Thread: Sudanese immigrant opens fire in TN church, is stopped by private citizen CCW

Exclamation Sudanese immigrant opens fire in TN church, is stopped by private citizen CCW

First glance says this guy was just a nut, based on his interwebs droppings.

1 dead, 8 injured in ‘mass casualty’ shooting at Antioch church

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...hurch-shooter/

WKRN web staff Published: September 24, 2017, 11:41 am Updated: September 24, 2017, 10:37 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – One woman was killed and eight people, including the gunman, were injured in what officials are calling a “mass casualty” incident at a church in Antioch Sunday morning.

Metro police responded to the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ on Pin Hook Road at 11:15 a.m.

The preliminary investigation shows the gunman–identified as Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25–arrived to the church in a blue SUV wearing all black and half of a face mask. He was reportedly armed with 2 pistols.

Metro police said he immediately confronted a woman outside the church, shooting her at least one time, killing her on the scene. She was identified as Melanie Smith, 39, of Smyrna.

Samson is accused of then going inside the church and opening fire. Forty-two people were in attendance, and six people were injured.

The victims were identified as the minister, Joey Spann; his wife, Peggy Spann; William Jenkins, 83; his wife Marlene Jenkins, 84; Linda Bush, 68; and Katherine Dickerson, 64.

“He was just shooting,” said church member Minerva Rosa. “He came right to the middle and shot more.”

She continued, “He shot a bunch outside and then shot more because he shot all the way to the front of the church.”

Rosa, who works at the VA hospital, told News 2 she went to help Minister Spann because “he had an upper chest gunshot wound. I just put pressure on it because everybody else was a leg or arm.”

Police spokesman Don Aaron said the usher of the church—identified as 22-year-old Robert Engle—then confronted the gunman and was pistol-whipped, receiving a “significant injury to his head.”

At some point during the confrontation, authorities say the gunman then shot himself, but it’s unclear if it was intentional.

Aaron said the usher, who has a valid carry permit, then went out to his car and retrieved his own gun, holding it on the gunman until police arrived. Police described Engle as “extraordinarily brave” for his actions.

Five of the shooting victims as well as the gunman were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for treatment. As of 3:30 p.m., Minister Spann was listed as critical while everyone else was considered stable.

The usher and the final shooting victim were taken to TriStar Skyline Medical Center where they were last listed as stable.

Metro police said Samson was given an all-clear at the hospital around 3:30 p.m. and was immediately taken into custody upon his discharge.

The 25-year-old was charged Sunday night with one count of murder. A bond has yet to be set, and further charges are forthcoming.

While seeking the arrest warrant at the downtown Nashville courthouse, Det. Steven Holley explained to the judge, “When we interviewed him, he admitted to being in the church. Said that he arrived there this morning at about 10:55. He also admitted that at some point, he was wearing the mask that was being worn by the defendant at the church, and he admitted to firing shots.”

Metro police said Samson attended the church one or two years ago. He moved to the United States from Sudan in 1996 when he was four years old. He is a legal U.S. resident, but it’s unknown if he’s a legal citizen.

Nashville’s Mayor Megan Barry released a statement that says “this is a terrible tragedy for our city.” She continued:

My heart aches for the family and friends of the deceased as well as for the wounded victims and their loved ones. Their lives have been forever changed, as has the life of their faith community at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ. My administration, especially the Metro Nashville Police Department, will continue to work with community members to stop crime before it starts, encourage peaceful conflict resolution, and promote non-violence.

Federal authorities were also on the scene Sunday and said a civil rights investigation will be opened into the shooting. The following statement was released by the U.S. Attorney’s Office:

The Memphis FBI Field Office’s Nashville Resident Agency, the Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Tennessee have opened a civil rights investigation into the shooting at the Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch, Tennessee. The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence. As this is an ongoing investigation we are not able to comment further at this time.

An investigation led by the Metro Nashville Police Department is ongoing.

Roads around the church were shut down as the investigation continued into Sunday evening, including La Vergne Couchville Pike off Old Hickory Boulevard, and Hobson Pike.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How did he get from Sudan to Tennessee ? Somebody invite him ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Apparently his mom and dad brought him, but he might have walked. Too early to call.

Anyway, at 22 Aaron's gonna get all the ladies.

Been here since childhood.

♪ ♪ ...I like dreaming... ♫ ♫

I have been to the sudan , not like I was gonna just set up shop there and have some kids .......

I don't blame you. There's no honesty in the people of that country, from what I hear.

These $#@!s always kill in churches; why not walk into police stations or synagogues and open fire? When's the last time cops and Jews taught a Sudanese village how to farm, knit, read, or built them radio stations?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    These $#@!s always kill in churches; why not walk into police stations or synagogues and open fire? When's the last time cops and Jews taught a Sudanese village how to farm, knit, read, or built them radio stations?
    Leave the synagogues alone. IF that happens our freaking grandchildren will learn about it in schools.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At some point during the confrontation, authorities say the gunman then shot himself, but it’s unclear if it was intentional.

Aaron said the usher, who has a valid carry permit, then went out to his car and retrieved his own gun, holding it on the gunman until police arrived.
    If he has a CCW, why did he leave his weapon in the car?? If he had been carrying it as he is licensed to do, fewer people may have been shot.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    If he has a CCW, why did he leave his weapon in the car?? If he had been carrying it as he is licensed to do, fewer people may have been shot.
    TN prohibits CCW in churches.

No, I take that back, you are not prohibited IF:

The church is not on school grounds.

Does not host a public playground, day care, etc.

Has not posted prohibitions against CCW.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-25-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    Most hillbilly states do not allow to be armed in church or bars . I kind of prefer it , that way I am the only one armed .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    First glance says this guy was just a nut, based on his interwebs droppings.
    Then again, maybe not.

http://gotnews.com/breaking-antioch-...led-white-man/

I don't blame you. There's no honesty in the people of that country, from what I hear.

How do they compare to Nigerians?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The green dude dressed in drag invited them.

This is the dirtiest trick the French ever pulled on us.

Dude should be dismantled and sent back.

We got a wave of Sudanese immigrants in the mid 90s. It seems this guy might have been part of that wave. Sudan was in famine at that time, remember.

This is not my church but it is in my general neck of the woods.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The relevance of his Sudanese roots?

Hey, cool... Gun owners are usually blamed for this kind of violence... Have the Sudanese come to relieve us?

While we try to figure out the significance of this guy's background (a 4 year old that came over in 1996), I'll continue to be hung up on the fact that there was someone who had the ability to be carrying but had to run out to their car to get their firearm. (same playout seen with Dr Susan Hupp)

Why not keep all file extinguishers in an outbuilding, where they are safely stored [just in case they were to rupture]? Maybe keep seat belts in the trunk of the vehicle - so as not to accidentally strangle operators and passengers.

Really... WTF is the matter with people? Why was Robert Engle not already armed - as an usher no less? Was that church policy, state law, or his own decision to disarm? What should change here?

Sorry for the rant... I return the discussion back to the DACA/Immigration narrative.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    The relevance of his Sudanese roots?

Hey, cool... Gun owners are usually blamed for this kind of violence... Have the Sudanese come to relieve us?

While we try to figure out the significance of this guy's background (a 4 year old that came over in 1996), I'll continue to be hung up on the fact that there was someone who had the ability to be carrying but had to run out to their car to get their firearm. (same playout seen with Dr Susan Hupp)

Why not keep all file extinguishers in an outbuilding, where they are safely stored [just in case they were to rupture]? Maybe keep seat belts in the trunk of the vehicle - so as not to accidentally strangle operators and passengers.

Really... WTF is the matter with people? Why was Robert Engle not already armed - as an usher no less? Was that church policy, state law, or his own decision to disarm? What should change here?

Sorry for the rant... I return the discussion back to the DACA/Immigration narrative.
    From what I understand, most states don't allow people to carry in a church. That means only the bad guys get to do it.

I find it inconvenient to carry everywhere, all the time.

If it were hot in church and I wasn't wearing a suit coat, I would probably leave it in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Hmm, good question - let me ask a Sudanese. In fairness to the Sudanese, they shouldn't even have a State. That's all they're really ethnically cleansing each other over; there seem to be too many tribes to homogenize. No African Empires ever grew out of Sudan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Not as bad as Nigerians of course .

Aaron said the usher, who has a valid carry permit, then went out to his car and retrieved his own gun, holding it on the gunman until police arrived. Police described Engle as “extraordinarily brave” for his actions.
    Good job private citizen in "stopping" this person... LOL

So brave

So hero

^ that was sarcasm BTW
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hmm, good question - let me ask a Sudanese. In fairness to the Sudanese, they shouldn't even have a State. That's all they're really ethnically cleansing each other over; there seem to be too many tribes to homogenize. No African Empires ever grew out of Sudan.
    I should probably offer to serve as King of Sudan but I am still going to live in Southern Indiana .

I should probably offer to serve as King of Sudan but I am still going to live in Southern Indiana .
    Make Sudan Great Again

I can see you now.

Along with a beautiful Nubian princess.

(shameless thread crossover on my part)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A prosecutor said Monday that a black man charged with fatally shooting a woman and wounding seven people at a Nashville church aimed to kill at least 10 white churchgoers and cited a 2015 massacre at a black church in South Carolina.

Nashville Deputy District Attorney Amy Hunter made the comments during opening statements in the trial of Emanuel Kidega Samson, 27. Prosecutors have said they’re seeking life without parole for Samson, who faces a 43-count indictment, including a first-degree murder charge, in the September 2017 shooting at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ.
    “Dylann Roof is less than nothing,” the note read, Hunter said. “The blood that 10 of your kind will shed is that of the color upon the RBG flag in terms of vengeance.” The note included an expletive and ended with a smiley face, Hunter said
    "

“What this case is about is a man who was very sad, very suicidal, and he was looking to die that day,” Thompson told jurors Monday.
    He $#@!ing should have. And that would be the end of it...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...white-churchg/