Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Goodbye Pittsburgh Steelers, burn in hell!' upset NFL fans torch their gear, NFL ratings fall

'Goodbye Pittsburgh Steelers, burn in hell!' upset NFL fans torch their gear, NFL ratings fall

This is getting bit crazy, videos at link below:

'Goodbye Pittsburgh Steelers, burn in hell!' NFL fans upset over national anthem protests torch their gear

President Donald Trump's criticism of NFL players who protest the national anthem has sparked strong reactions, to say the least.

His comments prompted many more NFL players to take a knee -- and some teams to stay off the field altogether -- while the anthem was played during Sunday’s games. But they have also prompted many fans to weigh in on social media. Of those upset with the NFL, some are expressing the ultimate form of protest for a sports fan: burning their own team gear and jerseys.

The criticism has been especially fierce from some Pittsburgh Steelers fans. Playing the Bears in Chicago, the team stayed in the tunnel during the national anthem except for one player, Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva. He stood outside with a hand over his heart.

The Steelers made a team decision Saturday night to remain in the tunnel in an attempt to stay out of the political discussion. But that explanation did not sit well with many.
    Here is a compilation of some of the #BurnAndBoycott posts from Steelers fans:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-spt-n...925-story.html

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Down Again On Day Of Player Protests

by Dominic Patten September 25, 2017
    Associated Press

On a day full of criticism from Donald Trump, political protests, linked arms, players taking a knee or not coming on the field at all during the national anthem, and renewed pleas for unity from the league, NBC and the NFL took a ratings hit on Sunday Night Football.

In metered market numbers, the primetime matchup that saw the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10 snared an 11.6/20, the worst SNF has performed this season so far. It’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s game, Atlanta’s 34-23 win over Green Bay. Amid cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of the SNF season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Sunday’s SNF peaked with a 12.r5/20 during the second quarter from 9-9:30 PM ET. Still, NFL ratings are down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle-for-loss last year. Add to that, Sunday’s game was the worst a Week 3 SNF has done in 11-years.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/redskins...bc-1202176141/

Related

How the NFL sells (and profits from) the inextricable link between football and war

Trump retweets account praising Pat Tillman in call for NFL boycott
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...or-nfl-boycott

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I predict most of these ADHD tub-o-lards will be back to their cheese puffs and tee vees by Thanksgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I predict most of these ADHD tub-o-lards will be back to their cheese puffs and tee vees by Thanksgiving.
    Solidarity: is it in you, comrade?

I played four years of high school football and am ashamed and embarrassed. It's a stupid sport that can cause almost inevitable damage to the body.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-28-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Surprising blow back. The fans side with Trump. I'm starting to think maybe he does play 4-D chess.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I played four years of high school football and am ashamed and embarrassed. It's a stupid sport that can cause almost inevitable damage to the body.
    Don't be ashamed if you weren't damaged.

The results of the worldwide championship are guaranteed since nobody but us plays the game.
    Last edited by timosman; 09-28-2017 at 09:50 AM.

The steelers should punish themselves and be sent to baltimore .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surprising blow back. The fans side with Trump. I'm starting to think maybe he does play 4-D chess.
    It might not be them siding with Trump. . . lots of people were fed up before he said anything.

But seeing the teams reactions after his comment might have been the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yep, and buying brand new merchandise to replace their burned $#@!.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

When politics enters sports it's over. Google is weaponizing it daily.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-28-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    It might not be them siding with Trump. . . lots of people were fed up before he said anything.

But seeing the teams reactions after his comment might have been the final straw.
    Either that, or it has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with the cheating.

Hey, Goodell. Try letting the best team win all season, for a change, and see what happens to your ratings. You know what to do--tell your officials to use the same standard for holding calls for both teams. At this point, what have you got to lose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

As long as the Portsmouth Spartans ( currently detroit lions ) get beat on Thanksgiving after they all stand for the Anthem and I eat lots of turkey I will know all is well .

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Either that, or it has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with the cheating.

Hey, Goodell. Try letting the best team win all season, for a change, and see what happens to your ratings. You know what to do--tell your officials to use the same standard for holding calls for both teams. At this point, what have you got to lose?
    Cheating in NCAA basketball recruiting is being shut down this week by the FBI .

Good, they need to burn all their uniforms and officially change their name to the "Pittsburgh Financial Office Drones" anyway, since it's been almost 40 years since anyone made steel there.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I am at least enderstand the Giants fan burning his season tickets on YouTube; they are downright awful and it will be a miracle if Eli makes it through the season without a serious injury.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol. Yeah burn your gear. Your NFL licensed Jersey that costs about $200......so that NEXT week or next year when everything is smoothed over and hunky dory again with you and the Foosball, you can charge yourself another $250 (with inflation) for your brand NEW NFL licensed jersey.

Idiots.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Know how much season tickets cost?!? Even stupider. At least sell them and get some cash so you can buy more gold, silver and lead.

The NFL should have done what the Steelers did: leave teams in the locker room during the pre-game activities. And they should have done that before the season started.

But their lack of getting ahead of this leaves them in a real bind. Hate to tell the NFL, but their customers are not all SJWs, Antifa and BLM members. Leftists are probably a minority of their customers, even though it may be the majority at ESPN.

They screwed themselves good.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They failed to respect the market. They will pay. My small cache of gear is now at Goodwill. I will not be a walking advertisement for them any more.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's kinda scary how what the Steelers did was so misinterpreted by the media (including social media).

Basically, they said, as a team, "We're here to play football - not make political statements", and tried to stay out of the controversy. Instead, it was portrayed as some kind of team boycott of the anthem. Craziness.

Then, Villanueva stepped too far out of the tunnel and then the same media portrayed him as a hero. Then, he apologized for screwing up and making it look like he was the only one on his team who supported the anthem and then the same media portrayed him as a coward for "apologizing for paying respect to the flag". You couldn't make this up!

That whole incident should serve as an example of how the media can take any situation and play it how they want.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

NASCAR ratings are down too. Is that because they protest? Or Trump?

http://awfulannouncing.com/racing/na...se-season.html

NASCAR ratings are getting even worse this season

While not maybe at a “make or break” point, NASCAR poured a lot of effort into trying to reverse their long-suffering ratings slide. There’s a brand new points system, races have been fundamentally changed, the series has a new sponsor, and drivers are getting into fights on pit road.

NASCAR has been trying almost everything. And thus far, nothing is working.

It’s still early days in the 2017 season but after the Daytona 500 the sport has seen its poor ratings continuing to slip slide away. While Daytona viewership increased 5% over last year to 11.9 million viewers, each race since has been down versus last year. And the last three races have been down significantly.
    More at link.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The results of the worldwide championship are guaranteed since nobody but us plays the game.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's kinda scary how what the Steelers did was so misinterpreted by the media (including social media).

Basically, they said, as a team, "We're here to play football - not make political statements", and tried to stay out of the controversy. Instead, it was portrayed as some kind of team boycott of the anthem. Craziness.

Then, Villanueva stepped too far out of the tunnel and then the same media portrayed him as a hero. Then, he apologized for screwing up and making it look like he was the only one on his team who supported the anthem and then the same media portrayed him as a coward for "apologizing for paying respect to the flag". You couldn't make this up!

That whole incident should serve as an example of how the media can take any situation and play it how they want.
    Excellent observation.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What you're having here is a colossal sht show. Gay protesters on one side and gay protesters on the other. Nothing good comes of this.

Staying in locker room is what teams all did 100% of the time until 2009. Go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    NASCAR ratings are down too. Is that because they protest? Or Trump?
    Let's hope it's a trend across all sports.

NASCAR was one of the few sports I used to follow with any regularity and they lost me twenty years ago with politically correct platitudes and ridiculous safeeeeeettttyyyy overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Know how much season tickets cost?!? Even stupider. At least sell them and get some cash so you can buy more gold, silver and lead.
    Empty stadiums have been going on for weeks, before last weekend:

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-a...ce-down-2017-9

Pro sports digression: I'm not watching the NBA anymore unless they start 100% enforcing traveling and carrying. Which will likely be never.

Pro sports digression: I'm not watching the NBA anymore unless they start 100% enforcing traveling and carrying. Which will likely be never.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    When politics enters sports it's over. Google is weaponizing it daily.
    I've been complaining for years about having to watch some local military buffoons being trotted out for national anthems. Like I'm supposed to pay homage to state paid killers who defile the constitution on a regular basis. Every friggin' Warriors game.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-28-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast