Thread: Obama Thinks People Trust Him More Now That He's Not President

Obama Thinks People Trust Him More Now That He's Not President

http://www.newsweek.com/obama-thinks...esident-668616

BY HARRIET SINCLAIR ON 9/20/17

Former President Barack Obama said the public is more likely to embrace his ideas of change in America and its pivotal role in global cooperation, now that he has left office.

During an event sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in New York on Wednesday, the former president said he had faced criticism during his tenure for stating that the U.S. needed to work together on climate change alongside other countries, rather than attempting to achieve such aims alone—a far cry from President Donald Trump's approach to climate change and his decision to leave the Paris Climate Agreement.

Obama said his pledge to bring about change in the U.S. was not taken seriously until his presidency ended. "About 40 percent of the country didn’t believe me—until I was gone, and then they believed me," he said.

"I take great pride in what the U.S. can do. But if we are talking about climate change or global migration spurred on by drought or famine or ethnic conflicts, we are not going to be able to solve those things by ourselves," he told the crowd.

"It doesn't make you less patriotic to believe that. You just have to have some sense and read," he said.

The former president also took the opportunity to address Obamacare and the current discussion over the future of the Affordable Care Act, in line with the subject of the event, which focused on global health initiatives over the past quarter of a century.

"When I see people trying to undo that hard-won progress for the 50th or 60th time," Obama told the crowd, "it is aggravating."

"It's certainly frustrating to have to mobilize every couple months to keep our leaders from inflicting real human suffering on our constituents. But typically, that's how progress is won, and how progress is maintained,” Obama added.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Hard-won progress", no you did it through fiat and fraud and lying. You are a deceiver and your social ideology a contrivance. Trust you, please. Take a hike, candyman; you can keep your hope and change, trust me.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Once people realize that they can keep their doctor and he's not really FoISIS, trust in him would sky rocket. Never diss a real Christian.

In other related news

OBAMA IS NO LONGER THE PRESIDENT

its OK to move on now

You know he was establishment, because they didn't blow his brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    In other related news

OBAMA IS NO LONGER THE PRESIDENT

its OK to move on now
    To be fair, he still the President of civil war bloodbaths in Syria, Libya.

Or do you really think millions of people displaced/killed from those civil wars have already moved on and therefore we should too?

But if you're just looking inward as matter of policy.. if you were able to keep your plan, guess you could move on in a non-interventionist way

Related

Those control the past control the future

Or do you really think millions of people displaced/killed from those civil wars have already moved on and therefore we should too?

But if you're just looking inward as matter of policy.. if you were able to keep your plan, guess you could move on in a non-interventionist way
    I have been trying to get you to understand this about Obama. That is the idea that Obama is not the leader of anything, he was never the leader of the US. He is just the avatar of the true leaders of the country. Some people call it the deep state, the continuation of govt(COG), zionist occupied government (ZOG) etc and those same leader control Trump now.

Have you ever wondered why the policy is Syria, Libya and ISIS never really changed when we had a change in govt?

You waste your energy just attacking the avatar.

I could agree if you are suggesting that he was just a lowly public relationing officer for the deep stage war enterptise neocon lobbies.. but I cannot understand giving any such character a pass as long they are still being celeberated by many ignorant folks, promoted by his puppet masters, rewarding with hefty wall street speech fees etc.

One should be able to understand the bigger picture and still be able to assign responsibility, not more difficult than walking and chewing gum.

You waste your energy just attacking the avatar.
    Curious, do you have same view about those who criticize Trump?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Curious, do you have same view about those who criticize Trump?
    Well it depends on how they criticize him. See its not that I think the presidents/puppet bear no responsibility at all for the crimes they cover for during their presidency. I just think it is the obsession with Obama that annoys me.

Take for example, calling Obama the founder of ISIS. Yes, he covered for ISIS and pretended to be attacking them but come on, he is not the founder of ISIS. It is most likely the deep state creeps who are controlling Trump right now that founded ISIS.

Btw, I criticized Obama and I criticize Trump but I am not obsessed about them or go overboard like you tend to do sometimes.

Trump fighters in Syria working with ISIS? how so if Obama his sworn enemy founded ISIS?
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-24-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Related

Those control the past control the future
    So, to be fair, is Bush still the president of the bloodbaths in Afghanistan & Iraq?
    There is no spoon.

Well it depends on how they criticize him. See its not that I think the presidents/puppet bear no responsibility at all for the crimes the cover for. I think it is the obsession with Obama is part that annoys me.

Take for example, calling Obama the founder of ISIS. Yes, he covered for ISIS and pretended to be attacking them but come on, he is not the founder of ISIS. It is most likely the deep state creeps who are controlling Trump right now that founded ISIS.

Btw, I criticized Obama and I criticize Trump but I am not obsessed about him or go overboard like you tend to do sometimes.

Trump fighters in Syria working with ISIS? how so if Obama his sworn enemy founded ISIS?
    ^^^THIS^^^

And, ISIS is just the continuation of Al Qaeda- another US formed "bad guy" group to originally fight the Russians.
    There is no spoon.