Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Very few things required by employers are spelled out in contracts.

Do NFL employers require this?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Do NFL employers require this?
    That is the real question. And apparently they don't require it.

But they have taken sides in a political battle, which is never good for business, unless your true business is Marxism.

Monopolies and oligopolies don't care about pleasing customers. This is an extension of what we have seen from the mainstream media and the largest tech companies. Screw you, they are taking sides, and they don't care about consequences when it serves their higher agenda.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Tebow and Kaepernick, top running QBs getting drummed out of the NFL. The NFL blackballs running QBs. They really want to sell the "NFL is a passing league" bs.

Tebow wins a playoff game, loses a playoff game, and never starts another NFL game at QB.

Kaepernick is one of the 3 QBs drafted this decade to make it to the Super Bowl - also Newton and Wilson.

Tebow, Kaepernick, Newton, Wilson, RGIII, Pryor, Taylor - those 7 are the only QBs drafted this decade to run for 500+ in a season, 4 of the 7 are not currently playing QB in the NFL.
    All of them besides Wilson are terrible.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Alejandro Villanueva apologizes for throwing Steeler teammates ‘under the bus’
    http://fox2now.com/2017/09/25/alejan...under-the-bus/
    Alejandro Villanueva, a Steelers lineman and U.S. Army veteran, was pictured standing alone before Sunday’s game during the national anthem while the rest of the team refused to take the field in protest. His stand has made his jersey one of the top sellers in the NFL.

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said in a press conference Monday. “Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed.”

What a jackass. Now the mad rush to cancel the swag from all those that supported his earlier stance.
    Agreed. I wonder how the former rangers he served with are going to feel?

The flag is different than government. Imo the flag represents what the people believe in, our freedoms, our country. It doesn't represent government and government is the one at fault here. Not country.
    Not saying you are saying otherwise.

NFL Players Kneel During Anthem, Stand For ‘God Save The Queen’

Dozens of NFL players for the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars showed a unified front on Sunday and kneeled as the national anthem played during the start of their game in London, defying President Trump’s attacks on the league’s athletes.
    Those who were not kneeling, including the coaches on both teams and Jaguars owner Shahid Khan, locked arms during the national anthem at the game in London’s Wembley Stadium. Players taking a knee during the performance included Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and C.J. Mosley, wide receiver Mike Wallace and safety Lardarius Webb as well as Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette, linebacker Dante Fowler, defensive tackle Calais Campbell, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue and cornerback Jalen Ramsey.
    The players then stood up for “God Save the Queen,” the British anthem.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...ks-on-nfl.html

Because the UK is such a wonderful example to the world?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Tebow and Kaepernick, top running QBs getting drummed out of the NFL. The NFL blackballs running QBs. They really want to sell the "NFL is a passing league" bs.

Tebow wins a playoff game, loses a playoff game, and never starts another NFL game at QB.

Kaepernick is one of the 3 QBs drafted this decade to make it to the Super Bowl - also Newton and Wilson.

Tebow, Kaepernick, Newton, Wilson, RGIII, Pryor, Taylor - those 7 are the only QBs drafted this decade to run for 500+ in a season, 4 of the 7 are not currently playing QB in the NFL.
    Besides what others have said maybe the biggest reason is they don't last long. Wilson slides and avoids contact. That's an anomaly for a running QB.

Taylors done decent enough. This is his 3rd full season. First 2 had 100 carries. He wont last.

Newtons a beast but even when Carolina had the big year and he got MVP, he didn't do anything much different, The passing tds went up because of the defense and turnovers they got. He's a 60 percent passer. Besides the running of course. He's good at that. Gets a decent amount of rushing TDs on a team with good running backs. lol

Cunningham is another. After becoming starter in his 3rd year, he started most of his games the next 4 years. After that, 3 times in the next 10 seasons. 1998 was his best season and he did it passing not running. 32 carries for a full season, next lowest rushing attempts he had in a full season, was 65 carries.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 09-26-2017 at 12:19 AM.

That is the real question. And apparently they don't require it.

So it is optional.

Religion and politics are known to be hotly contested subjects; it makes no sense to me to include either one in a work place since it has nothing to do with the skills and the talents of the people that work there nor the mission of the employer. I can understand countries anthems in international sporting events like the Olympics when different countries compete. The inclusion in a local sporting event makes no sense to me. And so I would agree with the NFL employers that something like this should be optional.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. imho the best outcome would be to completely separate sports from politics and save the anthem for political rallies and such.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I oppose players using my resources to protest anything.
    A police sick day is also using your resources.

I support government employees not showing up when what the people they are there to protect and serve protest their presence. The message would be "If you don't want us here, then fine. We can stay home with our families. Deal with the traffic and security through private means."
    I don't think that government employees should be able to make the decision of who is sufficiently patriotic or worthy of government services.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We need to start our own movement to change the state and local laws that give the cops a get out of jail free card...
    There are already laws against police abuse of authority and brutality. A hundred more laws will not change anything if juries refuse to convict.

The problem is culture. I would argue that the culture that can't bear athletes kneeling during the national anthem is the same culture that sees police as beyond reproach and an entity that needs to be supported regardless of its actions. It is a religion of state which will not bear any 'offense' against it.

We need to show everyone that you can oppose the current state of the nation and still respect the ideals it should represent.
    Which side is disrespecting the nation's ideals? The group attempting to make things better, but whose methods you disagree with, or the group attempting to quash dissent?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The kneeling doesn't me but the "solution" represented by the kneeling does. Doesn't it bother you?
    Opposing their kneeling is not going to change their opinion as to what the solution should be. Supporting them in trying to change things and then engaging them in reasoned discussion about the best solution to the country's problems would be more productive.

The person best able to have that conversation is the person kneeling beside them.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Wow... I can't believe how far from LIBERTY this forum has gone. I remember the good ol' days when people here used to quote Ron Paul and want to be like him. Now a good number of you want to start boot licking and feeling all good about waving a flag while bombing the $#@! out of anyone you think looks at you sideways. Why am I here again???
    Yah. Pay attention.

The boot-licking here is a reaction to BLM. If the protest was anti-BLM (Bureau of Land Management), you'd be seeing posters falling all over each other in support of the kneelers.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Police state games for police state nation.

Seek entertainment elsewhere.

FTR: this is why I stopped watching the last pro sports product that I even loosely followed: NASCAR racing.

"Restrictor plates" did it for me.

This is RACING, the object is to go as fast as you can.

Not to mention there has been nothing even remotely "stock" about a stock car in 30 plus years.

About the only form of racing that truly is "unlimited" is the Unlimited classes of this:

Nope, there's another... The worlds fastest racing...

BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't think that government employees should be able to make the decision of who is sufficiently patriotic or worthy of government services.
    Are you not getting the players are protesting the police? Try to keep up.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. It ruins watching the games when I have to hear the announcers talk about it. I want to watch football not a political show.
    That the crazed, insane, batty Anti-RAYAYAYAYCYST Social "Justice" "Warriors" (really anti-social, anti-justice Rabbits) have chosen to infect and ruin one of the last simple, enjoyable, carefree escapes that normal, working white men have is..... fantastic!

Their march has gone as far as it can (for now). All sympathy is being lost. As they descend into Leftist Singularity, the entire rest of the country, every marginally sane man left, is becoming disgusted by their deranged behavior and aligning as their avowed enemy.

Come, K-Shift, come!

It would be interesting to Jaywalk in the locker room to ask a bunch of these guys what they are protesting against.

Whether they know it or not, they are protesting white people and what is left of a free market, constitutional form of government.

Opposing their kneeling is not going to change their opinion as to what the solution should be. Supporting them in trying to change things and then engaging them in reasoned discussion about the best solution to the country's problems would be more productive.

The person best able to have that conversation is the person kneeling beside them.
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you for a second. If during the Obama administration white players were protesting treatment of whites I know damn well you wouldn't be saying that.

One opinion on this nonsense...

He makes some good points.

That reminds me of another irritating thing about Kaepernick's protest. He said he was protesting the oppression of blacks by the US. Is there any other country in the world where blacks have a higher standard of living than in the US?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you ask the players, they probably don't know. In the Titans-Seahawks game, the announcement was specifically about racial inequality and police brutality.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Nope, there's another... The worlds fastest racing...

While I agree that air racing is an insanely fast, breathtaking sport, you are limited in the class of aircraft you can fly, unless I'm mistaken, I could not compete in a surplus T-38.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Whether they know it or not, they are protesting white people and what is left of a free market, constitutional form of government.
    And there it is.

Whether anybody wants to admit it or not, that's the bottom line.

And the people they have aligned themselves with, at least some of the more outspoken ones, have stated, without ambiguity, that they want me, my family, my belief system and my history exterminated.

I have no choice but to align and pick a side now.

I hate having been forced into that position, but it is what it is.

War is all hell.

I owe you a rep.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    So it is optional.

Religion and politics are known to be hotly contested subjects; it makes no sense to me to include either one in a work place since it has nothing to do with the skills and the talents of the people that work there nor the mission of the employer. I can understand countries anthems in international sporting events like the Olympics when different countries compete. The inclusion in a local sporting event makes no sense to me. And so I would agree with the NFL employers that something like this should be optional.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. imho the best outcome would be to completely separate sports from politics and save the anthem for political rallies and such.
    No disagreement here. It's not good business to include partisan politics.

But the anthem is a tradition at sporting events. It is non-partisan. How did it become a tradition? I don't know. Should it change? I don't care.

Should we stand and sing "take me out to the ballpark" at baseball games? Eh, don't care one way or another. Should it be changed? I don't see a reason for these arbitrary, hysterical, partisan political demands to change traditions.

Let's not ignore the big picture. At it's core, this is a Marxist revolution, and that always requires the destruction of existing traditions.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Kaepernick "made it to the Super Bowl" on the back of Alex Smith, who played more of the regular season. Smith had the highest completion percentage and passer rating in the entire NFL that year. Harbaugh replaced him with Kaepernick because a "running Quarterback" was the hot fad of the day. It cost the Niners the Super Bowl, and led to the eventual firing of Jim Harbaugh.

Should government employees get to decide who to serve and who not to serve?

If the answer is no, then it doesn't matter if they're protesting against the police.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I'm sorry but I don't believe you for a second. If during the Obama administration white players were protesting treatment of whites I know damn well you wouldn't be saying that.
    Cool story bro.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the people they have aligned themselves with, at least some of the more outspoken ones, have stated, without ambiguity, that they want me, my family, my belief system and my history exterminated.
    Isn't that the 'Ron Paul is a racist because some people who support him are racists' logic?
    Pinochet is the model

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't that the 'Ron Paul is a racist because some people who support him are racists' logic?
    No.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There are already laws against police abuse of authority and brutality. A hundred more laws will not change anything if juries refuse to convict.

The problem is culture. I would argue that the culture that can't bear athletes kneeling during the national anthem is the same culture that sees police as beyond reproach and an entity that needs to be supported regardless of its actions. It is a religion of state which will not bear any 'offense' against it.

Which side is disrespecting the nation's ideals? The group attempting to make things better, but whose methods you disagree with, or the group attempting to quash dissent?
    I agree with this.

And WHY is an athlete kneeling getting more attention and whining from Trump, & the forum, than the violent protests that have emerged?

Peaceful protesting should be what we are all in favor of- no matter which side you favor.
    There is no spoon.

Cater to your employees, or cater to your customers, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No.
    One word? When it comes to defending Trump, you can write thousand word essays and stand on your head.

Why isn't it guilt by association? If the powers that be can spew deplorable nonsense and call themselves libertarian while doing it, causing people to be leery of us, then why can't they divide us from the anti-fascist police movement by trying to tie it to communism?
    We believe our lying eyes...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast