Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kurdistan referendum: Erdogan says Iraqi Kurds risk ‘ethnic war’ and threatens military respon

LONDON: Kurdish Protestors attack Iraqi Embassy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Kurdish forces abandon oil fields, military bases after the Iraqi Army rolls into Kirkuk
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...-rolls-kirkuk/

Iraqi forces eject Peshmerga from two large towns in eastern Iraq
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...-eastern-iraq/

Iraq: Government forces advance into Kirkuk
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...-kirkuk-video/

some details...

►Kurdish Peshmerga arresting their fighters fleeing with all their ammunition from Kirkuk city

►Kurdish volunteers in Kirkuk to Kurdish Leadership; “you are all traitors, you sold Kirkuk”

►Kurdish civilians throw rocks at retreating PUk peshmarga forces in Kirkuk and accuse them of betraying the city

------
    Doesn't look like anyone is going to help Kurds, they already cry:

Jenan Moussa@jenanmoussa
    A Kurdish fighter walks up to @HaraldDoornbos. He says: You are a western man, I have a message. Where is America? Where is Europe?
    (They're with Centcom drinking German beer in Erbil laughing at Barzani )

This is huge blow for the US proxy-army in Syria. It clearly shows what is SDF/YPG fate in nearby future.
    ----------

Steven nabil@thestevennabil
    ►#breaking locals welcome Iraqi forces entering their neighborhood(amal shaabi) in #kirkuk , the man recording told me they were happy

►"We are happy to see them, but we are happier that we got to see them without having to see war" kirkuk resident telling me moments ago

►Iraqi forces now treating injured #Kurdish #Peshmerga due to traffic caused by fleeing #Peshmerga in highway roads

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQH6TvV4AEGp1M.jpg:large

►Iraqi Army convoy now inside #Kirkuk city after #Peshmerga abandoned defense and withdrew from city.

Haidar Sumeri- @IraqiSecurity
    ►BREAKING: Reports that Kurdish parties are evacuating their HQs in disputed areas in #Iraq's Diyala, incl. Mandali, Jalawla, Qara Tappa.

Rudaw English@RudawEnglish
    ►BREAKING: Hashd al-Shaabi group cuts electricity in Kirkuk city as it seeks to take control of Kurdish Peshmerga positions.

Kareem Chehayeb-@chehayebk
    ►At least 10 Kurdish Peshmerga forces killed. Some reports say civilians too from #Iraq forces attack. #Kirkuk #Kurdistan

►Peshmerga Command: 'Some PUK officials have collaborated in this conspiracy against the people of Kurdistan. This is major historic betrayal.'

Conflict News- @Conflicts 5 min.
    BREAKING: Peshmerga command issue statement following Iraqi army entry into Kirkuk, saying “this is a war against the Kurds”
    (no.. it's a victory over hegemons)

The'Nimr'Tiger@Souria4Syrians 9 min.
    In order to retain control of oil; Barzani’s henchmen urged civilians to stay on streets, carry arms & fight Iraqi Army as Peshmerga fled

►Barzani’s militia and separatist fanatics fleeing Kirkuk despite earlier vow to fight till last man, women, and child.

►Iraqi Army reach Peshmerga statue north of Kirkuk thus successfully cutting Kirkuk-Erbil highway

Haidar Sumeri- @IraqiSecurity 12 min.
    ►Footage (that I won't post out of respect) has emerged of at least 20 Peshmerga killed during clashes with #Iraq's armed forces in Kirkuk.

Kurdistan referendum: US says results of independence vote 'lack legitimacy'
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7975061.html

"America will 'continue to support a united, federal, democratic and prosperous Iraq", --TRex

------

►Kurds made a deal with Iraq to retreat to their 2014 borders.

►BREAKING: Iraqi Kurdistan region's ruling party says Iraqi PM has handed the country over to Iran
    (pathetic kurd bs trying to trigger US/Israel)

CELEBRATIONS

MORE WITHDRAWL

KDP #Peshmerga are withdrawing from Altun Kupri North #Kirkuk before #Iraqi forces even make their way to it.

Peshmerga 112 brigade have started withdrawing from Baashiqah east of #Mosul, they are moving to the mountains. #Iraq

Massive #peshmerga withdrawal from #Dibis today too. Hundreds of vehicles.

Iraqi forces inside the office of Dr. Najmaldin Karim, former governor of #Kirkuk.

=======

Sinjar & Ninevah Plains Next

Walid Phares-@WalidPhares 19 min.
    Iraqi security announced that its units plus Hashd militia will be advancing into Nineveh & Sinjar, taking control of border sites & Turkey
    What a farce!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What a farce!
    no.. you just don't understand 22D chess!

I will wait a few more hours to see if this news of withdrawal is true, or just partial in some areas.
    If it's a full withdrawal, I'd have to believe the US told them they are on their own.

Nope.

They are falling back to higher ground in the mountains
    to regroup just like the last time Saddam's Iraqi government invaded.

The Trump Administration will not reveal their cards
    and will let the Iranian controlled Iraqi government believe the the U.S. has abandoned the Kurds, again.

Obama intentionally pulled out of Iraq so Iran could take over
    all the while using ISIS to tie up any possible Kurdish resistance.

What we will be witnessing now is an Afghanistan style cooperative
    with the Kurds to reclaim Iraq from Iran
    much in the same way we used the Northern Alliance to obliterate the Taliban.

Almost a thousand U.S. soldiers were murdered in Iraq because of Iran and Obama rewarded them
    with hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars, nuclear weapons and access to U.S. weaponry.

A significant population of the Kurdish people have been highly trained as TIER 1 COUNTER-INSURGENCY OPERATORS that ISIS is even terrified of.
    This is the beginning of the end for Iran and will not stop at Baghdad.
    Tehran will be burning in months.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    LONDON: Kurdish Protestors attack Iraqi Embassy
    I just read the headline that Iraq was attacking someone and I had to think to myself for a minute, "Wait, was Iraq the one we attacked and rebuilt recently? Or was it Iran? No Iran was the one we're mad at for making nukes. Then there was Afghanistan, why did we attack/rebuild them again? That was before Iraq attack/rebuild right? Then there's Syria but that was more recent. Damn it gets complicated."

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag announced that his country is closing its airspace to the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) following a National Security Council recommendation on Oct. 17, Daily Sabah reported. This will affect all flights from Turkey to Iraq's Kurdish region and vice versa.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...kurdish-region

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iraq - The End Of The Kurdish Independence Project

Iraq, Kurdistan must resolve their problems themselves, Rosneft's business is oil. Russia Foreign Ministry

Lee Saks- @lee_Saks 1 hod.
    CHEVRON SUSPENDING IRAQ KURDISTAN OPERATIONS: WSJ

Ali Özkök- @Ozkok_ 18. 10.
    Some sources claim Irans al-Quds forces chief Qassem Soleimani arrived in Kirkuk. Unconfirmed

Isil attacks villages south of Kirkuk as Iraqi and Kurdish forces are distracted fighting each other

https://www.yahoo.com/news/isil-attacks-villages-south-kirkuk-124548157.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

SURA- @AlSuraEnglish 5 hod.
    #BREAKING - #Iraqi Federal forces now moving towards the #Assyrian city of Al Qosh which has had protests against the #Kurdish government

Elijah J. Magnier- @ejmalrai 2 hod.
    #KDP forces have attacked Turkoman Front office in Altun Kopri. #Iraq/i forces gathering at the entrance of Altun Kopri #Erbil this morning.

Kurdistan Proposes Immediate Ceasefire With Iraq

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Middle-East/Kurdistan-Proposes-Immediate-Ceasefire-With-Iraq.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iraq And Kurdistan To Collaborate On Oil Production

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Iraq-And-Kurdistan-To-Collaborate-On-Oil-Production.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Barzani To Step Down Nov. 1

Iraqi Kurdistan's leader Massoud Barzani will not extend his presidential term beyond Nov. 1, a Kurdish government official told Reuters on Oct. 28.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...tep-down-nov-1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iraq orders truce with Kurds

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iraqi-pm-orders-24-hour-halt-military-operations-150039543.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As Kurdish President Announces Resignation, Supporters Storm Parliament With Knives And Guns

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-29/kurdish-president-announces-resignation-supporters-storm-parliament-knives-and-guns

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now they 'want their city back'.... (after 'hosting' the ISIS/Turkey ratline/stronghold for years on Syrian soil.)
    These are NOT 'Syrian patriots'.

June 16, 2015
    The loss of Tal Abyad to the Kurds is a huge setback for the Islamic State
    http://yalibnan.com/2015/06/16/the-l...islamic-state/

'refugees' vs traitors.... the lines are blurred.

Same w/ Raqqa...

Syria Will Consider Raqqa City “Occupied” Until SAA Enters It
    https://southfront.org/syria-will-co...rmy-enters-it/

On Sunday, an official of the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates told the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)
    that Raqqa city is still occupied.

The Syrian official added that the US-led coalition claims of liberating Raqqa city from ISIS
    are “mere lies aiming to divert international public opinion from the crimes they committed in Raqqa province”.

“More than 90% of Raqqa city has been leveled due to the deliberate and barbaric bombardment
    of the city and the towns near it by the [US] alliance,
    which also destroyed all services and infrastructures and forced tens of thousands of locals
    to leave the city and become refugees,” the official told SANA.

The official added that Syrian citizens who were forced to leave Raqqa city
    are now living on the roads and in camps due to the practices of “the so-called Syrian Democratic Forces [SDF]”.

Moreover, the source accused the US-backed SDF of stealing the humanitarian aid meant to save the lives of Raqqa locals,
    and even of confiscating the IDs and documents of the locals.
    Previously, Syrian opposition source confirmed that the SDF is holding refugees from Raqqa and Deir Ezzor governorates
    inside camps against their will.

“The quick calls by the US and the alliance for rebuilding Raqqa is an act of scam and fraud on the public opinion
    seeking to cover up the destruction they caused in Raqqa,” the official added.

The official went on and stressed that the Syrian government will continue considering Raqqa an occupied city
    until the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) enters it.

The official also accused the US-led coalition and the SDF of allowing ISIS to withdraw from the city to fight the Iraqi Army and the SAA in other areas.

This was the first time Syria releases a clear statement against the US-backed SDF and its activates. This proves that the Syrian government views the SDF as a threat now.

=========

Syrian Kurds refuse to reveal number of US bases, volume of supplied US arms
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...plied-us-arms/

(we know months ago it stood at 12+)

US has been supplying them with arms since the liberation of Kobani in 2015.

Mahmud, however, refused to reveal the scale of the arms provided by the US, only noting that
    “it is relatively humble and not enough in comparison with the weaponry it supplied to the Iraqi army for the liberation of Mosul.”

The Kurdish official called their relationship with Washington a “strategic alliance”
    and confirmed that the US is setting up military bases on territories which the Kurds take under control.

According to Nuri Mahmud, these facilities are used for the fight against Daesh.
    However, he refused to give the exact number of operating US bases.
    “We can’t discuss this issue. It is none of our business,” he told Sputnik Turkiye.

Abdulaziz Yunus, the SDF representative in charge of foreign affairs, also confirmed
    that the US continues supplying arms to SDF, and remains the only power which is supporting Kurds militarily.

==========

Now that 'plans' for greater Israel Kurdistan have been shiitcanned (with the fall of Kirkuk)
    'suddenly'...
    a 'we're all just brothers' PR campaign begins by the US/SDF Rojavan YPG command...

Syrian Democratic Forces appoint 70 new Arab commanders in Raqqa
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...manders-raqqa/

Last edited by goldenequity; 10-30-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Iranian Chief of Staff Maj. Gen. Mohammed Baqeri said Iran will reopen all its border crossings with Iraq's Kurdish region in the coming days, Reuters reported Oct. 30.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...raqi-kurdistan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tensions Rise As Iraq Halts Kirkuk Oil Exports

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/International/Tensions-Rise-As-Iraq-Halts-Kirkuk-Oil-Exports.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Iraqi government said negotiations with the Kurds over the deployment of federal forces along the borders of the Kurdish Region have failed, AP reported Nov. 1. Kurdish forces delayed talks to strengthen their defenses, putting further strain on already troubled talks.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...s-kurds-failed

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kurdistan Accuses Iraq Of Dishonesty After Kirkuk Attack

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Kurdistan-Accuses-Iraq-Of-Dishonesty-After-Kirkuk-Attack.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Kurdistan Ready To Hand Over Oil For 17% Of Iraqi Budget

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Middle-East/Kurdistan-Ready-To-Hand-Over-Oil-For-17-Of-Iraqi-Budget.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Former Iraqi Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani said the Kurdish Region may reconsider close relations with the United States in the aftermath of the Sept. 25 independence referendum, Kurdistan 24 reported Nov. 7.

Barzani also suggested that Russia could likely be better allies to Kurdistan than the United States.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...elationship-us

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani said the Kurdish government and other political parties are open to negotiations with the Iraqi government to resolve all disputes based on the constitution, Rudaw reported Nov. 6. Barzani added that the conflict cannot be resolved militarily.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ral-government

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Baghdad Agrees To Ship Kirkuk Oil To Iran

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Baghdad-Agrees-To-Ship-Kirkuk-Oil-To-Iran.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iraqi Oil Minister Jabar al-Luaibi said the government plans on increasing oil production to one million barrels per day from the Bai Hasan and Avana oil fields in Kirkuk, Reuters reported Nov. 13.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...duction-kirkuk

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The governments of Iraq and its autonomous Kurdish region may be one step closer to settling their heated feud. On Nov. 14, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) issued a formal response to a Nov. 5 decision by the Federal Supreme Court that the Iraqi Constitution does not permit any region to secede. Officials in Arbil said they "respect the interpretation" of the court and called for the ruling to serve as a starting point for negotiations to resolve the region's outstanding constitutional disputes with the central government in Baghdad. But although the concession could pave the way for peace talks, it is unclear just how willing Iraqi leaders are to lift the pressure they have put on the Kurdish administration since its controversial independence referendum in late September.
    So far Arbil has refused to annul the results of the vote, as Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has demanded. However, since taking control of Iraqi Kurdistan in early November amid the temporary suspension of the region's presidency, KRG Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani has sought to distance himself from the steadfast resistance of his uncle, former President Massoud Barzani, to nullify the will of the Kurdish people. Arbil's recent decision to respect the federal court's declaration that regions cannot secede from Iraq, in essence, is an invalidation of the referendum's importance and outcome.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/artic...s-olive-branch

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Kurdistan Regional Government issued a statement requesting that the international community urge the Iraqi government to lift the flight ban and other measures taken against the region, BBC Monitoring reported Nov. 20.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...nity-intervene

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kurdistan’s Oil Exports Still Below Pre-Conflict Levels

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Kurdistans-Oil-Exports-Still-Below-Pre-Conflict-Levels.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iraq to build new oil pipeline to Turkey

Iraq is to build a new pipeline to allow oil exports to resume from the northern province of Kirkuk to neighbouring Turkey, the oil ministry said Sunday.Oil Minister Jabbar al-Luaybi has ordered documents to be prepared towards building the new pipeline to "transport crude oil from Kirkuk's oilfields to the port of Ceyhan" in Turkey, a ministry spokesman said in a statement.

An older pipeline was "too damaged by attacks by Daesh terrorist gangs to be rehabilitated," Assem Jihad said, using an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group.
    Iraq had exported 250,000 to 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) through that pipeline before IS jihadists swept across large parts of the country in 2014.
    The new pipeline is to stretch for around 250 kilometres (150 miles) from the area of Baiji, in the province of Salaheddine to the south of Kirkuk, to the Fishkhabur border post with Turkey further north.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/iraq-buil...130728090.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said his country's continued humanitarian, development and stabilization aid to Iraq and the Kurdish Region is contingent on the two reaching a peaceful resolution, Reuters reported Dec. 18. Germany has provided over 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion) in assistance to Iraq. Gabriel reiterated Germany's support for a unified Iraq following a meeting with Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani in Berlin.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...solution-kurds

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said his country's continued humanitarian, development and stabilization aid to Iraq and the Kurdish Region is contingent on the two reaching a peaceful resolution, Reuters reported Dec. 18. Germany has provided over 1 billion euros ($1.2 billion) in assistance to Iraq. Gabriel reiterated Germany's support for a unified Iraq following a meeting with Kurdish Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani in Berlin.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...solution-kurds
    In other words... the German plans and HEAVY investment into Erbil/Barzani Inc. to plunder Iraqi oil turned to shiit.
    They're butthurt now, threatening Baghdad and the 'new' Iraq.
    Tuff titty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast