Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 501

Thread: The problem with the NFL protestors

  1. #391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You realize that the athletes who are protesting are doing it because they feel solidarity with people who are not privileged? Kaepernick basically got fired after protesting. A small handful (like 5?) NFL players protested with him. Donald Trump decided to be the dumbass that he is and turned a marginalized fired player into a worldwide cause. The "privileged class" decided to take a knee for the underprivileged class. The only thing wrong with the "black lives matter" movement is that it's not just black people getting shot for no reason by police. It's white people. It's puppies. It could be you or your child next. Seriously. You call in a suspected rape? You walk up to the police car to give your report? The militarized police officer freaks out because he hears a bank? And you could be shot. And the police officer could get off because he claimed he was "afraid." That's some crap. That should not exist in a country that claims to be the "land of the free and the home of the brave." It should not be tolerated among a group of people who claim to "protect and serve." And whatever it takes for this to be seen as unacceptable should happen.
    Even if it divides by exclusivity, the very people it is supposed to be uniting in seeing it as unnacceptable ?

    Maybe if BLM wasn't such a political tool, so many people would not be bothered by it.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And then Trump made a total jackass of himself and called out the entire NFL and made Colin Kaepernick an overnight hero. Now I don't know your profession.
    Oh? Different circles, JM. Look, Trump was never going to get the vote of the people for whom ever, in any alternative universe, Colin Kaepernick could potentially become a big hero.


    And yes, I am emotionally invested in believing blacks are disproportionately being shot despite the unpleasant truths Stefan Molyneux is spewing on the subject.
    And that's understandable. I totally understand. I don't want to change your mind. I'm not going to change your mind. I have no interest in that. But for everyone else, facts:

    http://rightahead.news/the-race-iq-n...n-renaissance/

    http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

    We use event summaries
    from all incidents in which an officer discharges his weapon at civilians – including both hits
    and misses – from three large cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, Houston), six large Florida counties,
    and Los Angeles County, to construct a data-set in which one can investigate racial differences in
    officer-involved shootings. Because all individuals in these data have been involved in a police
    shooting, analysis of these data alone can only estimate racial differences on the intensive margin
    (e.g., did the officer discharge their weapon before or after the suspect attacked).

    [W]e find no racial differences in officer-involved shootings on
    either the extensive or intensive margins. For example, using data from Houston, Texas – where
    we have both officer-involved shootings and a randomly chosen set of potential interactions with
    police where lethal force may have been justified – we find, in the raw data, that blacks are 23.8
    percent less likely to be shot at by police relative to whites. Hispanics are 8.5 percent less likely.
    Both coefficients are statistically insignificant. Adding controls for civilian demographics, officer
    demographics, encounter characteristics, type of weapon civilian was carrying, and year fixed effects,
    the black (resp. Hispanic) coefficient is 0.924 (0.417) (resp. 1.256 (0.595)). These coefficients are
    remarkably robust across alternative empirical specifications and subsets of the data. Partitioning
    the data in myriad ways, we find no evidence of racial discrimination in officer-involved shootings.
    Investigating the intensive margin – the timing of shootings or how many bullets were discharged
    in the endeavor – there are no detectable racial differences.


    ~~~

    Given that blacks are about, oh, 3000% more likely to commit violent crimes, that is, to be out on the street day in and day out stupidly doing things that are going to inevitably cause run-ins with the police, and also that the researchers were total leftists who absolutely did not want to find this result and did everything they could to spin it to the SJW narrative,* this is a very strong and very significant finding.


    * As was sensible and self-interested for them, to avoid being crucified, after all. They have careers to consider; they don't want to be destroyed. Remember Dr. James Watson. And Dr. David Starkey, and Sir Timothy Hunt , and even Freeman Dyson. These people are priceless treasures for humanity -- and still living! We ought to be beating a path to their door and giving them all the resources they need to do their work, while we still have them! Instead, they are savagely attacked and their careers destroyed, their work ended, forced into retirement. Fired. Pariahs. And by whom? By savages, SJW predators who can't comprehend 1/10 of a percent of their work. They are just mindless, Vampire Rabbit scum, genetically programmed to be bent on destroying civilization.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 10-03-2017 at 08:37 AM.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  4. #393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This is the very important part most people are missing about this story and that is the fact Colin K to the surprise of many people on this site who think blackness gives one immunity from getting fired, he did get fired for protesting the anthem and he most likely would never be hired ever again in the NFL.
    I'll admit so not paying much mind to any of this, other than fanning the flames enough to get more people to tune out of the bread and circuses, which I have railed about for years.

    But didn't CK get fired because he was a lousy QB and not over the protests?

  5. #394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Don't conflate everyone who protests police brutality with whatever agenda the so called "leaders" of black lives matter put on the internet.
    That's true, but I'm more concerned with organized groups because they have more influence in elections.

    And remember, many of the players are protesting police brutality specifically against "blacks" and many are protesting specifically against "black injustice".

    As I said before, I'm an equal opportunity hater. I hate blacks who make it about race and whites who make it about race.

    One thing I will concede is that because the players who are protesting have worked hard to make a lot of money, they are probably less socialistic than the most common black groups.

  6. #395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post



    The American flag is a symbol of freedom.

    At the same time, yes, it is a figurative manifestation of statism and I totally get those who are saying "bravo to anyone refusing to salute/stand for/pledge allegiance to it."

    Am I the only one that can see both sides of this?
    You can love your country and hate your government.

  7. #396

    Default

    Second Company Decides To Pull NFL Ads Over Continued Protests

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-03/second-company-decides-pull-nfl-ads-over-continued-protests
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  8. #397

    Default

    One thing to remember, all you NFL boycotters:

    If the NFL hates you (and they do), Hollywood has hated you for longer and hates you far, far more.

    Just a random helpful fact to keep in mind!
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  9. #398

    Default

    Okay, so Marcus Mariota is day-to-day with a hamstring injury. The Titans signed a backup qb with random experience. Media is griping because it isn't Kaepernick. How racist of the Titans.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  10. #399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    One thing to remember, all you NFL boycotters:

    If the NFL hates you (and they do), Hollywood has hated you for longer and hates you far, far more.

    Just a random helpful fact to keep in mind!

  11. #400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    You can love your country and hate your government.
    What is a "country"?? Invisible lines in the sand? Words written on paper? Dirt under your feet?

    I love Liberty. It's clearly an "idea". I know what it is and I can define it. I can't define a "country" though other than a legal fiction existing in the minds of believers...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

    Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

    Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

  12. #401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That's true, but I'm more concerned with organized groups because they have more influence in elections.
    Except this isn't the result of an "organized group." Colin Kaepernick decided to protest police brutality. He didn't where a "Black Lives Matter" t-shirt or do a press conference about social justice or anything like that.

    And remember, many of the players are protesting police brutality specifically against "blacks" and many are protesting specifically against "black injustice".
    Most of the players who are not protesting were not protesting at all until Donald Trump made an $#@! of himself. Seriously, if you are going to be mad at anyone over this, be mad at Trump. At the start of the season there were 5, count, 5 players protesting. Kaepernick had in effect been fired. (His contract was not renewed). Trump made the protest spread league wide by his stupid comments.

    And the fact is blacks are disproportionately killed by cops! Don't by the Stefan Molyneaux bvllshyt. Ron Paul laid it all out in 2008. A good proxy for the just us system is the GWOD (global war on drugs). Blacks and whites are equally likely to use drugs, but blacks are far more likely to be arrested. Of those arrested blacks are disproportionately convicted. Of those convicted, blacks have longer prison sentences. If this is a lie, Ron Paul told it. But it's not a lie. It's the facts. Blacks being disproportionately arrested equals more police encounters. More police encounters equals more chances for some unarmed person to get shot. It's not that cops are walking around looking to shoot blacks. But disproportionate enforcement of stupid laws and militarization of police are leading to predictable results.


    As I said before, I'm an equal opportunity hater. I hate blacks who make it about race and whites who make it about race.
    Was Ron Paul making the drug war "about race" in 2008? Or was he simply telling the truth?

    One thing I will concede is that because the players who are protesting have worked hard to make a lot of money, they are probably less socialistic than the most common black groups.
    Please go join a majority black church so that you can meet with what makes up the majority of black people who are hard working people who don't have a lot of money. And for the record, Steve Bannon is about as socialist as Barack Obama. One trillion dollar to throw against the wall to see what sticks?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  13. #402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Maybe not, but many of us did have an opinion about recent violent protests. I had an opinion back in the 60s with violent protests and I had an opinion about the Rodney King riots. I consder violent protest to be a form of terrorism. I don't want to live my life afraid of what some group threatens.
    So you're worried about the alt-right protestors running people over?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  14. #403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Except this isn't the result of an "organized group." Colin Kaepernick decided to protest police brutality. He didn't where a "Black Lives Matter" t-shirt or do a press conference about social justice or anything like that.



    Most of the players who are not protesting were not protesting at all until Donald Trump made an $#@! of himself. Seriously, if you are going to be mad at anyone over this, be mad at Trump. At the start of the season there were 5, count, 5 players protesting. Kaepernick had in effect been fired. (His contract was not renewed). Trump made the protest spread league wide by his stupid comments.

    And the fact is blacks are disproportionately killed by cops! Don't by the Stefan Molyneaux bvllshyt. Ron Paul laid it all out in 2008. A good proxy for the just us system is the GWOD (global war on drugs). Blacks and whites are equally likely to use drugs, but blacks are far more likely to be arrested. Of those arrested blacks are disproportionately convicted. Of those convicted, blacks have longer prison sentences. If this is a lie, Ron Paul told it. But it's not a lie. It's the facts. Blacks being disproportionately arrested equals more police encounters. More police encounters equals more chances for some unarmed person to get shot. It's not that cops are walking around looking to shoot blacks. But disproportionate enforcement of stupid laws and militarization of police are leading to predictable results.




    Was Ron Paul making the drug war "about race" in 2008? Or was he simply telling the truth?



    Please go join a majority black church so that you can meet with what makes up the majority of black people who are hard working people who don't have a lot of money. And for the record, Steve Bannon is about as socialist as Barack Obama. One trillion dollar to throw against the wall to see what sticks?
    Blacks vs. Police

    Written by Walter E. Williams




    Let's throw out a few numbers so we can put in perspective the NFL players taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. Many say they are protesting against police treatment of blacks and racial discrimination. We might ask just how much sense their protest makes.
    According to The Washington Post, 737 people have been shot and killed by police this year in the United States. Of that number, there were 329 whites, 165 blacks, 112 Hispanics, 24 members of other races and 107 people whose race was unknown. In Illinois, home to one of our most dangerous cities — Chicago — 18 people have been shot and killed by police this year. In the city itself, police have shot and killed 10 people and shot and wounded 10 others. Somebody should ask the kneeling black NFL players why they are protesting this kind of killing in the Windy City and ignoring other sources of black death.
    Here are the Chicago numbers for the ignored deaths. So far in 2017, there have been 533 murders and 2,880 shootings. On average, a person is shot every two hours and 17 minutes and murdered every 12 1/2 hours. In 2016, when Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee, Chicago witnessed 806 murders and 4,379 shootings. It turns out that most of the murder victims are black. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that Chicago has a 12.7 percent murder clearance rate. That means that when a black person is murdered, his perpetrator is found and charged with his murder less than 13 percent of the time.

    Similar statistics regarding police killing blacks versus blacks killing blacks apply to many of our predominantly black urban centers, such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis and Oakland. Many Americans, including me, see the black NFL player protest of police brutality as pathetic, useless showboating. Seeing as these players have made no open protest against the thousands of blacks being murdered and maimed by blacks, they must view it as trivial in comparison with the police killings. Most of the police killings fit into the category of justified homicide.
    NFL players are not by themselves. How much condemnation do black politicians, civil rights leaders and liberal whites give to the wanton black homicides in our cities? When have you heard them condemning the very low clearance rate, whereby most black murderers get away with murder? Do you believe they would be just as silent if it were the Ku Klux Klan committing the murders?
    What's to blame for this mayhem? If you ask an intellectual, a leftist or an academic in a sociology or psychology department, he will tell you that it is caused by poverty, discrimination and a lack of opportunities. But the black murder rate and other crime statistics in the 1940s and '50s were not nearly so high as they are now. I wonder whether your intellectual, leftist or academic would explain that we had less black poverty, less racial discrimination and far greater opportunities for blacks during earlier periods than we do today. He'd have to be an unrepentant idiot to make such an utterance.
    So what can be done? Black people need to find new heroes. Right now, at least in terms of the support given, their heroes are criminals such as Baltimore's Freddie Gray, Ferguson's Michael Brown and Florida's Trayvon Martin. Black support tends to go toward the criminals in the community rather than to the overwhelming number of people in the community who are law-abiding. That needs to end. What also needs to end is the lack of respect for and cooperation with police officers. Some police are crooked, but black people are likelier to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites simply because blacks commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.
    For a race of people, these crime statistics are by no means flattering, but if something good is to be done about it, we cannot fall prey to the blame games that black politicians, black NFL players, civil rights leaders and white liberals want to play. If their vision is accepted, we can expect little improvement of the status quo.

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/revie...acks-vs-police
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #404

    Default

    So you are okay with police brutality because....black on black crime. Only the killings of puppies matter on RPF I suppose.

    Here is a stat the Walter Williams apparently is ignorant of. Violent crime in general, and that includes black on black crime, has been steadily declining for decades while shooting by police of unarmed civilians is going up. Do you have an explanation for that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Blacks vs. Police

    Written by Walter E. Williams




    Let's throw out a few numbers so we can put in perspective the NFL players taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. Many say they are protesting against police treatment of blacks and racial discrimination. We might ask just how much sense their protest makes.
    According to The Washington Post, 737 people have been shot and killed by police this year in the United States. Of that number, there were 329 whites, 165 blacks, 112 Hispanics, 24 members of other races and 107 people whose race was unknown. In Illinois, home to one of our most dangerous cities — Chicago — 18 people have been shot and killed by police this year. In the city itself, police have shot and killed 10 people and shot and wounded 10 others. Somebody should ask the kneeling black NFL players why they are protesting this kind of killing in the Windy City and ignoring other sources of black death.
    Here are the Chicago numbers for the ignored deaths. So far in 2017, there have been 533 murders and 2,880 shootings. On average, a person is shot every two hours and 17 minutes and murdered every 12 1/2 hours. In 2016, when Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee, Chicago witnessed 806 murders and 4,379 shootings. It turns out that most of the murder victims are black. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that Chicago has a 12.7 percent murder clearance rate. That means that when a black person is murdered, his perpetrator is found and charged with his murder less than 13 percent of the time.

    Similar statistics regarding police killing blacks versus blacks killing blacks apply to many of our predominantly black urban centers, such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis and Oakland. Many Americans, including me, see the black NFL player protest of police brutality as pathetic, useless showboating. Seeing as these players have made no open protest against the thousands of blacks being murdered and maimed by blacks, they must view it as trivial in comparison with the police killings. Most of the police killings fit into the category of justified homicide.
    NFL players are not by themselves. How much condemnation do black politicians, civil rights leaders and liberal whites give to the wanton black homicides in our cities? When have you heard them condemning the very low clearance rate, whereby most black murderers get away with murder? Do you believe they would be just as silent if it were the Ku Klux Klan committing the murders?
    What's to blame for this mayhem? If you ask an intellectual, a leftist or an academic in a sociology or psychology department, he will tell you that it is caused by poverty, discrimination and a lack of opportunities. But the black murder rate and other crime statistics in the 1940s and '50s were not nearly so high as they are now. I wonder whether your intellectual, leftist or academic would explain that we had less black poverty, less racial discrimination and far greater opportunities for blacks during earlier periods than we do today. He'd have to be an unrepentant idiot to make such an utterance.
    So what can be done? Black people need to find new heroes. Right now, at least in terms of the support given, their heroes are criminals such as Baltimore's Freddie Gray, Ferguson's Michael Brown and Florida's Trayvon Martin. Black support tends to go toward the criminals in the community rather than to the overwhelming number of people in the community who are law-abiding. That needs to end. What also needs to end is the lack of respect for and cooperation with police officers. Some police are crooked, but black people are likelier to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites simply because blacks commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.
    For a race of people, these crime statistics are by no means flattering, but if something good is to be done about it, we cannot fall prey to the blame games that black politicians, black NFL players, civil rights leaders and white liberals want to play. If their vision is accepted, we can expect little improvement of the status quo.

    https://www.thenewamerican.com/revie...acks-vs-police
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  16. #405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So you are okay with police brutality because....black on black crime.
    Wut?

  17. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Wut?
    That was the essence of the article posted. How dare NFL players take a knee over police brutality because....blacks are killing blacks. Of course the real reason the protests spread from 5 to few hundred is because Trump is a moron and decided to attack the NFL for not firing Colin Kaepernick....when the NFL had already fired Colin Kaepernick.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  18. #407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So you are okay with police brutality because....black on black crime. Only the killings of puppies matter on RPF I suppose.

    Here is a stat the Walter Williams apparently is ignorant of. Violent crime in general, and that includes black on black crime, has been steadily declining for decades while shooting by police of unarmed civilians is going up. Do you have an explanation for that?
    I abhor "rabid cop" syndrome but blacks are NOT special targets and there are much bigger problems they should be worried about.

    CK and his girl friend are radical anti-American leftists and they are attacking America NOT rabid cops:


    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Go ahead and read Kaepernick's Saudi girlfriend's Twitter feed. She retweets all kinds of things, and Police shootings is only one reason for this "protest".

    They are claiming the expanded protests are about "freedom of speech" and solidarity, not unjustified Police shootings.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...op-killer.html

    Kaepernick's foundation made the donation to Chicago-based Assata's Daughter's, named after former Black Liberation Army member Assata Shakur, in April as part of a $1million charitable pledge.
    Shakur was convicted of first-degree murder in the 1973 shooting death of New Jersey state trooper Werner Foerster and sentenced to life in prison, but staged a daring jailbreak and now lives as a fugitive in Cuba.

    Shakur was sentenced to life in prison, but escaped in 1979 when members of the Black Liberation Army visited her behind bars with concealed handguns, took prison officials hostage and commandeered a van.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  19. #408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I abhor "rabid cop" syndrome but blacks are NOT special targets and there are much bigger problems they should be worried about.
    1) I didn't say they were "special targets" for extrajudicial killing. I said, and I quoted RON PAUL, that blacks are arrested and prosecuted for drugs at a much higher rate than they actually use drugs. Those are facts. Deal with them.

    2) Black on black crime, while a problem, is on the decline as in crime in general. So is black teen pregnancy rates.

    3) You have bigger things to worry about than bump stocks but that doesn't mean assaults on the second amendment should be ignored.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  20. #409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    1) I didn't say they were "special targets" for extrajudicial killing. I said, and I quoted RON PAUL, that blacks are arrested and prosecuted for drugs at a much higher rate than they actually use drugs. Those are facts. Deal with them.

    2) Black on black crime, while a problem, is on the decline as in crime in general. So is black teen pregnancy rates.

    3) You have bigger things to worry about than bump stocks but that doesn't mean assaults on the second amendment should be ignored.
    Do I publicly insult America over bump stocks? The attack on America is the point of the protest, rabid cops are just the convenient moral high ground to launch the attack from.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Do I publicly insult America over bump stocks? The attack on America is the point of the protest, rabid cops are just the convenient moral high ground to launch the attack from.
    Did you consider patriots flying their flags upside down when Obama was president publicly insulting American? Because I didn't. America is not a flag nor is it a song. America is its people. And it's not acceptable for American people, black or white, to be getting killed by police officers who are able to get off just by claiming they were "afraid" even if they had not just reason for their fear. Further the large scale NFL protests are because Donald Trump is a complete moron. Colin Kaepernick was already fired and Trump was demanding that he be fired. How anybody on this forum can stand with such a complete jackass, who is now showing his gun grabbing colors, is beyond me. Once police state USA starts affecting you directly, I'm sure patriotic 'Merikuns will appreciate you saluting the flag as you are hauled off to a FEMA camp.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  22. #411
    Supporting Member
    North Korea
    Lamp's Avatar


    Blog Entries
    2
    Posts
    2,452
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So you are okay with police brutality because....black on black crime. Only the killings of puppies matter on RPF I suppose.

    Here is a stat the Walter Williams apparently is ignorant of. Violent crime in general, and that includes black on black crime, has been steadily declining for decades while shooting by police of unarmed civilians is going up. Do you have an explanation for that?
    And cows and pigs if your lily apparently

  23. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    You can love your country and hate your government.
    Exactly.

    That love of country is what the rabbits don't have. Their normal, natural in-group preference (aka "bigotry!" "xenophobia!") has fallen so malignantly, mortiferously low as to become an actual preference for the out-group, accompanied by a sneering deplorance of the in-group! Not attractive. Not healthy.

    The hate of government is what some conservative K-selected wolf-types don't have as strongly as we do. But, interestingly, they do still have it! Almost to a man they do. They hate the government as we do, just more moderately, less stridently, less doctrinairely. One reason, the main reason, they hate the government is precisely because they love their country, and they see the government destroying their country.

    Choose thine allies carefully. There has been some bad strategic advice in this regard on this thread.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  24. #413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    What is a "country"?
    It's blood and soil. A group of people, bound together through kinship and love, and the homeland that they've built together. You don't have it. I know. Not everyone does. You're off gallivanting in China and here, there, and everywhere, and could hardly be brought to care less about any particular land, or as you derisively call it "dirt under your feet." That is: something to spit upon. Nothing more.

    But humans in general, for better or worse, are different than you, Christian. They love to have a sense of place, they will have a feeling of pride in the town their family built back in the 1800s, or reverence for the rough stone house their great-grandfather built with his two bare hands.

    I can't define a "country" though other than a legal fiction existing in the minds of believers...
    Blood and soil. Yes, blood and soil. It's fiction to you. It's fiction to rabbits. They see it as just a mass, incomprehensible delusion, as atheists see a belief in God as being. But wolves are territorial. As are more typical humans, long-term viable humans. They feel a deep and abiding connection to their property, to their communities, to the miniature worlds which they so painstakingly build. They feel a deep connection to their past, their ancestors. They feel a strong -- a primary -- sense of duty and obligation regarding their future generations, their great-grand-children.

    Note: not the past, the future, but their past, their future. And in deed and very fact it shall be theirs, for the rabbit people have no future. The future belongs to K.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  25. #414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    It's blood and soil. A group of people, bound together through kinship and love, and the homeland that they've built together. You don't have it. I know. Not everyone does. You're off gallivanting in China and here, there, and everywhere, and could hardly be brought to care less about any particular land, or as you derisively call it "dirt under your feet." That is: something to spit upon. Nothing more.

    But humans in general, for better or worse, are different than you, Christian. They love to have a sense of place, they will have a feeling of pride in the town their family built back in the 1800s, or reverence for the rough stone house their great-grandfather built with his two bare hands.



    Blood and soil. Yes, blood and soil. It's fiction to you. It's fiction to rabbits. They see it as just a mass, incomprehensible delusion, as atheists see a belief in God as being. But wolves are territorial. As are more typical humans, long-term viable humans. They feel a deep and abiding connection to their property, to their communities, to the miniature worlds which they so painstakingly build. They feel a deep connection to their past, their ancestors. They feel a strong -- a primary -- sense of duty and obligation regarding their future generations, their great-grand-children.

    Note: not the past, the future, but their past, their future. And in deed and very fact it shall be theirs, for the rabbit people have no future. The future belongs to K.
    Hmm... Interesting...

    I would say that might be true to a locality - maybe even a state. But this whole nation?? Parts of California couldn't feel more foreign to me if they were on another continent. I've never even been to Hawaii. I'm not sure I have much "kinship" with them other than by law. What about Guam or Puerto Rico? Do they count? As part of this blood and soil? I'm not sure how I can claim any sense of ownership or sense of pride there. I mean, I know there's a paper somewhere that says they're a part of the country, but I didn't have any part in writing it. Nor, did I or my kin build anything there.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 10-06-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  26. #415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Most of the players who are not protesting were not protesting at all until Donald Trump
    Indeed. Behold the tactical brilliance of the Donald. You don't like it. But you can at least appreciate it.


    And the fact is blacks are disproportionately killed by cops! Don't by the Stefan Molyneaux
    I like facts. I am a big fan of facts. I posted the facts, the best facts, as best as anyone has them. I also have not listened to any Stephan Molyneux for weeks at least and am not aware of any episode he has done on the racial makeup of police shootings, except through your advertisements, JM. I am getting my facts completely independently of one Sir Stephan Molyneux. So that should make you feel better. Maybe?

    Now I'm not going to change JM's mind, and I accept that. I embrace that. If I were very mean, I could exploit the fact that he is going to be incapable of changing his mind in order to make him look really bad and demolish his side and advance my agenda, which agenda is just truth. All I'd have to do is enter into an extended debate and it would become more and more clear to all where the truth lies. And this would not be because I'm better or he's worse or anything like that, I want to make that clear, but simply because the truth on this is really, really obvious and clear.

    But, I don't think I'm going to do that. Because I actually like JM. I like it when he comes by. And the truth is so obvious on this disputed point of fact that it really needs no helpful shove from me. Every intelligent person with sufficient interest in the racial makeup of police shootings can simply read the latest research paper on the topic. Again:


    We use event summaries
    from all incidents in which an officer discharges his weapon at civilians – including both hits
    and misses – from three large cities in Texas (Austin, Dallas, Houston), six large Florida counties,
    and Los Angeles County, to construct a data-set in which one can investigate racial differences in
    officer-involved shootings. Because all individuals in these data have been involved in a police
    shooting, analysis of these data alone can only estimate racial differences on the intensive margin
    (e.g., did the officer discharge their weapon before or after the suspect attacked).

    [W]e find no racial differences in officer-involved shootings on
    either the extensive or intensive margins.
    For example, using data from Houston, Texas – where
    we have both officer-involved shootings and a randomly chosen set of potential interactions with
    police where lethal force may have been justified – we find, in the raw data, that blacks are 23.8
    percent less likely to be shot at by police relative to whites
    . Hispanics are 8.5 percent less likely.
    Both coefficients are statistically insignificant. Adding controls for civilian demographics, officer
    demographics, encounter characteristics, type of weapon civilian was carrying, and year fixed effects,
    the black (resp. Hispanic) coefficient is 0.924 (0.417) (resp. 1.256 (0.595)). These coefficients are
    remarkably robust across alternative empirical specifications and subsets of the data. Partitioning
    the data in myriad ways, we find no evidence of racial discrimination in officer-involved shootings.
    Investigating the intensive margin – the timing of shootings or how many bullets were discharged
    in the endeavor – there are no detectable racial differences.



    But read the whole paper. It's pretty clear. http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

    You know what does have a racial disparity, incidentally? Just as an interesting tidbit. These police officers doing the shooting are very disproportionately... that's right..... BLACK!

    So thanks, all you BLACK cops, for killing us and our dogs! Luv ya!
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  27. #416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hmm... Interesting...

    I would say that might be true to a locality - maybe even a state. But this whole nation?? Parts of California couldn't feel more foreign to me if they were on another continent. I never even been to Hawaii. I'm not sure I have much "kinship" with them other than by law. What about Guam or Puerto Rico? Do they count? As part of this blood and soil? I'm not sure how I can claim any sense of ownership or sense of pride there. I mean, I know there's a paper somewhere that says they're a part of the country, but I didn't have any part in writing it. Nor, did I or my kin build anything there.
    Absolutely! See, now we are thinking along realistic lines, along truly human lines. I agree with everything you wrote. Everyone, deep in their bones and their DNA, agrees with everything you wrote. It is in accordance with reality.

    Dunbar's number is 150. That can expand by a few orders of magnitude, certainly, but not indefinitely. And the affinity will get progressively weaker the larger the concentric circles.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  28. #417

    Default

    It's not just numbers, either. But, as you pointed out, Cap'n: degree of similarity.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

    No enemies to the right

  29. #418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Did you consider patriots flying their flags upside down when Obama was president publicly insulting American? Because I didn't. America is not a flag nor is it a song. America is its people. And it's not acceptable for American people, black or white, to be getting killed by police officers who are able to get off just by claiming they were "afraid" even if they had not just reason for their fear. Further the large scale NFL protests are because Donald Trump is a complete moron. Colin Kaepernick was already fired and Trump was demanding that he be fired. How anybody on this forum can stand with such a complete jackass, who is now showing his gun grabbing colors, is beyond me. Once police state USA starts affecting you directly, I'm sure patriotic 'Merikuns will appreciate you saluting the flag as you are hauled off to a FEMA camp.
    Preach it, Brother- I agree.
    There is no spoon.

  30. #419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hmm... Interesting...

    I would say that might be true to a locality - maybe even a state. But this whole nation?? Parts of California couldn't feel more foreign to me if they were on another continent. I've never even been to Hawaii. I'm not sure I have much "kinship" with them other than by law. What about Guam or Puerto Rico? Do they count? As part of this blood and soil? I'm not sure how I can claim any sense of ownership or sense of pride there. I mean, I know there's a paper somewhere that says they're a part of the country, but I didn't have any part in writing it. Nor, did I or my kin build anything there.
    CALExit!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    What is a "country"?? Invisible lines in the sand? Words written on paper? Dirt under your feet?

    I love Liberty. It's clearly an "idea". I know what it is and I can define it. I can't define a "country" though other than a legal fiction existing in the minds of believers...
    A geographical area.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 04:28 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •