Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There is more to a quarterbacks ability than his w/l record. Also nobody, not even Colin himself thinks he is the best quarter back.
    Sure. He also can't read the field, remember the plays, study the plays or exhibit any leadership. But he can run the ball, so who needs to know the play?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where are u getting their proposed solution from. As far as I know they are just asking for more police accontability.
    From the Black Lives Matter umbrella organization:

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/

Besides that, almost every article or interview I've seen.

Lastly Trump only got criticized becauee he inserted himself into the debate. Plus he threw the first punch by asking for them to be fired.
    I agree, I just wish the announcers would ignore it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

Did you read the first one? 'Radical and sustaining'? Sounds like they want to milk our udders for eternity. It's never about one issue with leftists because their entire twisted agenda is intertwined.

A progressive restructuring of tax codes at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure a radical and sustainable redistribution of wealth.

Not the same group. But if u can make a connection between the NFL protesters and that website, please make it

Not the same group. But if u can make a connection between the NFL protesters and that website, please make it
    What's not the same group?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    they are not getting a good reception in LA so far so maybe it isn't so green there either.
    I could have told them that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lastly Trump only got criticized becauee he inserted himself into the debate. Plus he threw the first punch by asking for them to be fired.
    I could care less about the National Anthem, but I think Trump made a great move here. He literally moved the goal posts.

Like others have said, black lives matter may have a grievance we can identify and agree on, but their belief structure and their solutions are not liberty friendly at all.

Trump is going to show the NFL that if they want to keep their fanbase, they need to move away from being social justice warriors.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I could care less about the National Anthem, but I think Trump made a great move here. He literally moved the goal posts.

Like others have said, black lives matter may have a grievance we can identify and agree on, but their belief structure and their solutions are not liberty friendly at all.

Trump is going to show the NFL that if they want to keep their fanbase, they need to move away from being social justice warriors.
    It should be up to the NFL to decide if it is a problem and what to do about protests. The government should not be telling a business what to do and who to fire. There is also the question of free speech.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-25-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    baloney sausage. Plenty of douchebags screamed for Tebow to be fired.
    link please

"Just look at NASCAR."

https://www.cbssports.com/general/ne...ts-in-america/

NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt Jr. voices support for peaceful protests in America

Over the weekend, several NASCAR team owners made it clear that they didn't want any displays of protest during the national anthem. While many NFL players and other figures across the league found various ways to protest President Trump's comments about firing players who kneel or sit during the anthem, numerous figures across NASCAR supported the President's statement.

Team owners Richard Childress and Richard Petty were both quite outspoken regarding the possibility of protests, even going as far as to threaten termination for any employees who protested during the anthem.

"Anybody that don't stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period," Petty said, via the Associated Press. "What got 'em where they're at? The United States."

Petty went on to say that any protestors would be fired from Richard Petty Motorsports, and Childress echoed that statement to his team.

"It'll get you a ride on a Greyhound bus," Childress said.

But at least one key NASCAR figure isn't on board with Trump's comments or the threats from team owners. Shortly after Trump's tweet Monday, iconic driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. sent out a message supporting the rights of Americans to a peaceful protest. He drove home his message with a quote from President John F. Kennedy.

It's not the first time that Earnhardt has disagreed with policies and views of the President, but it will be interesting to see how his stance is received by the NASCAR community, much of which seems to be in agreement with Trump. No protests were made before Sunday's race in Loudon, New Hampshire.

The government should not be telling a business what to do and who to fire.
    LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Gee too bad. It was one of the few things I agreed with Bush on (and now I guess I don't). Not that I agree with the "God damned" part, just the "piece of paper" part. That's all the Constitution is. A piece of paper that some men signed their names to over 200 years ago that has NO (ZERO) authority over me or anyone else living today. I cannot be party to something that was written before I was born. There are some good words written on that paper for sure but that's all they are - good words. There is NOTHING that binds the goonerment to follow those words and certainly nothing there that says I have to worship some cloth hanging from a flag pole.

Everyone who gets all warm and fuzzy about that flag just keep those warm fuzzy feelings in your heart when you have to give up all that hard earned cash each pay check. Before 1948 NO WORKER ever paid a tax to the federal goonerment. Just think on that for a second and then go hoist your flag...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    link please
    I don't have a link for vocal cords. I lived during that time and heard it with my own two ears.

Trump won't show them but declining sales will!

Actually I've cut back watching NFL games not so much because of this but because of the increasing complexity of the rules and inconsistent enforcement. I think it was sunday night football last week where the refs called back a long gain because the receiver set a pick. The announcers said that it should've been legal because it was within a yard of the line of scrimmage. How can the refs possibly keep track of all those intricate rules and make split second decisions? And some of those nit picky penalties make a huge difference in the outcome of the game. I hate it when it's like 3rd and 20 and the defense is called for a 5 yard penalty and it's an automatic first down. It should be 3rd and 15, not a first down in that case. I think a very large percentage of games are decided by bad calls. Maybe like 30% or so. It probably evens out over a season but not for each game. I don't think it's fixed, but I think they've let it grow too complicated over time and the refs can't keep track of it.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The government should not be telling a business what to do and who to fire.
    Why are all of your posts so contorted?

The "government" isn't telling the NFL what to do or who to fire, Trump is just saying it as a suggestion or a personal opinion.

Why are all of your posts so contorted?

The "government" isn't telling the NFL what to do or who to fire, Trump is just saying it as a suggestion or a personal opinion.
    He did not order them to be fired but did say they should be fired. Not his business to say what they should do.

Trump said NFL owners should respond to the players by saying, "Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, he's fired. He's fired!"

Funny how the left doesn't believe that, even when you're NOT on company time.

He did not order them to be fired but did say they should be fired. Not his business to say what they should do.
    Wait...football millionaires have free speech rights even while on the job, but the Chief Executive does not?

Trump won't show them but declining sales will!

Actually I've cut back watching NFL games not so much because of this but because of the increasing complexity of the rules and inconsistent enforcement. I think it was sunday night football last week where the refs called back a long gain because the receiver set a pick. The announcers said that it should've been legal because it was within a yard of the line of scrimmage. How can the refs possibly keep track of all those intricate rules and make split second decisions? And some of those nit picky penalties make a huge difference in the outcome of the game. I hate it when it's like 3rd and 20 and the defense is called for a 5 yard penalty and it's an automatic first down. It should be 3rd and 15, not a first down in that case. I think a very large percentage of games are decided by bad calls. Maybe like 30% or so. It probably evens out over a season but not for each game. I don't think it's fixed, but I think they've let it grow too complicated over time and the refs can't keep track of it.
    Police state games for police state nation.

Seek entertainment elsewhere.

FTR: this is why I stopped watching the last pro sports product that I even loosely followed: NASCAR racing.

"Restrictor plates" did it for me.

This is RACING, the object is to go as fast as you can.

Not to mention there has been nothing even remotely "stock" about a stock car in 30 plus years.

About the only form of racing that truly is "unlimited" is the Unlimited classes of this:

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-25-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wait...football millionaires have free speech rights even while on the job, but the Chief Executive does not?
    Presidential statements can carry the force of law. A footballer's words do not.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I don't have a link for vocal cords. I lived during that time and heard it with my own two ears.

Tim Tebow was a truly bad qb. Fans wanted him fired because he couldn't play QB. His taking a knee had nothing to do with their motives.

Anybody that thinks its wrong for the President of the United States to tell a business they ought to fire a bunch of commie losers who disrespect the flag can just get the hell on out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Tim Tebow was a truly bad qb. Fans wanted him fired because he couldn't play QB. His taking a knee had nothing to do with their motives.
    I totally agree and I'm a Gator fan. He had the longest, slowest throwing motion I can remember. Every off season people would say he was fixing his throwing motion and every year I'd watch him almost brush his knee with the ball. He threw more like a baseball pitcher than a football qb.

I totally agree and I'm a Gator fan. He had the longest, slowest throwing motion I can remember. Every off season people would say he was fixing his throwing motion and every year I'd watch him almost brush his knee with the ball. He threw more like a baseball pitcher than a football qb.
    Winning is everything.

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-montana...201300260.html

Joe Montana: Colin Kaepernick isn't in the NFL for the same reason Tim Tebow isn't

Joe Montana, one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, on Tuesday discussed the saga of fellow ex-49er Kaepernick, one of the most famous quarterbacks in recent NFL history. Why, Montana was asked, isn’t Kaepernick signed with any team? And Montana gave the answer of sports media folks’ dreams.

“I’m not sure,” Montana said, per The Sporting News. “I think [if] there’s an injury somewhere he probably gets in … You look at Tim Tebow—a great guy and everybody was talking about him. But what it comes down to is 40 percent completion or even in the low 50s, you can’t win in the league with that. You won’t be in the league very long. It comes down to his play as much as anything.”

Tebow, for the record, had a completion percentage of 47.9 for 35 games. Kaepernick, on the other hand, had a completion percentage of 59.8 over 69 games; in fact, his lowest completion percentage in his career was 58.4. But if it’s not poor play, what else could be keeping Kaepernick out of the NFL?

“Everyone thinks it is the stance he took,” Montana said. “One of the things you don’t look for is distractions in the locker room. You can go back to Bill Walsh and as soon as there were guys that weren’t fitting in what he was looking for, it didn’t matter how good you were. You weren’t on the team for very long. You have to have people who want the same thing, fighting for the same thing and willing to put in the time.”

There’s no need to parse Montana’s comments. If you’re still reading this—and especially if you’re not reading this, having already headed to the comment section—your opinion on Kaepernick and the reasons behind his absence from the league are likely set in stone. Maybe he’s not suitable to play backup. Maybe his kneeling during the anthem in protest of police violence upset too many of the wrong people. Maybe he’s a locker room distraction. Maybe he’s just not a good player any longer. Whatever the reason, the result is the same: Kaepernick is out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Villanueva is a former Army Ranger who served in Afghanistan and has an endorsement deal with USAA. Fowler reports that he was a “key figure” in the planning of the protest because of his background.

“I don't want to go into that, but we support our guy, Al,” Cam Heyward said via ESPN. “He feels he had to do it. This guy served our country, and we thank him for it.”
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/25/1...nthem-surprise

Presidential statements can carry the force of law. A footballer's words do not.
    Well, I must confess that's the first time in my life I ever heard anyone but a soccer player referred to as a 'footballer'.

So, how's Manchester United looking this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Tebow and Kaepernick, top running QBs getting drummed out of the NFL. The NFL blackballs running QBs. They really want to sell the "NFL is a passing league" bs.

Tebow wins a playoff game, loses a playoff game, and never starts another NFL game at QB.

Kaepernick is one of the 3 QBs drafted this decade to make it to the Super Bowl - also Newton and Wilson.

Tebow, Kaepernick, Newton, Wilson, RGIII, Pryor, Taylor - those 7 are the only QBs drafted this decade to run for 500+ in a season, 4 of the 7 are not currently playing QB in the NFL.
    Running QBs aren't as valuable. I haven't watched an NFL game since high school. I know almost nothing about football. But I have read most of the stuff out there on sports betting as stats that create wins for teams.

The reason teams pass much more now than in the past is because it is mathematically optimal to pass more. The only reason teams don't pass every down (other than when they need a small gain) is for game theory purposes. You need to run some to keep the defense on their toes for when you do pass. It is the same reason you have bluff sometimes in poker.

Running quarterbacks are like point guards who shoot a lot like Allen Iverson. They are fun to watch and very overrated. They don't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Running QBs aren't as valuable. I haven't watched an NFL game since high school, but I have read most of the stuff out there on sports betting as stats.

The reason teams pass much more now than in the past is because it is mathematically optimal to pass more. The only reason teams don't pass every down (other than when they need a small gain) is for game theory purposes. You need to run some to keep the defense for when you do pass. It is the same reason you have bluff sometimes in poker.

Running quarterbacks are like point guards who shoot a lot like Allen Iverson. They are fun to watch and very overrated. They don't win.
    They also don't last as long because they get hit more.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast