Thread: A question for Jim.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

A question for Jim.

@jllundqu You ever noscoped a guy before?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whatsamatter wit you, man?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    His date stood him up?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    no scope
    Generally speaking, the act of killing someone in a first person shooter game with a one shot gun (sniper rifle, bolt action rifle, etc) without using a telescopic sight or sniper scope. Most commonly, the term is used to mean that you fired such a gun from the hip and killed someone with it, however it can also (debatably) mean that you pulled up iron sights on a sniper rifle / bolt action rifle and then killed someone that way. The term does not apply to shotguns, semi-automatic rifles (unless they can be scoped), or any automatic weapon.

No scoping is generally viewed as an act of skill (or luck, depending on who you talk to and the mechanics of the game you're playing). This is because you are killing someone with one shot through a (usually) large crosshair and also risk exposing yourself if you miss. However, the amount of prestige that is attached to a single no scope depends on the distance and rate of success; i.e. if you no scope once and do this by killing a guy who you are literally next to, that doesn't take much skill, but if you continually no scope guys who are halfway across the map, that's some seriously good $#@! on your behalf. On a related note, no scope headshots get you some serious prestige if you can pull them off constantly.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I meant like in COD. With a gun.

Yeah, I know what it is. My son is world ranked in a couple of those games. I thought you were talking about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    no scope
    Generally speaking, the act of killing someone in a first person shooter game with a one shot gun (sniper rifle, bolt action rifle, etc) without using a telescopic sight or sniper scope. Most commonly, the term is used to mean that you fired such a gun from the hip and killed someone with it, however it can also (debatably) mean that you pulled up iron sights on a sniper rifle / bolt action rifle and then killed someone that way. The term does not apply to shotguns, semi-automatic rifles (unless they can be scoped), or any automatic weapon.

No scoping is generally viewed as an act of skill (or luck, depending on who you talk to and the mechanics of the game you're playing). This is because you are killing someone with one shot through a (usually) large crosshair and also risk exposing yourself if you miss. However, the amount of prestige that is attached to a single no scope depends on the distance and rate of success; i.e. if you no scope once and do this by killing a guy who you are literally next to, that doesn't take much skill, but if you continually no scope guys who are halfway across the map, that's some seriously good $#@! on your behalf. On a related note, no scope headshots get you some serious prestige if you can pull them off constantly.

Yeah, I know what it is. My son is world ranked in a couple of those games. I thought you were talking about something else.
    Sniper scoping a commission controlling the president? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3JSEqNtlg

In short.... yes I have. I don't generally like scoped weapons in games like COD and the like simply because I don't like losing my FOV. I do often get lucky with throwing random grenades in the air through.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @jllundqu You ever noscoped a guy before?
    Why do you ask?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Why do you ask?
    No reason I just wondered if you did that in real life.

No reason I just wondered if you did that in real life.
    Well now wait a minute... in real life or in games? Seems an odd question to single me out for my own thread to ask if I've ever shot someone without a scope 'in real life'

- Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Real life. I was just giving that guy an example of how it works.
    Last edited by Lamp; 09-25-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Or are they just not allowed to do that out there.......
    Last edited by Lamp; 09-25-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Or are they just not allowed to do that out there.......
    Sent PM
    Last edited by jllundqu; 09-25-2017 at 03:56 PM.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I thought he was talking about playing video games. Admittedly he wasn't.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-26-2017 at 06:33 AM.

If I was the maid, the whole house would be cleaned.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-26-2017 at 06:33 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Real life.
    I was not aware that real life was in question here.

Though it could slide into theories of existential realities.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Um.....I'm pretty sure most people who play fsp games (which is like 90% of the high boy school population) know what no scoping is. I was just asking him because I knew he was in Iraq and gave the Urban Dictionary definition.

Last edited by Lamp; 09-26-2017 at 04:51 AM.