Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Rand Paul 'negative force' on fixing health care Graham-Cassidy Bill is GREAT!

Trump: Rand Paul 'negative force' on fixing health care Graham-Cassidy Bill is GREAT!

President Trump on Wednesday targeted Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) for being a "negative force" on health care.

"Rand Paul is a friend of mine but he is such a negative force when it comes to fixing healthcare. Graham-Cassidy Bill is GREAT! Ends Ocare!" he tweeted.

"I hope Republican Senators will vote for Graham-Cassidy and fulfill their promise to Repeal & Replace ObamaCare. Money direct to States!"
    Rand Paul is a friend of mine but he is such a negative force when it comes to fixing healthcare. Graham-Cassidy Bill is GREAT! Ends Ocare!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 20, 2017
    I hope Republican Senators will vote for Graham-Cassidy and fulfill their promise to Repeal & Replace ObamaCare. Money direct to States!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 20, 2017
    Paul has called the bill from Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bill Cassidy (R-La.) "ObamaCare lite" and said he wouldn't support it.

The Graham-Cassidy bill seeks to give more power to states by converting money currently spent on ObamaCare’s subsidies and Medicaid expansion into block grants for states.

Earlier this week, Paul expressed concern that the Republicans' latest attempt to repeal ObamaCare might pass.

“There's a big groundswell of people pushing for this,” Paul told reporters on Monday. “Two weeks ago, I’d have said zero [chance it’ll pass], but now I’m worried.”
    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ing-healthcare
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Another president promising to "fix" healthcare thanks guys just what I always wanted.
    STHU supporting Lindsey Graham over Ron Paul's son is brilliant 365D chess MAGA!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Seems to me, Rand is the only one working "Positively" towards anything.

The rest of them are just playing with their version of negatives. Oh well, looks like Trump and the GOP are going to own the disaster, now. How fun.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I disagree with Trump here, this is Obamacare lite. I agree with Rand wholeheartedly to vote no on Graham-Cassidy Bill.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    STHU supporting Lindsey Graham over Ron Paul's son is brilliant 365D chess MAGA!
    Not to mention taking the anchor of failure that is Obamacare hanging around the necks of the DNC and proudly laying it on the GOP. Its like they want to get crushed in the new few cycles just like the dems.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Not to mention taking the anchor of failure that is Obamacare hanging around the necks of the DNC and proudly laying it on the GOP. Its like they want to get crushed in the new few cycles just like the dems.
    It's the political hot potato: to be passed to whatever party is in power>to ensure the other party gets good fundraising>to ensure they get the hot potato next>to ensure the cycle continues.

Brilliant plan... if you're a psychopath...

...or a politician.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Seems to be the opposite of what our resident Trump soothsayers said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's the political hot potato: to be passed to whatever party is in power>to ensure the other party gets good fundraising>to ensure they get the hot potato next>to ensure the cycle continues.

Brilliant plan... if you're a psychopath...

...or a politician.
    Then this plan puts most of any political blame on the states like they do with public schools now. Which normally would be something you should blame on states but the federal policy and mandates and regulations overburden the state.

Default Trump: Rand Paul 'negative force' on fixing health care Graham-Cassidy Bill is GREAT!
    That headline is one of the purposes of this bill. It's a trap. Graham and his behind the scenes advisers like Bill Kristol want to turn Rand into the bad guy, and once again, rehabilitate the reputation of McCain from his no vote on the repeal.

And if it does pass, they can claim victory, and they were the only ones who could do it. It's a win or win scenario for them.

Of course it's politics, not policy. This is a slight tweak, it's not a repeal, and it is not a replace.

Rand is thinking long term and in the best interest of the medical consumer. Trump and Graham are interested in short term political victories with no actual solutions or change.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump supporting the bill may turn out to be a good move. I can think of at least two reasons why. Anybody else?

Rand shouldn't support it, I certainly don't support it.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Come on people, we all know Trump is only going along with this tomfu*kery because the deep state is drugging the hell out of him. This is why, don't blame him, blame the deep state advisers he surrounded himself with for putting him in this position.

Do you guys really think Trump would support a healthcare bill written and promoted by anti Trumpers like Lindsey Graham without someone drugging him? I definitely don't think so

Suckers

The orange one has spoken.

Let it be so.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Come on people, we all know Trump is only going along with this tomfu*kery because the deep state is drugging the hell out of him. This is why, don't blame him, blame the deep state advisers he surrounded himself with for putting him in this position.

Do you guys really think Trump would support a healthcare bill written and promoted by anti Trumpers like Lindsey Graham without someone drugging him? I definitely don't think so

Suckers
    Ok, I guess that could be a third reason, but I can think of two other good reasons why Trump could be supporting the bill that are in our best interest.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post

Let it be so.
    Hint #1

When Trump wants something to happen, there is often resistance.

Hint #2

Have you EVER in your entire life heard Trump tweet out, "Me and this other guy are great friends, but he is totally screwing us over right now!" (Please cite examples)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seems to me, Rand is the only one working "Positively" towards anything.

The rest of them are just playing with their version of negatives. Oh well, looks like Trump and the GOP are going to own the disaster, now. How fun.
    Its almost like Congress is a shell game: while the Majority keep us suspended, the Minority pinch our money.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post

Let it be so.
    Oh my gawd, with the DUNE remake arriving in the next couple years, its time for the Orange Catholic Bible memes:

Thou Shalt Not Make A President In The Likeness Of A Carrot

Trump supporting the bill may turn out to be a good move. I can think of at least two reasons why. Anybody else?

Rand shouldn't support it, I certainly don't support it.
    And why the heck might it be good for Trump to support a bill that Rand shouldn't?

Is Trump calling Rand a negative force on healthcare also a good thing? And btw, when is Trump getting behind Rand's plan. Any updates on the obvs world of chess?
    Last edited by William Tell; 09-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

And why the heck might it be good for Trump to support a bill that Rand shouldn't?

Is Trump calling Rand a negative force on healthcare also a good thing? And btw, when is Trump getting behind Rand's plan. Any updates on the obvs world of chess?
    It's good for Trump because Trump doesn't actually care about healthcare and just wants to look like an effective leader. I don't know how it's good for everyone else though.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Because the anti-Trump fervor is so high that politicians on the left are very weary of supporting anything that Trump supports.

If Trump came out against the bill, then Dems might start supporting it. By Trump supporting the bill, the Dems have to come out against it or they will look bad in front of their constituents.

So in addition to not getting Dem votes, this puts pressure on Republicans to pass the bill. If they can't, then it shows they are weak, and maybe they will get voted out in 2018 in favor of some better candidates. This is similar to my theory last time, that by supporting the bill he can fully place the blame on Paul Ryan later on and this will help get rid of Paul Ryan. My theory has not proven to be incorrect, I was hoping the timing would be sooner but if Paul Ryan can't get these bills through at some point it will be very easy to portray him as a failure.. But if Trump didn't support the bill, it would embolden Paul Ryan because he could come out and say he is fighting the President as well so it doesn't make him look as bad that it didn't pass.

I'm looking for another example of where Trump was so upset at someone who in the very same sentence he called a friend.

Sure, there are pro-Ron Paul tweets by Trump and anti-Ron Paul tweets by Trump, but those are usually years apart. It is not often when in the same sentence Trump condemns somebody while also saying what a great person they are. I just haven't seen much of a precedent for this, which should make you think that something might be up.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-20-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    It's good for Trump because Trump doesn't actually care about healthcare and just wants to look like an effective leader. I don't know how it's good for everyone else though.
    Maybe because you are looking at it from the perspective that the first sentence you wrote is actually correct.

This is why, don't blame him...
    ...leaked transcripts of every FOX/dannno broadcast for the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Seems to be the opposite of what our resident Trump soothsayers said.
    Thanks, Soros soothsayer!
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I disagree with Trump here, this is Obamacare lite. I agree with Rand wholeheartedly to vote no on Graham-Cassidy Bill.
    Under Reconciliation rules (which is how they are trying to get it through), they can only try to change the parts of Obamacare which directly impact the budget- they can't use this tactic to get rid of the whole thing so "Obamacare Lite" is the best they can do. The other problem is that the Reconciliation Rule on Obamacare runs out on the 30th. After that, any bill will require at least 60 votes, instead of the 50 they can pass one with now. Time is running out. This is their last shot. (If they actually pass a new budget, they can try reconciliation sometime in the future again). There isn't time to get a Congressional Review of the impact the bill may have.

If only one other Senator joins Rand in voting no, nothing will be passed and Obamacare stay as it is.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have to pass a bill, or Republicans will lose seats in next cycle.

And we wouldnt want that, obviously.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We have to pass a bill, or Republicans will lose seats in next cycle.

And we wouldnt want that, obviously.
    You sound subdued. It's not just a bill, it's a GREAT bill POTUS said so.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You sound subdued. It's not just a bill, it's a GREAT bill POTUS said so.
    Clearly you've never read Art of the Deal, every tweet is a negotiation and you have to read his tweets in that context.

This bill is just one chess move of many to get us closer to a truly Great free healthcare bill
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Time is running out. This is their last shot.

LOL!
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL!
    Do you think they can get 60 votes on a bill ten days or more from now when they can't get the 50 they need now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    This is their last shot.
    Cut the bull$#@!. And look at the dates on these two articles, everybody.

Ryan: This is the last chance to repeal Obamacare

By KYLE CHENEY
    03/09/2017 12:56 PM EST
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-chance-235877

Ryan: Graham-Cassidy 'best, last chance' to repeal ObamaCare

By Scott Wong - 09/18/17 07:24 PM EDT
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/35...peal-obamacare
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast