Thread: Mystery Surrounds Metal Towers Popping Up In Tunnels & Bridges

Default Mystery Surrounds Metal Towers Popping Up In Tunnels & Bridges

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/09/...-metal-towers/

September 27, 2017

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Mysterious metal towers are popping up at local tunnels, and soon they’ll start appearing at bridges, too.

But even people on the MTA board in charge of the towers can’t say why they’re being used or what’s in them, CBS2’s Dave Carlin reports.

Jose Lugo said the tall metal towers quickly appeared up after the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel tolls booths came down.

“We don’t really know what’s the purpose of this,” he told Carlin.

It’s a $100 million MTA project shrouded in secrecy, with 18 of them for tunnels and bridges. So what are they exactly?

The MTA’s man in charge of the bridges and tunnels, Cedrick Fulton, dodged Carlin’s questions Wednesday.

“I said no comment,” he said.

Some MTA board members, including New York City Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg, say they know too little about the towers – even with half the money already spent and some of the towers already up.

“A lot of the board members felt they didn’t have all the details they would have wanted, myself included,” she said.

Residents suspect there is much more going on in the towers than meets the eye and wonder if they’ll ever really know what’s going on inside of them.

“I’m going to guess that it’s not just a decoration,” Alyssa Renkas, of the Upper West Side, said.

“It’s a bit mind-boggling that the MTA is approving $100 million for what appears to us to be big, decorative pylons,” says John Kaehny, the leader of the watchdog group Reinvent Albany. “What we’re asking for is transparency from the MTA.”

CBS2 demanded answers from MTA Chairman Joe Lhota.

Carlin: “Some of your own board members say they don’t know the specifics.”

Lhota: “The base of these new pieces that are going up include whatever fiber optics are necessary for those Homeland Security items.”

In other words, anti-terror technology. Could that one day include facial recognition? We don’t know and Lhota won’t say.

“I’m not at liberty to discuss that,” he told Carlin.

So as more of these expensive towers rise, the mystery is tucked away inside them.

Lhota said all necessary Homeland Security technology remains in place at all crossings, even the ones that don’t have the new towers yet.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Default To Civilize Man

If freedom isn't free, it isn't liberty - its license.

"And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

I'm sure it's some kind of creepy Big Brother surveillance tech.

I bet a 1/2 ton truck, a log chain, and an evening in the woods would help determine what those things are. Too bad there's no good ole boys in NYC.
    I do not consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I bet a 1/2 ton truck, a log chain, and an evening in the woods would help determine what those things are. Too bad there's no good ole boys in NYC.
    My guess: it is V2V monitoring of every vehicle that goes by.

Which will be followed by V2V control.

What is V2V you ask?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2017...cling-tightly/

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2012...by-you-anyhow/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm sure it's some kind of creepy Big Brother surveillance tech.
    Has to be , otherwise they would just say .

They can probably use this later too for tolls after they scan the license plates and mail the bill .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They can probably use this later too for tolls after they scan the license plates and mail the bill .
    Nah, those are already in place, and have to look down.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    My guess: it is V2V monitoring of every vehicle that goes by.

Which will be followed by V2V control.

What is V2V you ask?

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2017...cling-tightly/

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2012...by-you-anyhow/
    Yeah, that's gotta be what it is.

"And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."
    - Joel Stein, LA TIMES

"Man on the ground."

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-28-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Carpe Diem!

The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They “host cameras, traffic monitoring and other equipment related to homeland security that would otherwise have been hosted by the former toll booth structures,” said MTA spokesman Shams Tarek at the time.

Cuomo unveiled the "transformational" New York Crossings plan to great fanfare last October, during a press conference at the New-York Historical Society.

The MTA, which Cuomo effectively controls, would replace its toll booths with gantry-mounted cameras capable of reading E-ZPasses and license plates. And it would decorate its bridges and tunnels with dancing LED lights that change color in synchrony with those on the Empire State Building and One World Trade.

Using more expensive tiles, the governor would also make the Queens Midtown and Brooklyn Battery tunnel look better. MTA documents later revealed that part of his tunnel redecoration would include the towers at the entries to both tunnels, which were described as simply “architectural” in nature.

The towers would “create a unifying theme for the various bridges and tunnels,” read the April minutes to the MTA’s bridges and tunnels committee.

The overall cost for both New York Crossings and the “architectural” tower component of the project , has, however, remained a mystery.

http://www.politico.com/states/new-y...a-board-114410

- Joel Stein, LA TIMES

Automated cars
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...cars-big-apple

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday granted GM’s Cruise Automation division permission to begin testing fully autonomous vehicles on New York City roads – meaning GM will become the first automaker to begin testing autonomous cars in the northeast.
    Likely other spy tech and sensors integrated too.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-18-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals