Thread: Senate Republicans scrap vote to repeal ObamaCare

Senate Republicans scrap vote to repeal ObamaCare

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/senate-...eal-obamacare/

Republican Senate leaders will not vote this week on a bill to repeal ObamaCare, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday, citing GOP sources.

The health care plan, sponsored by Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, has struggled to get enough votes to pass the chamber.

Republican Sens. John McCain, Susan Collins and Rand Paul have all come out in opposition.

The GOP needs at least 50 votes with Vice President Pence poised to cast the tie-breaking vote.

No Democrats are supporting the bill.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/26/trum...re-repeal.html

Trump blasts 'so-called Republicans' in Senate who doomed Obamacare repeal bill

"We are disappointed in certain so-called Republicans," Trump said of the trio of GOP senators who are opposing the Obamacare repeal bill.

A "disappointed" President Donald Trump on Tuesday blasted several "so-called Republicans" whose opposition to a controversial Obamacare repeal bill likely dealt it a fatal blow.

Trump's comments came shortly before Republican senators were set to begin a lunch where they are expected to decide whether to proceed with a vote on the Graham-Cassidy bill, despite expectations it would fail.

"We don't know why they did it," Trump said of the trio of senators, Susan Collins of Maine, John McCain of Arizona and Kentucky's Rand Paul, who have said they will vote "no" on Graham-Cassidy.

"We are disappointed in certain so-called Republicans."

But Trump also promised: "At some point there will be a repeal-and-replace" bill that he could sign into law.

Republicans hold 52 seats in the 100-member Senate and would need at least 50 GOP senators to vote for the bill for it to pass, assuming a tie-breaking vote from Vice President Mike Pence.

The deadline for passing the bill is Saturday.

After that, the budget reconciliation measure being used to fast-track the bill — and pass it with only a simple majority instead of the normal 60-vote minimum — will expire.

There are a lot of voices that desperately want Trump and Rand to be on the same side, fighting against the GOPe and their 90% Obamacare bill. But Trump would sign this exact bill in a second if it were before him right now. He could not give a $#@! about the actual contents of healthcare policy. If Republicans "repeal and replace" successfully, then it will be through Graham-Cassidy + more Medicaid funding, to win Murkowski's vote. Or they wait until McCain dies.
    Last edited by sumitz1207; 09-26-2017 at 03:22 PM.

McCain saving the GOP from itself . Unbelievable .

Repeal bill my ass, Rand would be for a repeal bill. This was no repeal bill.

How very strange they could pass a repeal bill twice while Obama was president and now they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitz1207 View Post
    He could not give a $#@! about the actual contents of healthcare policy.
    Why the Healthcare Act doesn't need replacing, only repealing. Oh well.

The Republicans are $#@!ed in the next election if they can't pass a bill. Their best move is to pass whatever bill is on the table currently and spend the next 4 years talking about how Great it is.

This has been Trump's plan for some time, and the refusal of these so-called Republicans to support Trump's plan, will just cost us seats in the next cycle.

Hopefully we can fill their seats with real Republicans, who know how to pass bills for the sake of passing bills.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    How very strange they could pass a repeal bill twice while Obama was president and now they can't.
    That's because it's all bull$#@!.

These $#@!ing criminal have been selling us out for 50 years now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Repeal bill my ass, Rand would be for a repeal bill. This was no repeal bill.

They voted something like 70 times when Obama was president to repeal it- but that was a safe vote. They knew he would veto any such bill and they did not have to offer anything to replace or improve it. Now they have to explain why it is good to have millions of people lose health insurance coverage. Trump has always said "repeal and replace" and not "repeal". He would sign anything- no matter how crappy- to claim victory and job well done.

Tax reform is going to be a tough haul to get done too. Trump scheduled to give a speech on what he would like to see sometime next week.

Republican president. Republican House of Representatives. Republican Senate. Things were supposed to be easy, weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They voted something like 70 times when Obama was president to repeal it- but that was a safe vote. They knew he would veto any such bill and they did not have to offer anything to replace or improve it. Now they have to explain why it is good to have millions of people lose health insurance coverage. Trump has always said "repeal and replace" and not "repeal". He would sign anything- no matter how crappy- to claim victory and job well done.

Tax reform is going to be a tough haul to get done too. Trump scheduled to give a speech on what he would like to see sometime next week.

Republican president. Republican House of Representatives. Republican Senate. Things were supposed to be easy, weren't they?
    All they would have to say, when explaining why it is good to have millions of people lose their healthcare would be, "Government isn't supposed to be involved with healthcare."

All they would have to say, when explaining why it is good to have millions of people lose their healthcare would be, "Government isn't supposed to be involved with healthcare."
    And risk their seats?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump still insisting he has the votes for healthcare. Blames failure on having a senator in the hospital (he isn't in the hospital and even with him, they didn't have the votes).

Says he will sign an executive order allowing people to buy policies across state lines and will work with Democrats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-lines-243213

Trump says he'll sign executive order allowing purchase of health insurance across state lines

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he will likely sign “a very major executive order” allowing Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines.

“I’ll probably be signing a very major executive order where people can go out across state lines, do lots of things and buy their own health care, and that will be probably signed next week,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday afternoon. “It’s being finished now. It’s gonna cover a lot of territory and a lot of people — millions of people.”

Trump’s apparently imminent executive order allowing the purchase of health care across state lines will follow Senate Republicans’ missed deadline to repeal Obamacare with a simple majority. The 52-member caucus has until Saturday to pass a bill with just 50 votes, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pulled a vote because Republicans’ last-ditch legislation lacks enough support from the chamber to pass.

Trump claimed, however, that Republicans do have necessary the votes, though he later said “we’re only one off, maybe two.” And he repeatedly insisted that a Republican senator — likely referring to Sen. Thad Cochran, who is recovering from a urological issue at home in Mississippi — is a “yes” but can’t vote because he’s in the hospital.

“I can’t take him out of the hospital,” Trump noted. A spokesman said the senator is not in the hospital.

Nevertheless, “We have the votes for health care,” Trump said, suggesting he has Cochran’s vote and two unnamed Republicans who previously said they wouldn’t back the latest Obamacare repeal bill.

“But the problem is we can’t have them by Friday, because the reconciliation ends on Friday,” Trump said, although it ends on Saturday. “So we’ll have to do it in January or February. But I feel we have the votes. I’m almost certain we have the votes, but with one man in the hospital we cannot display that we have them — plus some people wanna go through a process just to make themselves feel better. That’s OK.”
    “What we’re going to do is we will do the block grant, we will do the health care, we will get a longer process going for the couple of people that did want to see more process, even though they’re a ‘yes’ vote,” Trump said. “But very importantly, I am also during this period of a couple of months, I’m also going to meet with Democrats, and I will see if I can get a health care plan that’s even better. So I will negotiate with Democrats. But from the Republican standpoint, we have the votes. We’ll vote in January, February or March.”

Trump didn’t make clear why he would work with Democrats if Republicans are able to advance health care legislation on a party-line vote.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

....i don't know about you, but some stinking republican party inc. apparatchik who enjoy$ government-funded health in$urance using that line in public anywhere around me would be loudly loudly booed by me...soon followed by loud shouts of 'HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HEALTH IN$URANCE', YOU BUM!!...

...[this is one reason why the stinking republicrats don't hold honest 'town halls']..
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 09-27-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ....i don't know about you, but some stinking republican party inc. apparatchik who enjoy$ government-funded health in$urance using that line in public anywhere around me would be loudly loudly booed by me...soon followed by loud shouts of 'HOW DO YOU GET YOUR HEALTH IN$URANCE', YOU BUM!!...

...[this is one reason why the stinking republicrats don't hold honest 'town halls']..
    So are you saying Obama was right when he got the government involved with healthcare? Is Obamacare a good thing?

Everybody can have everything- and it won't cost the government anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Everybody can have everything- and it won't cost the government anything!

That was before his hair turned white. (Imagine how fast his hair must grow to do that in nine months.)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post

So you would boo someone who was promoting the correct position?

Considering that almost all your posts are too say nothing more useful than "republicans are bad" this tells me all I need to know about you.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Considering that almost all your posts are too say nothing more useful than "republicans are bad" this tells me all I need to know about you.
    Have you tried the ignore function?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Have you tried the ignore function?
    I have not yet employed it but I think I will use it on Hank E. Panqui.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

...no dummy, LIKE I ALREADY SAID, i would 'booo loudly' any of your stinking republicrats who get government-provided health insurance for themselves while working their holes claiming, 'government shouldn't be providing health-insurance'...

...but maybe you listen to too much stinking republican talk-radio and hypocrisy is lost on you......

...btw, as near as i can tell every one of your posts amount to 'republican/conservative good/better, democrat/liberal bad/worse'...save your keyboard, get a radio-trained parrot...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 09-28-2017 at 07:58 AM.