Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swedish Journalist Who Worked To Demystify No-Go Zones Gets Shot In No-Go Zone

Swedish Journalist Who Worked To Demystify No-Go Zones Gets Shot In No-Go Zone

A former journalist who worked for the Swedish publicly funded broadcaster SVT has been shot in the Stockholm suburb of Tensta, known as one of the country’s most notorious no-go zones.

The 29-year-old was shot just before 9 pm on Sunday evening in the heavily migrant populated suburb in the Swedish capital. He was found on the ground outside and quickly rushed to a hospital where it was discovered he had been shot in the leg but did not suffer from life-threatening injuries, Sveriges Radio reports.
    According to the broadcaster, the man was well known in the area and had worked on diversity and democracy projects. SVT editor Geronimo Åkerlund said that the victim had worked as a researcher for the broadcaster from 2016 up until the spring of 2017 in Rinkeby, another notorious no-go area.

More at: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...ot-no-go-zone/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The downfall started with ABBA.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yeah, but ABBA started New Age.

Actually it started when they lost their empire to Russia.

See everything wrong in the world is Russia's fault.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

lol my last gf was a dual citizen from Sweden, and she loved them. Disco was all kinds of downfall.

What if their downfall started when monks imported a foreign religion from the Middle East 1100 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    lol my last gf was a dual citizen from Sweden, and she loved them. Disco was all kinds of downfall.

What if their downfall started when monks imported a foreign religion from the Middle East 1100 years ago?
    Sorry but although Christianity has suffered from many heresies over the centuries you won't get much sympathy for that idea here, even non-Christians should see that the paganism that preceded it was barbaric and a hindrance to civilization.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sorry but although Christianity has suffered from many heresies over the centuries you won't get much sympathy for that idea here, even non-Christians should see that the paganism that preceded it was barbaric and a hindrance to civilization.
    Didn't ask for your sympathy. Barbaric? And you've got 1600 years of civilization, that shows me Europe's better for Christianity? "A hindrance to civilization" yet I see Christian civilization has no idea where it's going nor what Christianity even means. A Tower of Babel indeed.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-22-2017 at 10:46 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Didn't ask for your sympathy. Barbaric? And you've got 1600 years of civilization, that shows me Europe's better for Christianity? "A hindrance to civilization" yet I see Christian civilization has no idea where it's going nor what Christianity even means. A Tower of Babel indeed.
    Europeans reached their highest point of civilization (nowhere near perfection) under Christianity, their fall into depravity has exactly coincided with their snowballing rejection of it.

And yes the pagans were barbaric bloodthirsty savages.

I will not respond further than this because I don't want to have a fight with you about religion, I obviously disagree with you but that is between you and whichever powers of heaven are real. (It is obvious which I believe in)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

OK.

The burden of proof lies on the accused, those barbarians, to prove they weren't bloodthirsty savages. Wee, peace-loving Christianity dindu nuffin, they're just de facto superior. Unfortunately, there's nobody to speak for the accused now, because their religion is concealed under Christian revisionism and only survives in syncretic verse.

This Cadaver Synod is hereby adjourned.

Is the conceit in a Progressive, Whig History to civilization ubiquitous among libertarians?

Is the conceit in a Progressive, Whig History to civilization ubiquitous among libertarians?
    I do not believe that history has always taken an upward path, it has many ups and downs, I believe we have been in a decline for a long time now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What if history actually has no ups and downs, merely perspectives from the men who witnessed and wrote?

What if history actually has no ups and downs, merely perspectives from the men who witnessed and wrote?
    It does have ups and downs, right and wrong exist as objective standards, but those who recorded history did not necessarily view or record it accurately.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It does have ups and downs, right and wrong exist as objective standards, but those who recorded history did not necessarily view or record it accurately.
    Are we talking about the same things when we say up and down, as when saying right and wrong? Nobody's disputing the victors write history, then?

Are we talking about the same things when we say up and down, as when saying right and wrong? Nobody's disputing the victors write history, then?
    The victors do write the history books but sometimes we get to hear the losers side as well, and sometimes the victors were right, and even biased history can give us some truth to be gleaned.

In any case it is clear that sometimes things go better and sometimes things go worse, that is the way of everything in the universe.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The victors do write the history books but sometimes we get to hear the losers side as well, and sometimes the victors were right, and even biased history can give us some truth to be gleaned.
    Everyone has bias; do Christian historiographers lie?

In any case it is clear that sometimes things go better and sometimes things go worse, that is the way of everything in the universe.
    I think you're equivocating, because you know what's coming. I've been there too.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    OK.

The burden of proof lies on the accused, those barbarians, to prove they weren't bloodthirsty savages. Wee, peace-loving Christianity dindu nuffin, they're just de facto superior. Unfortunately, there's nobody to speak for the accused now, because their religion is concealed under Christian revisionism and only survives in syncretic verse.

This Cadaver Synod is hereby adjourned.
    true true.

http://yugaparivartan.com/2016/04/11...stian-problem/

Japan: How it solved its Christian problem

This article is sourced from @Rjrasva and @dasyavevrka who have researched on Japanese response to early Christian missionaries in 16th century in the paper called “Japan – Her first dalliance with West”. The below article provides summary of their work.
    The history of the world since fourth century CE has seen the expansionist monotheistic religions from Middle East stamping out the pagan traditions in one land after another. We, Hindus, have keenly felt the result of this monotheistic Abrahamic onslaught losing more than half of our lands. A thorough reversion of Abrahamic expansion has occurred only in one land – the land of our pagan cousins, the Land of Rising Sun. Japan is a land of Gods (kami) for the Shintoists just as Bharata is a punyabhoomi and karmabhoomi for us. Japanese have digested many Hindu devis and devatas (Sarasvati as Benzaiten, Lakshmi as Kichijo, Ganesha as Kangiten, Garuda as Karura etc.) in their pantheon through the intermediary Buddhists from China. While Japan was spared from any Islamic invasions, she had to face the onslaught of the second Abrahamism from the sixteenth century. Some missionaries even planned to use a Christian Japan to invade and subdue China as we shall see later.
    Christian inroads into Japan led to severe troubles not unlike what we faced in Goa and Santhome. Shinto and Buddhist shrines were razed to the ground in the name of the Saviour. In this essay, we shall see how the Japanese handled the Christian attempts, their study/understanding of the monotheistic traditions, their view of the West and its religions and also, the reason why Japanese do not fall to Christian proselytism so easily.
    Japanese response
    Over a period of time beginning early 16th century, Japanese rulers realized the threat potential of Christianity. Since, the missionaries also brought with them good trading opportunities, it made Japan dependent on trade and in turn depend on Christian. This is not any different from today when Indian courts US for FDI and other outsourcing jobs and in return turns a blind eye to evangelist groups. The Japanese tried to reduce their dependence on this trade so that they can hit back on Christians who were serving as pawns for foreign powers like Spain and Portugal. Thus over a period of time Japanese came up with different laws to contain the march of Christianity.
    In their campaign to suppress Christianity, the Japanese authorities had realized an important point regarding the Christian psyche, this being the Christian fetish for martyrdom. The initial public executions of captured Christians resulted in the veneration of the executed people as martyrs. The astute men in charge of the eradication of Christianity realized this and decided that henceforth the official policy should be geared towards securing apostasy with execution being a final resort. We can glean this from the order given by Hasegawa Sahioye Fujihiro, the chief Governor of Nagasaki (the Christian center in Japan):
    The Christians desire death in order that they may be honored as martyrs. Hence it is not desirable to slay them, but rather to prolong their lives, subjecting them to such severe punishments as will finally overcome their resistance. The most effective trial will be to enslave their woman, sending the most beautiful of them to the houses of prostitution in Kyoto. If the people will renounce the religion of Christ, they shall be exempted from imposts and other obligations; moreover, Chinese ships will be induced to come to their ports for trade, and this will be for the great enrichment of the country. (Cary 1996: 184)
    In order to secure apostasy, persuasion was tried first and if this was unsuccessful torture followed. The most ingenious of the torture techniques was the tsurushi which the Japanese refined with practice on Christians. The contemporary Christians sources testify that it was by far the most effective of the torture techniques as the following shows:
    At last they found a more hellish and exquisite way of torturing than before; they hung these sufferers by the heels, their heads in pits, which to give the blood some vent, they slasht lightly cross-waies, (but they do that now no more), and in this posture they live several daies, ten or twelve, and speak sensibly to the very last: The greatness of this torment surpasseth all other, being beyond all humaine strength to suffer and be undergone; but by such who are extraordinarilie strengthened from above. This extremitie hath indeed (by reason of its continuance) forced many to renounce their religion; and some of them who had hung two or three daies, assured me that the pains they endured were wholly unsufferable, no fire nor no torture equalling their langour and violence. (Turnbull 2000: 15)
    No pagan civilization to our knowledge ever went to the lengths that the Japanese did in crushing Christianity. Others such as Qing China may have indulged in sporadic persecutions but the Japanese went to much greater lengths and devised many policies specifically designed to crush Christianity. The idea that force does not work or is counterproductive when dealing with Abrahamic religions seems laughable after studying the Japanese experience. In the following paragraph, we have summarized some of the methods the Japanese employed and urge the readers to read the more detailed article cited in the next paragraph to get an idea of Japanese thoroughness in dealing with Christianity.
    In addition to their policy of no martyrs, the Japanese authorities employed a variety of techniques to catch hidden Christians and to prevent relapse of apostates. Financial rewards were announced for providing information on priests and other missionaries in hiding. The Shogunate instituted an annual test in Christian centers like Nagasaki whereby the entire population was required to trample on Christian relics such as a picture of Mary holding Jesus. Servants and even prostitutes were required to sign an oath saying that they were not Christians before they could be hired. Public announcement boards were erected throughout the country announcing the prohibition of Christianity which was declared as jashumon (“the evil doctrine”). The entire Japanese population was required to register at their local Buddhist temple and were put into groups of five households (called the gonin gumi system) which functioned as mutual assistance groups but also involved spying on the other households in the group to make sure there were no hidden Christians or law breakers of any other sort. If a member of the group knew of hidden Christians but failed to inform the authorities, the entire household group was usually punished. These were just some of the measures that the Shogunate formulated to stamp out Christianity and many of them were upheld throughout the 250 years of Shogunate rule, long after Christianity ceased to be a viable threat. For more information on these and other measures, one may consult the online article “How Japan dealt with the Christian Threat”.
    Result
    The result of such sanctions can be gleaned from the devil’s own mouth. So thorough were the Japanese in their eradication of Christianity that a Christian apologist was forced to declare:
    Although we often recall Muslim/Christian conflicts, it was the Shinto/Buddhist nation of Japan that perpetrated one of the most thorough extirpations ever recorded of a church. The Japanese exceeded any Muslim successes in how totally they destroyed once-booming Christian communities. This movement had significant long-term effects for the direction of the Christian movement, as the annihilation of the Japanese missions decisively prevented Christianity resuming its movement towards global status, striking a dreadful blow against its progress in Asia. By eliminating potential rivals, both these campaigns contributed to maintaining the near-total European monopoly of Christianity.
    For good measure, the Christian apologist is also forced to admit that:
    Although we naturally pay most attention to the spectacular acts of mass martyrdom, such violence in its own right need not be absolutely destructive. We remember the saying that “the blood of martyrs is the seed of the church.” Much more effective in the long term is systematic repression associated with intense surveillance and police work, which really does ensure that a crushed church cannot rise again. The Japanese were brilliantly successful at such policies. Much like modern-day totalitarian regimes, they ran a superbly effective mechanism of repression and thought control. They offer a terrifying model of the means by which a faith – any faith – truly can be destroyed.
    Indeed after receiving that crushing blow, Christianity has never again managed to make significant headway in the Land of the Rising Sun though there were periods of optimism and growth such as the early Meiji period or in the immediate aftermath of WW2.
    Last edited by Lamp; 09-23-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Korea

Fundamentalist Protestant antagonism against Buddhism has been a major issue for religious cooperation in South Korea, especially during the 1990s to late 2000s. Acts of vandalism against Buddhist amenities and "regular praying for the destruction of all Buddhist temples"[68][69] have drawn criticism. Buddhist statues have been considered as idols, attacked and decapitated. Arrests are hard to enforce, as the perpetrators work by stealth at night."[70] Such acts, which are supported by some Protestant leaders,[71] have led to South Koreans having an increasingly negative outlook on Protestantism and being critical of church groups involved, with many Protestants leaving their churches in recent years.[60][72]
    In contrast, relations between South Korean Catholics and Buddhists and other faiths has remained largely cooperative, partly due to the syncretism of many Buddhist and Confucian customs and philosophies into South Korean Catholicism, most notably the practice of jesa.[73]
    Last edited by Lamp; 09-23-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Interestingly, the Japanese are curious how far down the rabbit hole goes:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20...ha-to-japan-2/

Its hard to find anything in English, but its proven the Syrian Christians reached as Far East as Tang China's capitol. The first, top Jesuit in Japan covered up any suggestions they'd been beaten to the East. Its difficult to refute the claims by some Asian scholars the Nestorians and Buddhists were locked in a war of necromancy for the Emperor's favor; the Buddhists obviously won the war.

Legend has it, you could favor a blonde, blue eyed courtesan in ancient Sheung Wan. No, the "West" didn't discover the world; before Rome, Spain, and Portugal invented the hemispheres, mankind had been freely trading and exploring Earth.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-23-2017 at 09:26 AM.

A former journalist who worked for the Swedish publicly funded broadcaster SVT has been shot in the Stockholm suburb of Tensta, known as one of the country’s most notorious no-go zones.

The 29-year-old was shot just before 9 pm on Sunday evening in the heavily migrant populated suburb in the Swedish capital. He was found on the ground outside and quickly rushed to a hospital where it was discovered he had been shot in the leg but did not suffer from life-threatening injuries, Sveriges Radio reports.
    According to the broadcaster, the man was well known in the area and had worked on diversity and democracy projects. SVT editor Geronimo Åkerlund said that the victim had worked as a researcher for the broadcaster from 2016 up until the spring of 2017 in Rinkeby, another notorious no-go area.

More at: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...ot-no-go-zone/
    https://www.thelocal.se/20170320/vir...-suburb-tensta

Viral photo of locals helping firefighters 'shows positive side' of Stockholm suburb

A Tensta resident who photographed locals freeing a fire engine stuck in the mud has told The Local the viral picture is more representative of the suburb than reports of crime and stone throwing.
    Tensta, along with neighbouring Rinkeby north of Stockholm, makes up one of 15 areas labelled "particularly vulnerable" by police in a report from 2015. It usually only manages to grab international headlines whenever there are reports of unrest or an attack on emergency services in the area.

But a picture which has now gone viral shows that this is far from the whole story.

It was taken when the fire and rescue services in nearby Attunda got called out to assist when a serious blaze broke out in Tensta last Thursday, but got their fire engine stuck in a muddy field near the scene. A group of around a dozen local residents quickly rushed to its aid, and with the help of a tow truck the vehicle was eventually freed.

Erica Heikenborn, who lives in one of the buildings near the fire, took the picture and told The Local she shared it on social media to offer a different perspective from recent negative reports of Swedish suburbs.

"I think it is tragic that such a skewed view is given of an area that has so much joy. There are many people who have lived here for a long time and are happy," she said.

"Many people who come here say that they were afraid when they came here but are pleasantly surprised by how green and nice it is. Many people even come here from places far away to buy vegetables in the square and in our stores which have cheap food."

"I think it's time to show the positive side and think it's great that my picture was spread as something positive."
    "Our area is just like other areas. We operate in a socio-economically vulnerable area, but that does not mean that everyone who lives there wish us ill. It happens occasionally that we are exposed to threats, but there is also a lot of kindness and good will," he said.

"We don't have any no-go zones, absolutely not, the opposite in fact. We move around in all areas, with the same force, at the same speed. But sometimes we get indications, or see, that something is not right and then we take precautions. But I really want to emphasize that in those cases it's always cars or bins on fire, not residential buildings."

Here's another viral Zippyjuan:

Sons of Abraham dindu nuffin

Everyone has bias; do Christian historiographers lie?
    Some do, some don't.

I think you're equivocating, because you know what's coming. I've been there too.
    How so? While we differ on whether paganism or Christianity was the high point you obviously believe that things were better at one point and worse at another, history has ups and downs no matter which side you take.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I never suggested paganism was a high point, and if I did I'm sorry. What I'm asking is for some intellectual honesty from Christians. So long as there are "barbarians" out there who need the demystified cross of democracy, Christians will maintain this magical worldview they've got a mandate to destroy other civilizations. And I'm not going to single out just Christians. The modern True Believer is the Atheist: he enjoys all the blessings of Christianity, without the spiritual obligations. In fact, take away his God and give William Bradford a neckbeard and Che tee, and you've got yourself an Atheist.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-23-2017 at 07:34 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never suggested paganism was a high point, and if I did I'm sorry. What I'm asking is for some intellectual honesty from Christians. So long as there are "barbarians" out there who need the demystified cross of democracy, Christians . And I'm not going to single out just Christians. The modern True Believer is the Atheist: he enjoys all the blessings of Christianity, without the spiritual obligations. In fact, take away his God and give William Bradford a neckbeard and Che tee, and you've got yourself an Atheist.
    Well one way or another we both agree we have been in a decline for a long time.

For what it is worth I believe that spreading Christianity by the sword was one of the worst heresies ever perpetrated, the results do NOT justify the means.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah. Europe was a barbaric, war-torn land before Christianity arrived. And once it did, everyone was peaceful and there was no more fighting.

oh wait how did this get here huh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion

I like this thread. Civil discourse on a touchy subject. Nice.

The last thing I want is to insult somebody's religion, so if I do libel a (non)religion, just call me out and I'll apologize.

(Libel strictly speaking, not the SJW definition)

Lady GaGa went right to the edge...
    claims to have sold her soul to the devil and Illuminati, and to have been punished with fibromyalgia as a result.
    She's working with a Catholic priest to change her life.

Sept. 17, 2017

Last edited by goldenequity; 09-23-2017 at 10:38 PM.

What's Lady GaGa doing here?

Oh, is this about Varg Vikernes? He left that too, but he didn't become Roman Catholic. You might post that in firestarter's topic. I think toppling the romance and glamor of Hollywood is a legitimate front for taking down the propaganda industry, but Corey Feldman's explained why it isn't happening.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 09-23-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast