comment on that part of the story just that he(if he was a warned pursuiter) should be made an example of.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Yes, I assume its the guy chasing because guys generally have a stronger libido than women and thus are usually the chasers especially at a younger age. Are there exceptions to this rule? ofc there are but playing the law of averages, guys are generally going to be the pursuiter 51+ percent of the time. I am not going to ask any women the likelihood of anything cos my experience is more extensive than any answer I can get from a few women willing to answer.

    Hold your horses mate, I never actually said he should be branded as a sex offender. I didn't comment on that part of the story just that he(if he was a warned pursuiter) should be made an example of.
    LMAO. Are you trying to be the Texan these days?
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    LMAO. Are you trying to be the Texan these days?
    Geeze, Louis. Take your mind out of the gutter m8, I was actually talking about my life experience not my sexual life experience.
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Spare the rod, spoil the child. This is how you prevent creating a new generation of degenerates and reprobates.
    There is no faster way to build a reprobate than to throw them in the prison/industrial complex.

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There is no faster way to build a reprobate than to throw them in the prison/industrial complex.
    But if you make an example of that person, more people see it and it would reduce the likelihood of other following the bad behaviour. 1 reprobate is created while multitude of other budding ones are halted from growing. Win, win, win, win .................................................. .................................... ............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... lose
    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.
    My Che avatar is my unique way of giving a big middle finger to the, the neocons, the globalists, imperialists and most importantly to the left and right political establishment who hate his guts till this day. My admiration for him ends where his anti imperialist pro communism ideology starts.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Yes, I assume its the guy chasing because guys generally have a stronger libido than women and thus are usually the chasers especially at a younger age. Are there exceptions to this rule? ofc there are but playing the law of averages, guys are generally going to be the pursuiter 51+ percent of the time. I am not going to ask any women the likelihood of anything cos my experience is more extensive than any answer I can get from a few women willing to answer.

    Hold your horses mate, I never actually said he should be branded as a sex offender. I didn't comment on that part of the story just that he(if he was a warned pursuiter) should be made an example of.
    What the he'll do you think this thread is about? ( hint, It's about branding a 14 year old as a sex offender for life )

    So just what did you mean by making an example out of him? Since the thread is about branding him as a sex offender maybe you should be more clear if you mean something else.

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    How'd they get caught anyway?
    Mom found condoms? Juliet bragged about it in homeroom? Romeo told his friends in the team? All it takes is one SJW to overhear some gossip and take it to PC Principal's office. This was never a matter for anybody except the parents to take over, so something tells me the school system got involved early and ratted them out.
    They fought the Wars
    They lost.
    They turned friends
    into enemies.
    Who became
    friends of our enemies.
    They stood alone, in splendid isolation,
    And said it was their only choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. NC - Teacher arrested for sex with underage students
    By Anti Federalist in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 09:01 AM
  2. "you'll spend the rest of your life as a registered sex offender."
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  3. Poll: Underage drinking
    By jmhudak17 in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 03:36 PM
  4. Using surveillance to catch underage smokers
    By Primbs in forum Individual Rights Violations: Case Studies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
  5. underage drinking
    By Freedom 4 all in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •