Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess the 'Top' English Baby Name for the 5th Year Running...

Guess the 'Top' English Baby Name for the 5th Year Running...

John? nope.
    Thomas? nope.
    Michael? nope.

Muhammad Is Top English Baby Name for Fifth Year Running
    http://truepundit.com/muhammad-is-to...-year-running/

Muhammad is the top name for baby boys in the English regions of London and the West Midlands in 2016, and was the top scoring across the whole of England and Wales in the year when slight variations in spelling are taken into account.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    John? nope.
    Thomas? nope.
    Michael? nope.

Muhammad Is Top English Baby Name for Fifth Year Running
    http://truepundit.com/muhammad-is-to...-year-running/

Muhammad is the top name for baby boys in the English regions of London and the West Midlands in 2016, and was the top scoring across the whole of England and Wales in the year when slight variations in spelling are taken into account.

Next up, muslim 007.
    "The Patriarch"

I guessed it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

zippy incoming.... I can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I guessed it.
    Me too, though I think I spelt it with an O in my mind, not a U. Kind of cheating, though, because I knew it already was, so the "5 years running" gave it away.

Don't worry, this won't change merry old England at all. It will have no effect. All the Mohammedans will turn into Englishmen! Because... "magic dirt."

This is mind boggling development, goal was to fight them over there and not have them run things over here.

Tony Blair agreed to act as Iraq war cheerleader according to newly released US memo
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...d-US-memo.html

Did Iraqi Freedom war hero Tony Blair's sister in law started this new fashion in UK?

Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam
    theguardian › World › Tony Blair
    Oct 24, 2010 - Tony Blair's sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having what she describes as a "holy experience" during a visit to Iran. Journalist and ...

London's Islamic mayor Sadiq Khan

Trump used to cite "many Americans" who think America has already elected its first muslim Prez. All that is left is for UK to do is to elect its own "Barack Hussein Obama" as first Islamic King or Queen and circle of freedom would complete its freedoming course.

Fake news. Propaganda. Whatever you want to call lies.

Oliver and Olivia have been crowned the most popular baby names in England and Wales with Olivia ending Amelia's five-year reign at top spot for girls. Oliver remained as the most popular first name given to baby boys in 2016 and has been the most popular boys' name since 2013.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ar-baby-names/
    Great example of how people are willing to lie to push their anti-liberty nationalist agenda though. Just goes to show that if a place goes out of their way to put "true" in their name then they're almost certainly liars.

Fake news:

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post

Great example of how people are willing to lie to push their anti-liberty nationalist agenda though. Just goes to show that if a place goes out of their way to put "true" in their name then they're almost certainly liars.
    Someone didn't read the first sentence of the article.

I wonder who that was?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Why am i not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post

hahaha... 'they' didn't 'do' anything different than what YOU just did.

aka..
    you
    chose to emphasize the 'top' 2 paragraphs in the article (omitting the bottom)
    they
    chose to post the 'bottom' 2 paragraphs in the article. (omitting the top)

You can only 'report' on just Oliver to be crowned as 'Liberty' driven...
    if you 'report' just on Muhhammed you're racist/hyper-Nationalist.

I'll admit they mis-represented (a little) by saying Mhmd was 'top scoring' across all of England'..
    when in fact
    it seems it just moved up 1 notch to unseat 'William'.

I also have no 'problem' with True Pundit as a reading source..
    I keep my brain 'on' and filter as needed.

btw...
    the neg rep was a cheep shot.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.

And still this doesn't bother me. Yeah, it's a demographic shift, but demographics are pretty insignificant to individualists.

The only names of children that concern me are my own.

The concept of liberty is pretty easy to understand when you drop the whole "us vs. them" mentality.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    And still this doesn't bother me. Yeah, it's a demographic shift, but demographics are pretty insignificant to individualists.
    Demographics are destiny, if the new invading demographic holds individuals and what they hold important, to be insignificant.

Just ask these guys:

aka..
    you
    they

I'll admit they mis-represented (a little) by saying Mhmd was 'top scoring' across all of England'..
    when in fact

btw...
    So they selectively chose their data to support their politics.

Be afwaid. Be berry, berry afwaid.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.

aka..
    you
    they

when in fact

btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So they selectively chose their data to support their politics.

Be afwaid. Be berry, berry afwaid.

"and was the top scoring across the whole of England and Wales in the year when slight variations in spelling are taken into account."
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

aka..
    you
    they

when in fact

btw...
    Read the first line of the article in the OP..

Your article is correct as written.

What Pierz posted is fake news.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Salvador Dali?

http://fortune.com/2017/09/22/muhamm...ar-baby-names/

While the did account for variants on spelling Muhammad, they did not include spelling variations of the Anglo names so yes, they were very selective in their data.

Muhammad cracked the top 10 list of the most popular baby names in England and Wales, surpassing William, James, Daniel, and other historically common names in the country, according to data from the U.K.’s national statistics agency.

Baby names can give a glimpse of pop culture influences and the changing demographics of a nation. In this case, it shows diversity within the 696,271 live births in England and Wales last year. The name has moved from 43rd to 8th in one decade.

Over the years, some reports have argued that if you were to look at all the different spellings of Muhammad than it would actually be the most popular name. And that’s true; There are numerous spellings of Muhammad, including “Mohammed” and “Mohammad,” in the top 100 list.

Still, that doesn’t take into account spelling variations of other Anglo names—for instance the variant spellings of Kristin, Kristen, and Krysten or Erik and Eric—that would offer up a true comparison.

At any rate, the result runs the risk of being twisted to spark Islamophobia or anti-Muslim sentiment.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/22/muhamm...ar-baby-names/

While the did account for variants on spelling Muhammad, they did not include spelling variations of the Anglo names so yes, they were very selective in their data.
    Over the years, some reports have argued that if you were to look at all the different spellings of Muhammad than it would actually be the most popular name. And that’s true; There are numerous spellings of Muhammad, including “Mohammed” and “Mohammad,” in the top 100 list.

Still, that doesn’t take into account spelling variations of other Anglo names—for instance the variant spellings of Kristin, Kristen, and Krysten or Erik and Eric—that would offer up a true comparison.
    Ok, the data is there, why not test their little theory here before publishing the article? Maybe because it is bull$#@!?

At any rate, the result runs the risk of being twisted to spark Islamophobia or anti-Muslim sentiment.
    How is it twisted?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ok, the data is there, why not test their little theory here before publishing the article? Maybe because it is bull$#@!?

How is it twisted?
    Yes, why didn't they apply the same standards to all of the names? Because then Muhammad wouldn't top the list anymore?

Yes, why didn't they apply the same standards to all of the names? Because then Muhammad wouldn't top the list anymore?
    I don't know, why didn't your source find out? They came up with the Kristen, Kristyn theory, why not test it? The data is right there, available.. find ONE variation that tops out Muhammed and its variations and publish it. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

The only names of children that concern me are my own.
    If you had some of your own, you would, I think, perhaps, begin to understand the concern. After a few years you might "get it".

Until then, it will be tough to comprehend. But allow me to try anyway:

You say you're an "individualist." Are you sure? Are you really so sure? So you don't think people are just interchangeable cogs in a machine, right? That is still part of individualism even in Current Year, right? People are, like, all different and junk?

Are we on the same page on that, Cap'n? We believe humans are not just bland, beige, generic cogs? We believe they're actual differentiated individuals?

Let's hope so. So, very well.

So, given that individualist framework, what is it, you think, that makes one place different from another? Why would one neighborhood, or nation, be more pleasant than another?

Could it be: the different individuals in those different places? I mean, there's the weather and the scenery, and some put more value on that than others, but for all the social and economic and, well, human factors, we can rightly say that they depend upon, surprise: the humans! The quality of the humans present determines the quality of your human experience with them.

What do you think about this? Pretty air-tight case? In agreement? Want to pick any gnats in it? Or should we go on?

And then there's that other matter which causes this news to give a false impression--Muslims traditionally name their first born boys Muhammed or some variation thereof. If Christians traditionally named their firstborn males 'Jesus' or 'Christian', or if there was any name that was found in nearly every Christian family, then that name would undoubtedly be the most popular by a significant margin.

Yes, this fact does say something about what is happening to Great Britain. But not half as much as it seems to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

So after looking at this scary story, I decided to delve into the numbers a little bit to see whats really going on and because I have a more time than sense, I decided to also do my analysis for the 2015 baby name list, I decided to calculate the % of muslim sounding names in the top 100 to understand the level of threat we are facing.

So a total of 181,730 and 188,065 babies made the list of the top 100 in 2016 and 2015 respectively and from that top 100. I found the names

8. Muhammad - 3908
    31. Mohammed - 2228
    68. Mohammad - 948
    96. Ibrahim - 701
    Total - 7785

14. Muhammad - 3588
    27. Mohammed - 2536
    56 Mohammad - 1116
    91. Ibrahim - 669
    Total - 7909

2016 data https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...land-and-wales
    2015 data http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10459074.html

Divide the Muslim names by the total number of babies in the 2016 and 2015, multiply by 100 and you get 4.28% and 4.2% respectively. A 0.08% increase year over year which means that at the current growth rate, Muslim names would make up more than 50% of British baby names in 572 years. So yea, that is the threat we are facing, a majority(50.1%) in baby names by year 2590

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This clique is willing to destroy society and even humanity in order to have safety from its fear. When it finds a powerful tool, like opposition to “racism,” it quickly converts it into a weapon for forcing people not to publicly state that there are qualitative differences between individuals, families, castes, sexes, religions, ethnic groups and races.

From this erroneous outlook comes inversion, or a situation where all things affirmed in public to be truths are lies because all things that are actually true are taboo, requiring us to invent ersatz inferior substitutes, sort of like how modern art is not real art. Even worse, this inversion leads to multiculturalism, which is ethnic replacement:

For the third straight Jewish year, the most popular baby names in Israel were Tamar and Muhammad.

…Some 166,450 babies were born during the year, down from 176,230 in the previous year, while 42,172 Israelis died during the same time period.

This, too, is caste revolt: the populations which could not make great civilizations emigrate to those civilizations, then set up shop and because simpler groups have more children, outbreed the original group in part thanks to the mechanisms of advanced civilizations which allow more infants to survive. That new group then out-votes the original occupants and replaces them.

-- http://www.amerika.org/politics/watc...e-nationalism/

Multiculturalism is ethnic replacement.

Multiculturalism is ethnic replacement.

Ah, the plaintive bleat of the xenophobe is heard in the land. But these people left the place where they were because they wanted to find something better. Is it possible that a person could migrate looking for something better and still be resistant to change? Of course it is. And if the people who know how to do it better refuse to teach them what is better, because they're afraid to associate with them or be seen with them, then assimilation is not possible.

'There are among us a great mass of people who have been reared for generations under a government of tyranny and oppression. It is ingrained in their blood that there is no other form of government. They are disposed and inclined to think our institutions partake of the same nature as these they have left behind. We know they are wrong. They must be shown they are wrong.'--Calvin Coolidge
    And if our institutions are as corrupt as the ones they left behind, then guess what? We allowed our culture to be appropriated and made extinct, and we can't even blame them. Because it was our own elected psychos that did it, and our own complacency that permitted it.

The U.S. allowed in one hell of a lot of immigrants before and during Coolidge's presidency. They taught us how to make burritos, and we taught them how to breathe free and be entrepreneurial. If we can't teach those things any more, it isn't because of anything immigrants did. It's because we allowed our own to grind us under the boot heel so long we forgot how to do them ourselves.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-27-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The U.S. allowed in a lot of immigrants before Coolidge's presidency.
    Yes, and then Coolidge ended that practice. And the change stuck. For the next 50 years almost no one was let in.

Coolidge was a good President. He tried to do what would be best for the country, and in large part he was right about what would be best.

Hail Coolidge!

Ah, the plaintive bleat of the xenophobe is heard in the land.
    Who says? Who knows what my opinion is? Maybe I am very much in favor of ethnic replacement. Kill Whitey! Accelerate the Browning of America! The majority of young children in America are already non-white, so even without *any* more immigration, *zero*, we've already won! Whites are on the way to being a minorty. Woohoo! Victory!

Yes, this fact does say something about what is happening to Great Britain. But not half as much as it seems to say.
    That's true! Here's another fun tidbit!

Just passing along facts. Fun facts!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    That's true! Here's another fun tidbit!

Just passing along facts. Fun facts!
    Reciting scripture in child's pose is not as fun it as it looks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast