Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you go about tracking the person who stole your phone?

What does the phone company say?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well see there. Android Lost. If my phone were worth more than the $20 I paid for it or wasn't 4 yrs. out of date to the "latest greatest" I might consider it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone lost a cell phone at a large event in the dark. A friend found it on the ground. She was carrying it around to see if someone would call it so she could return it to them. A woman called, and right after answering, the woman went on a profanity laced tirade that she would find her and kick her ass or something for stealing the phone. Phone went into the next garbage can we ran across.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What does the phone company say?
    They terminated the service for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Do you have app on your ipad for that?
    It's an android phone. I have no iCrap devices.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    They terminated the service for me.
    They should blacklist the IMEI of the phone.

Where do you think HB left it?

Enough with the sass, oldster, or you'll find a Walmartian bomb in your pm's.

Pretty sure this is where he lives. It's the coordinates the phone pinged from early this morning. (about 8 AM)

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They should blacklist the IMEI of the phone.
    This. They should do it by default if he reported it stolen.

How did you get his selfie?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You guys don't have grass out there?

Pretty sure this is where he lives. It's the coordinates the phone pinged from early this morning. (about 8 AM)

You need to check it out later . Could be his girlfriends house .

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    You guys don't have grass out there?
    I had an Uncle who retired to Phoenix . His whole yard was just different shades of beige gravel and some cactus .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I had an Uncle who retired to Phoenix . His whole yard was just different shades of beige gravel and some cactus .
    That's called "zeroscaping". A lot of people do that because it's cheap. People who have grass lawns are usually the folks with extra money to burn on watering their lawns.

That's called "zeroscaping". A lot of people do that because it's cheap. People who have grass lawns are usually the folks with extra money to burn on watering their lawns.
    Zeroscaping, or xeriscaping?

So you aren't getting the phone back? Damn. I hate it when the bad guys win.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Zeroscaping, or xeriscaping?

So you aren't getting the phone back? Damn. I hate it when the bad guys win.
    Zeroscaping. I'm not going to give up, but in the meantime I need to get a new phone. Since I've never had this problem before, I've got to do some ruminating and research on exactly how to handle this guy with minimal risk to myself.

The last ping from the device came from 11001 N 17th Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85029. I believe it's inactive nao. I told my provider about the situation and they said they would shut it down *later*.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 09-30-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Be careful HB , Queequeg has had time to seek power from Yojo . May be destined to make a clean get away with the phone .

Be careful HB , Queequeg has had time to seek power from Yojo . May be destined to make a clean get away with the phone .
    LOL I just had an idea-I could write a snail mail letter to his home addy and demand the phone be returned to neutral territory (i.e. a police station) for me to pick up. Intimidating and nifty, eh, uncle Oyarde?

ETA: I could also include his picture to prove I know who he is-implying too that I could find and kill him.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 09-30-2017 at 04:52 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whats wrong with its ears ?
    Looks like it has pull tabs in them.

street level shot of the creepy crook's house:

Zeroscaping. I'm not going to give up, but in the meantime I need to get a new phone. Since I've never had this problem before, I've got to do some ruminating and research on exactly how to handle this guy with minimal risk to myself.

The last ping from the device came from 11001 N 17th Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85029. I believe it's inactive nao. I told my provider about the situation and they said they would shut it down *later*.
    I'd bet Reddit would have some interesting ideas.

I'll repeat, how did you get his selfie on your phone that was stolen?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'll repeat, how did you get his selfie on your phone that was stolen?
    If you had read the FIRST $#@!ING POST, you'd know I used Prey. It's installed on my phone. But ghey danke can't be bothered to read, the special snowflake he is. https://www.preyproject.com/
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 09-30-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LGBTQHB View Post
    If you had read the FIRST $#@!ING POST, you'd know I used Prey. It's installed on my phone. https://www.preyproject.com/

Sorry, I should have known you were so sensitive.

I can track the phone with Prey, so I know where it is. Any suggestions on how to handle the situation?

Without any explanation am I the only one who did not know what prey is? That besides tracking as mentioned you can also see a selfie he took?
    Last edited by Danke; 09-30-2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I had an idea today, uncle oyarde. Since I know where he lives and what he looks like, I can send him scary AF snail mail letters. The important part will be handling the materials with gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints-and to use cut out letters from magazines and whatnot so the paper can't be traced to my printer, IMO.

Sorry, I should have known you were so sensitive.
    Generally I'm not. But you test my patience sometimes. Especially when I'm already cranky from dealing with a lot of stressful $#@!.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good God man!

I'm an old fart and I'd be banging on his door the moment I knew where my $#@! was.

Stop second guessing yourself and go get your $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Good God man!

I'm an old fart and I'd be banging on his door the moment I knew where my $#@! was.

Stop second guessing yourself and go get your $#@!.
    Did you see that guy's picture though? He looks like an 8 foot tall 300 lb cannibal.

I do think that HP should try to get his phone back somehow though.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Did you see that guy's picture though? He looks like an 8 foot tall 300 lb cannibal.

Doesn't matter how big he is...

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post

He probably pick pocketed HB when he was getting one of HB's hugs
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast