Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Goodbye Pittsburgh Steelers, burn in hell!' upset NFL fans torch their gear, NFL ratings fall

This seems to be getting serious:

By Jonathan Berr MoneyWatch September 29, 2017, 2:13 PM

NFL national anthem protest denting ticket sales

Operators of two of the largest U.S. ticket marketplaces say they are seeing declines in orders for NFL games amid festering controversy over the national anthem.
    NFL ticket sales at TickPick slumped 17.9 percent this week compared with the prior week, their steepest decline since 2014, while sales at TicketCity plunged 31 percent.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-nat...-ticket-sales/

NFL Boycott Declared For Veterans Day Weekend, Nearly 75,000 Vow Support

September 27, 2017 2:52 PM
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Tens of thousands upset over NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem are planning a boycott of the NFL.
    A Facebook group now has more than 70,000 members calling for a boycott of all NFL games on Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 12-13.
    The group is encouraging people to avoid watching football on both Sunday and Monday to show support for veterans.
    The Facebook event states: “We will be not be watching or listening to NFL games on November 12th in solidarity with veterans around the country, as football players have continued to disrespect the national anthem, the American flag, and everything our nation stands for.”

Area restaurant boycotting NFL games draws large crowd

• Max Filby
    • Thomas Gnau Staff Writer

2:27 p.m Friday, Sept. 29, 2017
    Beef O’Brady’s file photo
    The owner of Beef O’Brady’s restaurant in Beavercreek said he had a large crowd Thursday night following his declaration that he will not air NFL games while players protest during the playing of the national anthem.
    “The response was just remarkable last night. We had people coming in that had never been to our restaurant,” said Beef O’Brady’s owner Bill DeFries, who estimated the eatery did three times the business it normally does on a Thursday night.

Related

As another NFL Sunday begins, the anthem protest debate continues in Baltimore

By Mark Maske and Dave Sheinin October 1 at 1:46 PM

Gail Heiss and Micheal Goldberg hold up signs urging players to stand up before the Ravens and Steelers played in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-in-baltimore/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This seems to be getting serious:

By Jonathan Berr MoneyWatch September 29, 2017, 2:13 PM

NFL national anthem protest denting ticket sales

Operators of two of the largest U.S. ticket marketplaces say they are seeing declines in orders for NFL games amid festering controversy over the national anthem.
    NFL ticket sales at TickPick slumped 17.9 percent this week compared with the prior week, their steepest decline since 2014, while sales at TicketCity plunged 31 percent.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-nat...-ticket-sales/

NFL Boycott Declared For Veterans Day Weekend, Nearly 75,000 Vow Support

September 27, 2017 2:52 PM

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Tens of thousands upset over NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem are planning a boycott of the NFL.
    A Facebook group now has more than 70,000 members calling for a boycott of all NFL games on Veterans Day weekend, Nov. 12-13.
    The group is encouraging people to avoid watching football on both Sunday and Monday to show support for veterans.
    The Facebook event states: “We will be not be watching or listening to NFL games on November 12th in solidarity with veterans around the country, as football players have continued to disrespect the national anthem, the American flag, and everything our nation stands for.”

Area restaurant boycotting NFL games draws large crowd

• Max Filby
    • Thomas Gnau Staff Writer

2:27 p.m Friday, Sept. 29, 2017
    Beef O’Brady’s file photo
    The owner of Beef O’Brady’s restaurant in Beavercreek said he had a large crowd Thursday night following his declaration that he will not air NFL games while players protest during the playing of the national anthem.
    “The response was just remarkable last night. We had people coming in that had never been to our restaurant,” said Beef O’Brady’s owner Bill DeFries, who estimated the eatery did three times the business it normally does on a Thursday night.
    The protest worked so well that the owner made a decision on the spot to never again have NFelonsL games in his restaurant. He looked at the research and realized that he could afford losing the business of woemen, manjinas and minorities

Federal bailout is the answer.

Or a mandate to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Yep, and buying brand new merchandise to replace their burned $#@!.
    Actually, you are more likely to go back to the NFL if you sell as opposed to burning your NFL merchandise. I would wager good money that the population who quit the NFL without destroying their merchandise would have a high rate of relapse than those who quit the NFL and destroyed their merchandise.

So it might sound crazy but those guys know what they are doing

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In related news, media owners may be more likely to listen to the former respected leader of the don't-politicize-everything movement , Barack "if I had a son/bring back our girls" Obama than Trump:

Obama Bemoans Politics of Trump Versus NFL: ‘Can’t Even Get It Out of Football’

BY: David Rutz
    September 26, 2017
    Former President Barack Obama on Monday bemoaned the fight over kneeling during the national anthem between President Donald Trump and the NFL, saying the country can't even keep politics out of football.
    Obama spoke at a health care conference sponsored by brokerage firm Cantor-Fitzgerald, for which he was paid $400,000. While his prepared remarks centered on health care, the New York Times noted that at the end of his speech, he alluded to the controversy embroiling the NFL.

"Our big problem right now is politics," he said. "Can't even get it out of football!"

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Surprising blow back. The fans side with Trump. I'm starting to think maybe he does play 4-D chess.
    Trump handed the NFL a loaded pistol, and the NFL defiantly shot itself in the head.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Trump handed the NFL a loaded pistol, and the NFL defiantly shot itself in the head.
    These protests seem dangerous also especially considering what heppened to French minority athlete Nicolas Anelka after his protest on the field. What if someone accidentally or due to muscle malfunction forgot to close fist when photos are being taken:

Browns players raise their fists in protest during the national anthem. A better way to protest?
    Photo: Josh Gunter
    1:19 PM - Oct 1, 2017

Nicolas Anelka banned and fined £80,000 for 'quenelle' gesture - BBC

www.bbc.com/sport/football/26326484

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    It makes me quite happy to see this league implode!

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In related news, media owners may be more likely to listen to the former respected leader of the don't-politicize-everything movement , Barack "if I had a son/bring back our girls" Obama than Trump:

Obama Bemoans Politics of Trump Versus NFL: ‘Can’t Even Get It Out of Football’

BY: David Rutz
    September 26, 2017
    Former President Barack Obama on Monday bemoaned the fight over kneeling during the national anthem between President Donald Trump and the NFL, saying the country can't even keep politics out of football.
    Obama spoke at a health care conference sponsored by brokerage firm Cantor-Fitzgerald, for which he was paid $400,000. While his prepared remarks centered on health care, the New York Times noted that at the end of his speech, he alluded to the controversy embroiling the NFL.

"Our big problem right now is politics," he said. "Can't even get it out of football!"
    Wait, did he really say that?

He had his swarms of SJWs mobilized and motivated to push politics into everything, everywhere, all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Surprising blow back. The fans side with Trump. I'm starting to think maybe he does play 4-D chess.
    Or rather the vocal fans? I don't think all of the "protestors" supporting Obamacare at republican town hall meetings proves anything either. Whoever is feeling the most butthurt at any given moment is the side who "protests." I already know people who were planning on boycotting the NFL prior to Trump's statements but doing it in support of Kaepernick. As far as I know, Kaepernick hasn't been picked up. So.....who's protesting what?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

People are just tired of all the black power this and black lives matter that.

Injecting racism during one of what many view as a somewhat sacred moment at the beginning of the football game is childish and I think people are tired of the amount of attention these attention seekers are getting. People love their USA and football. The BLM stuff is distracting and annoying.
    No - No - No - No

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123