Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMZ reporting Tom Petty 'brain dead' pulled off life support

Default TMZ reporting Tom Petty 'brain dead' pulled off life support

We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.

We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/02/tom-pe...ardiac-arrest/
    Freedom index

~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dang. That's out of the blue. RIP, my brother.

Carpe Diem!

Sad to hear to be sure.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

If freedom isn't free, it isn't liberty - its license.

"And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

He's been brain dead for years. Another performer who ruined music fr me by injecting himself into politics.

Bye Tom.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Iconic musician Tom Petty, 66, removed from life support after being found unconscious following a cardiac arrest at his Malibu home
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4uOGh47lY

RIP

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Legendary.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He's been brain dead for years. Another performer who ruined music fr me by injecting himself into politics.

Bye Tom.

You meanie.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    You do know that you [dannno] are a moron right?
    I love Che because...
    ...he did that which I was too cowardly afraid to do
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I can't seem to post video's from the phone so I'll post a link for now, RIP Tom.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myrcSyLMowE

(edited for Danke)

Last edited by Origanalist; 10-02-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen;

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I can't seem to post video's from the phone...

That's a good thing.
    You do know that you [dannno] are a moron right?
    I love Che because...
    ...he did that which I was too cowardly afraid to do
    Just for the record, 99% of the time I say "In my country........" I am actually messing with you people because I know you guys have absolutely no idea what happens in my country.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

$#@! this day in news...just $#@! it.

RIP Tom.

Damn. So many. Greatness.

Yes, today is definitely a very sad news day.

BTW, I worked at the Westside Pavilion during the filming of this video and I knew the guy with the white shirt and black tie at 3:31 in this vid.

"May your kingdom come. May your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
    – Jesus (Matthew 6:10)

"The vegetarian movement ought to fill with gladness the souls of those who have at heart the realization of God's kingdom upon earth, not because vegetarianism itself is such an important step towards the realization of this kingdom (all real steps are equally important or unimportant), but because it serves as a criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of man is genuine and sincere.

For if a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals."
    – Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You meanie.
    Guess I was not going to be able to lure her away with Petty tickets .LOL

Another favorite:

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Petty dropped out of school at 17 and worked as a grave digger . First two bands were The Epics and Mudcrutch . By '77 - '78 he was in the bigtime with hits like Breakdown , Don't Do Me Like That , I Need To Know and Refugee all out within about a two or three year period .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-02-2017 at 06:02 PM.

As of now, his death has not been confirmed… Well at least according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty
    "May your kingdom come. May your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
    – Jesus (Matthew 6:10)

"The vegetarian movement ought to fill with gladness the souls of those who have at heart the realization of God's kingdom upon earth, not because vegetarianism itself is such an important step towards the realization of this kingdom (all real steps are equally important or unimportant), but because it serves as a criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of man is genuine and sincere.

For if a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals."
    – Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What about with yer money and yer cocaine?

Brain dead can't be all that bad. A few with that condition regularly post on this very forum.

Ha! I saw him live a few times. Somewhere in my clutter i have a picture I took of my friend standing beside him. Back before selfies.
    * Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.

* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.

* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.

* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.

Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    As of now, his death has not been confirmed… Well at least according to Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty
    Yeah the MSM is reporting that he's on life support.

Petty dropped out of school at 17 and worked as a grave digger . First two bands were The Epics and Mudcrutch . By '77 - '78 he was in the bigtime with hits like Breakdown , Don't Do Me Like That , I Need To Know and Refugee all out within about a two or three year period .
    He looks like a grave digger.

Fake news?

I always thought so . His guitar teacher was Don Felder ( Eagles ) , they were both from Gainesville .

I think he worked a bit too as a groundskeeper at the University .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast