Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump and the Depressing Politicization of Everything

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I imagine it must be the closest feeling to being in an abusive relationship for a single person
    No? Try being a Republican some time. Reagan addressed all the problems but he didn't do much about them. He stood up and said government was the problem, then turns around and codifies Carter's Department of Education into law. Dubya got elected by saying, no nation building, then Cheney calls off the Air Force on 9/11 and the next thing we know Dubya starts more wars than any one Democrat ever did (and excepting Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt, Democrats had been in office when all the wars started). Trump is having a high old time dividing the country, and Republicans are stoked because they're sick of political correctness stifling free speech, but Trump is engaging in divisiveness for the sake of division, and not addressing the death of American Small Business at all.

Of course, like an abuse victim, Republicans dearly love to be cuckolded by a strongman, so they're their own worst enemies. The best they've had in the last 100 years are Calvin Coolidge and Ron Paul, but the thing that made them both great is their low key approach, which when you think about it is exactly what true conservatism is, a low key approach. But like an abused woman, Republicans love having bigger than life bad boys to follow. So, they have no one to blame for themselves if perfection comes their way and they just can't get those stars in their eyes.

Not that any of this will save the NFL from its own folly in the end. They have one job--to make the game fair--and the more they screw up that one job, the more fans they will lose. Nobody cares if Roger Goodell is charismatic or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why does he even tweet about this nonsense?

MPOV?

Trump's a brat without a single ounce of class.
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Why does he even tweet about this nonsense?

MPOV?

Trump's a brat without a single ounce of class.
    Ender, when was the last time you saw the tiniest bit of evidence that Republicans give a damn about class?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ender, when was the last time you saw the tiniest bit of evidence that Republicans give a damn about class?
    Ummmmm......... Harding?

(And of course, Ron Paul- was thinking presidents.)
    Last edited by Ender; 09-24-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    There is no spoon.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Because they are still on the plantation. During the NFL combine I wasn't watching TV, but had it on. The commentary was straight out of a slave market. Those young men were being treated like pieces of meat, and It made my stomach hurt. Professional sports is human trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    (And of course, Ron Paul- was thinking presidents.)
    Who?

Oh, wait--you mean the guy they booed when he brought up the Golden Rule?

More players kneel, more fans gets disgusted, less viewers for the NFL and eventually less money for the owners and players. Seems like a win for me, college football is more interesting anyways and still reasonably priced.

For such a successful league, the NFL must be filled with morons if they think this will appeal to their mostly conservative fanbase.
    Last edited by Rudeman; 09-24-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    More players kneel, more fans gets disgusted, less viewers for the NFL and eventually less money for the owners and players. Seems like a win for me, college football is more interesting anyways and still reasonably priced.
    Thanks to Obamcare, there is less discretionary income to spend on things like the NFL.

All of this partisan stupidity aside, and regardless of which of the several ways Roger Goodell is shooting the NFL in the foot is most damaging, how does The Atlantic think these protests of federally militarized local police shooting people wholesale is anything but political? How can you 'politicize' an obviously political protest? That's like saying a CEO shouldn't address the consumers boycotting his company because that would 'commercialize' the boycott. Yeah, gee, guys, you're right to identify these sports stars as sports stars, and to correctly ascertain that sports stars are not politicians, but, you know, they are kind of protesting something that governments are doing here, right? Are you trying to fakenews us out of noticing that the thing they're protesting is a thing politicians are doing, or are you guys just stupid? I've seen The Atlantic say some nonsensical things in my time, but they're really pushing the envelope here.

Leave it to Zippy to find the single stupidest thing the MSM is saying about a subject.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-24-2017 at 09:49 AM.

No? Try being a Republican some time. Reagan addressed all the problems but he didn't do much about them. He stood up and said government was the problem, then turns around and codifies Carter's Department of Education into law. Dubya got elected by saying, no nation building, then Cheney calls off the Air Force on 9/11 and the next thing we know Dubya starts more wars than any one Democrat ever did (and excepting Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt, Democrats had been in office when all the wars started). Trump is having a high old time dividing the country, and Republicans are stoked because they're sick of political correctness stifling free speech, but Trump is engaging in divisiveness for the sake of division, and not addressing the death of American Small Business at all.

Of course, like an abuse victim, Republicans dearly love to be cuckolded by a strongman, so they're their own worst enemies. The best they've had in the last 100 years are Calvin Coolidge and Ron Paul, but the thing that made them both great is their low key approach, which when you think about it is exactly what true conservatism is, a low key approach. But like an abused woman, Republicans love having bigger than life bad boys to follow. So, they have no one to blame for themselves if perfection comes their way and they just can't get those stars in their eyes.

Not that any of this will save the NFL from its own folly in the end. They have one job--to make the game fair--and the more they screw up that one job, the more fans they will lose. Nobody cares if Roger Goodell is charismatic or not.
    Well, I wasn't expecting such a well thought out articulated response. I guess I was never really a republican in the first place. My first experience with politics was with the Ron Paul campaign and the whole time we were fighting the republican establishment.

Wish I could rep you some more cos I thoroughly enjoyed the reminder and history lesson. This is the sort of posts that keep me coming back to this forum even though many(about 1/4) of the other posts I read(like a good chunk of the rubbish people say in this thread) slowly kills whats left of my hope with humanity

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It keeps getting better.

I don't even stand for the national anthem, but Trump has lured the enemy into the killzone. The progressive corporate-media complex has severely overplayed their hand with this.

All of this partisan stupidity aside, and regardless of which of the several ways Roger Goodell is shooting the NFL in the foot is most damaging, how does The Atlantic think these protests of federally militarized local police shooting people wholesale is anything but political? How can you 'politicize' an obviously political protest? That's like saying a CEO shouldn't address the consumers boycotting his company because that would 'commercialize' the boycott. Yeah, gee, guys, you're right to identify these sports stars as sports stars, and to correctly ascertain that sports stars are not politicians, but, you know, they are kind of protesting something that governments are doing here, right? Are you trying to fakenews us out of noticing that the thing they're protesting is a thing politicians are doing, or are you guys just stupid? I've seen The Atlantic say some nonsensical things in my time, but they're really pushing the envelope here.

Leave it to Zippy to find the single stupidest thing the MSM is saying about a subject.
    Well, still, I think that:

Judging by the attention his sports commentary received this weekend, one can assume that Trump’s shock-jock-in-chief routine will be a long-running show.

....is pretty darn funny.
    There is no spoon.

Rand Paul was kind of disappointing on Bleats the Press. Oh, he did well enough, as usual. But when Chuck Todd decided he made too much sense on health care--which is what he was there to talk about--to continue, and tried to bait him into taking sides on this silly-assed non-issue, he adroitly sidestepped it. But Chuck Todd and all his talking heads spent the whole hour sidestepping the fact that federally militarized local police are mowing us down.

Rand Paul would have done a better job of sidestepping Todd's sophomoric attempt to lure him into 'taking a side' in the silliness by stating outright what he has been doing in opposition to the federal militarization of local police. He managed to avoid giving the MSM a soundbite they could use to alienate us from voters of color. But he really missed an opportunity to draw them in. Right now the CBS pregame show is doing a better job of addressing the issue of federal militarization of local police than Faze the Nation is. Rand needs to learn how not not only avoid letting the MSM direct the conversation, which he's fairly good at, but seize his chances to direct the conversation himself.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-24-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    It keeps getting better.

I don't even stand for the national anthem, but Trump has lured the enemy into the killzone. The progressive corporate-media complex has severely overplayed their hand with this.
    Oh, and that's his game?

No no, Goldwater I think you've overplayed your hand.

Most of the best players have haughty lifestyles leveraged to the hilt. Plus, their main production years are limited in the professional football environment. Practically speaking, they can't go anywhere. No one is taking a 75% paycut to migrate to the CFL.
    It's worse than that. If a new player wants to "hang out" with the cool guys, they are basically told that they must live that same lifestyle on a much smaller contract. "You can't be seen with us until you get this kind of suit, this kind of watch, this kind of jewelry, drive this kind of car, go to this club and this restaurant." $10 million doesn't go very far. Most of these players end up with nothing after their short careers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Donald Trump and the Depressing Politicization of Everything
    What's more ridiculous? Trump's inappropriate tweets, or attempting to blame leftist politics on him?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm seeing all these vapid cliches being thrown out by the NFL. Unity, diversity and freedom of expression. I seriously doubt that the NFL or the media complex would be as accommodating if a player of Southern heritage protested the National anthem in support of his fallen Confederate ancestors. The 'freedoms' that they talk of only applies to one bent. Freedom for me and not for thee.

I may not agree with Trump's ultimatum, but I hope he utterly crushes these cretins under his treads. I'm tired of seeing organizations like the Baltimore Ravens push Obamacare and other globalist initiatives under the guise of sport.
    Last edited by AuH20; 09-24-2017 at 10:44 AM.

The NFL Anthem is anti-Confederate? Wait, the NFL has an anthem?

WTF are you talking about? This whole thing is about federally-militarized police shooting people. Do you have anything to compare with that for seriousness, relevance or importance? Anything at all?

You figure Drew Brees should be kneeling in support of Robert E. Lee statues? What?

Geez...

Edit--oh, the national anthem. Why didn't you say so in the first place? So, the Ravens are pushing Obamacare? They ought to--they way they're playing this year, they're going to need it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The NFL Anthem is anti-Confederate? Wait, the NFL has an anthem?

WTF are you talking about? This whole thing is about federally-militarized police shooting people. Do you have anything to compare with that for seriousness, relevance or importance? Anything at all?

You figure Drew Brees should be kneeling in support of Robert E. Lee statues? What?

Geez...

Edit--oh, the national anthem. Why didn't you say so in the first place? So, the Ravens are pushing Obamacare? They ought to--they way they're playing this year, they're going to need it.
    AuH20 would come out against white people and European culture if SJW liberals started promoting it tomorrow. The man has no principles what so ever, he just puts his wet finger in air and then does the opposite of whatever liberals are doing.

I have been hoping and praying for the day the AmeriKunt people walked away from the idiocy of these government sponsored bread and circus distractions.

If this is what it takes, so be it.

Let 'em all kneel, or jerk off, or do whatever they want to do.

$#@! them all for $#@!ing up the issue of rapidly expanding police statism by turning into a racially motivated side show circus of freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    For such a successful league, the NFL must be filled with morons if they think this will appeal to their mostly conservative fanbase.
    Meh, not what I see anymore.

Minorities, manginas and woemen seem to be most of the National Felon League's fanbase now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ...$#@! them all for $#@!ing up the issue of rapidly expanding police statism by turning into a racially motivated side show circus of freaks.
    "Yeah, uh sorry. You know that cause you have been championing for years? You can no longer be involved. As a matter of fact, you are now the enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "Yeah, uh sorry. You know that cause you have been championing for years? You can no longer be involved. As a matter of fact, you are now the enemy."
    "We are doing this because you were coming dangerously close to committing large numbers of people to the cause. And we can't have that. Best Regards, The State".

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What's more ridiculous? Trump's inappropriate tweets, or attempting to blame leftist politics on him?
    Well when he tries to bully Rand Paul into supporting leftist policy with his tweets is that double points?

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Brady did not publicly dump on Trump. He had a Trump hat in his locker and never said anything negative about Trump. Why would Trump call out Brady? Belichick wrote Trump a letter saying what a great guy Trump is and Kraft is buddies with Trump. Steph Curry has trashed Trump for over a year. It is disgraceful that this was turned into a racial issue in the article and weirdly the original posted bolded that part as if it is anything other than race baiting trash. Not mentioned in the article, Brady skipped going when Obama was President.
    He snubbed Trump too.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/politi...sit/index.html

Washington (CNN)New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady won't accompany his teammates to the White House Wednesday, where the Super Bowl champions are set to be honored by President Donald Trump.

Brady cited "personal family matters" as his reason for skipping the ceremony.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/24/s...s.html?mcubz=0

Tom Brady Joins Anthem Demonstration as N.F.L. Protests Trump Comments

N.F.L. players across the country demonstrated during the national anthem on Sunday in a show of defiance against President Trump, who scolded the league and players on Twitter this weekend. With the support of team owners, players knelt, while others, like Tom Brady opted to stand and lock arms in a show of solidarity.

[IMG]https://static01.********/images/2017/09/25/business/25nfl-live-7/25nfl-live-7-master675.jpg[/IMG]

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I may not agree with Trump's ultimatum, but I hope he utterly crushes these cretins under his treads. I'm tired of seeing organizations like the Baltimore Ravens push Obamacare and other globalist initiatives under the guise of sport.
    Yep. These bastards play in stadiums built by tax money. They're a federally protected monopoly. Now they're hellbent on insulting the God-fearin' common folk who not only built the temples, but actually enjoyed watch them play a game.
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-24-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Not standing during the National Anthem to protest police abuse is WAY more important than things like Obamacare and Tax Reform and immigration reform. Just like that bathroom issue last year.

I hope we see team protests, so the bleeding continues. Let the bread and circuses go under.

Pittsburg Steelers team avoided the Natioanl Anthem.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...ks-on-nfl.html

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yep. These bastards play in stadiums built by tax money. They're a federally protected monopoly. Now they're hellbent on insulting the God-fearin' common folk who not only built the temple, but actually enjoyed watch them play a game.
    A rent seeking multi billion dollar boondoggle of bull$#@!.

What Elon Musk wet dreams over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast