Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

The problem with the NFL protestors

The NFL players that are protesting over unfair treatment of blacks are annoying to me for a couple reasons:

1. Many of their "solutions" like more wealth distribution and tighter enforcement of discrimination laws are only going to make the problem much worse.

2. It ruins watching the games when I have to hear the announcers talk about it. I want to watch football not a political show.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I want to watch football
    Maybe you should rethink your leisure options...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yes, this.

Motorcycles can be fun, watch out for the refs though.
    "The Patriarch"

I find many things annoying about this whole thing, but one that stands out to me:

If I were to attempt something similar, I would get fired.

All across the corporate world, step out of line in the slightest way and you will be pounding the pavement before you know what happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I find many things annoying about this whole thing, but one that stands out to me:

All across the corporate world, step out of line in the slightest way and you will be pounding the pavement before you know what happened to you.
    If a condition of my employment was such that I had to publicly get up and state my fealty to a symbol of State worship, I'm pretty sure I'd find another job.

I don't really care one way or the other about this "controversy". Stand up, kneel down, bend over, or do the worm. Not hurting me in any way.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Eff these guys.

If I want to watch a nice humble game of football, I watch my local college Division II game for free on the internetz.

Or if I want to see one in person, I can drop about $5 at the college or the high skrool.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not if you were black...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Eff these guys.

If I want to watch a nice humble game of football, I watch my local college Division II game for free on the internetz.

Or if I want to see one in person, I can drop about $5 at the college or the high skrool.
    On side note, I find it amusing that both the Rams and Chargers left towns with an ample supportive fanbase and cities that had bent over backwards to support them in order to move to Los Angeles. And now either the USC or UCLA homegames sell more tickets than Rams and Chargers combined.

Not if you were black...
    Travis Kelcey, the most bad a** TE there is in the NFL also knelt for the anthem and he hasn't been fired and he could kneel from now till next year and nothing will ever happen to him.

Oh, forget to mention the fact that he is white as hell. They are not getting fired because they have contractual agreement between them and their employers that gives them some employment security and I say some protection because Kapernick was eventually fired when his contract wasn't picked up the next season. Also most of you guys are absolutely replaceable at your jobs and these guys are one of a kind. There is no other Travis Kelcey on the unemployment line to replace him with.

Everything isn't always about race.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    On side note, I find it amusing that both the Rams and Chargers left towns with an ample supportive fanbase and cities that had bent over backwards to support them in order to move to Los Angeles. And now either the USC or UCLA homegames sell more tickets than Rams and Chargers combined.
    Huge fan base for Division I football, for sure.

I find Division I football to be almost as nauseating as the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Travis Kelcey, the most bad a** TE there is in the NFL also knelt for the anthem and he hasn't been fired and he could kneel from now till next year and nothing will ever happen to him.

Oh, forget to mention the fact that he is white as hell. They are not getting fired because they have contractual agreement between them and their employers that gives them some employment security and I say some protection because Kapernick was eventually fired when his contract wasn't picked up the next season. Also most of you guys are absolutely replaceable at your jobs and these guys are one of a kind. There is no other Travis Kelcey on the unemployment line to replace him with.

I don't consider Kelcey to be white.

He's a dumbphucker.

Yes he he could pass his time where AF does: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I do not care about any protests , nobody else cares so it is just a waste .

I don't consider Kelcey to be white.

He's a dumbphucker.
    So a white dumbphucker? and just wondering, why don't you like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Motorcycles can be fun, watch out for the refs though.
    A superb choice.

But yes, keep an eye out for the crooked $#@!ing zebras.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well. Doesn't look like people are going to the games these days. I call it a win for society. Maybe people will pay start to pay attention to the name of their secretary of state and what he's doing instead of their running back.

So a white dumbphucker? and just wondering, why don't you like him?
    No, I don't consider him to be white.

Nor was Che, Che.

Here in Nashville that idea is absurd. Nashville had the first black university. Nashville has a university founded on the idea of strengthening common principles (with a black head football coach). Nashville has a strong black tradition and was very active in civil rights from the start.

The Titans stayed in the locker room today. I put the few Titans items I own in a bag and they are now at Goodwill. I have also fired off a letter to the CEO of the Titans saying I am done with football. Tomorrow I plan to write the FOP and suggest they come down with blue flu next home game and I will also write my councilwoman and state legislator demanding that they end funding for the stadium and infruastructure supporting it.

So says the fat little grandma.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If a condition of my employment was such that I had to publicly get up and state my fealty to a symbol of State worship, I'm pretty sure I'd find another job.

I don't really care one way or the other about this "controversy". Stand up, kneel down, bend over, or do the worm. Not hurting me in any way.
    I don't like the "standing for the national anthem" thing either. If the players were protesting an overly intrusive government I wouldn't mind as much, but the they want MORE government not LESS. Although ideally I wish they'd keep politics out of it altogether.

Check out the BLM economic demands. It's communism with a racial twist.

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I don't like the "standing for the national anthem" thing either. If the players were protesting an overly intrusive government I wouldn't mind as much, but the they want MORE government not LESS. Although ideally I wish they'd keep politics out of it altogether.

Check out the BLM economic demands. It's communism with a racial twist.

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/
    That pretty much sums it up.

+1 rep

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well. Doesn't look like people are going to the games these days. I call it a win for society. Maybe people will pay start to pay attention to the name of their secretary of state and what he's doing instead of their running back.

Is that pre-season?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yep. Class warfare couldn't fix the pig, so its race warfare that's really hot.

@Madison320

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is that pre-season?
    Nope. This passed Thursday night.

Or is it past? I dunno.

Last week.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...i get a hoot out of the republicrat dummies whining about 'bringing politics into the equation'...THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS THE EPITOME OF 'BRINGING POLITICS INTO THE EQUATION'....

...lol at many conservative republicans, especially...the 'conservative justice warriors' are showing their true authoritarian mindset: playing the idiot authoritarian in one breath while bloviating about 'liberty and freedom' in the next breath...[in my best shultz impersonation: 'you MUST shtand und act the vay vee vant!']......

...i love it!...hopefully the republican idiot, trump, will continue to shoot his fool mouth off and it will get so bad, so out of hand, 'the national anthem' foolery is scrapped and we can shave a couple of minutes from these already-too-long games...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 09-24-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

From Wikipedia:
    Kelce is currently dating Kayla Nicole, a reporter for HotNewHipHop.

Motive:

Cultural appropriation caused by jungle fever.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 09-24-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I know, why do they go from zero teams to two in LA! Didn't they try that before with the Rams and Raiders? Why not try one team first before going to two?

Did you all know there is actually an NFL rule that requires the National Anthem be played before every game? And that both teams must be on the field to participate? And they must stand, facing the flag, hold helmets in the left hand? And that fines, suspensions, loss of draft picks are on the line for infractions?

That should be interesting.

I would love to see the police call out for next week's games.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

From Wikipedia:

Motive:

Cultural appropriation caused by jungle fever.
    So he stops being white because he is dating(not married) to a black lady?

Btw no freaking way u knew that info before calling him names. I still would like to know what you hate him cos its definitely not this new info about his gf.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast