Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The problem with the NFL protestors

The NFL players that are protesting over unfair treatment of blacks are annoying to me for a couple reasons:

1. Many of their "solutions" like more wealth distribution and tighter enforcement of discrimination laws are only going to make the problem much worse.

2. It ruins watching the games when I have to hear the announcers talk about it. I want to watch football not a political show.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I want to watch football
    Maybe you should rethink your leisure options...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yes, this.

Motorcycles can be fun, watch out for the refs though.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Motorcycles can be fun, watch out for the refs though.
    A superb choice.

But yes, keep an eye out for the crooked $#@!ing zebras.

I find many things annoying about this whole thing, but one that stands out to me:

If I were to attempt something similar, I would get fired.

All across the corporate world, step out of line in the slightest way and you will be pounding the pavement before you know what happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I find many things annoying about this whole thing, but one that stands out to me:

All across the corporate world, step out of line in the slightest way and you will be pounding the pavement before you know what happened to you.
    If a condition of my employment was such that I had to publicly get up and state my fealty to a symbol of State worship, I'm pretty sure I'd find another job.

I don't really care one way or the other about this "controversy". Stand up, kneel down, bend over, or do the worm. Not hurting me in any way.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If a condition of my employment was such that I had to publicly get up and state my fealty to a symbol of State worship, I'm pretty sure I'd find another job.

I don't really care one way or the other about this "controversy". Stand up, kneel down, bend over, or do the worm. Not hurting me in any way.
    I don't like the "standing for the national anthem" thing either. If the players were protesting an overly intrusive government I wouldn't mind as much, but the they want MORE government not LESS. Although ideally I wish they'd keep politics out of it altogether.

Check out the BLM economic demands. It's communism with a racial twist.

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I don't like the "standing for the national anthem" thing either. If the players were protesting an overly intrusive government I wouldn't mind as much, but the they want MORE government not LESS. Although ideally I wish they'd keep politics out of it altogether.

Check out the BLM economic demands. It's communism with a racial twist.

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/
    That pretty much sums it up.

+1 rep

I've never watched the NFL. I've never gave a hot damn about kneeling or not kneeling. I never gave a damn about Tebow or Kaepernick. The one thing that annoys the snot out of me is the hypocrisy of Tebow getting criticized by the left for taking a knee to thank God, while these other people are getting praised by the same people for taking a knee to protest America. And the vice versa on the right.

I couldn't possibly care less about any of this nonsense, probably on account of I couldn't possible care less about the NFL and hand-egg in general, but the hypocrisy on both sides annoys the snot out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I've never watched the NFL. I've never gave a hot damn about kneeling or not kneeling. I never gave a damn about Tebow or Kaepernick. The one thing that annoys the snot out of me is the hypocrisy of Tebow getting criticized by the left for taking a knee to thank God, while these other people are getting praised by the same people for taking a knee to protest America. And the vice versa on the right.

I couldn't possibly care less about any of this nonsense, probably on account of I couldn't possible care less about the NFL and hand-egg in general, but the hypocrisy on both sides annoys the snot out of me.
    The difference between the some in the left that criticized Teabow and Trump and his fan boys are calling for these people to be fired. The people on the left were just butt hurt because they thought he was being pretentious with the whole Jesus thing. He was also going around saying he was a virgin. Essentially, people not just liberals were fed up with the righteous self and they started mounting off.

This is very different from what the **********s are doing

AMEN!

My POV exactly.
    There is no spoon.

+rep

Well, that's one way to clear your sinuses.
    "The Patriarch"

Tebow and Kaepernick, top running QBs getting drummed out of the NFL. The NFL blackballs running QBs. They really want to sell the "NFL is a passing league" bs.

Tebow wins a playoff game, loses a playoff game, and never starts another NFL game at QB.

Kaepernick is one of the 3 QBs drafted this decade to make it to the Super Bowl - also Newton and Wilson.

Tebow, Kaepernick, Newton, Wilson, RGIII, Pryor, Taylor - those 7 are the only QBs drafted this decade to run for 500+ in a season, 4 of the 7 are not currently playing QB in the NFL.

+1 rep. Totally agree.

My question is is standing for the National Anthem actually a condition of their employment? Is it written in their contracts?

Thousands of posts all over the internet have angry people saying they can 'protest on their own time' but not on their employer's time. But where in their contracts is it explicitly written that they have to do anything more than play football?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    +1 rep. Totally agree.

My question is is standing for the National Anthem actually a condition of their employment? Is it written in their contracts?

Thousands of posts all over the internet have angry people saying they can 'protest on their own time' but not on their employer's time. But where in their contracts is it explicitly written that they have to do anything more than play football?
    NFL rules don't even require the anthem to be played- they have no rules at all concerning it so it won't be in any player contracts either. (see post #74 above)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Whether or not that makes Tebow a "winner" in a broader sense of the word is much harder to pin down.

Over 16 career starts, he is just 9-7 overall (including the postseason). Most would agree that a career winning percentage of 56.3 shouldn't be tied to one of the game's true "winners."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...eally-a-winner
    And Kaepernick was 2-10 last year. But every SJW will tell you he's one of the best QBs in the league...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not if you were black...

Not if you were black...
    Travis Kelcey, the most bad a** TE there is in the NFL also knelt for the anthem and he hasn't been fired and he could kneel from now till next year and nothing will ever happen to him.

Oh, forget to mention the fact that he is white as hell. They are not getting fired because they have contractual agreement between them and their employers that gives them some employment security and I say some protection because Kapernick was eventually fired when his contract wasn't picked up the next season. Also most of you guys are absolutely replaceable at your jobs and these guys are one of a kind. There is no other Travis Kelcey on the unemployment line to replace him with.

Everything isn't always about race.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Travis Kelcey, the most bad a** TE there is in the NFL also knelt for the anthem and he hasn't been fired and he could kneel from now till next year and nothing will ever happen to him.

Oh, forget to mention the fact that he is white as hell. They are not getting fired because they have contractual agreement between them and their employers that gives them some employment security and I say some protection because Kapernick was eventually fired when his contract wasn't picked up the next season. Also most of you guys are absolutely replaceable at your jobs and these guys are one of a kind. There is no other Travis Kelcey on the unemployment line to replace him with.

I don't consider Kelcey to be white.

He's a dumbphucker.

From Wikipedia:
    Kelce is currently dating Kayla Nicole, a reporter for HotNewHipHop.

Motive:

Cultural appropriation caused by jungle fever.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 09-24-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Travis Kelcey...
    haha! Did you just go out of your way to find my last post to neg rep me on cause I negged repped you for putting a 'y' on the end of Travis Kelce's name? Why not just go and correct it? Bwahaha! He sure was pedestrian today wasn't he? Did he get hurt or something? I just know I drafted him cause he's good and he didn't contribute to my score today.

Not if you were black...
    Colin Kaepernick got fired. Trump may help him get rehired though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Colin Kaepernick got fired. Trump may help him get rehired though.
    This is the very important part most people are missing about this story and that is the fact Colin K to the surprise of many people on this site who think blackness gives one immunity from getting fired, he did get fired for protesting the anthem and he most likely would never be hired ever again in the NFL.

you have a job?
    like a real one... with a boss and everything?
    no wonder you are so pissy all the time...
    why don't you try flying your own flag, and call your own shots?
    I have not had a job for 22 years.
    and if I can do it... so can you.
    eh?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Ummmm.....Colin Kaepernick did get fired. And then Trump made a total jackass of himself and called out the entire NFL and made Colin Kaepernick an overnight hero. Now I don't know your profession. But if all of the best in your profession across an entire industry said "Fvck it. We're not budging".....well I doubt they'd all get fired. Imagine the helluva team an NFL owner would have if the rest of the league fired all of the players standing (well...kneeling) with Kaepernick and one owner broke ranks and said "Screw the flag! Come play for us!"

Now this is what pisses me off. While Obama was president, "patriots" were flying the flag upside down in protest. So....what's the difference? Oh...I know...I know...the flag upside down is a "sign of distress." Well...this country is in distress. And police shootings of unarmed people (and puppies) is a major cause of distress. And yes blacks are disproportionately being shot despite the lies Stefan Molyneux is spewing on the subject. That's because blacks are disproportionately stopped by police. Ron Paul had it right. Blacks use drugs at the same rate as whites but are far more likely to get arrested, convicted and spend longer in prison. So it stands to reason that blacks would be getting shot more. It's a tragedy when some white person, like the Aussie woman, gets shot too. Whites should go to "black lives matter" protests, hold up her picture and say "Her life matters too." Oh but no. The white reaction is "Blue lives matter." Ummmm.....okay. I never saw a blue person in my life (well, except for the blue man group) but okay.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-02-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And then Trump made a total jackass of himself and called out the entire NFL and made Colin Kaepernick an overnight hero. Now I don't know your profession.
    Oh? Different circles, JM. Look, Trump was never going to get the vote of the people for whom ever, in any alternative universe, Colin Kaepernick could potentially become a big hero.

And yes, I am emotionally invested in believing blacks are disproportionately being shot despite the unpleasant truths Stefan Molyneux is spewing on the subject.
    And that's understandable. I totally understand. I don't want to change your mind. I'm not going to change your mind. I have no interest in that. But for everyone else, facts:

http://rightahead.news/the-race-iq-n...n-renaissance/

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

We use event summaries
    from all incidents in which an officer discharges his weapon at civilians – including both hits
    and misses – from three large cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, Houston), six large Florida counties,
    and Los Angeles County, to construct a data-set in which one can investigate racial differences in
    officer-involved shootings. Because all individuals in these data have been involved in a police
    shooting, analysis of these data alone can only estimate racial differences on the intensive margin
    (e.g., did the officer discharge their weapon before or after the suspect attacked).

[W]e find no racial differences in officer-involved shootings on
    either the extensive or intensive margins. For example, using data from Houston, Texas – where
    we have both officer-involved shootings and a randomly chosen set of potential interactions with
    police where lethal force may have been justified – we find, in the raw data, that blacks are 23.8
    percent less likely to be shot at by police relative to whites. Hispanics are 8.5 percent less likely.
    Both coefficients are statistically insignificant. Adding controls for civilian demographics, officer
    demographics, encounter characteristics, type of weapon civilian was carrying, and year fixed effects,
    the black (resp. Hispanic) coefficient is 0.924 (0.417) (resp. 1.256 (0.595)). These coefficients are
    remarkably robust across alternative empirical specifications and subsets of the data. Partitioning
    the data in myriad ways, we find no evidence of racial discrimination in officer-involved shootings.
    Investigating the intensive margin – the timing of shootings or how many bullets were discharged
    in the endeavor – there are no detectable racial differences.

~~~

Given that blacks are about, oh, 3000% more likely to commit violent crimes, that is, to be out on the street day in and day out stupidly doing things that are going to inevitably cause run-ins with the police, and also that the researchers were total leftists who absolutely did not want to find this result and did everything they could to spin it to the SJW narrative,* this is a very strong and very significant finding.

* As was sensible and self-interested for them, to avoid being crucified, after all. They have careers to consider; they don't want to be destroyed. Remember Dr. James Watson. And Dr. David Starkey, and Sir Timothy Hunt , and even Freeman Dyson. These people are priceless treasures for humanity -- and still living! We ought to be beating a path to their door and giving them all the resources they need to do their work, while we still have them! Instead, they are savagely attacked and their careers destroyed, their work ended, forced into retirement. Fired. Pariahs. And by whom? By savages, SJW predators who can't comprehend 1/10 of a percent of their work. They are just mindless, Vampire Rabbit scum, genetically programmed to be bent on destroying civilization.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 10-03-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Yes he he could pass his time where AF does: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Eff these guys.

If I want to watch a nice humble game of football, I watch my local college Division II game for free on the internetz.

Or if I want to see one in person, I can drop about $5 at the college or the high skrool.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast