Thread: The Rapture starts Saturday, sayeth David Meade

The Rapture starts Saturday, sayeth David Meade

I don't expect to be raptured, so I'm not making plans for it. Y'all can do as you will.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0edff971d2ceb
    There’s yet another doomsday date approaching, with some claiming that the rapture will start on Saturday.

That’s when certain Christians will get sucked up into heaven while the Earth descends into a chaotic “tribulation” period for those who are left.

Several videos about the supposed coming cataclysm are going viral with similar claims, including the trippy clip above showing some kind of space queen giving birth in front of a seven-headed moon lizard.

But don’t stock up on Jim Bakker’s doomsday food buckets just yet. The entire basis for the prediction is bunk. The September rapture date came from a Christian researcher named David Meade who calculated it would occur 33 days after last month’s eclipse, The Washington Post reported.

“Jesus lived for 33 years. The name Elohim, which is the name of God to the Jews, was mentioned 33 times [in the Bible],” Meade told the newspaper. “It’s a very biblically significant, numerologically significant number. I’m talking astronomy. I’m talking the Bible … and merging the two.”

Meade believes global catastrophes will be caused by a secret planet called Nibiru passing the Earth on Saturday. The world won’t end, “but the world as we know it is ending,” he told the Post.

NASA ― and just about every astronomer ― said Nibiru doesn’t exist.

Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax,” the space agency said on its website a few years ago when similar doomsday predictions went viral. “There is no factual basis for these claims.”

Even fellow Christians are calling out Meade and others over the latest doomsday predictions.

Meade’s views are not endorsed by Roman Catholic, Protestant or eastern Orthodox branches of Christianity,” Fox News reported.

Meade is a made-up leader in a made-up field, and should not be on the front page of anything, let alone Fox News,” Ed Stetzer of Christianity Today wrote.

While the writers of the Bible have used numbers at times, Stetzer said there were no “secret numerical codes that require a profession called ‘Christian numerology.’”

In other words, go ahead and make plans for Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already have my groceries for Sunday.

I laid out a roast and I have a trip to make to the dump . I better take some weapons with me just in case I have to slay my way through the chaotic tribulation period on the way back home .

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-27-2018 at 10:31 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

It is going to happen in 2003. No, wait. 2006. Let's try again in 2016. Or was that 2017?

Just to put this out there: The Bible says that even Jesus does not know the day or the hour when the end will come.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Just to put this out there: The Bible says that even Jesus does not know the day or the hour when the end will come.
    Just remember that was written to the people at that time. Nothing is to say, people at a later time, won't be able to read the signs of the times and get an idea of when that time will be.

Matthew 16:1-3
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 09-23-2017 at 01:15 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    You and I know that, but people like Meade can count on their fanboys being biblically illiterate.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You and I know that, but people like Meade can count on their fanboys being biblically illiterate.
    Why do you deny people some excitement in their, otherwise boring, lives?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why do you deny people some excitement in their, otherwise boring, lives?
    I'm a stickler for truth and accuracy in all things, comrade. #meanie

Matthew 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left

It's the same dude.
    When we die, we leave behind what we no longer need.
    Our old nature.

Applies to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    well, if it does happen... and you disappear....

can I have your car?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Yeah, that one cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    well, if it does happen... and you disappear....

can I have your car?
    LGBTQHB takes the bus when his mom is too busy
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    <47 mins...

Meade's just smoothing out some details w/ God. #BestDeal

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    LGBTQHB takes the bus when his mom is too busy
    Wut? Your mom is never too busy for me.

Still here. The flood of lies and deception are some things Christians are told to watch for.

Nehemiah 4:9 - (KJV)
    Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them.

Matthew 24:2-7 (KJV)
    And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
    5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
    6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
    7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Matthew 23:11
    11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I see none of you were selected .

Quote Originally Posted by LGBTQHB View Post
    Wut? Your mom is never too busy for me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see none of you were selected .
    Nope. Not only that, danke got into his usual perversions on Sunday of all days. (see #21^^)

Low attendance at church, but I went to late service and I think we can chalk that up to a home Titans game. Most ticketholders go to early service and head out to the game after.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi