Thread: Walmart Wants to Walk Into Your Home and Stock Your Fridge

Default Walmart Wants to Walk Into Your Home and Stock Your Fridge

The new delivery system will be tested in Silicon Valley, and goes head-to-head against other grocery-delivery apps like Instacart and the popular Amazon Prime Now.
    Walmart’s vice president of eCommerce explained the process in a Friday blog post:
    Here’s how the test will work: I place an order on Walmart.com for several items, even groceries. When my order is ready, a Deliv driver will retrieve my items and bring them to my home. If no one answers the doorbell, he or she will have a one-time passcode that I’ve pre-authorized which will open my home’s smart lock. As the homeowner, I’m in control of the experience the entire time – the moment the Deliv driver rings my doorbell, I receive a smartphone notification that the delivery is occurring and, if I choose, I can watch the delivery take place in real-time. The Deliv associate will drop off my packages in my foyer and then carry my groceries to the kitchen, unload them in my fridge and leave. I’m watching the entire process from start to finish from my home security cameras through the August app. As I watch the Deliv associate exit my front door, I even receive confirmation that my door has automatically been locked.
    The move was slammed on Twitter by users who felt the straight-to-fridge proposal was a little too creepy.
    That article said Walmart wants people to literally deliver groceries to your fridge while you aren’t home. No thanks.
    — Niles Crane (@arrogantbvddha) September 22, 2017
    We'll see how long Walmart's delivery plan goes before someone finds a "How May I Help You?" vest left in their bedroom.
    — Big Hush (@BigHushofTX) September 22, 2017
    When will @Walmart or @Amazon provide "in mouth delivery" of pre-chewed, regurgitated groceries?
    — NYC Infidel (@NYC_Infidel) September 22, 2017
    Allow a Walmart delivery person to enter my home? No. I HAVE SEEN THE PEOPLE OF WALMART BLOG. https://t.co/uunHCGskud
    — Adam Machanic (@AdamMachanic) September 22, 2017
    What do you think of Walmart’s new move letting strangers into your home?

More at: https://www.infowars.com/convenient-...k-your-fridge/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Walmart only hires the best and the most trustworthy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

No Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Walmart only hires the best and the most trustworthy...
    And the most creative. No idea is too stupid for the yes men.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

Walmart has really found a way to tap into the serial killer market.
    "Not only are your victims delivered directly inside your home, but they also come bearing snacks!"
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator
    and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. -Ron Paul

RAND 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What do you think of Walmart’s new move letting strangers into your home?
    Not just "no", but "HELL NO!"

Seriously, this is just asking for trouble.

My dogs would have fun....

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Walmart has really found a way to tap into the serial killer market.
    "Not only are your victims delivered directly inside your home, but they also come bearing snacks!"
    please, this is no different than the hundreds of thousands of households that have cleaning services. In fact its less intimate and invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    please, this is no different than the hundreds of thousands of households that have cleaning services. In fact its less intimate and invasive.
    You joke-ruiner.

lol
    There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator
    and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it. -Ron Paul

RAND 20/20

The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

go small or go home
    Taxation is Theft