Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-nfl-now-least-liked-sport-core-fans-down-31/article/2636837
    No NASCAR in the poll? Isn't that supposed to be the sport of "real Americans"?

http://awfulannouncing.com/racing/na...race-ever.html

NASCAR opens 2017 playoffs with lowest rated postseason race ever

NASCAR still hasn't found a way to fix their ongoing ratings slide.

NASCAR made it a point to improve its television ratings this season. After years and years of prolonged decline on television, the sport has thrown everything they can at trying to reverse the slide. While NASCAR has tinkered with its rules and how it decides a champion in the past, this season NASCAR took maybe its boldest step yet.

In the hopes of getting fans to stick around and watch more racing, NASCAR completely restructured how races are run this year and are doing it in stages. Stage racing certainly has its fans and its detractors, but for NASCAR the success of this initiative and so many others comes down to their ratings.

Unfortunately, they are still going in the wrong direction. Just how bad are NASCAR’s ratings right now? According to Sports Media Watch, this weekend’s playoff opener at Chicagoland Speedway was the lowest rated and least watched playoff race on record. Are you ready for even worse news for NASCAR? This week’s race in Chicago and last week’s final regular season race at Richmond are the two lowest rated NASCAR races this millennium.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It should be up to the NFL to decide if it is a problem and what to do about protests. The government should not be telling a business what to do and who to fire. There is also the question of free speech.
    Why won't you answer the question? I've asked you 3 times if you're against discrimination laws and neg repped you and you still won't answer. Maybe because in your haste to criticize Trump you exposed yourself as a hypocrite?

The government shouldn't be using taxpayer money to funnel to the NFL for these military-masked-as-patriotism advertisements in the first place.

Trump: End Tax Breaks For Anti-American NFL

https://www.infowars.com/president-trump-calls-for-end-of-tax-breaks-for-anti-american-nfl/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.infowars.com/president-trump-calls-for-end-of-tax-breaks-for-anti-american-nfl/

NFL dropped tax exempt status a year and a half ago- April, 2015. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lary/26543647/

By dropping tax-exempt status, NFL can avoid disclosing Roger Goodell's salary

The NFL's annual tax return always seemed a little strange.

Among other things, it described the league as "trade association" that is not organized for profit and is exempt from paying income taxes.

It also publicly disclosed how much it paid its commissioner -- $44 million to Roger Goodell in fiscal year 2012.

But not anymore. After more than 70 years as a tax-exempt operation, the NFL said Tuesday that its league office will relinquish its tax-exempt status and file as a taxable entity instead.
    In response, the league said the controversy was rooted in a basic misunderstanding. The league office was tax-exempt, but its member teams were not. Some might have been under the mistaken impression that the entire league was allowed to avoid taxes.

NFL drops tax-exempt status to avoid 'distraction'

Tax experts also told USA TODAY Sports that the NFL's decision to give up its tax-exempt status was largely symbolic and not likely to result in significant new tax bills. By giving up its tax-exempt status, the league also no longer will have to disclose what it pays top executives.

"The income generated by football has always been earned by the 32 clubs and taxable there," said a statement issued by Robert McNair, owner of the Houston Texans and chairman of the league's finance committee. "This is the case whether the league office is tax exempt or taxable. The owners have decided to eliminate the distraction associated with misunderstanding of the league office's status, so the league office will in the future file returns as a taxable entity."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tus-today.html

Is the NFL tax exempt?

While churches, charities and other nonprofit organizations are usually exempt from certain taxes, the NFL central office is not. It was exempt until 2015, when it voluntarily changed its status.

What about the teams?

While the league office, which handles the administrative side of the game, was exempt until 2015, the NFL teams have always been subjected to taxes.
    They may get local tax breaks say for building stadiums but no Federal tax breaks. Cities and states give tax breaks to all kinds of businesses to encourage them to locate there.

Much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 10-10-2017 at 05:38 PM.

NFL dropped tax exempt status a year and a half ago- April, 2015. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lary/26543647/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...tus-today.html

They may get local tax breaks say for building stadiums but no Federal tax breaks. Cities and states give tax breaks to all kinds of businesses to encourage them to locate there.

Much ado about nothing.

The President’s critics have cited this detail in their attempts to counter his statement, but fail to recognize that the league and its teams still enjoy a variety of other loopholes and breaks – specifically those that pertain to the construction of new stadiums.
    A report by Watchdog.org estimates that NFL teams have made off with around $7 billion in subsidies in the last 20-30 years via stadium costs footed by taxpayers.
    Additionally, when arena-building expenses for other major sports leagues are taken into account, taxpayers have been fleeced for over $15 billion during the same period, according to a study done by the College of the Holy Cross on “Financing Professional Sports Facilities.”
    “Far from pumping money into the local economy, stadium subsidies are merely shifting money from ordinary taxpayers to large corporations,” reads the study. “We’re taking money away from some parts of town so that business can boom closer to the stadium. And the small increase in tourism that the stadiums generally attract doesn’t come close to covering what the public pays to make it happen.”
    “It’s a false investment that we’re being forced to make, and it’s no wonder we’re not seeing a return.”
    A similar study done last year by the Brookings Institute reports, “All together, the federal government has subsidized newly constructed or majorly renovated professional sports stadiums to the tune of $3.2 billion federal taxpayer dollars since 2000. But because high-income bond holders receive a windfall gain for holding municipal bonds, the resulting loss in total revenue to the federal government is even larger at $3.7 billion.”

https://www.infowars.com/president-t...-american-nfl/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The President’s critics have cited this detail in their attempts to counter his statement, but fail to recognize that the league and its teams still enjoy a variety of other loopholes and breaks – specifically those that pertain to the construction of new stadiums.
    A report by Watchdog.org estimates that NFL teams have made off with around $7 billion in subsidies in the last 20-30 years via stadium costs footed by taxpayers.
    Additionally, when arena-building expenses for other major sports leagues are taken into account, taxpayers have been fleeced for over $15 billion during the same period, according to a study done by the College of the Holy Cross on “Financing Professional Sports Facilities.”
    “Far from pumping money into the local economy, stadium subsidies are merely shifting money from ordinary taxpayers to large corporations,” reads the study. “We’re taking money away from some parts of town so that business can boom closer to the stadium. And the small increase in tourism that the stadiums generally attract doesn’t come close to covering what the public pays to make it happen.”
    “It’s a false investment that we’re being forced to make, and it’s no wonder we’re not seeing a return.”
    A similar study done last year by the Brookings Institute reports, “All together, the federal government has subsidized newly constructed or majorly renovated professional sports stadiums to the tune of $3.2 billion federal taxpayer dollars since 2000. But because high-income bond holders receive a windfall gain for holding municipal bonds, the resulting loss in total revenue to the federal government is even larger at $3.7 billion.”

As I mentioned, those are local tax breaks which Trump has no control over. Other businesses are also offered tax breaks from local governments. WalMart is a big example.

As I mentioned, those are local tax breaks which Trump has no control over. Other businesses are also offered tax breaks from local governments. WalMart is a big example.
    And that should change, and it is even more important that it should change for the anti-American NFL.

And what part of federal don't you understand?

“All together, the federal government has subsidized newly constructed or majorly renovated professional sports stadiums to the tune of $3.2 billion federal taxpayer dollars since 2000. But because high-income bond holders receive a windfall gain for holding municipal bonds, the resulting loss in total revenue to the federal government is even larger at $3.7 billion.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And that should change, and it is even more important that it should change for the anti-American NFL.

And what part of federal don't you understand?

“All together, the federal government has subsidized newly constructed or majorly renovated professional sports stadiums to the tune of $3.2 billion federal taxpayer dollars since 2000. But because high-income bond holders receive a windfall gain for holding municipal bonds, the resulting loss in total revenue to the federal government is even larger at $3.7 billion.”
    The Federal Government not taxing municipal bonds doesn't give money to the NFL. Are you suggesting that municipal bonds should not be tax exempt?

The Federal Government not taxing municipal bonds doesn't give money to the NFL. Are you suggesting that municipal bonds should not be tax exempt?
    It does when the cities are financing the teams and yes I am.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The tax break is going to the city, not the team or the league.

The tax break is going to the city, not the team or the league.
    It makes investors more willing to buy debt that is being used to finance the team, that makes the debt cheaper and that makes the city more willing to finance the team and the team benefits.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It makes investors more willing to buy debt that is being used to finance the team, that makes the debt cheaper and that makes the city more willing to finance the team and the team benefits.
    Sorry, I was inaccurate. The tax break doesn't go to the city but to whomever buys the municipal bonds- they are the ones who do not have to pay taxes. That removes it one step farther from the benefits going to the league or the team.

Sorry, I was inaccurate. The tax break doesn't go to the city but to whomever buys the municipal bonds- they are the ones who do not have to pay taxes. That removes it one step farther from the benefits going to the league or the team.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The team benefits from the city giving them money and possibly tax breaks. Muni bonds being tax free does not benefit the team (it may allow the city to sell the bonds at a tiny fraction lower interest rate).

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This NFL kneeling controversy seems to be taking a life of its own and working its way into strange situations if this is factual:
    I think it could end up in court as a 1st amendment issue if the owners try to force the players to stand. On a related issue I read an article in Sports Illustrated that ESPN probably can't fire their reporter, Jemele Hill (she was suspended for calling for an NFL boycott)) because Connecticut has a law that private companies can't fire employees for their political beliefs.

From the SI article:

"Last Thursday morning James Bhandary-Alexander, the staff attorney for New Haven Legal Assistance, sent an email note to this column on ESPN commentator Jemele Hill, and what ESPN might face should it attempt disciplinary action on Hill that involved dismissal. His note came a couple of days after White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that tweets by Hill calling President Donald Trump a “white supremacist” among other things would be a “fireable offense,” according to Sanders (and thus the White House).

Bhandary-Alexander said that he believed if ESPN attempted to fire Hill it would likely violate Connecticut law. Said Bhandary-Alexander. “We have a statute (Conn. Gen. Stat. 31-51q) that explicitly protects employees—even in the private sector—from retaliation for any First Amendment protected speech. In other words, we enjoy free speech protections vis-ŕ-vis both the government and our private employers. The statute protects our rights as employees to express ourselves on matters of public concern, such as whether the President is a racist. This hasn’t been mentioned but would certainly limit ESPN’s ability to discipline her without violating the law. I use this statute often to protect low-wage workers attempting to assert their rights, but it protects her, too.”"

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/0...spn-discipline

Of course it's totally anti liberty for the government to interfere with private contracts between individuals, although I'm guessing there's a few here that disagree.

Another solution that has been offered is for the taxpayer subsidies at the state and local level to be considered taxable income by the federal government.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...nfl-tax-breaks

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    It's blood and soil. A group of people, bound together through kinship and love, and the homeland that they've built together. You don't have it. I know. Not everyone does. You're off gallivanting in China and here, there, and everywhere, and could hardly be brought to care less about any particular land, or as you derisively call it "dirt under your feet." That is: something to spit upon. Nothing more.

But humans in general, for better or worse, are different than you, Christian. They love to have a sense of place, they will have a feeling of pride in the town their family built back in the 1800s, or reverence for the rough stone house their great-grandfather built with his two bare hands.

Blood and soil. Yes, blood and soil. It's fiction to you. It's fiction to rabbits. They see it as just a mass, incomprehensible delusion, as atheists see a belief in God as being. But wolves are territorial. As are more typical humans, long-term viable humans. They feel a deep and abiding connection to their property, to their communities, to the miniature worlds which they so painstakingly build. They feel a deep connection to their past, their ancestors. They feel a strong -- a primary -- sense of duty and obligation regarding their future generations, their great-grand-children.

Note: not the past, the future, but their past, their future. And in deed and very fact it shall be theirs, for the rabbit people have no future. The future belongs to K.
    Yes, by all means, let us abandon all reason and devolve back into mindless animals and act on pure instinct. Absolutely a genius idea. Of course, rabbits don't have nuclear weapons, so their little rabbit fights over territory claims won't result in the end of all life on Earth and human wars could. But, you know. Whatever. Just embrace that Natural Man.

Never mind that humans have the rational power to overcome all that meaningless territorial bull crap.Never mind we have the power to build bigger, greater, and wealthier societies than have ever existed in all of history by embracing each other, embracing free trade, and embracing human liberty. Never mind that your "long term viable humans" is a completely horse$#@! argument trying to wallpaper over the fact that it is these same arguments that have lead to the political, economic, and social retardation of the human race and the slaughter of untold millions through all of history. You kind are all the same. You imagine yourself as big bad wolves when in reality all of you are yapping chihuahuas, threatened by the rising tide of humanity and scared of just how overwhelming the future of humanity really is, so much so that you insist on trying to drag us back to the Middle Ages. If it weren't for the fact that you're willing to murder others for your cause, excuse me "kill to defend the Volk" you would just be pathetic.

Your kind of thinking is absolutely embarrassment Fascism has no place among rational, intelligent people. Especially not those who embrace Liberty. Indeed, you cannot claim to believe what you do and be a defender of liberty. Your racial identity politics belongs with the rest of the Leftist SJW propaganda- in the garbage.

And you're totally unworthy to bear the name Helmuth Hübener, a 16 year old who was murdered for defying the Nazi regime (https://bycommonconsent.com/2014/10/...his-execution/) while arguing the first plank of the National Socialist program:

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Yes, and Helmuth Hubener was executed because he was a "danger to the war effort". So I'm sure you agree with the decision to behead him...
    I respect *his* decision that *he* made as to how *he* was going to live his one, irreplaceable life, with courage and integrity.

That's one thing I've been on about the last year or so on the forum. Yes? You have perhaps noticed? I hope so. It's that: let's worry about our own actions and our own lives rather than obsess -- Constantly! IMPOTENTLY! -- about what other people really ought to be doing, how the world ought to be run if you had your way, bla, blabla, blabla.

You have already earned your PhD. in complaining, CA. Many times over. So have I. So have most of us here on RPF. It's done. You earned it. You can't get a second PhD. in the same subject. Time to move on. Agreed?

Agreed.

So do you get me yet? Hitler's gonna do what Hitler's gonna do; all I can decide is what *I* am going-a do. Capesche? Feel free, by all means, to rail impotently against dead leaders of whom you disapprove. Right on! Fight the man, brother! Don't misunderstand my posts. I'm just describing reality, not necessarily taking a position on it. Stating facts, not making facts -- in other words: don't blame me! In war, you try to win. Atrocities happen. The atrocity is kind of when the war is declared, actually. You really wanna whine about humanely interred Nips having to be in some camps? How about mountains of bodies of *dead* American, Australian, and other nationalities strewn all across the Pacific, hundreds of thousands of carcasses? Were their precious rights being violated? Maybe slightly? How about the lovely pile of bodies under the fifth story window, of women raped and then thrown out the window? A new one added every few minutes. How about babies getting napalmed?

You wanna whine about being violated in war, get some bloody perspective.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 10-11-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I respect *his* decision that *he* made as to how *he* was going to live his one, irreplaceable life, with courage and integrity.

That's one thing I've been on about the last year or so on the forum. Yes? You have perhaps noticed? I hope so. It's that: let's worry about our own actions and our own lives rather than obsess -- Constantly! IMPOTENTLY! -- about what other people really ought to be doing, how the world ought to be run if you had your way, bla, blabla, blabla.

You have already earned your PhD. in complaining, CA. Many times over. So have I. So have most of us here on RPF. It's done. You earned it. You can't get a second PhD. in the same subject. Time to move on. Agreed?

Agreed.

So do you get me yet? Hitler's gonna do what Hitler's gonna do; all I can decide is what *I* am going-a do. Capesche? Feel free, by all means, to rail impotently against dead leaders of whom you disapprove. Right on! Fight the man, brother! Don't misunderstand my posts. I'm just describing reality, not necessarily taking a position on it. Stating facts, not making facts -- in other words: don't blame me! In war, you try to win. Atrocities happen. The atrocity is kind of when the war is declared, actually. You really wanna whine about humanely interred Nips having to be in some camps? How about mountains of bodies of *dead* American, Australian, and other nationalities strewn all across the Pacific, hundreds of thousands of carcasses? Were their precious rights being violated? Maybe slightly? How about the lovely pile of bodies under the fifth story window, of women raped and then thrown out the window? A new one added every few minutes. How about babies getting napalmed?

You wanna whine about being violated in war, get some bloody perspective.
    So that's your explanation? "Atrocities happen"? Like they were just random events that happened by pure chance. No one is responsible. No one is "guilty"...

Oh, so some other bad guys do bad things so it's OK for you to do bad things to others who did not hurt you. Ya, live that way if you want. I don't want to be around you for sure. You might decide that I'm one of the people you want to do atrocities to (oh, excuse me, they would just "happen" to me...)

Oh, and for the sake of poor Helmuth Hubener please change your forum name. You are making the poor guy roll over in his grave...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Yes, by all means, let us abandon all reason and devolve back into mindless animals and act on pure instinct. Absolutely a genius idea.
    Just think of me as the Animal whisperer. Rabbits like you don't understand the wolves. The wolves, for the most part, don't understand the rabbits. I understand them both. I am a valuable bridge. I can help you to understand a whole new large set of people that heretofore you have found inexplicable as "mindless animals." They're not. So, Ask Me Anything!

Again, I'll tell you what I told CA: don't shoot (insult, smear, hate...) the messenger. I'm just passing on info about reality. Explaining how come some people -- a lot of people -- the vast majority of people on this planet of ours -- -- DO care about country and find it a highly meaningful concept in their lives. This is a facet of reality. Don't you think it would be fascinating to learn about it? Ignorance is.... so dull!

You kind are all the same, trying to drag us back to the Middle Ages.
    Now, now, we're not getting "collectivist" now, are we? Good bet if you met me, you would not identify me as, much less lump me in with, whatever "kind" you think you've ever-so-neatly taxonomied me as.

And weren't you trying to tell us all how great and wonderful the Middle Ages were a while back? Can't'cha keep your stories straight, teach'? Why don't you teach us all something about the Middle Ages? Just what is it that makes you hate the Middle Ages so bad?

And you're totally unworthy to bear the name Helmuth Hübener.
    And yet, somehow it was I, and not thee, who chose him as my avatar! Hmm. How could that be, do you think, Prof? The fact is, he and I share a lot of character, for better or worse.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sports are h o m o, tackle a horse. - Terry Davis, High Priest of TempleOS, quoting Mr. God

Group calls for NFL boycott on Veterans Day – and already has 120,000 supporters
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10...00-supporters/

The “Boycott the NFL” Facebook page has been “liked” by nearly 120,000, and is being followed by more than 122,000 people.
    The open community group simply explains, “Until millionaire football players stop protesting the National Anthem of the United States, we’ll be here.”

The group wants members to not watch or listen to any NFL games on Nov. 12 and 13 in deference to Veterans Day.
    This would affect all Sunday NFL games and the Monday Night Football game.

https://www.facebook.com/Boycott-The...9285205413259/

Friend of mine sent me this in an e-mail:

To everyone who has served or has a relative that has served and died for this country, please read and pass on to everyone on your e-mail list. Mark the day on your calendar and boycott the NFL!!!

National boycott of the NFL on Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend.
    You asked how we can get the word out. This is how the American Legion and the VFW are getting the word out. Will other American organizations follow with their membership?
    To the NFL players: You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.
    You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.
    You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.
    You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.
    On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans.. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.
    To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.
    --- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE ---
    National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin.
    Please "share", "copy and paste".

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Never mind that humans have the rational power to overcome all that meaningless territorial bull crap
    LOL WUT?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Lousiana Cops Boycott Ford Over Support For Kneeling NFL Players

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-12/lousiana-cops-boycott-ford-over-support-kneeling-nfl-players

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Lousiana Cops Boycott Ford Over Support For Kneeling NFL Players

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...ng-nfl-players
    Now if only it were possible to boycott the cops...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Group calls for NFL boycott on Veterans Day – and already has 120,000 supporters
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10...00-supporters/

The “Boycott the NFL” Facebook page has been “liked” by nearly 120,000, and is being followed by more than 122,000 people.
    The open community group simply explains, “Until millionaire football players stop protesting the National Anthem of the United States, we’ll be here.”

The group wants members to not watch or listen to any NFL games on Nov. 12 and 13 in deference to Veterans Day.
    This would affect all Sunday NFL games and the Monday Night Football game.

https://www.facebook.com/Boycott-The...9285205413259/
    Personally I want to boycott the games for a different reason. I'm sick and tired of going to a game and getting the goonerment propaganda during the pre-game AND during some of the commercials. They always want to drag out some veteran and ask everyone to honor him for his "service". Until only a few years back none of this was an issue because it was not covered at games (or at least not very often). It's only since 2008 or so when the goonerment started PAYING sports venues to promote pro-goonerment propaganda that this has become an issue.

It's quite appropriate that there is this big anti-goonerment backlash from some people who are sick and tired of the worship service. I will pick my own "god", thank you very much...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Friend of mine sent me this in an e-mail:
    By Veteran's Day this will be "old news" (it already is for most people) and nobody will care. The people signing up to not attend any games that weekend were probably not going to a game in the first place.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast