Thread: BOOM: Mike Rowe Destroys Everyone Involved in NFL Protests

BOOM: Mike Rowe Destroys Everyone Involved in NFL Protests

BOOM: Mike Rowe Destroys Everyone Involved in NFL Protests

September 25, 2017 By Robert Gehl

Mike Rowe is no wallflower. The outspoken TV star has defended blue-collar, working-class America since he hit it big with his show “Dirty Jobs.”

He’s used that platform to launch a full-throated defense of traditional American values.

So it was not unexpected that Rowe would take a stand on the latest controversy around whether or not NFL players should be standing during the National Anthem and President Donald Trump’s response to their behavior. He made the post on Sunday.

It began with a question from fan Robert Amon: “Hey Mike – I know you avoid politics, (thanks!) and I remember your rant on the Colt’s leaving Baltimore. (As a former Brown’s fan, I feel your pain.) But I gotta ask – what’s happening to professional football, and what do you make of Trump’s comments about those who refuse to stand during the national anthem?”

"In democracies, we the people get the government we deserve. We also get the celebrities we deserve, the artists we deserve, and the athletes we deserve. Because ultimately, we the people get to decide who and what gets our attention, and who and what does not.

Right now, The NFL, the players who choose to kneel, the networks who choose to broadcast their protest, the advertisers who sponsor the games, and the President of the United States, are all eager for our attention. And they are all using football to get it. That’s all well and good, right up to the point where it isn’t. In my view, this controversy really isn’t about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. It’s not even about the flag or the national anthem. It’s really only about one thing – what we will tolerate, and what we won’t.

I was disappointed last night, to hear President Trump encourage owners to fire players who refuse to stand for the anthem. Not because I dispute the owners right to do so, and not because I would grieve the dismissal of anyone who chooses to disrespect our flag. I was disappointed because the President’s comments presuppose that the owners are in charge of the game. They’re not. We are. We decide what to watch, and that decision – far more than any other consideration – will determine the what the owners choose to do. And that in turn will affect what the players choose to do.

As the leader of the country, the President had an opportunity to remind us that The NFL, the networks who broadcast their games, and all of the players – standers and kneelers alike – work for us. He might have also used the occasion to remind us that he too, serves at our pleasure.

I felt a similar bemusement when the Commissioner issued his response, followed by the President of the Player’s Union. Their comments – along with the comments of many of the players themselves – were perfectly reasonable, perfectly understandable, and perfectly in keeping with their first amendment rights. But they were also perfectly arrogant. Because they too, presuppose that millions of fans will continue to watch them play a game – no matter what.

Perhaps they’re right. Historically, football fans have shown a collective willingness to ignore and enable all sorts of dubious behavior. The players have agents and unions, the owners have money and power, and the fans are always caught in the middle. The resulting strikes and the constant uprooting of teams from broken-hearted towns proves beyond all question the overall lack of regard for fans in general.

But here’s the thing, Rob. The fans of professional football are not powerless – we’re just not yet offended enough to turn the channel. Should that ever change in a meaningful way – if for instance, a percentage of football fans relative to those players who chose to kneel during today’s games, chose to watch something else next Sunday – I can assure you…the matter would be resolved by Monday."

Mike
    http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/bo...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Mike Rowe weighs in on the foosball fracas.

Off the Wall

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMike...70661956277274

24 Sept 2017

Hey Mike - I know you avoid politics, (thanks!) and I remember your rant on the Colt’s leaving Baltimore. (As a former Brown’s fan, I feel your pain.) But I gotta ask – what’s happening to professional football, and what do you make of Trump’s comments about those who refuse to stand during the national anthem?

Robert Amon

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Robert

In democracies, we the people get the government we deserve. We also get the celebrities we deserve, the artists we deserve, and the athletes we deserve. Because ultimately, we the people get to decide who and what gets our attention, and who and what does not.

Right now, The NFL, the players who choose to kneel, the networks who choose to broadcast their protest, the advertisers who sponsor the games, and the President of the United States, are all eager for our attention. And they are all using football to get it. That's all well and good, right up to the point where it isn't. In my view, the real controversy here isn’t about patriotism, social justice, racial inequality, or free speech. It’s not even about the flag or the national anthem. It’s really only about one thing – what we will tolerate, and what we won't.

I was disappointed last night, to hear President Trump encourage owners to fire players who refuse to stand for the anthem. Not because I dispute the owners right to do so, or the players right to protest. I was disappointed because the President’s comments presuppose that the owners are in charge of the game. They’re not. We are. We decide what to watch, and that decision - far more than any other consideration - will determine the what the owners choose to do. And that in turn will affect what the players choose to do.

As the leader of the country, the President had an opportunity to remind us that The NFL, the networks who broadcast their games, and all of the players – standers and kneelers alike - work for us. He might have also used the occasion to remind us that he too, serves at our pleasure.

I felt a similar bemusement when the Commissioner issued his response, followed by the President of the Player’s Union. Their comments – along with the comments of many of the players themselves – were perfectly reasonable, perfectly understandable, and perfectly in keeping with their first amendment rights. But they were also perfectly arrogant. Because they too, presuppose that millions of fans will continue to watch them play a game - no matter what.

Perhaps they’re right. Historically, football fans have shown a collective willingness to ignore and enable all sorts of dubious behavior. The players have agents and unions, the owners have money and power, and the fans are always caught in the middle. The resulting strikes and the constant uprooting of teams from broken-hearted towns proves beyond all question the overall lack of regard for fans in general.

But here's the thing, Rob. The fans of professional football are not powerless – they're just not yet offended enough to turn the channel. Should that ever change in a meaningful way – if for instance, a percentage of football fans relative to those players who chose to kneel during today’s games, chose to watch something else next Sunday – I can assure you...the matter would be resolved by Monday.

Mike

PS. If you’d like to spend a few minutes with some actual heroes - combat veterans who made sure today’s athletes have the right to kneel for our flag, or honor it – might I suggest the first episode of Returning the Favor? Twenty-five million people have already approved of this segment, and my hope, is that you will, too.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMike...70661956277274
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

You beat me by three minutes.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-NFL-Protests

do u guys talk to each other anymore?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ragnar Lödbrok/Mike Rowe 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-NFL-Protests
    do u guys talk to each other anymore?
    evidently they are both too busy browsing fedbook.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    evidently they are both too busy browsing fedbook.
    I wonder if he saw her post about his ED problem.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I wonder if he saw her post about his ED problem.
    Hadn't heard about that one...I figured she would be posting about my farting in bed first.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hadn't heard about that one...I figured she would be posting about my farting in bed first.
    I never kiss and tell. However, now that you mentioned the farting...there is a clean air act, you know. J/k
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

But here’s the thing, Rob. The fans of professional football are not powerless – we’re just not yet offended enough to turn the channel.
    Actually, I know of a couple of diehard football fans that are boycotting the NFL this year, even as their favorite team is looking really good. This will cost the NFL.

The point is, they don't care. It would have to bankrupt them before they let it interfere with their Fabian Marxist revolution.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Actually, I know of a couple of diehard football fans that are boycotting the NFL this year, even as their favorite team is looking really good. This will cost the NFL.

The point is, they don't care. It would have to bankrupt them before they let it interfere with their Fabian Marxist revolution.
    The rumor is they are already have financial problems. Last year the viewership and going to games were down too.

He lost me with the whole "disrespect to the flag" and the military giving us free-dumbs BS.

It's hard for a man to undo a lifetime of programming, but Mike seems like a smart fella with a good heart, so I have hope for him yet.

Does Rowe still reside in Kentucky? If so, he could turn his Mike towards Mitch McConnell and destroy that turtle-looking obscenity.

Then we'll have a whopping 4 Liberty-oriented Senators. That way, when Ragnar becomes President, they can work at destroying AIPAC, destroying the Warfare-Welfare panopticon, rein in the budget, and generally promote state and personal sovereignty matters.

(First we've got to find Ragnar's skull and naturalize him... then we need a seer. Maybe we should forget about Ragnar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6529668
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Trump says the issue is respect for the flag and the anthem. If you don't worship them- you hate the country. Blind worship of the flag has brought us such historic events as the Vietnam War, Afghanistan, and Iraq wars. "If you don't support us- you are supporting the terrorists!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump says the issue is respect for the flag and the anthem. If you don't worship them- you hate the country. Blind worship of the flag has brought us such historic events as the Vietnam War, Afghanistan, and Iraq wars. "If you don't support us- you are supporting the terrorists!"
    I think you have Trump mixed up with George W. Bush.

Worship? Really? Trump, to my knowledge, never said worship anything but God.

The foreigners and globalists are loving the fact that people in the United States are so divided. This is exactly what they want and how they can easily take this country over. It is a sad day for all Americans.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I think you have Trump mixed up with George W. Bush.

Worship? Really? Trump, to my knowledge, never said worship anything but God.

The foreigners and globalists are loving the fact that people in the United States are so divided. This is exactly what they want and how they can easily take this country over. It is a sad day for all Americans.
    Actually I was trying to point out similarities between the two. The tighter people try to wrap themselves up in the flag, the closer eye you need to keep on them.