Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    I'm sorry my answer is the same. I find the silence of boot-licking whites to be more of a threat than any social justice claims those taking the knee allude to. Everyone knows this movement started and continues mainly because of police brutality. People are still currently protesting in St. Louis Missouri not "for social justice" but because yet another cop got off the hook for murdering a black man that was no threat to him.

For me, the much greater threat is the boot of government. Change to our tax laws, living wage, etc., would take years to wind itself through our congress. The more immediate threat (at over 1000 lives lost every year from cops in this country and many more maimed for the rest of their lives) imho is the boot of government and the incredible violence cops have perpetrated on the American people.
    Don't you realize that stronger discrimination laws, more progressive taxation, living wage, etc = more government = more police brutality?

What specifically do you think should be done about the problem?

Edit:

If it was just about police brutality I wouldn't be irritated but it's not. Here is a quote from Kaepernick, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."
    Last edited by Madison320; 09-26-2017 at 03:49 PM.