Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK fairies freak out over can of frothy on flight deck

Exclamation UK fairies freak out over can of frothy on flight deck

Budget airline passenger stunned to spot can of Stella Artois in cockpit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...rtois-cockpit/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/d...g?imwidth=1240

A photo by Steve Lewis of the can of lager in the Jet2 cockpit CREDIT: MERCURY PRESS

20 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 12:49PM

A budget airline passenger was left "shocked" after spotting a can of Stella Artois in the cockpit of the plane that’d just flown hundreds of people back from Spain.

The Jet2 aircraft had landed at Birmingham Airport when passenger Steve Lewis noticed the can of lager, which appeared unopened.

The 59-year-old and his husband Steven, 51, both watched in disbelief as the can remained in the cockpit for around 20 minutes.

Mr Lewis said: “After we had landed at around 1.20pm, we were waiting on board for 20 minutes to get off, that's when I noticed the can.

“The plane had landed and the seatbelt light came on. I stood up to get my suitcase and as I did the cockpit door opened and I noticed the can.

“I turned to my partner Steven, who didn't believe me at first, but then he noticed you could clearly see the Stella branding.

“I was so shocked, I couldn't understand why there was alcohol in the cockpit.”

Mr Lewis, who lives in, Brackley in Northamptonshire, was returning from a one-night stay in Benidorm, where he had been celebrating Pride.

The GP’s reception manager said he was taken aback to see alcohol in the cockpit.

He said “I was so shocked, I couldn't understand why there was alcohol in the cockpit. It was there for the whole time we were waiting so it wasn't like the stewards had placed it down while they were busy and went back to move it.

“It even had a napkin underneath it which is how they serve drinks to passengers, so I'm a bit skeptical to whether it was there because someone had left it. It concerns me that alcohol is even allowed in the cockpit, if it was open or not.”

He added: “Airlines are really strict about how much passengers drink and our flight out to Alicante on the 7 September was an alcohol free one as it was early in the morning, surely they should follow the same guidelines for staff.”

Jet2 has confirmed there was an unopened can of lager in the cockpit but said it had been handed to staff by a customer.

A spokesperson said: “Upon further investigation of the photograph, we can confirm that it is an unopened can which had been handed to a member of our cabin crew by a customer when they were leaving the aircraft.

“This unopened can was then put down in the cockpit by the member of cabin crew, so that she could continue helping customers as they disembarked.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Annnnd it's international news. God we are so screwed.

Call me a fairy all you want but I too would also freak out if I saw alcohol in the cockpit of a plane I just flew with. How bad do you have it that you cannot wait until you got off the clock before having a drink? Btw, the fact that it is unopened makes little difference to me, it is the attitude and self control issues that can affect my safety that concerns me. I know some of you are reminiscing of the good ole days when people were able to drink, smoke, do a line of coke while on the job but not this guy. We are more civilized now and we know better not to engage in any of those mind altering activities while on the job.

Btw, this is international news because the plane was doing an international flight carrying people of many nationalities.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Call me a fairy all you want but I too would also freak out if I saw alcohol in the cockpit of a plane I just flew with. How bad do you have it that you cannot wait until you got off the clock before having a drink? Btw, the fact that it is unopened makes little difference to me, it is the attitude and self control issues that can affect my safety that concerns me. I know some of you are reminiscing of the good ole days when people were able to drink, smoke, do a line of coke while on the job but not this guy. We are more civilized now and we know better not to engage in any of those mind altering activities while on the job.

Btw, this is international news because the plane was doing an international flight carrying people of many nationalities.

I know some of you are reminiscing of the good ole days when people were able to drink, smoke, do a line of coke while on the job but not this guy. We are more civilized now and we know better not to engage in any of those mind altering activities while on the job.

There's no slippery slope here, the bottle was apparently unopened and everyone landed safely. Mr. Lewis was mad he didn't get any is all. And more civilized? Nope. We're not that.

I know some of you are reminiscing of the good ole days when people were able to drink, smoke, do a line of coke while on the job but not this guy.
    Man those were the days. MAGA! I think only politicians and cops are allowed to do those things on the job nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    There's no slippery slope here, the bottle was apparently unopened and everyone landed safely. Mr. Lewis was mad he didn't get any is all. And more civilized? Nope. We're not that.
    Guilt of the slippery slope fallacy, I got a bit carried away there and I apologize for that. But yea, open or unopened, having an alcohol in the cockpit says a lot about the kind of operation they are running at that airline and how serious they take the issue of safety. And to me, it says nothing good about them.

I am a frequent flier, I have sat beside pilots on my occasions flying and they all seem like cool people, they also tell some cool stories and they seem like the sort of people I'd love to have a beer with(hence the reason why danke and I are such good friends). The only problem is that I am not cool with them getting tempted by beer in the cockpit. My safety on the plane is paramount to them have a little beer.

Used to be that pilots from Air France were served a glass of wine when they were having dinner on duty.

I believe this is now discontinued but this used to be normal...

Now we have "IMSAFE"

Illness
    Medication
    Stress
    Alcohol
    Fatigue
    Emotion

The biggest bull$#@! there is. Replace the whole damn lot with "responsibility".
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    There was also no story here. This was nothing more than a Gay propaganda piece. LOOK! Steve Lewis has a husband named Steven!

He added: “Airlines are really strict about how much passengers drink and our flight out to Alicante on the 7 September was an alcohol free one as it was early in the morning, surely they should follow the same guidelines for staff.”
    Whut ? If I fly as a passenger I always drink a lot, no problem. I remember drinking two bottles of wine on a transatlantic flight with Alitalia, an almost empty airplane so the stewardesses told us, take what you want and left the cart in the aisle. Don't remember having a hard time getting alcohol in the morning either. Also I'm pretty sure in business class you get a glass of champagne in the morning, if you wish.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There was also no story here. This was nothing more than a Gay propaganda piece. LOOK! Steve Lewis has a husband named Steven!
    The word civil stems from Latin.. The Romans were so called 'civilized', they held slaves, conquered other peoples lands, forced their laws on them. Men and women were not equal, slaves were not people at all but simply property. They watched people massacre each other for fun, they destroyed other cultures on purpose...

So yeah, oh and some of the peoples they conquered, actually believed that men and women are equal, that crimes should not be punished but the guilty person would have to pay the victim or their family damages. People that did not believe in the death penalty.. And these people we generalize as "barbarians".

So yeah, depending on how you look at things, you may not want to call yourself civilized. Still, words have evolved to mean different things for different people, but, in this world where everything is regulated and codified into law - a very Roman thing - you could argue that the word is still keeping to it's original meaning.

In any case, if we stick to the modern meaning of "being decent and moral" (or something like that), then I'd say it's very civilized to have a beer in the cockpit but not touch it, it shows these pilots have good restraints and take their job seriously. They do not allow themselves to be distracted by the can of beer that happens to be there . Personally I'd be a lot more worried if pilots would refuse to fly because there is a can of beer in the cockpit, if that is the case, they have their priorities wrong.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 09-20-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    "I am a bird"

Guilt of the slippery slope fallacy, I got a bit carried away there and I apologize for that. But yea, open or unopened, having an alcohol in the cockpit says a lot about the kind of operation they are running at that airline and how serious they take the issue of safety. And to me, it says nothing good about them.
    There was no "alcohol" in the cockpit, at least not while they were underway.

Read the story again.

The unopened can was handed to a FA by a passenger on the way out the door, who then set it on the console to be retrieved while cleaning.

Can was spotted by the "Pride" tourist and his "husband" who took pictures and made a social media freakout over nothing into an international "incident".

Moral here: Mind your own $#@!ing business.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-20-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Oh yeah, that we are...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Read the story again.

The unopened can was handed to a FA by a passenger on the way out the door, who then set it on the console to be retrieved while cleaning.

Can was spotted by the "Pride" tourist and his "husband" who took pictures and made a social media freakout over nothing into an international "incident".
    Still, Jules does have a point. The good ole days were awesome when people could drink, smoke and snort lines on the job. I saw that movie with Denzel Washington and that pilot was doing lines of coke and drinking vodka and he flew like a sonofabitch. And danke said the scene was totally possible. So there you go, booze and coke for all pilots!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Still, Jules does have a point. The good ole days were awesome when people could drink, smoke and snort lines on the job. I saw that movie with Denzel Washington and that pilot was doing lines of coke and drinking vodka and he flew like a sonofabitch. And danke said the scene was totally possible. So there you go, booze and coke for all pilots!
    Like I said, at least until recently it was normal operating procedure for Air France pilots to have a glass of wine with their dinner while flying. Was Air France a poor airline because of this ? Don't know, but I've never heard it caused a crash or any sort of significant issue.

Like said before, I'd be more worried about someone following the rules so strictly it causes a dangerous situation than a pilot who is responsible and has a single drink at dinner. But that's just me, I'd rather live in a world where people use common sense than blindly follow rules. Even if this were to be a more dangerous world. Interesting>dangerous.
    "I am a bird"

Read the story again.

Don't tell jules I have bought alcohol at duty free and had it up in the cockpit with me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy $#@!, there was a can of beer in the cockpit?? How did the airplane even land safely with that thing in there?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Don't tell jules I have bought alcohol at duty free and had it up in the cockpit with me.
    It's probably within the rules to have unopened liquor in your luggage, but I'm reporting you just in case.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

He will report you to the Nigerian Police . It may be OK though because their Motto is " Police is Your Friends " ( no , I am not making that $#@! up ) .

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Holy $#@!, there was a can of beer in the cockpit?? How did the airplane even land safely with that thing in there?
    It was placed there after landing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It was placed there after landing.
    Ya_ok_sure.GIF
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    He will report you to the Nigerian Police . It may be OK though because their Motto is " Police is Your Friends " ( no , I am not making that $#@! up ) .
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Like I said, at least until recently it was normal operating procedure for Air France pilots to have a glass of wine with their dinner while flying. Was Air France a poor airline because of this ? Don't know, but I've never heard it caused a crash or any sort of significant issue.

Like said before, I'd be more worried about someone following the rules so strictly it causes a dangerous situation than a pilot who is responsible and has a single drink at dinner. But that's just me, I'd rather live in a world where people use common sense than blindly follow rules. Even if this were to be a more dangerous world. Interesting>dangerous.
    Having a stick up your ass is a lot more dangerous imo than a glass of wine.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When I saw the title of this thread, I couldn't help but think about Santorum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have never had a Stella in a can . The girl in the Stella Cidre commercial is a looker though.

On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Having a stick up your ass is a lot more dangerous imo than a glass of wine.
    Besides HB, most of us here will just have to take your word on this.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Read the story again.

Don't you see, that doesn't really matter that there was no alcohol while the plane was flying and this is because the paying passenger doesn't know that. From his/her point of view, the drink was there while the plane was in the air. The optic looks bad and that is why they freaked out

Short story, when I was working at burger king, we had this hand sanitizer that with the untrained eyes looks like jizz. So one day, I was about to ring up a customers order while I was lattering this stuff in my hands. As you can imagine, the customer freaked out and asked that I call the manager. The manager came out and explained everything to her before she calmed down. After that, we were told not to use said sanitizer in front of the customer and soon after that, we replaced the sanitizer. It did not matter that I was rubbing a sanitizer in my hands and not jizz but because it looked like I was doing the former in front of the customer, changes were made to the operation.

The moral of the story is that your paying customers will mind your own business for you and if they see something you do that bothers them, they will speak out. We are more outspoken now, customers know they are king.

Alcoholism is not funny.

https://www.aa.org/

If anyone needs help with dealing with their alcohol consumption.

We are more outspoken now, customers know they are king.
    "We" are more obnoxious, spying, creepy, rude and willing to rat out anybody in a second's notice with our 24/7 hate machines strapped to asses, in bids to achieve 15 minutes of internet fame.

That's what we are.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-22-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast