Thread: Senate Approves Record-Shattering $700 Billion Pentagon Spending Bill:

Senate Approves Record-Shattering $700 Billion Pentagon Spending Bill:

Senate Approves Record-Shattering $700 Billion Pentagon Spending Bill:

The U.S. Senate voted 89 to 8 to approve a $700 billion bill to fund U.S. wars and the Pentagon. The National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2018 would boost military spending by $80 billion annually—far more than the $54 billion increase President Trump asked for.
    Roll call votes are here. Those voting 'No':

Corker (R-TN)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Wyden (D-OR)

Here's more: Senate Backs Bill to Pump $700 Billion into Military.
    Last edited by charrob; 09-20-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add link to article from Antiwar.com.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now we know where the few million dollars saved on food stamp is going to

Btw doesn't matter that Sanders's name is on the list, the man is a fraud. He is a warmonger who is given permission to vote against bills like this. I wanted to believe that he was a good guy but the man is a staunch supporter of the F35, never talks about the deficit or debt. Lastly, if you listen carefully to him talk about the wars and funding his social programs, he always says something like this "if we can afford to spend billions on wars then we can afford to give all Americans free education" The problem is that we cannot afford either one.

Fraud fraud fraud.

Thanks, that's the House bill which still needs to be reconciled with the Senate bill.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Btw doesn't matter that Sanders's name is on the list, the man is a fraud. He is a warmonger who is given permission to vote against bills like this. I wanted to believe that he was a good guy but the man is a staunch supporter of the F35, never talks about the deficit or debt. Lastly, if you listen carefully to him talk about the wars and funding his social programs, he always says something like this "if we can afford to spend billions on wars then we can afford to give all Americans free education" The problem is that we cannot afford either one.

Fraud fraud fraud.
    Totally agree with you. It wasn't until about a year before he ran for president that he changed his voting choices. Prior to that he almost always voted with the Democrats no matter how warmongering a senate bill was. My gut tells me he will again run for potus in 2020 and that's why his votes continue to be dovish. He is no Dennis Kucinich who actually is a principled non-interventionist.
    Last edited by charrob; 09-20-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Maybe now we can defeat the evil doers.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Fraud fraud fraud.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Maybe now we can defeat the evil doers.
    Let's not get carried away. We start with a really awesome parade, and see how that goes.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6